• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Said DLC is going to consist of Swoop, Magcargo, Daroach, and Brash the Bear.

Also Chorus Kids get an alternate costume where they wear a poorly made paper maché Ridley costume.
I LOL'd hard at the paper maché Ridley.
I just picture this as his rhythm track as he moves:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Germany's thoughts before the game:

Germany's thoughts now:

Why did I have to draw Brazil?

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Said DLC is going to consist of Swoop, Magcargo, Daroach, and Brash the Bear.

Also Chorus Kids get an alternate costume where they wear a poorly made paper maché Ridley costume.
*imagines Ridley in Paper Mario style*
*Think it's dumb but want to see what happens...*

Unless it's like hooktail where it's a DIY but that's even worse.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So,I found this.

I'm pretty sure it's not all of them,but it's all I (or the uploader,I don't know) got.
Rosalina and Bowser's victory themes make me think that we'll at least a different variation for each character if not a completely different song.

Also, I'm pretty sure we'll get multiple victory animations, and everyone only having one is a result of using a beta build.

D

Deleted member

I would imagine that the only characters that can potentially have different victory themes are those who are newcomers (such as Rosalina) and/or those who haven't been shown with the standard theme yet.
A little disappointing that the themes are ported from Brawl, though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Digging the Purple Adult Link tunic.. I always used Blue but now I have purple (I dno why I think Purple looks so cool on Link) I may have to choose

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He looks like a Sonic OC.

Edit: Oh, he's canon. Never mind then.
Wait, you don't know who Mighty is??

UUUUUUUUGH.

...Basically, he's Prototype Sonic. The Sonic before Sonic, if you will.

Mighty the Armadillo. One of the early concept designs for Sonic along with Ray the Flying Squirrel who ended up becoming their own separate characters instead. Both Mighty and Ray starred in the arcade game SegaSonic the Hedgehog alongside Sonic. Later, Mighty would appear again in Knuckles Chaotix as a playable character and partner.

Since then, Mighty and Ray have disappeared from the games but remain alive and relevant in the Archie Comics. This remains true even after the reboot into the current universe which improved the comics by tenfold in the majority's opinion.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Wait, you don't know who Mighty is??

UUUUUUUUGH.

...Basically, he's Prototype Sonic. The Sonic before Sonic, if you will.

Mighty the Armadillo. One of the early concept designs for Sonic along with Ray the Flying Squirrel who ended up becoming their own separate characters instead. Both Mighty and Ray starred in the arcade game SegaSonic the Hedgehog alongside Sonic. Later, Mighty would appear again in Knuckles Chaotix as a playable character and partner.

Since then, Mighty and Ray have disappeared from the games but remain alive and relevant in the Archie Comics. This remains true even after the reboot into the current universe which improved the comics by tenfold in the majority's opinion.
Mighty also made a cameo in Sonic Generations in the City Escape revamps.. On posters

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So,I found this.

I'm pretty sure it's not all of them,but it's all I (or the uploader,I don't know) got.
Also, the video missed Sonic even though I've seen gifs floating around of Sonic's victory screen. :laugh:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mighty also made a cameo in Sonic Generations in the City Escape revamps.. On posters

True enough.

...Wait a minute, something's wrong here.

Ray was a proto-Sonic too?
Yes, indeed.

Though both Mighty and Ray and a rabbit design were all prototypes that came after they scrapped the idea of Eggman being their protagonist. I always thought that tidbit of info was funny.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

True enough.

...Wait a minute, something's wrong here.

Yes, indeed.

Though both Mighty and Ray and a rabbit design were all prototypes that came after they scrapped the idea of Eggman being their protagonist. I always thought that tidbit of info was funny.
Nice mod :p

Haha yeah I always thought it was amusing that Eggman was originally going to be the protagonist

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sure, if it was under the implication that it was not in fact a joke referring to his and Ray's obscurity and really just me being genuinely confused.
Then no, I don't.
Well if it was a joke, your joke sucked, so I guess you don't know then. ¦D

D

Deleted member

Yes, indeed.

I'm afraid I'm going to need a source for that.
I know about the concept of an armadillo before they went with hedgehog, the rabbit with stretchy ears to grab stuff which would later be retooled into Ristar, and "Theodore Roosevelt in pajamas" Eggman, but I have never seen/heard anything about a flying squirrel.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Quick question, I keep hearing that Gematsu has leaked most/all of the remaining roster. Any truth to this, or is it just more rumours?
It's probably true. There's quite a bit of evidence backing it up now but, despite popular belief, the leaker never mentioned an exact number for the final roster. People have largely come up with the number 48 based on an early rumor referred to as the RosalinaX rumor that said there would be 48 characters (35 veterans + 13 newcomers) and 4 cuts (not specified who). The newcomers that the Gematsu leaker has mentioned are: Villager, WFT, Megaman, Little Mac, Mii Fighters (Simply referred to as Mii in the first leak) , Pac-Man, Shulk, Chrom, Palutena, and "a 6th Generation Pokemon." Add Rosalina and the other two Mii characters and it equals 48. The problem that some people have though is why Rosalina was the only character not mentioned and it is true that we do not know the reasoning for this at this time.

As said, the Gematsu leaker never specified an exact number or mentioned cuts aside from the developers supposedly debating whether to cut Ness or Lucas with Lucas being viewed less favorably. Given what we've seen so far, it's very likely that Squirtle and Ivysaur are gone since Charizard is solo and Snake's no show at E3 is pretty damning if you ask me. This leaves one more character to fulfill the RosalinaX rumor. There's plenty of evidence that nobody before Brawl has been cut so the only characters left that could potentially be out are Wario, Metaknight, ROB, Lucas, and Wolf. Wario and Metaknight are pretty much guaranteed to come back based on Wario's symbol already being shown and having two ATs representing his series while Metaknight's Halberd is once again returning. Of the three left, Lucas is the most vulnerable. He's the star of a Japanese exclusive game from franchise that has been dead for nearly a decade. Given what the Gematsu leak said, it's pretty likely that Lucas will be the first to go if the cuts go beyond the very heavily implied ones that we've likely gotten. This is why the Gematsu and RosalinaX rumors are often mashed into one thing because they seem to fit into one another.

Some people argue that Nintendo wouldn't only leave three new characters unannounced before the game released but Brawl essentially did the same thing. If you consider Toon Link a re-envisioned version of Young Link, Brawl's unlockable new characters aside from the revealed third party ones were Wolf, ROB, and Lucario (who Nintendo accidentally leaked, coincidentally enough). This being said, this could be all the characters in the initial release. The Gematsu leaker, however, did say that Nintendo was very likely to have DLC characters but gave no mention to who they might be. If the leaker's past behavior indicates anything, they will probably say something again either shortly before the almost inevitable August Direct or just before the release in September given how the first leak was before E3 2013, the second before the Smash Direct, and the third before E3 2014.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I know about the concept of an armadillo before they went with hedgehog, the rabbit with stretchy ears to grab stuff which would later be retooled into Ristar, and "Theodore Roosevelt in pajamas" Eggman, but I have never seen/heard anything about a flying squirrel.
I was also unsure of Ray being a concept of Sonic but I do know he is in this game with Sonic and Mighty

http://info.sonicretro.org/SegaSonic_the_Hedgehog

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
So,I found this.

I don't have anything to add, but I have to say that your signature kills me.

Nice mod :p

Haha yeah I always thought it was amusing that Eggman was originally going to be the protagonist
I don't know how that would even happen. I mean, look at the speed of Sonic.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That's nice~ =D

Go find it yourself then. If you don't or can't find it, then don't believe it. Simple as that. Not like it'll hurt anything.

I'm not wasting my time though. Not like i have anything to prove. ¦D

And I've got a Pokedex to complete. I'll be gunning for one of you in a bit.

D

Deleted member

In that case, I hope the Entei is as elusive as the information I'm searching for. :p

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In that case, I hope the Entei is as elusive as the information I'm searching for. :p
Eh, I wouldn't say so. I can find Entei on the GTS as easily you can find the info somewhere in the depths of Sonic Stadium or, heaven forbid, Sonic Retro. ¦D

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The more I watch videos and read articles of Hyrule Warriors, the more I want it. :love:
From the way I see it, it's either going to be amazing or painfully underwhelming. Given the basic concept of the game is to effortlessly destroy entire armies of monsters with over-the-top attacks, they would have to go out of their way to make it a genuinely bad game. No doubt it's going to be fun initially but it could get stale really fast. Given how Dynasty Warriors has 50 kerjillion sequels and spinoffs in Japan, I imagine that Japan at the very least is going to get a kick out of it.

D

Deleted member

Bosses giving you trouble? Just spam Rock Smash! It kills 'em in less than 20 second guaranteed!

D

Deleted member

@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser
Checked both already.
Retro has no mention of a flying squirrel on the Game Development page for the game.
Stadium gets no relevant search results for "flying squirrel" yet "armadillo" brings up an interview about the franchise's conception, at which nothing about a flying squirrel was stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom