• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, the official language of England is English.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Though the borrow words are pretty ugly and they're kinda awful at teaching it. 14 years just for cultural reasons is a bit much imo.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All this time I thought 'Irish' was an accent.
I've been to Ireland before and Irish is a language quite different from English. Of course, there ought to be an Irish dialect of English.

Does this game, perhaps, want to sell me Pepsi?

There is a 99.8% chance the game is trying to make people consume products of the Pepsi brand.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I've been to Ireland before and Irish is a language quite different from English. Of course, there ought to be an Irish dialect of English.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiberno-English

There is. Ever heard of a "press" before?

And as for dialects of the actual language, it's a bit all over the place. In some places a "dh" makes a "y" sound, but in other places it's not pronounced at all. An "s" might make a "sh" sound in one place, in another it'll sound just like it does in English. It's kinda confusing really.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So, I just realized waking up this morning that I actually got blocked by Warchamp on Twitter.
Well then.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
23 hours until the suspenseful reveal.

Anyways,who here has played the amazing fighting game that is Dong Dong Never Die?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
This is the last post i'm posting before i'm going on vacation.
Man... I have such a bad feeling about the flight....than again I also had a bad feeling about the dentist but somehow I survived that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In the meantime, aren't most speculating that Nintendo are announcing something at EVO today? Is that just something I should ignore, or is there genuinely solid reason to believe it?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I got it for roughly the same price, but with the box and manual too. I think the most expensive Gamecube game(s) are Zelda Master Quest, Four Swords Adventures (because of how much money you have to pay to actually play it) and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

And if Shulk is going to be revealed with anyone, it must be Lucas (because Japan only) or R.O.B.
I think the most expensive is probably Collector's Edition (which I'm still hoping they might release for Wii U, although Majora's Mask 3D or Majora on UVC would be good enough)

D

Deleted member

I think the most expensive is probably Collector's Edition (which I'm still hoping they might release for Wii U, although Majora's Mask 3D or Majora on UVC would be good enough)
Yeah, basically every Zelda compilation is ridiculously expensive.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
In the meantime, aren't most speculating that Nintendo are announcing something at EVO today? Is that just something I should ignore, or is there genuinely solid reason to believe it?
I can't see them doing it personaly since were getting a new character like 12 hours after the event unless it is not about smash 4 i have hered people think Nintendo will realse a HD mellee but i can't see that.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo knows about the competitive scene. Wouldn't making an HD remake of Melee just end up decreasing profits for Smash 4? I could see them maybe doing a VC release eventually, but I don't think they'd do a remake. I highly doubt Nintendo will announce anything at EVO either way. Except for Mario Kart. I got a few Mario Kart ads when I was watching pools

Last edited by a moderator:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Nintendo knows about the competitive scene. Wouldn't making an HD remake of Melee just end up decreasing profits for Smash 4? I could see them maybe doing a VC release eventually, but I don't think they'd do a remake. I highly doubt Nintendo will announce anything at EVO either way. Except for Mario Kart. I got a few Mario Kart ads when I was watching pools
That i think it would decreace sales it wa just a something i read on the smash syb reddit with people thinking Nintendo was going to make a HD Melee i could see them doing it on VC if they ever get to gamecube.

D

Deleted member

That i think it would decreace sales it wa just a something i read on the smash syb reddit with people thinking Nintendo was going to make a HD Melee i could see them doing it on VC if they ever get to gamecube.
>Reddit

Seems like a legit news source

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I had a dream that Shulk was revealed on Monday and he had air dashes that he could act out of and had the same nair as Ike. He seemed pretty good and I would've mained him.

I'm still really excited for Dixie Kongs reveal on Monday. :p

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
If they were going to do something like a Melee HD, this wouldn't be the time to do it while there in the middle of preparing to release a new title in the series. What's the point of competing with itself after all. I could see if they decide to doing it in the distant future if they want to continue to heavily support the Melee scene like the did at EVO, though I see it more likely that they're going to want to push Smash 4 forward as much as possible.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't see them doing it personaly since were getting a new character like 12 hours after the event unless it is not about smash 4 i have hered people think Nintendo will realse a HD mellee but i can't see that.
I didn't mean a new character, I just mean...something.

I mean, Nintendo come forward as a sponsor at the last minute, their role as a sponsorship is totally unclear (they clearly didn't offer setups or anything, as a call for setup donations was made at the last minute), and there is an "Announcements & Awards" segment right after the Melee finals.

I feel like they will announce SOMETHING related to Smash. I don't think it will be a new character. I don't even necessarily think it will be directly related to Smash 4's various components as a game (modes, stages, etc). But I feel like they have to be announcing something. Maybe an official Melee tournament, even?

I'm not getting my hopes up too high (although a Melee tournament would be amazing historically, it wouldn't really effect me, even though I would probably watch it). But I feel they have to announce SOMETHING, however small. Even if it's just some limited edition of Smash 4, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom