• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I stayed up longer than intended to watch One Piece. I can't believe I have less than 100 episodes left before I catch up.

What am I doing with my life

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't remember what I wore in the late 80's but I need to find out what children wore then for a project I'm working on.

Looking up fashion doesn't help because I doubt EVERYONE wore things that were THAT extravagant.

When the examples are of Sylvester Stallone, Madonna, and Princess Diana...I'm not sure that's accurate for the general populous

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Fifi is hands down the best character in the Shrek franchise.

Oh.. and I can't watch Madagascar without thinking Melman's voice actor is Ross Gellar.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'm trying to figure out if touch can be categorized like smell and taste, but unfortunately every word I can think to look for touch comes up with radically different results then I'm looking for

I thought maybe categorizing different textures, but when you look up texture all you can find is stuff on 3D modeling
There's an old "standardized" set of types of "feeling" which I believe has about 6 to 8 types depending on you ask that scientists who study such things tend to use but that there has never been any true scientific consensus on (just as I'm sure there hasn't been for your list of smell types, because scientists can never agree on anything, EXPECIALY categorization). One was definitely nociception, one was gain of heat and I think another was loss of heat, and the other ones I just don't remember.

Another thing people do is categorize touch sensations by nerve ending. There's very specialized nerve endings that correspond to different sensations, i.e. some sort of corpuscle (capsinian or something I think I don't remember) that specifically detects oscillating vibrations, nerve endings that specifically detect vertical or horizontal movement across the skin, nerves that detect gain of heat, nerves that detect loss of heat, nervures that detect sustained pressure, nerves that detect sharp points ect.ect.. So some people used those to categorize the different "types" of touch.

I've never seen a schemata that was heavily texture based though.

As you can probably tell, I only have vague recollection of any of this since it's been a while since I took Sensory Physiology and it never was a subject that really held my interest.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I don't remember what I wore in the late 80's but I need to find out what children wore then for a project I'm working on.

Looking up fashion doesn't help because I doubt EVERYONE wore things that were THAT extravagant.

When the examples are of Sylvester Stallone, Madonna, and Princess Diana...I'm not sure that's accurate for the general populous
Watch 80s movies, tv shows, news broadcastings...

How old are you?

D

Deleted member

People disappointed the Pic isn't a character.

And I'm just bust disappointed Pac-man can't summon Dig Dug.

To be fair, it's a cool taunt, but it seems that while the mystery surrounding Pac-man's attacks is removed through pic of the days, my interest in playing the guy also slightly decreases. Depending on how he is, I might still play him, but I'll probably want to try out others first at this point, especially because he'll probably be hidden.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So that Japanese only 3rd party direct is in like 15 minutes right?
Hint: In terms of Smash information; it's entirely pointless.

Why does the stupid looking glow on the PM Roy icon look so terrible? It's okay-ish for the rest of them...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pac-Man looks ok but there's really not anything special or cool about him. He just looks kinda normal-ish. The only noteworthy newcomer is Palutena.

D

Deleted member

Pac-Man looks ok but there's really not anything special or cool about him. He just looks kinda normal-ish. The only noteworthy newcomer revealed at E3 is Palutena.
Fixed.
:rosalina: and to a lesser extent :4megaman:
At least Pac-man is more interesting than Sonic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Fixed.
:rosalina: and to a lesser extent :4megaman:
I knew someone would do this. At least you didn't change the character.

I still think Palutena is the best newcomer though.

After that then it's Greninja. but even that gap is going from a 10/10 to a 7/10.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Hint: In terms of Smash information; it's entirely pointless.

Why does the stupid looking glow on the PM Roy icon look so terrible? It's okay-ish for the rest of them...
I'm definitely not expecting anything Smash. But this is the thread where we talk about non-smash stuff after all.

D

Deleted member

I knew someone would do this. At least you didn't change the character.

I still think Palutena is the best newcomer though.

After that then it's Greninja. but even that gap is going from a 10/10 to a 7/10.
I'm just pointing out that Rosalina is quite noteworthy for her playstyle, which is a first for the Smash series. Ice Climbers do not work the same way. Mega Man is also fairly notable for how he plays, as there hasn't been a projectile-reliant character to his extent before. I've never had an issue with "normal" characters though. Just make some of their moves visually interesting, and they're fine. Giving every character a "gimmick" would be pretty ridiculous IMO.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm just pointing out that Rosalina is quite noteworthy for her playstyle, which is a first for the Smash series. Ice Climbers do not work the same way. Mega Man is also fairly notable for how he plays, as there hasn't been a projectile-reliant character to his extent before. I've never had an issue with "normal" characters though. Just make some of their moves visually interesting, and they're fine. Giving every character a "gimmick" would be pretty ridiculous IMO.
Yea you're right. But in terms of me caring about the character at all Palutena wins. Before E3 2013 she was the only new character I could see them adding(and Dixie Kong).

I keep feeling like they're running out of characters to add. I guess not since they'll just make new ones to put in.:4wiifit::4mii::rosalina::4greninja:

(I forgot that I like Wii Fit trainer more than Greninja Wii Fit is like an 8)

None of these characters should have been in smash imo. Regardless of popularity and game sales. They were all too new or "casual game" characters or stupid or unimportant. I'm fine with them now that they're in but thats what I thought before they were revealed. I would have rather seen Dixie Kong, Isaac and Mona. I try to keep my wish list of characters small to avoid disappointment. Those 3 I listed probably won't be in but thats ok since my most wanted character got in. Even if she didn't its no big deal.

D

Deleted member

So, before the release of SSB4, and in order to prove all my devotion to the series, I decided to play at least one game from each veteran series (that means, excluding the ones of the newcomers) present in the first 3 Smash Bros.

So far, I played to:

- Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, Yoshi, Pokemon, Pikmin. No comment.

- Star Fox with Lylat Wars and Adventures.

- F-Zero with X on N64.

- Fire Emblem with Awakening.

- Kid Icarus with Uprising.

(I leave aside retro games like Ice Climber and the R.O.B. games)

Remains me Mother, which I'm going to play with EarthBound I've recently acquired on the Wii U eShop.

Also remain me Kirby and Wario, although I played Air Ride and World in the respective order.
Besides, do you think these 2 games are sufficient as discoveries for these 2 series, or should I rather play some of the platformers?

D

Deleted member

Oh look; I've made over 1,500 posts. Now's as good a time as any to celebrate!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
And the direct was pretty mundane as I should have (and mostly did) expected. Final Fantasy, Tales of, Dragon quest, a new I.P. that I've already forgotten the name of (Kinki no something I think. Actually that one looked pretty interesting to me), some game they showed only for a couple of seconds of with a pair of bancho type schoolboys staring dagers at each other complete with energy beam like effects between their heads, and Monster Hunter. I fell like a lot of it probably rehashed from E3 but I don't know 'cause I didn't watch E3.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And the direct was pretty mundane as I should have (and mostly did) expected. Final Fantasy, Tales of, Dragon quest, a new I.P. that I've already forgotten the name of (Kinki no something I think. Actually that one looked pretty interesting to me), some game they showed only for a couple of seconds of with a pair of bancho type schoolboys staring dagers at each other complete with energy beam like effects between their heads, and Monster Hunter. I fell like a lot of it probably rehashed from E3 but I don't know 'cause I didn't watch E3.
Only Monster Hunter was at E3

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Also remain me Kirby and Wario, although I played Air Ride and World in the respective order.
Besides, do you think these 2 games are sufficient as discoveries for these 2 series, or should I rather play some of the platformers?
Depends on what you mean by "discoveries" I suppose. Air Ride is certainly a completely different experience from the "Mainline" Kirby games so I guess if you want the "real Kirby experience" you should play one of the platformers (though Air Ride is certainly a good game in it's own right). Not sure about Wario World since I've never played it (played the Land games and the Ware games, but not World), but from a quick youtube check it doesn't seem too different from the Land games..

Also damn that ROB! I would have played every series in Smash Bros. if it weren't for him and his meddling giant controller appliance!

Only Monster Hunter was at E3
Really? Thought I heard people talking about Final Fantasy Explorer being there? Well that's cool that it had new stuff in it then. Just not much that caught my interest besides the new I.P.. And maybe FF Explorers.

Oh well that's certainly noteworthy.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
New character for monday. I'll be working at that time..... (its nice to finally be able to say that.... but at what cost???!?!?!)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
New character for monday. I'll be working at that time..... (its nice to finally be able to say that.... but at what cost???!?!?!)
Same here, I'll miss the reveal, however any speculation guys?
I think, coinciding with the Earthbound anniversary a couple of days back, it bette...probably will be Ness.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Whoever it is, I hope it's a 'double reveal' like the Charizard/Greninja trailer. Three minutes is a long time for one character.

Imagine a trailer that starts with, say, Chorus Men...

Then Mewtwo Returns.

Isaac. Chrom. Shulk. K. Rool. Dixie.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well the trailer is obviously going to be for a newcomer, since they said "new character". However, that 3-minute length could mean a veteran or two could be revealed too.

At least it's on at a decent time for me.

As for who it is, I have no idea. The only character left on my personal, realistic wishlist for newcomers is Professor Layton. And I don't see any particular reason why he would be revealed on 14th of July. And I can't see why any other character would be revealed on that date specifically.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Who could be revealed?
I JUST OH MAN SO HYPE
I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS BEFORE ANOTHER VETERAN BTW
I JUST AAHHHHHHHHHH
:happysheep:
Even if it's something from Gematsu, if it's Shulk or Chrom (Yes I don't hate Chrom) I'll be happy.
I'll probably melt into a pile of liquid happiness if it's K. Rool or Ridley though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom