• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's an awesome poster.
I should be deleting the thread and banning his account.
I'm probably going to get flack for doing neither due to a sense of appreciating someone's efforts.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But F.Koopa, I thought the rules of the internet went something like this just like they do in real life :p

Unfortunately, this isn't /b/.

Oh, for the love of God, don't use that shortcut for my name. Fal will do.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Unfortunately, this isn't /b/.

Oh, for the love of God, don't use that shortcut for my name. Fal will do.
I'll call you by the first two and the last two letters of your name.

Is that alright, Fapa? :troll:

It's an awesome poster.
I should be deleting the thread and banning his account.
I'm probably going to get flack for doing neither due to a sense of appreciating someone's efforts.
I know how that is. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did and it's really nice that you let the thread at least live albeit locked.

I remember when I got flack for being nice in the old community I moderated. *frowns intensely*

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Found a video that has both of the effects of the warlock punch. Skip to 1:31 to see what happens if the Warlock Punch hits a shield. It's hilarious.
Well great, now I need to go download Brawl-.:laugh:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I feel like such a Fire Emblem nerd when I have to explain that Awakening wasn't the first game in the series to use the Avatar system.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Huh. I did not know that.
Yeah, New Mystery of the Emblem (12th game in the franchise) , which is the remake of Mystery of the Emblem. The 3rd game and Marths second. Started the whole avatar thing.

Its a grand game and a huge step up from the less then well liked remake of FE1. Shadow Dragon (Which's lackluster reception made it so people outside of Japan didn't get to really enjoy New Mystery). Even if I liked Shadow Dragon, its not one of my absolute favorite FE games, I did enjoy it though.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm pretty sure I called Germany winning the cup. I expected a solid victory from Germany vs Brazil, especially when they lose two of their star players to injuries/double yellows. But this degree of slaughter?

Germany's been holding back after their early matches. I can see why. I don't know if there's ever been a soccer team to brace this Earth as potent as Germany is right now.

I'm backing Netherlands next, they were apart of my top 3/4 predictions (the only thing I was wrong about was France, but that's because LOL SEEDING). I think I'm going to literally flip every flippable thing for the grand final, I think Netherlands' team are very intelligent and meticulous and may be able to string together a solid strategy to slow down Germany's onslaught. It wouldn't be the first time Germany falls to hubris.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's funny is I am playing New Game + in fossil fighters, so I HAVE max level dinos I can put on my team

But their skills are so expensive, even their weakest, that I can't actually USE them.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm pretty sure I called Germany winning the cup. I expected a solid victory from Germany vs Brazil, especially when they lose two of their star players to injuries/double yellows. But this degree of slaughter?

Germany's been holding back after their Hungary match. I can see why. I don't know if there's ever been a soccer team to brace this Earth as potent as Germany is right now.

I'm backing Netherlands next, they were apart of my top 3/4 predictions (the only thing I was wrong about was France, but that's because LOL SEEDING). I think I'm going to literally flip every flippable thing for the grand final, I think Netherlands' team are very intelligent and meticulous and may be able to string together a solid strategy to slow down Germany's onslaught.
I was hoping for Costa Rica to pull a win, I enjoy rooting for the underdogs in sports.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ok, that was a good run, here's my answer

Type: Water
Badge: Hurricane Badge
Puzzle: You get on a pirate ship kinda like the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Carribean, and must search the ship for five pirate trainers, then the door to the captain's office opens, then the leader is waiting inside

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, New Mystery of the Emblem (12th game in the franchise) , which is the remake of Mystery of the Emblem. The 3rd game and Marths second. Started the whole avatar thing.

Its a grand game and a huge step up from the less then well liked remake of FE1. Shadow Dragon (Which's lackluster reception made it so people outside of Japan didn't get to really enjoy New Mystery). Even if I liked Shadow Dragon, its not one of my absolute favorite FE games, I did enjoy it though.
Ah.
If ya couldn't tell, of any Nintendo franchise, FE is one I don't know too much about.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ah.
If ya couldn't tell, of any Nintendo franchise, FE is one I don't know too much about.
Thats perfectly fine, I'm a huge Nintendo dork in general and love reading on and playing its various games, if you ever have any Fire Emblem questions I'd be more then happy to answer. It is my favorite Nintendo series after all

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I haven't played FE12. But I love its soundtrack.

The avatar system is far more customizable than Awakening.

On the topic of football, I was very happy to Germany win. Almost everyone in my friend circle was rooting for Brazil, except me. I definitely didn't expect such a curb stomp victory though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Thats perfectly fine, I'm a huge Nintendo dork in general and love reading on and playing its various games, if you ever have any Fire Emblem questions I'd be more then happy to answer. It is my favorite Nintendo series after all
Who made the translation patch for Fire Emblem Thracia 776 and how much do you like them?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I was in the building everyone usually hangs out in on campus, and I was sitting with my friends watching them play Yugioh. On the large TV on the wall next to us was the BRA x GER game. Germany scored their 4th goal. The yugioh players yelled things like "WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH JUST SHUT THE GAME OFF NOW NO WAY ARE THEY COMING BACK". The crowd of people in front of the television (mostly foreign) were into it, too. Half of them left.

I don't like watching sports, nor am I into them at all, but that was really fun to watch Brazil get whooped by Germany.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Just curious, why are there so many blue haired swordsmen?
There honestly aren't that many. It's just quite a few tend to be the main character of their game. To quote myself from before

Lets see for a grand ol comparison all the main characters in the series

FE1/3/11/12
Marth, Blue hair, sword user
FE2
Alm, Blue hair, sword user
Cecilia, Red hair, Magic/Sword user
FE4
Sigurd, Blue hair, mounted Sword/Lance promoted character
Seilph his son, Blue hair, mounted Sword/Lance but started as a lord with just a sword
FE5
Leif, Brown hair, Sword user, but in FE4 promoted to a mounted unit who could use literally everything but Dark Magic
FE6
Roy, Red Hair, Sword user
FE7
Eliwood, Red hair, Sword user then lance mounted
Hector, Blue hair, Axes got Swords on promotion
Lyn, Green hair, Katana styled sword use. Gets Bows on promotion
FE8
Ephraim, Blue hair, Lances
Eirika, Blue hair, Swords
FE9/10
Ike, Blue hair, Swords. In his sequel late game Swords/Axes
Micaiah, Silver Haired, Light Magic/Staves
Sothe (He semi counts) Green hair, Knives
FE13
Chrom, Blue haired Swords promotes to be able to use lances. Has reclass options that include mounts, bows, Axes
Lucina same as above except more weapon chances due to more reclass options
Robin, Magic/Swords any hair color, default white. Endless reclass options

Last edited:

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
I think Fire Emblem is the one franchise in Smash Bros that I know the least about. I played Path of Radiance to the half-way point and then gave up because I suck at strategy games. That's literally the extent of my experience with it.

With most of the other franchises, if I'm not already a fan, I can at least tell you about some of the most popular games and characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Are you talking about soccer?
Because we call it soccer in Australia
That's right! I remember reading about that.

Neat.
So you're Australian? What is Australia like, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't want to ask the internet because I'm afraid I'll just get a bunch of those jokes about Australia.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's right! I remember reading about that.

Neat.
So you're Australian? What is Australia like, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't want to ask the internet because I'm afraid I'll just get a bunch of those jokes about Australia.
Australia has weather that could best be described as bipolar, deadly animals, just about every culture in the world packed into one city, kick ass beaches and other stuff.

The most popular sports are Cricket, Rugby and Soccer. AFL is also popular, but not so much on the east side of Australia.
Internet is good, but not good enough for things like streaming
Stuff is expensive

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Australia has weather that could best be described as bipolar, deadly animals, just about every culture in the world packed into one city, kick *** beaches and other stuff.
But have you ever seen a Blobfish? The greatest animal alive.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Australia has weather that could best be described as bipolar, deadly animals, just about every culture in the world packed into one city, kick *** beaches and other stuff.
It makes perfect sense to me

The sport was originally called Associated Soccer, then they shortened it to soccer

Since it was called Soccer in England, and the English colonized Australia

Naturally they'd call it the same thing

That goes for America, since it was colonized by England, they'd call it what England called it

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
There honestly aren't that many. It's just quite a few tend to be the main character of their game. To quote myself from before

Lets see for a grand ol comparison all the main characters in the series

FE1/3/11/12
Marth, Blue hair, sword user
FE2
Alm, Blue hair, sword user
Cecilia, Red hair, Magic/Sword user
FE4
Sigurd, Blue hair, mounted Sword/Lance promoted character
Seilph his son, Blue hair, mounted Sword/Lance but started as a lord with just a sword
FE5
Leif, Brown hair, Sword user, but in FE4 promoted to a mounted unit who could use literally everything but Dark Magic
FE6
Roy, Red Hair, Sword user
FE7
Eliwood, Red hair, Sword user then lance mounted
Hector, Blue hair, Axes got Swords on promotion
Lyn, Green hair, Katana styled sword use. Gets Bows on promotion
FE8
Ephraim, Blue hair, Lances
Eirika, Blue hair, Swords
FE9/10
Ike, Blue hair, Swords. In his sequel late game Swords/Axes
Micaiah, Silver Haired, Light Magic/Staves
Sothe (He semi counts) Green hair, Knives
FE13
Chrom, Blue haired Swords promotes to be able to use lances. Has reclass options that include mounts, bows, Axes
Lucina same as above except more weapon chances due to more reclass options
Robin, Magic/Swords any hair color, default white. Endless reclass options
I'm guessing you support Robin for smash as well? :)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just realized Japan also calls it Soccer according to that map I posted. サッかー = sakkaa = Soccer.

I think Fire Emblem is the one franchise in Smash Bros that I know the least about. I played Path of Radiance to the half-way point and then gave up because I suck at strategy games. That's literally the extent of my experience with it.

With most of the other franchises, if I'm not already a fan, I can at least tell you about some of the most popular games and characters.
You, sir, have post #44444.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It makes perfect sense to me

The sport was originally called Associated Soccer, then they shortened it to soccer

Since it was called Soccer in England, and the English colonized Australia

Naturally they'd call it the same thing

That goes for America, since it was colonized by England, they'd call it what England called it
In school we are no longer taught that the English colonised Australia, rather it is called the European Invasion

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm guessing you support Robin for smash as well? :)
Robin is actually... Not one of my first picks for a Fire Emblem character. As unique as he/she'd be I'd rather someone more established and not as.. Hmm customizable because I feel Fire Emblem is more about its characters not how you are in the game.. Then again Robin is his/her own character too I suppose.. I dno my feelings are mixed on Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom