• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Are people really hyping Comic Con?

From what I've seen there was a vague reference to a "few surprises" at the end of a tweet, and what I took from that was that it would be a few surprises relevant to the attendants (like surprise guests or something), and not really any kind of news for us.
I am just going to hope but i don't expect much from CC

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, even if your attacks miss, weapon exp is still gained.

I'm not sure about this now, but if you happen to attack an enemy twice, you get double experience. In other words, every time you use a weapon, you get weapon exp.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Also, I stupidly made my avatar have plus strength and minus luck, even though I want him to be a magic user. Oh well. At least I didn't do minus magic.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
My 3DS thinks that every SD card is write-protected.

I tried the electrical tape trick, but it didn't work. Help?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So apparently we're getting a new Hyrule Warriors character today.

Groosegroosegroosegroosegroosegroosegroosegroosegroose

Please Nintendo. There's no excuse now that we have Agitha.
Rumor has it a Goron (don't know which Goron exactly) will be revealed as the Twitter teaser has "goro" (a common word Gorons say) written in it.

Speaking of Zelda, call me crazy but I'm thinking about buying a Phillips CD-i system to play the Zelda games. Looking on eBay and surprisingly I can get the system for under $300 (I was expecting MUCH higher prices). And I don't have to buy the games either because apparently the CD-i has no copy protection! :p

"But Wario Bros., why don't you just emulate the games for free?"

Oh, I've tried but unfortunately there are no fully operational CD-i emulators out there. Even with the best emulator I couldn't get what I want:

Link: The Faces of Evil - Beatable. However, cutscenes won't play (I want the full experience)
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon - Same as Link: The Faces of Evil
Zelda's Adventure - Unplayable. Game crashes when trying to move to the next map screen (can't even get the starting weapon)

So I have to play the real deal. But buying a CD-i is pretty low on my to-do list as of right now.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Zelda, call me crazy but I'm thinking about buying a Phillips CD-i system to play the Zelda games. Looking on eBay and surprisingly I can get the system for under $300 (I was expecting MUCH higher prices). And I don't have to buy the games either because apparently the CD-i has no copy protection! :p
Seems like a good investment.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Rumor has it a Goron (don't know which Goron exactly) will be revealed as the Twitter teaser has "goro" (a common word Gorons say) written in it.

"But Wario Bros., why don't you just emulate the games for free?"

Oh, I've tried but unfortunately there are no fully operational CD-i emulators out there. Even with the best emulator I couldn't get what I want:

Link: The Faces of Evil - Beatable. However, cutscenes won't play (I want the full experience)
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon - Same as Link: The Faces of Evil
Zelda's Adventure - Unplayable. Game crashes when trying to move to the next map screen (can't even get the starting weapon)

So I have to play the real deal. But buying a CD-i is pretty low on my to-do list as of right now.
I've managed to emulate Hotel Mario successfully before... If I remember correctly. I know I used it for a Youtube Poop once...
It sucks that the Zelda ones aren't working, though.

EDIT: I'm not planning on getting a CD-I but I would TOTALLY get this just for an out-of-place vibe in my future Zelda-themed collection.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, I stupidly made my avatar have plus strength and minus luck, even though I want him to be a magic user. Oh well. At least I didn't do minus magic.
Robin's base magic growth is still decent even if you don't go +Magic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I didn't know exactly what stat did what so I just went with something that sounded nice and went with it when I made Robin.

D

Deleted member

I did minus strength once.

I never used a sword with Robin that profile.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
In terms of nature, it's destined to die ;\ If you even put it back in it's nest it's mother would likely reject it due to smell.
It's likely the bugs/ants that will get it.
About that. Turns out it survived the night. My mom now moved it into the bird feeder and the mother bird is still coming down to feed it.

I am rather surprised.

I always go +Magic -Defense with male Robin and +Speed - Defense with female Robin.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In terms of nature, it's destined to die ;\ If you even put it back in it's nest it's mother would likely reject it due to smell.
It's likely the bugs/ants that will get it.
This is actually a misnomer. Most birds have a terrible sense of smell and it's not so much rejection as being a school of hard knocks and the bird is now too old to stay with its parents. Contrary to popular belief, fletchlings falling out of the nest is perfectly normal because this is how they learn how to fly. Fletchlings learn how to fly by falling out of the nest (fairly traumatic but certainly livable) and then practicing by repeatedly jumping off from low hanging branches, large rocks, bushes, etc. If they survive the repeated falls, they'll eventually learn how to fly. Of course, it is possible for them to fall out too early but there is a noticeable difference between a healthy fletchling (usually can hop away from you) and an actual baby bird (lack of feathers, eyes not open, can't stand, does little beside chirp loudly, etc).

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Considering how the mother bird is still coming down to feed the baby bird despite that and it not really being able to do anything, it hasn't tried to jump out of the bird feeder yet anyway, I'm pretty sure it is a baby bird still.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
God damn it! I'm playing FE: Awakening and everytime Gaius attacks Chrom and gets double teamed by literally every person that is beside Chrom.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

D

Deleted member

God damn it! I'm playing FE: Awakening and everytime Gaius attacks Chrom and gets double teamed by literally every person that is beside Chrom.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I hate it when you try and attack someone so that a weaker unit can kill them and get more experience, but nope, Chrom decides to "help" me, and kills the enemy.

"I'm helping!"

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hate it when you try and attack someone so that a weaker unit can kill them and get more experience, but nope, Chrom decides to "help" me, and kills the enemy.

"I'm helping!"
Yeah it's super annoying. Maybe i'll try having Chrom one space ahead though...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What happens on the 25th, will there be users who will actually answer my question at that point in time? I just come back here and ask if Comicon happened specifically on the 25th?! Why would I wait until the 25th to ask whether or not it happened... :jigglypuffmelee:
Easy there GoldenYuiitusin 2.0! In due time all will be answered.

The 3DS tournament is on the 25th so i'm guessing if anything Smash related will be announced it will be during that day coupled with the tournament.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

Another entertaining signature I find myself quickly abandoning. Ah well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
FOOLS!

I changed my avatar. His legend dates back to the twelfth century...

What a funny coincidence since Soul Eater's Excalibur shares the same voice actor as Lon'qu and Validar... (In Japanese, that is.)

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Hmm...
I wonder what the chances of getting a double strike, having astra activate both times, having aether activate on all the hits of astra and getting crits on all resulting 20 hits. It would be overkill on anything, though I'm curious...
Time to go do some maths!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hmm...
I wonder what the chances of getting a double strike, having astra activate both times, having aether activate on all the hits of astra and getting crits on all resulting 20 hits. It would be overkill on anything, though I'm curious...
Time to go do some maths!
Aether (or any other skill) won't activate during Astra's hits.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Spoony, AlphaOmegaSin, AVGN

all in one video

strange combination of people

Hong

The Strongest
FOOLS!

I changed my avatar. His legend dates back to the twelfth century...

What a funny coincidence since Soul Eater's Excalibur shares the same voice actor as Lon'qu and Validar... (In Japanese, that is.)
I approve. Personally, I'm holding back on my own Robin related decals until the next newcomer is announced. You know how it is: everyone is going to main the newest kid on the block, until someone else shows up and they're all tripping over each other to get avatars of them.

That's so mainstream.:seuss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom