• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
? I never implied you were complaining about the character choices, I didn't even say anything about character choices at all, nor did your post that I quoted talk about that at all. I was just addressing what you said about the lack of surprise/excitement there is when the roster is leaked beforehand, and how much it sucks and how to avoid it. And I certainly wasn't trying to accuse you of complaining too much.
Sure, but that's how I felt my post came off.
Sorry if there was confusion.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I can't help but imagine what would happen if Sal's tipper got it wrong this time.

Hong

The Strongest
For all the awesome performance the boys put on today at Evo, the best part of the day is Reggie Fils-Aime saying "No Johns".

I feel easily manipulated.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Monado actually being the "character" would be sick.
It would be like the Master Sword being the character, rather than Link, and that would equate to [nearly] every Link ever being selectable :p

Morbi

Scavenger
Killer Instinct is pretty hype.

Hope you're catching this @ Morbi Morbi .
Unfortunately, I over-slept, I was only able to catch: Melee, Mahvel, and Street Fighter. I am going to wait for the archive. It is really disappointing because I wanted to see it live. I heard CDJR won though, he was always one of my favorite MK players. So that is great news. I expected Justin Wong though, he has been taking majors fairly consistently. Glad I was w(r)ong. :dazwa:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Killer Instinct is pretty hype.

Hope you're catching this @ Morbi Morbi .
Is Killer Instinct any good?

For a while I heard good things about it but recently I've been hearing from more fighting game communities it sucks/ is a joke

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Monado actually being the "character" would be sick.
It would be like the Master Sword being the character, rather than Link, and that would equate to [nearly] every Link ever being selectable :p
Would we also get Toon Master Sword?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Monado? Please.

I still wanna main this baby. It's all about the Banado.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Well, time to sleep... at least in theory, dunno if I'll be able to with all this hype. *falls asleep instantly*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd rather someone other than Shulk shows up, but only to increase hype. Having everything revealed really kills hype and is pointless. It ruins the surprise and is no fun for speculators.

The first leak was fine and all, and so were the second and third part.(character dlc is an amazing thing to know about) However, ruining every surprise stops making it interesting entirely. It's hard to enjoy a game/movie/book when everything is spoiled beforehand. And not by the creator in a slow portion. Sal's leaker should just let Sakurai reveal things without any interference now.

Morbi

Scavenger

For a while I heard good things about it but recently I've been hearing from more fighting game communities it sucks/ is a joke
Killer Instinct is one of the most hype and easy to watch fighting games, from a spectator perspective, it is a great game. Most of the players are not from any given community. SF players play it, MK/Injustice players play it, and of course there are KI specific players. I honestly believe that the combo-breaker system gives it one of the most deep meta-games myself.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Furthermore, if the Monado was the character, than we can have a 4th iteration of Mii's selectable.
Those hitler moustaches and Jesus beards obviously have much more character depth while wielding the Monado than Shulk.

"Jesus is back, this time Judas won't get in his way with the power of the Monado!"

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I don't play it, but I host regular stuff for it.

From a fighter stand point, it's an amazingly well-crafted game. A lot of the people who hate it just hate it because they don't want to have to buy an xbone. It's not without its faults, but IMO it's one of the best on the market. Then again, I am always biased towards a smaller cast given greater love and a combat system more refined.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I fail to see how this is a bad thing. ¦D
It's definitely a bad thing. Speculation is one of the most fun thing players can have. The surprise element is one of the key things to gathering hype when it comes to games. If everything is revealed super early, things go from "Sweet!" to a resounding "Meh" at best. I was quite hyped for the character announcement, then Sal's leaker had to open his big mouth and ruin the entire thing. The people who tweeted it were just as annoying too. Let people have their hype, since that actually makes the game more enjoyable and worth buying in the end. Cause as of right now, gameplay sure as hell isn't making me interested. Not like I could actually even play the early versions. I like in a horrible area nowhere near close to one of the places SSB4 was demo'd at. As I don't drive, that's even less of a window to play the game. Most of the new roster is very uninteresting to me so far. Villager, Mii Fighters, MegaMan, and Little Mac are it. I could care less about the rest overall. Yay for more heroes. Whoopie. *rolls eyes* Rosalina may have an interesting moveset, but she's not an interesting overall choice. Someone like Toad(who should've been playable quite a while ago, the last of the main heroes), Waluigi(who is interesting on his own), Bowser Jr.(a much needed villain), or even Paper Mario(to show off the rpg's) would've been far more sweet. I see lots of Bandai-Namco characters who could bring more than Pac-Man could. Two-sword fighting with Lloyd is just one example. Palutena is just another boring hero that doesn't bring much to the table. Medusa would've been a much-needed villain in the sea of overusage of heroes. Greninja I don't have any issues with, though. I don't care about him, however. Wii Fit Trainer is the same way, neutral.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X

Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!

Is this a hint that the new character reveal today is Rayman? I sure hope not.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Speculation is one of the most fun thing players can have.
Yeeeeah, sorry. I seriously don't agree with you there. I think Smash speculation tends to get rather dumb and ridiculous. XD

If it's gonna get revealed eventually anyway, the sooner the better. That's just how I see it.

Then again, I'm the kinda guy who's reaction to a surprise hug in a dark room is to throw you on the ground and stomp on your face, so that shows how I react to sudden surprises. ¦D

Edit: HOLY **** RAYMAN! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Haha~! Hypocrisy~! =D

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Speculation doesn't have much truck with me. Speculation is probably No. 6 on the list of "Things I don't do while playing Super Smash Bros."

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!

Is this a hint that the new character reveal today is Rayman? I sure hope not.
Rayman is lucky he gets a trophy

He's a traitor

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey, a third party trophy from a series not shown in Smash so far. Unsurprised. I thought this type of thing would happen anyway.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I swear to God, what if the reveal tomorrow isn't Shulk OR Rayman but instead...

Not even Sakurai is that evil, right?

....Right? ;~;

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wait, huh? I thought I posted that in the Miiverse thread! D:

Ugh, this forum sometimes... -~-

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How is he a traitor? Anyways, I don't want him to be in the game further than a trophy so I hope you are right.
Ubisoft being in full support of the wii u when it first came out, with Rayman origins, a wii u exclusive leading the charge

and now Ubisoft refuses to make games for the wii u at all

Rayman symbolizes the shift with it's game switching from being an exclusive

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Ubisoft being in full support of the wii u when it first came out, with Rayman origins, a wii u exclusive leading the charge

Oh, I see. Yeah, he is a terrible choice imo anyways. I would hate to have Rayman in there. Otherwise let's just throw Spiro, Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and Sly Cooper in there.

EDIT: Frogger anyone? lol

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Uh...no. I think that's just your strange thought pattern at work. That's not the fault of the character Rayman at all.

Don't blame a fictional character for the faults of a company run by actual people. Seriously, are you insane?

Ah, "PsychoIncarnate". I get it now. It's not just a name, it's a way of life. ¦D

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
(changes avi)

I HAVE EMBRACED MY REALITY

But that aside:

Rayman trophy.

Sakurai stopped making sense long ago. But now all of the sudden he somehow is making even less sense.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Otherwise let's just throw Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and Sly Cooper in there.
You're trying really hard to act like any of those choices would be a bad thing. It's hilarious.

I'd fully support that entire list, along with Rayman.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You're trying really hard to act like any of those choices would be a bad thing. It's hilarious.

PSASBR vs SSB?

That would be the game of the millenium.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X

Not trying, I stand firm on my beliefs when I say they are all terrible choices.

The only one of those that I would be "okay" with would be Spyro due to the success of the Skylanders franchise and whatnot.

EDIT: I'm not saying that there shouldn't be 3rd party characters. I'm all for it, but this just seems way to left-field and irrelevant (yes I said "irrelevant").

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I never seriously supported Rayman because I didn't think he had a real chance....

BUT HOLY MOTHER OF GOD RAYMAAAAAAAAANNN!!!
He's my second most wanted character ever, behind Banjo, and the series is my second favorite.

My mind has exploded. Someone needs to start one of those DLC campaigns for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom