• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
*crawls out of the wreckage...*

I...I'm ok.. thank goodness I took survival classes from Wile E Coyote.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
He's like an animal that runs across an oncoming car in panic, instead of back into the woods.

One of these days I'll have had enough and won't hit the brakes for them anymore.
You should definitely stop stopping for them.

Squirrels are out to take control of the world. And they will slaughter us when they do it.

They're watching us. They're waiting for the right time to strike. And when they do we must be ready to fight back. But beware, for the have been going through mutations to become bigger and those must be killed fast.

You heard it. Kill the squirrels and save humanity!

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
I started up Assassin's Creed 3 a while ago, but got stuck on some mission and quit. IDK, I'm just not feeling that game. I think it has something to do with the fact that I binge played every previous Assassins Creed game before that and was feeling kind of burnt out.

I'm on what must be my 7th or 8th playthrough of Earthbound, and this time I'm going for every unique 1/128 item. I have the Sword of Kings, Gaia Beam, Magic Fry Pan, and Star Pendant at the moment. I've been grinding in invaded Onett for the Goddess Ribbon, and now everyone is level 99. My normal attacks are stronger than PSI ones. I have literally no reason to go for this equipment other than the desire to do something different on this playthrough. I'm tempted to just skip to the Cave of the Past and grind for the Goddess Ribbon and Gutsy Bat at the same time there.

I defeated Orochi in my replay of Okami, so I'm roughly halfway through the game. As much as I love this game, it's tough to get motivated to beat it yet again.

I kind of want to play through another Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, but I'm stuck between Explorers of Sky (given that I already played Explorers of Darkness, but enjoyed it and would like to play it again) and Gates to Infinity. I don't know how I feel about there being only 5 starters in Gates to Infinity, but one of them is Snivy and that's all I really need tbh.

I've been highly tempted to play Punch Out and Star Fox 64 purely because I main Falco and will possibly main Little Mac in the future, but that's on the backburner when I have so many things in my life going on.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm not one to start games that I don't intend to finish. Only exceptions are probably Mario Kart Wii (short of 4 people and drinking/ragefests, I couldn't bring myself to call it a "fun experience"), Sonic & Knuckles 3 (downloaded it for my nephew, never replayed it after beating it once on my cousin's original hard copy), any Fire Emblem game (at first because I hate FE, then because my OCD wouldn't let me finish any chapter with less than flawless execution) and Shantae (which I play on/off whenever I get the chance, but haven't progressed due to lack of free time/effort lately).

I've also been reluctant to do my annual Metroid Prime playthrus, as well as finishing my Nuzlocke in Y version (rather, I keep getting distracted with Pokemon Amie).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I bought Shadows of the Colossus about three years ago, and I still have yet to try to defeat the first boss.

It's certainly not a bad game, in fact I like what I've played through. But I've been caught up in other errands that stop me from giving it another go.

To those who've played through it and finished it, is it worth it?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I bought Shadows of the Colossus about three years ago, and I still have yet to try to defeat the first boss.

It's certainly not a bad game, in fact I like what I've played through. But I've been caught up in other errands that stop me from giving it another go.

To those who've played through it and finished it, is it worth it?

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
What happened? Don't you move them with a tarp, with each person supporting 50-100 lbs. each?
Yeah, this woman couldn't have been less than 400lbs. She was being transported home, I was working a clinical on a bariatric truck with a private non-911 ambulance. We got her to her house, tried to get her in her chair that she wanted in, but she wouldn't fit. We assisted her to the ground called the fire department. During the wait this woman fixes her gown and flashes everyone in the process which was horrid and then asks for a slice of cheese. So, we're sitting her, waiting for this woman to eat her slice of cheese when the fire department shows up. It takes six of us to lift her onto the couch and she starts complaining that she isn't on, but the thing is that her butt stuck so far out from her back that it was touching the back of the couch and she didn't know it. That was my first experience in any kind of medical field.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Talking about games we play but don't finish?

Any modern 3d zelda game for me...except Skyward sword. If it wasn't for the hand-holding and linearity I probably wouldn't have beaten it. :p

Still haven't beaten Dream team as well. Also Luigi's mansion Dark moon.

I do intend to finish the games, I just get lazy. The latest game I've beaten was super metriod.

The games I usually do beat are Platformers, (Which I do go for 100%) and RPGS whenever I can find the time to focus on it. Like Bravely Default.
I'm currently playing Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. I haven't beaten it yet, but I intend to.
It's a good game. GOGOGO! :colorful:

I'm not one to start games that I don't intend to finish. Only exceptions are probably Mario Kart Wii (short of 4 people and drinking/ragefests, I couldn't bring myself to call it a "fun experience"),
Define beating Mario kart. Does that include getting all the unlockables? Three gold stars? I usually focus on getting all the chaacters and karts. (Though I can't for the life of me even get one gold star in anything above 50cc mario kart wii. ;_; ).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't really have a game backlog - I usually play the crap out of every game I buy, unless I hate it, or it drags on or becomes repetitive.

I think that's why I love 3D Mario games so much, they can take an age to 100%. Still waiting for that 'Collect 120 Stars/Shines' 3D Mario game for the Wii U. Not that there was anything wrong with 3D World - it was awesome - but it was nothing compared to 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1+2... Alternatively, where's our Super Rosalina Galaxy!?

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
Mario Kart Wii had pretty crazy unlock requirements IIRC. I'm glad that 8 seems to be more forgiving.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Mario Kart Wii had pretty crazy unlock requirements IIRC. I'm glad that 8 seems to be more forgiving.
Well, the harshest I remember was getting one gold star in each of the CCs and mirror cup. I'm pretty sure there were people that could do it, but because of the requirements I never did unlock dry bowser. :crying:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Define beating Mario kart. Does that include getting all the unlockables? Three gold stars? I usually focus on getting all the chaacters and karts. (Though I can't for the life of me even get one gold star in anything above 50cc mario kart wii. ;_; ).
I don't even think I beat all of the cups on the easiest setting, nor unlock anyone aside from the auto-easy ones (King Boo/Diddy and Rosalina)

Despite the online being the epitome of any Nintendo Wi-Fi game at the time, I still couldn't enjoy it unless I could physically see people raging from the item madness. Coming from MKDS (which to this day was my favorite handheld/MK multiplayer experience, not to mention my favorite single player MK experience thanks to Mission Mode/blowing-into-the-mic Balloon Battles), I just wondered if I was too used to the old to like any of the new.

Then MK7 came out and confirmed that it wasn't that at all. Or maybe that I just like handheld MK better.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't even think I beat all of the cups on the easiest setting, nor unlock anyone aside from the auto-easy ones (King Boo/Diddy and Rosalina)

Despite the online being the epitome of any Nintendo Wi-Fi game at the time, I still couldn't enjoy it unless I could physically see people raging from the item madness. Coming from MKDS (which to this day was my favorite handheld/MK multiplayer experience, not to mention my favorite single player MK experience thanks to Mission Mode/blowing-into-the-mic Balloon Battles), I just wondered if I was too used to the old to like any of the new.

Then MK7 came out and confirmed that it wasn't that at all. Or maybe that I just like handheld MK better.
Yeah, while I haven't played all the mario karts, Mario kart wii is one of my lesser favorites and I did enjoy mario kart 7 a lot more. I could totally why drinking and raging with friends would make the experience better as the items were certainly more interesting and satisfying to land then a lot of the other mario kart games. With that said, the opposite side of item coin made the single player a *****. :p

Btw, seeing how you say you like handheld MK better, (which, I will agree, I like anything handheld better. Smash 3ds for life!), what about Mario kart 8? How does that compare?

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
Well, the harshest I remember was getting one gold star in each of the CCs and mirror cup. I'm pretty sure there were people that could do it, but because of the requirements I never did unlock dry bowser. :crying:
There were quite a few unlockable characters and karts/bikes that required getting 1 star cups or unlocking expert staff ghosts. I feel like games this cutesy just annoy you more when they're hard.

In 8, you can unlock 1 new character for each gold you get on a grand prix, and most of the kart/bike parts can be earned through collecting coins (which come naturally based on how much you play rather than how well you play.) There's bonuses for people that want to get stars and good time trial times, but they don't feel required. I feel like that makes more sense in a game that a lot of small children and casual gamers will be playing.

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Both of the Super Mario Galaxy games I have yet to beat thanks to Shaya's post reminding me of it, and I legitimately tried to beat the first Rayman just now! Couldn't do it due to how asinine the difficulty gets in the last few levels! :mad:

D

Deleted member

I don't really have a game backlog - I usually play the crap out of every game I buy, unless I hate it, or it drags on or becomes repetitive.

I think that's why I love 3D Mario games so much, they can take an age to 100%. Still waiting for that 'Collect 120 Stars/Shines' 3D Mario game for the Wii U. Not that there was anything wrong with 3D World - it was awesome - but it was nothing compared to 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1+2... Alternatively, where's our Super Rosalina Galaxy!?
Really? As much as I like 64 and Sunshine, I think 3D World is a far better game than those two. Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, especially when it comes to 64, but Sunshine is a whole other beast. I mean, I absolutely love the game when I'm just going for any percent. But 100% is something I don't really have the patience to do, mostly due to repetition. I feel there should be more unique shines within the game.
-240 blue coins(seriously, that's 24 shines to blue coins)
-God knows how many red coin missions
-a shadow mario mission each world
-plus the Mario 64 100 coin missions
Again, I respect your opinion and I love any percenting the game with whatever shines, but it's just too much for me. And I understand getting that sense of exploration, and finding small things, but I feel they went too far with it. I get enough of that in my Mario with Star Coins/Medals/Green Stars/Stamps(which I do enjoy) But in all this, I will agree that the Galaxy games are truly amazing.

As for a backlog, nothing important comes to mind.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Really? As much as I like 64 and Sunshine, I think 3D World is a far better game than those two. Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, especially when it comes to 64, but Sunshine is a whole other beast. I mean, I absolutely love the game when I'm just going for any percent. But 100% is something I don't really have the patience to do, mostly due to repetition. I feel there should be more unique shines within the game.
-240 blue coins(seriously, that's 24 shines to blue coins)
-God knows how many red coin missions
-a shadow mario mission each world
-plus the Mario 64 100 coin missions
Again, I respect your opinion and I love any percenting the game with whatever shines, but it's just too much for me. And I understand getting that sense of exploration, and finding small things, but I feel they went too far with it. I get enough of that in my Mario with Star Coins/Medals/Green Stars/Stamps(which I do enjoy) But in all this, I will agree that the Galaxy games are truly amazing.

As for a backlog, nothing important comes to mind.
Yeah, I guess you're right. Sunshine might not have had the Star/Shine creativity of it's brother games, but it made up for it in creative gameplay. I loved SM3DW, but felt trapped in the levels. I spent hours in Sunshine just exploring Delfino. I miss that kind of Mario game.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I've gotten 3 cups done so far on the 150cc in Mario Kart 8 with a full 3 star completion.

*sighs*

It wasn't without it's headaches though. And I'm sure there are many more to come.

Mushroom Cup as Wario

Flower Cup as Wendy Koopa

Shell Cup as Roy Koopa (my wife under my account as Rosalina...she chose the cup)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I guess you're right. Sunshine might not have had the Star/Shine creativity of it's brother games, but it made up for it in creative gameplay. I loved SM3DW, but felt trapped in the levels. I spent hours in Sunshine just exploring Delfino. I miss that kind of Mario game.
Don't get me wrong, I would love another 64/Sunshine style game, it's just I would prefer a bit more level creativity.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd like to see what would have happened in SM64 2.
Mission based gameplay with co-op

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
I'd love to see a new 64/Sunshine/Galaxy styled game. Something about 3D platformers with nice overworlds just really does it for me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. Just like in the original game, the Dark Emperor can cause status changes based on a fighter's color. Red types generally get powered up. On a different subject, the Mii Fighter is wearing a Mii Force Helmet."

So.
Many.
POWER-UPS.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Btw, seeing how you say you like handheld MK better, (which, I will agree, I like anything handheld better. Smash 3ds for life!), what about Mario kart 8? How does that compare?
8 follows the trend of taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Track choice/layout, MKTV features, and graphics are all absolutely amazing (definite improvement over Wii's reused GCN models). However that's not to say there weren't some disappointments here and there with item choice (infamous coins, lack of Tanooki/Raccoon tail, loss of "stacking" items resulting in Shells of all types being that much more destructive, etc.), balance (shame that feather/lightweights are all basically useless compared to heavyweights, though the kart balancing feels like a step up from both Wii/7) and most of all, the questionable alterations to other/non-Grand Prix modes (R.I.P. Battle Mode courses). To me, it suffers similarly to Wii in that I can only really enjoy it with multiple people, though the online/friend features make it feel a lot more "personal" now. All in all I think it's solid, but leaves people wanting more (not just counting the roster choice, still miss Coin/Shiner Runners and Mission Mode).

tl;dr - With friends the experience is amazing, otherwise it gets old quick. Step up from Wii/7, most def. Hoping for DLC eventually.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
8 follows the trend of taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Track choice/layout, MKTV features, and graphics are all absolutely amazing (definite improvement over Wii's reused GCN models). However that's not to say there weren't some disappointments here and there with item choice (infamous coins, lack of Tanooki/Raccoon tail, loss of "stacking" items resulting in Shells of all types being that much more destructive, etc.), balance (shame that feather/lightweights are all basically useless compared to heavyweights, though the kart balancing feels like a step up from both Wii/7) and most of all, the questionable alterations to other/non-Grand Prix modes (R.I.P. Battle Mode courses). To me, it suffers similarly to Wii in that I can only really enjoy it with multiple people, though the online/friend features make it feel a lot more "personal" now. All in all I think it's solid, but leaves people wanting more (not just counting the roster choice, still miss Coin/Shiner Runners and Mission Mode).

tl;dr - With friends the experience is amazing, otherwise it gets old quick. Step up from Wii/7, most def. Hoping for DLC eventually.
Really well said! I completely agree with you on all points. It's still an amazing game, but I became frustrated quickly whilst playing alone.

The game is amazing to play with a group of friends and some beers. Alone, it becomes tiresome.

I'm hoping for DLC too. Hopefully the eventual amiibo interaction doesn't replace this game's need for DLC.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

If friggen Kirby Fighters is getting 'dlc'*coughstandalonegamecough*, then I fully expect Smash4 to have DLC too.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

If friggen Kirby Fighters is getting 'dlc'*coughstandalonegamecough*, then I fully expect Smash4 to have DLC too.
My god. This is so beautiful. I'm going to cry. The music, the nostalgia. ;_;

I need this DLC in my life now. The music is to die for. The extra content. This is coming out in America right?!? :D

Shroob

Sup?
My god. This is so beautiful. I'm going to cry. The music, the nostalgia. ;_;

I need this DLC in my life now. The music is to die for. The extra content. This is coming out in America right?!? :D
It's a stand alone game, but if you own Triple Deluxe, you'll unlock Bell and Beetle forms to play as.

Triple Deluxe pretty much had demos of those two games, I reckon.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can I just say...
It's already halfway through the week and every god-dang bit has been Mii's and filler.:c
If we don't get something tomorrow or Friday it'll be another filler week just like last week.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Can I just say...
It's already halfway through the week and every god-dang bit has been Mii's and filler.:c
If we don't get something tomorrow or Friday it'll be another filler week just like last week.
It's so hard being hyped for something because it eventually, inevitably becomes a toying with emotions by developers.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
I feel like I'm just hyped enough to be legitimately excited, but not so much that I'm checking for updates every day and hanging on every word.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom