• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have a feeling a fighter isn't going to be the only thing revealed.

In other words, there will be several unspoken reveals in the trailer, I think.

I hope so, anyway.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd main him.
Serious? I mean he's a C Tier character with weak combo potential, terrible Victory Burst, and a headbutt that's barely spammable.
But what ever floats your boat. Holy ****, you just gave me an idea!

Taro Yamada for Smash as the last newcomer for more tears and salt. :troll:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Serious? I mean he's a C Tier character with weak combo potential, terrible Victory Burst, and a headbutt that's barely spammable.

I meant I would main him if he was in Smash.

I never knew about this character until you pointed him out in that post, and now I want him to be revealed monday.
I don't care about his origins. He could be 5th party for all I care.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well, to be fair, that is an appeal for some. It's like why some people main Brawn Ganon or Melee Pichu. It gives a decent challenge.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I meant I would main him if he was in Smash.

I never knew about this character until you pointed him out in that post, and now I want him to be revealed monday.
I don't care about his origins. He could be 5th party for all I care.
If Miis were allowed online, I would definitely troll people with a Mii of him + Brawler Moveset. Taro is the Tingle of J-Stars, a hilarious character that had to be hated for the most silly reasons and who's haters lack a sense of humor. Watch him kill the them all in their sleep and poop on their graves as punishment (which actually happened alot in his manga). :troll:

Well, to be fair, that is an appeal for some. It's like why some people main Brawn Ganon or Melee Pichu. It gives a decent challenge.
True, since I do main Falcondorf in Brawl myself and I'm equally matched with TK's Bowser when we fight online.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I got another e-mail tonight.
Its contents:
enjoy my good friend shulk!
That is all.
This happened. *sigh*
I don't like predictability as much as I like otherwise.
But okay, cool. Sal's source says shulk's tomorrow. Thing is, everyone also think he is. The leak has an extremely good track record though, so it's believable that Shulk will, in fact, be revealed tomorrow.

However, one alternate outcome is that someone else is revealed tomorrow and his source turns out to be a good guesser.

Eh. I don't care anymore. I read through Sal's old posts and don't really mind the leak at all (never did), and it also included DLC which is something neat, so whatever.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The day Ridley is DLC will be the day that Smashboards will crash and burn like any other forums sites. *cough* *cough* SSF2 Expansion Forums *cough*

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Enjoy my good friend shulk.
Oh? The source is friends with Shulk? So thats how he did it. :p

...But if this turns out to be true then this could change stuff quite a bit. Originally, we could've said he had outdated information. But then now how does he know of the trailer thats coming next?

This could actually be bad news for the people who were expecting more then the originally leaked characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

...But if this turns out to be true then this could change stuff quite a bit. Originally, we could've said he had outdated information. But then now how does he know of the trailer thats coming next?

This could actually be bad news for the people who were expecting more then the originally leaked characters.
Correct. I never doubted the leak before (I never cared enough to have an opinion on it). I usually just preferred it not to be true because it would make me giggle.

However, tomorrow, either my opinion doesn't change, or I completely think it's false.

Why?
-It wouldn't change: Do you know just how many people genuinely believed Shulk's video is tomorrow, anyway? That's not even a "lucky" guess, that's something everyone else already came up with.

or

-I would completely think it's false: In the case that tomorrow's video is not Shulk, there is no reason for me to think his source is credible and has had anything more than incredible lucky guesses.

Either way, I just wish I didn't read his post.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This happened. *sigh*
I don't like predictability as much as I like otherwise.
But okay, cool. Sal's source says shulk's tomorrow. Thing is, everyone also think he is. The leak has an extremely good track record though, so it's believable that Shulk will, in fact, be revealed tomorrow.

However, one alternate outcome is that someone else is revealed tomorrow and his source turns out to be a good guesser.

Eh. I don't care anymore. I read through Sal's old posts and don't really mind the leak at all (never did), and it also included DLC which is something neat, so whatever.
Well, it's at least nice to know I can sleep in without caring who gets in.
Besides, it'll save me from the wave of incoming fanboys screaming "I TOLD YOU SO!!!1!!".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My stance is: cool. New character. No surprise factor, but new character nonetheless.
This is from one of his other posts a while ago around the start of E3:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy
So if this is in fact true, the DLC is a thing that will happen. So eh, neat.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you are referring to the fact I forgot Sal leaked DLC, then yeah I forgot. :p

I meant as in pre-DLC, since there are people who believe there won't be any newcomers in DLC.
Close enough. I was joking about the fact that Nintendo will have to expand the roster with fan favorites like how a certain dying company would do things. Though the question at hand is whether the fans will accept this in a positive manner or react negatively like what happened with the removal of Story Mode.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll admit, I'm a bit disappointed. Because I did hope just once that I could be surprised for something. And that stopped it dead in it's tracks.

Edit: And sure. I understand that I've said many times I don't care about who gets in. But that wasn't the point here, the point was surprise. I was kinda hoping to see for myself who it was. To have something to look forward too.

It's like when there's a new mystery movie coming out that you're excited for. And someone you know spoils who the killer is. Sure, you'll probably still watch it. But you just don't care as much unlike when there was still a mystery.

Last edited:

Aether9000

Smash Cadet
My friend is running down the street in his TMNT boxers if Mewtwo gets confirmed tomorrow. Share this with as many people as you can. He will be a legend if Mewtwo gets confirmed.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I really doubt Mewtwo will be revealed tomorrow, and I think it's highly likely it's a newcomer. However, if Mewtwo actually is revealed tomorrow, I'm sure he will have fun running around in those.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'll admit, I'm a bit disappointed. Because I did hope just once that I could be surprised for something. And that stopped it dead in it's tracks.

Edit: And sure. I understand that I've said many times I don't care about who gets in. But that wasn't the point here, the point was surprise. I was kinda hoping to see for myself who it was. To have something to look forward too.

It's like when there's a new mystery movie coming out that you're excited for. And someone you know spoils who the killer is. Sure, you'll probably still watch it. But you just don't care as much unlike when there was still a mystery.
If you really do want to be surprised with a Smash game, you need to stay away from any sort of Smash related forum. It's basically a trade off. You want to talk about the upcoming game with people on Smashboards? Then you're going to have to deal with the roster being spoiled for you before the game came out, that's certainly the thoughts I had going in when I decided to frequent Smashboards pre-game again. If you stay away from Smashboards/gamefaqs and the like, it's a lot easier than you would think to avoid spoilers (unless your friends are *****). It sucks that that's the way it is but it is.

Of course it would be best if no one leaked the roster but someone always does and there's really nothing you can do to stop them.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If you really do want to be surprised with a Smash game, you need to stay away from any sort of Smash related forum. It's basically a trade off. You want to talk about the upcoming game with people on Smashboards? Then you're going to have to deal with the roster being spoiled for you before the game came out, that's certainly the thoughts I had going in when I decided to frequent Smashboards pre-game again. If you stay away from Smashboards/gamefaqs and the like, it's a lot easier than you would think to avoid spoilers (unless your friends are ****s). It sucks that that's the way it is but it is.

Of course it would be best if no one leaked the roster but someone always does and there's really nothing you can do to stop them.
Look, I'll be honest. It's not the character I care about. If anything, I'm indifferent to Shulk. It's more the surprise that got to me. Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch it. Maybe not on the livestream, but I'll still see it. And even if I'm a bit salty (and yes I'm fully aware of the irony), it's still Smash 4. I still want to see the game and how far it's gotten. I just hoped to be a bit more excited for something than really I've been.

Then again, I have stated that "I don't care about who gets in". So why am I complaining?

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Look, I'll be honest. It's not the character I care about. If anything, I'm indifferent to Shulk. Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch it. Maybe not on the livestream, but I'll still see it. And even if I'm a bit salty (and yes I'm fully aware of the irony), it's still Smash 4. I still want to see the game and how far it's gotten. I just hoped to be a bit more excited for something than really I've been.

Then again, I have stated that "I don't care about who gets in". So why am I complaining?
? I never implied you were complaining about the character choices, I didn't even say anything about character choices at all, nor did your post that I quoted talk about that at all. I was just addressing what you said about the lack of surprise/excitement there is when the roster is leaked beforehand, and how much it sucks and how to avoid it. And I certainly wasn't trying to accuse you of complaining too much.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The term used is "New Challenger". Unless it was translated rather poorly, I highly doubt it's a veteran. Thus, no Mewtwo. Other than the 3 characters from the Gematasu leak, Ridley is another teased person by Sakurai. I think it'll be one of those 4.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My friend is running down the street in his TMNT boxers if Mewtwo gets confirmed tomorrow. Share this with as many people as you can. He will be a legend if Mewtwo gets confirmed.

*snrk*

How about your friend changes his boxers to that of...

(Nah, I shouldn't encourage him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom