• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm not sure of the creator myself, but I don't like how much garbled text there is in the patch.
Wow, you don't know anything about Fire Emblem ;)

You'll have to forgive me, I probably put like 200-300 hours into it when I was 18 during my summer break between finishing highschool and starting university~
My old computer with everything on it died, so I've never been able to come back and resolve various issues. No one's ever come around to redoing it or fixing it. So I suppose that messy standard was fine enough for most.

The main issue with finalising Fire Emblem 5 is a lot to do with SNES limitations. The game really pushed the boundaries of cartridge sizes and there legitimately just isn't enough free space to pack "everything" in English, the resolved choice was ensuring important aspects were understandable, but then chapter 23? happened, ruining everything I guess.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Wow, you don't know anything about Fire Emblem ;)

You'll have to forgive me, I probably put like 200-300 hours into it when I was 18 during my summer break between finishing highschool and starting university~
My old computer with everything on it died, so I've never been able to come back and resolve various issues. No one's ever come around to redoing it or fixing it. So I suppose that messy standard was fine enough for most.

The main issue with finalising Fire Emblem 5 is a lot to do with SNES limitations. The game really pushed the boundaries of cartridge sizes and there legitimately just isn't enough free space to pack "everything" in.
WELL, I guess I just put my foot in my own mouth eh? I appreciate it honestly. It works but I'd like to see something final if you get what I mean? But I do understand the limitations, the Serenes Forest guys always say how difficult it is to patch the SNES games and I applaud you on it

I always considered Thracia a masterpiece, with its capture, fatigue and dismounting options.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
While we are on the subject of soccer: As an update to those who are interested in Harry Potter and the International Escape of Football Apes, I will not be providing any information about its development since MorbidAltruism caved in this morning and liked the post.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
4/5 have the best story by far.
Five is otherwise the best Fire Emblem game ever made. The only game with SSS ranking? The only game where there was no way to achieve SSS ranking without selling your soul? (In the first 15 years of the game's release I'm pretty sure the amount of people who legitimately achieved SSS was less than 2).

It really pushed the boundaries on achieving efficiency in a turn based tactical game that none of the other games have come close to.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
While we are on the subject of soccer: As an update to those who are interested in Harry Potter and the International Escape of Football Apes, I will not be providing any information about its development since MorbidAltruism caved in this morning and liked the post.

4/5 have the best story by far.
Five is otherwise the best Fire Emblem game ever made. The only game with SSS ranking? The only game where there was no way to achieve SSS ranking without selling your soul? (In the first 15 years of the game's release I'm pretty sure the amount of people who legitimately achieved SSS was less than 2).

It really pushed the boundaries on achieving efficiency in a turn based tactical game that none of the other games have come close to.
I quite love the whole franchise but yeah, Thracia was on its own unique level.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Look, as long as it has hyper-realistic blood (vital for any fic, regardless of pasta), I'm fine.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
You guys are giving me flashbacks to 2007. Thanks, guys.

My biggest shame is that I still sometimes watch YouTube Punch with my little brother.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Gee it sure is.. DEAD all of a sudden around here
I was in the middle of sharing a cool story, bro, but I got interrupted by a dump.

Anyway, cool story time, passed to me by my instructor:

There was this guy in his early 20s admitted to a long term care facility (a nursing home in this case). When someone is admitted, their weight and height are measured. He was too large for them to use the standing scale and he exceeded the capacity of the large scales used for wheel-chair bound residents.

They had to send this dude to a truck stop and use the scales used to weigh 18-wheelers.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I was in the middle of sharing a cool story, bro, but I got interrupted by a dump.

There was this guy in his early 20s admitted to a long term care facility (a nursing home in this case). When someone is admitted, their weight and height are measured. He was too large for them to use the standing scale and he exceeded the capacity of the large scales used for wheel-chair bound residents.

They had to send this dude to a truck stop and use the scales used to weigh 18-wheelers.
Whoa.. Thats pretty intense.

Well, its midnight here and I'm tired. Night everyone.
Night!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Ouch. That's gotta do something to someone's self esteem.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X

You are involved in EMS? I've just completed my EMT classes too!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Why on Urth does adult Link have gloves that cover his fingers
He could have mysophobia (germophobia). Link may be scared to have bare hands and fingers, especially in public places like that restaurant. Probably washes them 24/7, causing his hands to have tons of blisters too.

Give adult Link some credit -- he probably had to gather enough courage to walk into the restaurant.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
He could have mysophobia (germophobia). Link may be scared to have bare hands and fingers, especially in public places like that restaurant. Probably washes them 24/7, causing his hands to have tons of blisters too.

Give adult Link some credit -- he probably had to gather enough courage to walk into the restaurant.
Is this why Redeads can stun him? The mere FEAR of their deathly grime?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
You are involved in EMS? I've just completed my EMT classes too!
Not yet. That's at least two years down the line (I don't have any money for EMT school). I get my CNA license at the end of the month.

Ouch. That's gotta do something to someone's self esteem.
Yeah, he weighed over 1200 pounds. He died not longer after turning 24.

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
So to anyone still here or will be on here soon as the Wednesday daily smash pic draws near, here's a fun ice breaker.

Describe your gaming backlog (games you intend to play and beat, but because of work/school/life you never have the time you want and thus one game after another piles up until you have a backlog hence the term)

For me, I've got...

My MechroMancer run on Borderlands 2 not to mention I'm trying to work my way up to level 50 on regular mode as well! I think I'm like 37 or 38 and I had just started the third main DLC too last I played

Fallout New Vegas. I keep trying to find time to sit down and really play this game for I've never beaten the game on any of the four main paths (Legion, NCR, Mr. House, or Independent)

Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag (recently got back into it and as such am trying to do everything possible which is easier said than done consider how long these games are)

Rayman 1 (This is gonna sound weird, but I've gotten to the final level, yet since February of last year haven't found the time nor the energy to stock up on lives without cheating before I attempt it. As a game that was part of my childhood as well as my first ever platformer game, I feel I should legitimately beat it given how close I am towards that goal so I can finally get the proverbial monkey off my back once and for all, but ehh...)

If anything, im too damn addicted to Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising as of late and nightly viewings of what Adult Swim has on their lineup as well as general laziness on my part. With Smash 4 on the 3DS being a little less than 3 months from its American release, I think it might be time to get to work on crossing some games off my to play list for I know I'm going to be eating, sleeping, and breathing Sm4sh once I get my pre-ordered copy on 10/3 from Best Buy.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Currently my gaming backlog consists of

The Last Story
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Final Fantasy Tactics

All wonderful games but I keep getting sidetracked

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah, New Mystery of the Emblem (12th game in the franchise) , which is the remake of Mystery of the Emblem. The 3rd game and Marths second. Started the whole avatar thing.

Its a grand game and a huge step up from the less then well liked remake of FE1. Shadow Dragon (Which's lackluster reception made it so people outside of Japan didn't get to really enjoy New Mystery). Even if I liked Shadow Dragon, its not one of my absolute favorite FE games, I did enjoy it though.
Too bad it never ****ing released outside of Japan. >_>

Yes, I am still butthurt over that. I spent like 5 years keeping up with info on that game solely because I was waiting for it to be released here in the West. But nope.

But you know IS, it is never too late.

OR OR OR! You could make a Fire Emblem pack that has all the Nes/Snes games, GBA games, and DS games replace FE 1 and 3 and localize it.

Stop working on Project S.T.E.A.M and make this happen. >_<

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Too bad it never ****ing released outside of Japan. >_>

Yes, I am still butthurt over that. I spent like 5 years keeping up with info on that game solely because I was waiting for it to be released here in the West. But nope.

But you know IS, it is never too late.

OR OR OR! You could make a Fire Emblem pack that has all the Nes/Snes games, GBA games, and DS games replace FE 1 and 3.

Stop working on Project S.T.E.A.M and make this happen. >_<
There is a finished translation patch hosted on Serenes Forest for the game. Best alternative

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Not yet. That's at least two years down the line (I don't have any money for EMT school). I get my CNA license at the end of the month.

Yeah, he weighed over 1200 pounds. He died not longer after turning 24.
I've had one experience with bariatrics, it was horrifying.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Eh, my highest priority for FE is to get FE6. The only Western released FE game that I do not own. But goddamn is it expensive.
I have a nice copy sitting with me.

I got it back when interest in FE wasn't so big though. Quite some years ago but FE6 is Japanese only.. so you must mean some other FE

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Final Fantasy Tactics is such a long game. Like if you want to do everything, get everything, and have solid strong teams it requires grinding. Out of all the games I've started and come close to finishing, this is the one I feel worst about (modern 3D Zelda games be DAMNED).

I'm trying to get through Mario Galaxy, but for the most part it's hard to find time to game in free time when you moderate a large site/section like this (its not so much literal moderation more so constant correspondence). The amount of times I've played a single League game to come back to like 2-3 hours ploughing through stuff sends me insane. :V

I need to borrow someone's 3DS for the latest Fire Emblem game I guess too.

Any day now I'm hoping for IS/Nintendo to reveal a Fire Emblem 4/5 remake for their WiiU console version of FE. I don't think there's any other gaming related announcement (maybe a LoL season 1 server :p) that would hype me up as hard.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Final Fantasy Tactics is such a long game. Like if you want to do everything, get everything, and have solid strong teams it requires grinding. Out of all the games I've started and come close to finishing, this is the one I feel worst about (modern 3D Zelda games be DAMNED).

I'm trying to get through Mario Galaxy, but for the most part it's hard to find time to game in free time when you moderate a large site/section like this (its not so much literal moderation more so constant correspondence). The amount of times I've played a single League game to come back to like 2-3 hours ploughing through stuff sends me insane. :V

I need to borrow someone's 3DS for the latest Fire Emblem game I guess too.

Any day now I'm hoping for IS/Nintendo to reveal a Fire Emblem 4/5 remake for their WiiU console version of FE. I don't think there's any other gaming related announcement (maybe a LoL season 1 server :p) that would hype me up as hard.
If you count grinding and extra stuff I guess I have every Disgaea game ever on my backlog :p

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
So this RPG is like really long and if you want everything you have to grind
Oh wow enlightening

...(its not so much literal moderation more so constant correspondence). The amount of times I've played a single League game to come back to like 2-3 hours ploughing through stuff sends me insane. :V
I'm just keeping you on your toes :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom