• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ughh, that sucks. So they're the McDonalds of supermarkets chains?
Well, Wal-Mart's not just a supermarket.

It sells pretty much everything, which is why its competition is practically non-existent outside of Target.
This. McDonalds is big but at least they have plenty of competition. Burger King, Wendys, Hardeez, White Castle, Jack-in-the-Box, Sonic, Steak N Shake, Culvers, Dairy Queen, Checkers, Rally's, Krystal, etc and that's just the national burger joints, nevermind the hundreds of other fast food places both national and local. Wal-Mart is different though. No joke, Wal-Mart has a tendency to kill local businesses within months of being built unless those stores have things that Wal-Mart doesn't or specializes in something above and beyond what Wal-Mart can.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just read that they're bringing a Smash 3DS tournament to Comic-Con this year. I may be really late sharing this, but here's me point: Whatever happens at Comic-Con STAYS at Comic-Con.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
This. McDonalds is big but at least they have plenty of competition. Burger King, Wendys, Hardeez, White Castle, Jack-in-the-Box, Sonic, Steak N Shake, Culvers, Dairy Queen, Checkers, Rally's, Krystal, etc and that's just the national burger joints, nevermind the hundreds of other fast food places both national and local. Wal-Mart is different though. No joke, Wal-Mart has a tendency to kill local businesses within months of being built unless those stores have things that Wal-Mart doesn't or specializes in something above and beyond what Wal-Mart can.
Yikes! That's not a chain. That sounds more like a global conquest. Or Invasion of the Body Snatchers (without the aliens.)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is Wal-Mart such an a tremendous eldritch horror? Last I heard, it was an American chain of supermarkets. We have those over here too.
Pretty much what everyone else has been saying. It's quite the venomous chain.
Like a god amongst the "peasants".

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Why is The Last of Us: Remastered being called a remaster when it's really just a GOTY or Gold Edition?

Yikes! That's not a chain. That sounds more like a global conquest. Or Invasion of the Body Snatchers (without the aliens.)
It's called "Monopoly".

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Basically.

I'm just glad that my town's Super Wal-Mart is on the other side of town. Not so glad when Gamestop is right next door, but ah well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though I'll be honest, for some things Wal-Mart isn't too terrible. I just prefer Target.
Especially since one of the Wal-Marts near me became a Super Wal-Mart a few months back. And let's just say they sure do love their narrow aisles.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Why is The Last of Us: Remastered being called a remaster when it's really just a GOTY or Gold Edition?
As far as I'm aware of, it's basically The Last of US HD v.2. You know, with extra HD.

Because it wasn't impressive enough already on PS3.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I only ever hear Wal-Mart as the only supermarkets Americans talk about.

Do any other chains exist?
I now wonder why am I blessed.

Is Wal-Mart such an a tremendous eldritch horror? Last I heard, it was an American chain of supermarkets. We have those over here too.
Wal-Marts aren't just a supermarket!
They're an Everything Store!

You need clothes?
They have it!

You need a slab o' ribs?
They have it!

You need some chocolate milk to each down the ribs?
They have it!

You need some baby's clothes?
They have it!

Wish you had some protection so you weren't going to be a father who had to buy baby's clothes?
THEY HAVE IT!

I don't know why everyone hates it so much.
They are just Scrooges.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This supports my earlier theory that Walhart does indeed have Walmartian blood in him, which drives him to take over smaller, weaker nations.

But seriously, I legitimately think that someone at Nintendo of America decided to name this guy Walhart because of the hole conquest thing.

It CAN'T just be a coincidence.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Eh, Wal-Mart may be evil to its employees, but damn does it get the job done. Oreos, Beef jerky, screwdrivers, shoes, some underwear, ice cream, legos and some of my favorite Oatmeal Cream pies, and that was one solid shopping day.

D

Deleted member

So the martians will conquer us; the Wal-Martians!

*boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*

D

Deleted member

Or maybe it was because they couldn't show any Ike screens while they changed his fire color to blue. I just want to know if Ike can still wall jump.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Why this thread talk about Wall-Mart so suddenly?

Anyway, the nearest Wall-Mart where I live is at 4 hours of drive; only reason I buy digital since it's the same for a gamestop.

At least it's better than having to pre-order a game to receive it 5 days after release (was the case for pokemon black/white).

D

Deleted member

I probably should go to the ruins, but I need to beat this guy's quest. Literally, he'll starve to death if I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom