• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the topic of the new character reveal - I went back and checked, and it seems Palutena's trailer was 3:01 long. Rosalina's was close to that, and Greninja's was about two minutes and a half.

So expect a trailer with a similar sense of scale, hype and mind games.

This makes me think it could only be a character from an already established franchise.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm going to jump the gun and expect the Chorus Kids on Monday, haha, just to be different. A sudden, random reveal like this fits a random character like them. Three minutes is long enough to show their quirky attributes and whatnot.

Honestly though, it could be anyone.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If Palutena, Rosalina, and Greninja are anything to go by (seeing as they have a similar length trailer), then this trailer is going to be highly cinematic, so I'm expecting a hype worthy character rather than a quirky random one in the vein of Wii Fit Trainer.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Nearing the bottom of the stash :(

So upsetting.

Just a random thought... it seems weird that if the Gematsu leak is true, there'd only be 2 secret newcomers. If one is shown in a few days and one a few weeks before release, it leaves us with one. I know Brawl was similar with it's 4 secret newcomers, but 2 seems so low.

I know it probably means nothing - different game different rules, but it's still odd.

I wonder if Sal's source worked on the trailers. Maybe secret newcomers don't get one.

It's a stretch, I know.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
When we thought E3 hype has faded
Sakurai drops us with another character :3

I really think that there will be a veteran reveal in there considering the duration
It will be shown 10pm here...not too bad I guess

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

The speculation returns~

I am going to make a wild guess of who will be revealed. Not really gonna back it up or anything (to keep the peace), but I'm gonna guess either Mewtwo or Ridley. I have reasons to believe one of these two will be revealed Monday.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He said that they are at the bottom of the stash of Newcomer videos, not Newcomers. There's a difference.

And let's not bring the Sal Romano leak into this as if it definitely has something to do with it.

I really think that there will be a veteran reveal in there considering the duration
Palutena's trailer was the same length and there was no veteran reveal to come with her.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well I know what I'll be doing at 10 am EST on Monday! And thank goodness I'll be home from work at 9 am so I won't miss it.

HYPE GET!!!

D

Deleted member

I don't want to think about who it could be and risk being wrong. I'll just get ready for EVO and drink some Morning Rescue.

Disclaimer, I don't own any Morning Rescue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nearing the bottom of the stash? Damn you, Sakurai!

But is some of you are pessimistic about secret newcomers not having a trailer, then it will be wierd if they didn't have one.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I hope the "bottom of the stash" is merely exaggerated because there is quite an amount of newcomers of I love to see.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i wish i could SUPER hyped for monday's reveal but truth-be-told im not really i have a strong gut feeling that its gonna be either Chrom, Shulk, or a Rythem Heaven character....although it would be AWESOME to see Shulk...not gonna lie. still hoping on the off chance that its a newcomer Sal didnt mention

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Is there really anything wrong with any of the Gematsu characters in the long run? Maybe besides rendering anticipation for other characters and imagination less. I suppose there's always potential for surprise newcomers like Rosalina.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is there really anything wrong with any of the Gematsu characters in the long run? Maybe besides rendering anticipation for other characters and imagination less. I suppose there's always potential for surprise newcomers like Rosalina.
The worst part is that Sal's topic in this forum is locked and dead. Meaning, we might not her from him or his tipper in a while. :(

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
See while I do REALLY just want Shulk confirmed, I'm kind of hoping for a surprise character too. Just something that hasn't been mentioned or talked about yet, Gematsu leak or otherwise. With that new Pokemon movie coming out soon, maybe Diancie/Mega Diancie is joining the battle... which would be kinda cool in that it would spark so many tears.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Everybody's gettin hyped. It's showing off in the morning for me, so I better pretend Sunday night is a school night. I'll be ready to rock after the stream

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Now I may be alone in this (and I am), but I just want it to be some oddball character no one expected (preferably Snack, Ivysaur or Squirtle). Because it's fun to mess with expectations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's hoping for Shulk!

Also, where's EVO poverty chat :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Now I may be alone in this (and I am), but I just want it to be some oddball character no one expected. Because it's fun to mess with expectations.
If it was a normal person making this game i would say a big hype character but its Sakurai so who knows who he can pull from left filed.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Goddammit, now I'm hyped for Ridley after all that time I spent telling myself he'd never happen. I'm worried I'm setting myself up for disappointment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom