• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'll admit bub. I disagree.
But hey, it all comes down to opinions in the end.
What isn't fine with it?

It doesn't harm anyone. It's a fictional character. And it isn't illegal.

The only way it couldn't be fine is because of your religion, in which you would to also have a problem with anyone liking any type of fictional character no matter what age, gender, race, or w/e else you can think of it is.

And even then, it still isn't cool to rag on someone just because they have a crush on a fictional character. Unless it's in a teasing way, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What isn't fine with it?

It doesn't harm anyone. It's a fictional character. And it isn't illegal.

The only way it couldn't be fine is because of your religion, in which you would to also have a problem with anyone liking any type of fictional character no matter what age, gender, race, or w/e else you can think of it is.

And even then, it still isn't cool to rag on someone just because they have a crush on a fictional character. Unless it's in a teasing way, which doesn't seem to be the case here.
Look, it's just a personal opinion on my side. Nothing more, nothing less.
In any case, I'll stop ragging.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm more into kemonomimis myself~

For those that don't know what kemonomimis are, think of the best and bird Laguz and Taguel in their untransformed state.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
The internet is an anonymous place and thus people feel more secure to act in ways they normally wouldn't. Any otaku (I'm lumping otaku with video games here for now) are going to have their crushes, even "weird" crushes, with fictional character 99% of the time.

Someone having a crush on a anthropomorphic preteen hedgehog doesn't actually hurt anyone and won't unless they become very obsessive over it and start to lose a grip on reality.

So yes. It is fine.
Well, some people I know in rl crossed the line a long time ago. As in, all they did was talk about Sonic, wrote inappropriate role plays with their OCs, and the like. I've been scarred for life because of that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, some people I know in rl crossed the line a long time ago. As in, all they did was talk about Sonic, wrote inappropriate role plays with their OCs, and the like. I've been scarred for life because of that.
That's a whole different case when it gets to that. And even then, they are only hurting themselves. But still, some psychiatry wouldn't be a bad thing when it gets that far along.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Look, it's just a personal opinion on my side. Nothing more, nothing less.
In any case, I'll stop ragging.
Honestly I find it a little gross when people say fictional characters are "hot"(or anyone hot for that matter. its kinda derogatory) or they prefer made up characters to real ones too. Or at least a tad bit sad... I mean theres some understanding with this though. I'm not trying to say that people don't have problems talking to real people. I realize that some people may have it worse than others when it comes to finding a friend or something like that. I don't think its best for people to use fictional characters as a kind of scapegoat or defense mechanism for not having real relationships. Kinda like how mimgrim said the unhealthy obsession thing.

(I really haven't been reading the last few posts of how this was brought up. I'm assuming its just a joke CliffJumper someone made to be funny. I'm not trying to say anyone here is overly obsessed with made up characters)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
(I really haven't been reading the last few posts of how this was brought up. I'm assuming its just a joke CliffJumper someone made to be funny. I'm not trying to say anyone here is overly obsessed with made up characters)
I believe it started with Sehsucht crossdressing.
It gets weird from there...

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
People have had crushes on fictional characters ever since movies started getting big. It's just that having a crush on a character in a live-action movie, I'm not talking about a crush on an actor but a crush on the character the actor is playing, is more acceptable then one on a cartoon/anime/video game character because of the media and how general society view the latter. But there really isn't a difference in the long run and both become a problem when people get overly obsessed over it.

basically. Society and it's social conventions suck.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
......Uh....

A-anyways....

So I'm getting a 3DS tomorrow what have besides Pokemon should I get?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
People have had crushes on fictional characters ever since movies started getting big. It's just that having a crush on a character in a live-action movie, I'm not talking about a crush on an actor but a crush on the character the actor is playing, is more acceptable then one on a cartoon/anime/video game character because of the media and how general society view the latter. But there really isn't a difference in the long run and both become a problem when people get overly obsessed over it.

basically. Society and it's social conventions suck.
Pretty much. I can add that with acting it kinda makes you want to act too. Same thing with anime/cartoon/videogames liking something can either go to creepy fan obsession or adding value to the industry. Thats pretty nice though that can even get out of hand. If everyone was involved with cartoons and crap society would get a thumbs down.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
......Uh....

A-anyways....

The 3DS has a pretty decent selection at this point so it depends on the kind of stuff you like.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
My posts have been kinda crap lately. All I've been doing for a while is going to threads and making jokes. I used to say things that were informative but I've been finding my self doing it a lot less recently. I've been trying to fix it though by doing a little of both. Maybe I can ween myself off of making jokes and make informative posts.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
That's a whole different case when it gets to that. And even then, they are only hurting themselves. But still, some psychiatry wouldn't be a bad thing when it gets that far along.
True enough. I expressed my displeasure in what they did, even asking them to get help, but after a few times I gave up because they weren't listening to me whatsoever. I tried to be understanding for awhile...but it just went too far. Over the past few years, I've distanced myself from these certain individuals because of the stress. Its sad to see the people I once called friends go that far and not even realize it.

......Uh....

A-anyways....

Fire emblem awakening is a pretty good game, imo.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
......Uh....

A-anyways....

OH MAN BOI YOU'RE IN FOR A TREAT.

My recommendations:

-Pokemon X/Y
-Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (only if you want dat nostalgia)
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Super Mario 3D World
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Mario Kart 7
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
-Kirby Triple Deluxe

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Those didn't help much at all....

I'd like specific examples.

Like, what ones were any good?
Well, it's all really subjective in the end.
Though, if you ask me. In terms of retail games, I'd say Kid: Icarus Uprising. I did hear Fire Emblem Awakening and Link Between Worlds weren't the bad either.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
True enough. I expressed my displeasure in what they did, even asking them to get help, but after a few times I gave up because they weren't listening to me whatsoever. I tried to be understanding for awhile...but it just went too far. Over the past few years, I've distanced myself from these certain individuals because of the stress. Its sad to see the people I once called friends go that far and not even realize it.

Fire emblem awakening is a pretty good game, imo.
Speaking of FE: A I just completed that game for the first time ever an hour ago. It was my first FE game. I LOVED it. My final thoughts were, "Amazing game." and "WHERE HAS THIS BEEN all my life!?"

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus:Uprising are both very good games, and have plenty of replayability too.
Mmm, thanks. That was actualy helpful.

Man, my options are blown really large, there's so much to choose from.

My recommendations:

-Pokemon X/Y
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Super Mario 3D World
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Mario Kart 7
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Kirby Triple Deluxe
;_; no fair I can only buy one... That and I'm really hoping I get a free copy of x&y from my cousin

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

My recommendations:

-Pokemon X/Y
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Super Mario 3D World
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Mario Kart 7
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Kirby Triple Deluxe
Was goiing to list some stuff off, but this list is pretty good, if you like JRPGs at all the only thing I could really add is Bravely Default other then that about covered it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

It's hard to recommend games when you don't know what kind of games the other person is into.

The only thing I can do in this case is tell you that I own Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising, Virtue's Last Reward, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey 4, and Etrian Odyssey Untold The Millennium Girl and that I like all of them.

I could also tell you what regular DS games I have if you don't have any of those already either.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The only other ones I was thinking about was tomodaci life, Dual destinies or street fighter 4.

I'm buying all this used BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom