• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not trying, I stand firm on my beliefs when I say they are all terrible choices.

The only one of those that I would be "okay" with would be Spyro due to the success of the Skylanders franchise and whatnot.
You'd be okay with Spyro because of SKYLANDERS?

Ugh. There goes my dinner.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not trying, I stand firm on my beliefs when I say they are all terrible choices.

The only one of those that I would be "okay" with would be Spyro due to the success of the Skylanders franchise and whatnot.

EDIT: I'm not saying that there shouldn't be 3rd party characters. I'm all for it, but this just seems way to left-field and irrelevant (yes I said "irrelevant").
Skylanders Spyro?

**** that. There's only one Spyro

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather have Gill Grunt

Now HE'S an awesome skylander

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
You'd be okay with Spyro because of SKYLANDERS?

Ugh. There goes my dinner.
I've never played the game, I've played original Spyro games. But the Skylanders games have garnered a lot of recognition and yeah it might all be from 8 year olds but sure, it got it's own Wii U bundle at one point. Seems big enough to me. But in the end, I wouldn't want Spyro in there either.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
left-field and irrelevant

The 4 oldest video game characters of all time are in the same game together.

Mega Man is in this game despite not having a proper game in years.

And while not third-party, IKE came back.

"Relevancy" is bull****.

Edit: That was weird. It put in the wrong username. O_o

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

"Relevancy" is bull****.
When the hell did I say Left field and irrelevant?

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X

"Relevancy" is bull****.

Edit: That was weird. It put in the wrong username. O_o
Broke link in your spoiler btw

Four oldest video game characters of all time are in the same together and that is awesome and it's historic.

Mega Man is in the game despite not having a proper game in years but he is one of the most iconic video game characters ever created. He has recognition even among people who are not gamers. Just like Pac Man and Sonic.

Ike came back because people liked him as a character in both Fire Emblem and Smash Bros. Brawl. He wasn't a clone, he had an original fighting style that people like (including me, he was my second main).

As far as relevancy goes, you have your opinion and I have mine.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What's the talk about Ray-Man? Was he just leaked or something?
A Rayman trophy was featured as the PotD

Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So they just revealed a Rayman trophy. I like Rayman and all, but having him as a trophy seemed kinda unnecessary... Unless...

I am now more scared than excited about today's character announcement. Call me conservative, but I'm a little hesitant about the appearance of western third parties in Smash. Dr Wright as an AT should count though, right?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So they just revealed a Rayman trophy. I like Rayman and all, but having him as a trophy seemed kinda unnecessary... Unless...

I am now more scared than excited about today's character announcement. Call me conservative, but I'm a little hesitant about the appearance of western third parties in Smash. Dr Wright as an AT should count though, right?
Nintendo owns Dr. Wright

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Good lord, today is so weird.
Works cup final
One of my fav Youtubers, VitalyZDtv runs onto final World Cup match
EVO final
Mango victorious again
Freaking Rayman trophy
New character to be revealed soon
Sal leak updated
Wow today has been eventful

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Some people need to get out of the video game dark ages because accepting Western-style content "so long as long as it's interpreted through Japanese eyes" is not an acceptable design principle.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kind of weird that Rayman is a trophy. Seeing as he isn't owned by Nintendo. I don't know, maybe he's an assist, that'd be cool. Maybe since Ubisoft made the model themselves they wanted some kind of cross promotion for some up-coming Rayman thing.

*Sob* WHHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!! SAKURAI, WHHHHHHYYYYYYY-

*sniff* ...I'll take what I get... it looks g-great...
Sorry to see your hopes raised and then get crushed. It sucks when things like that happens. Maybe DLC or something.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I just watched Reggie's speech to the EVO smashers and this made me laugh more than it should.
I also laughed too much at the Robot Chicken Reggie behind him in the video.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nope. I will not believe what nonsense Sakurai is spouting about. This is a third party character who I've waited for for years.

There's still a chance. The newcomer reveal today can still reveal Ray-Man. Sakurai could just be leading us off, just like he has with customization & 3rd party limits.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Although he said he had to ask for the Model(and he is implying he had no model to work with beforehand), he isn't that clear whether he could be playable or not. Especially since we don't know when he asked for Ray Man's picture. And yes, he could've made his own model for playable anyway. Keeping this in mind, it does sound like he's no more than a Trophy, but gotta wait and see regardless. He has specified before when someone's not playable, so this one is definitely a mystery. Plus, DLC is possible, so...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Rayman is confirmed, I would be disappointed for a number of reasons

One being that if Rayman could work, Sukapon would have worked

D

Deleted member

About Rayman, I would remind you that Nintendo published Rayman Legends in Japan. It could be the explanation.

I'm expecting a Bayonetta trophy as well now.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If Rayman is confirmed, I would be disappointed for a number of reasons

One being that if Rayman could work, Sukapon would have worked
This was the first thing I thought of as well.

Hell I would've taken that weird playable Andross suggestion before all this incredibly convoluted effort for a really fancy trophy.

Ray-Man, Pac-Man, Mega-Man...

Man, that's a lot of Mans...
You forgot Jump Man.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
This was the first thing I thought of as well.

Hell I would've taken that weird playable Andross suggestion before all this incredibly convoluted effort for a really fancy trophy.

You forgot Jump Man.
Don't forget Jump & Shootman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom