• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm using my P:M spot to make my previous main/mains an invincible version of themselves.

D

Deleted member

I have a good bit of fun with my small group of smashers I have at Job Corps.

We tend to rotate games, 64, Melee, Brawl and PM. Just to help me prep for Apex too haha
You have a group of Smashers? That's cute. I have 41 CPUs best friends able to help me with my training. A HA HA HA HA!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Has anyone heard M2K's complaints about P:M? Its actually pretty interesting to hear.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Why would I want to listen to anyone complain? Positives FTW.
Well I mean its things that I never noticed before. Stuff about why PMBR makes characters a certain way and match up stuff. He keeps saying that Link and Pit are the best which I think no one has seen a really good Link.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
HTML is pretty much witchcraft so you'd have to be an evil wizard of greater or equal value to overcome it.
I'm a practitioner of the dark arts, but I'm more Chaotic Neutral than Evil.

I suppose that means that at best, I can perform half-truths and lies of omission on the Internet.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
ll I mean its things that I never noticed before. Stuff about why PMBR makes characters a certain way and match up stuff. He keeps saying that Link and Pit are the best which I think no one has seen a really good Link.
There is a void to fill then :p.

Time for me to fill it! (I wish.. I'm getting into competitive but I won't be that good for a long while.. Apex will be my first big thing..)

D

Deleted member

Oh. My. God.

I'm getting a new PC, so I was advised to take save all files I wanted to save. I came across 1 freaking file, that just sent me a swarm of bad memories.

THIS ****ING THING:

I thought I had purged it, and all similar/updated versions of the animation from existence completely, but nooooo.

THE MEMORIES...
THE MEMORIES...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh. My. God.

I'm getting a new PC, so I was advised to take save all files I wanted to save. I came across 1 freaking file, that just sent me a swarm of bad memories.

THIS ****ING THING:

I thought I had purged it, and all similar/updated versions of the animation from existence completely, but nooooo.

Your old computer wouldn't happen to be an ASUS, would it? I've been getting adware programs on mine for months now.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Replace MiscData90 in sc_selcharacter.pac to use on the CSS.
Replace MiscData40 in sc_selmap.pac to use on the SSS.
Replace MiscData120 in STGRESULT.pac to use on the results screen.
Can anyone tell me where to find these files in the PM folders? I'm trying to replace the stock icons(with this http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35847), but I can't seem to find any of these things.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I have not. Care to share?

He starts talking about P:M at about 23 minutes.

The connection breaks up but he keeps talking about it for a while.

Its pretty interesting imo. Not exactly complaints but more so interesting tidbits about P:M. Like "broken game play trivia" I guess is the best way to put it.

D

Deleted member

Your old computer wouldn't happen to be an ASUS, would it? I've been getting adware programs on mine for months now.
No. It's an LG with a really crappy processor that causes the thing to either randomly freeze, or makes you restart the computer at least 3 times to get it to work.

Can anyone tell me where to find these files in the PM folders? I'm trying to replace the stock icons(with this http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35847), but I can't seem to find any of these things.
You're using my stocks?!?! I'm touched. Please tell me if the pack has the updated DK stocks. I'm not sure I added those

*clears throat*
The files you are looking for are:
common5.pac (which is in the system folder)
STGRESULT.pac (which is in the stage folder)

common5.pac contains both sc_selcharacter.pac and sc_selmap.pac. Replacing the stocks in sc_selmap.pac is NOT needed if you're using Project M, as the idiots developers removed the stock icons from the stage select screen.

Just make sure you downloaded the PM version of the stock icons, as I'm unsure if the game will crash if stocks for the clones/costumes are missing. The vBrawl versions do not have said icons.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
....Damn. Those are files that I can't seem to open for some reason, windows doesn't seem to let me.

Guess I won't be able to use them. Bah.

D

Deleted member

....Damn. Those are files that I can't seem to open for some reason, windows doesn't seem to let me.

Guess I won't be able to use them. Bah.
Do you have BrawlBox? BrawlBox is required for all things file replacement.

D

Deleted member

Umm, it won't mess with SJS' custom CSS and the like will it?

If it won't, I would totally appreciate it.
It won't if I add them to the SJS CSS file. The Results Screen will be completely uneffected.

If you have any custom textures not included in PM though, there will be a bit of a problem.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I was driving to Hoover Damn as part of a vacation I'm on, and I something that might interest you guys...

[collapse=I SAW HIM IN THE CLOUDS!!!]
image.jpg

RIDLEY CONFIRMED!!!!
[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

Alright then. Yes I would greatly appreciate it if you sent me a pre-made file.

Thanks~ Or as my niece would say, tanks~
You are very welcome! No, thank you. After stumbling across that horrid atrocity on the previous page that was the physical embodiment of how useless I was as a spriter/developer, it was quite comforting to know that it wasn't a complete waste.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wo99u5clyqbleex/STGRESULT.pac
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhfvy7o7y93sk19/common5.pac

Before using these; I highly recommend backing up the existing files on your SD Card to make sure that everything works correctly. If there is a problem, message me.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I had decided to install Project M again. So I went into brawl and looked at what stages I had on a random SD Card I found...I had like 48 stages on it...And they were all from 2008. I gotta admit, it hurt deleting those stages, but what can you do. It really hurt deleting those stages. I felt like I was deleting my childhood.

So after deleting those stages, I had this random thought to just check on what smash photos I had from 2008. I wasn't going to delete them, just check on them...And holy **** I have 600 photos.

I haven't checked them all out yet. Though, it made me just now realize how much I actually played brawl...

If you are wondering about replays, I only 38 of them. Meh.

D

Deleted member

So I had decided to install Project M again. So I went into brawl and looked at what stages I had on a random SD Card I found...I had like 48 stages on it...And they were all from 2008. I gotta admit, it hurt deleting those stages, but what can you do. It really hurt deleting those stages. I felt like I was deleting my childhood.
I hate that it forces you to delete stages. That's why I just use the homebrew method so I can keep making box stages :p

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I hate that it forces you to delete stages. That's why I just use the homebrew method so I can keep making box stages :p
They were taking up space and I wasn't going to use them anyway. I remember making all kinds of weird stages. I think some of my favorites were pinball styled. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom