• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Captain Toad didn't even officially exist until E3 2014, he was just a fanmade character until them. So no, he has not been around longer and would have had no consideration before E3 2014.
Wrong.

Captain Toad existed in Super Mario 3D World, which came out many months ago. Even before that, he appeared in Super Mario Galaxy. He may not have had an official name, but it's still the same character.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Plus, Captain Toad is Toad with a headlamp.
And yet somehow Bandanna Dee has a big following despite being a Waddle Dee with a headband and a sharp stick.

No one seems to ever wanna talk about Etrian Odyssey in this thread. :c
Well I'm gonna be honest here I haven't even played it. So I wouldn't contribute much.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Prime example of what I was talking about, right here.

Hey lookie there, another prime example.

Sal's "leaker" has indeed been wrong, this is even ignoring E3 2013 (even though Sal later did say that the leaker told him they would have all been at E3) as proof of this post http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ano-gematsu-leak.353570/page-52#post-16866157.

If that ain't partially correct and partially incorrect then this is world is in trouble.
I'm not going to keep arguing this because you sound like one of those pre-Brawl anti-35 roster types, but looking at what Sal posted, there's nothing wrong with it- Palutena's name in Japan does have the Goddess in front of it, just like how in America, Pit constantly refers to her as "Lady Palutena", just like he did in her reveal trailer. On the official US Brawl website, it says "Pikmin and Olimar" but in the US version of the game, it only says Olimar. Are you going to tell me that he's not in the game because his name was wrong? Of course not. And the second part was Sal himself speculating the others would be announced. That's not a fact, that was speculation. It's common theory that Sal's leaker got his hands on this information super early, as evident by the "Pokemon from X/Y" character. Sakurai himself said it was a placeholder. The leaker has been correct on 8 of 11 characters, not even including the Sneak Spirits who've shown up in Smash Run and all but confirmed the Chorus Men. You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it. Deny all you want, but deep down you know it's true, just like Brawl's roster when it leaked. Disappointment is what Sakurai's rosters are made of.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So does Captain Toad. Not to mention he's getting a new game. Technically putting him a tad ahead of Bandanna Dee.
Bandana Dee has also been a recurring character since Super Star Ultra.

And yes, that does mean he can miss a game or two. Meta Knight wasn't in Triple Deluxe outside of cameos, so...

Super Star Ultra - Dedede's right hand man in Revenge of the King
Mass Attack - Makes a cameo in Strato Patrol EOS cheering on Meta Knight alongside Sailor Dee
Return to Dreamland - Playable character like Dedede and Meta Knight
Dream Collection - Appears in the opening alongside Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight
Triple Deluxe - referenced in Kirby's Stone ability like Meta Knight, acts as the sort of Adeleine for this game
Rainbow Curse - Confirmed to be appearing

Heck, he was in Super Star as well, as the first opponent in Megaton Punch. I don't think he's missed a game since SSU, which can't really be said for Meta Knight, who just missed Triple Deluxe outside of a few ability cameos.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sorry, going to have to disagree on that.
Captain Toad's been around way longer than Inklings. Unless the DLC is coming out, like, a year after the game's release, I can't see that happening.
What do you see Captain Toad doing that makes him better than the Inklings? Simply being around longer isn't really going to make C. Toad a better character.

As of right now I see Inklings being a way better character than C. Toad in terms of playstyle.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Bandana Dee has also been a recurring character since Super Star Ultra.

And yes, that does mean he can miss a game or two. Meta Knight wasn't in Triple Deluxe, so...
...Okay? I didn't say anything about Bandanna Dee missing a game making his chances lower, nor I intended to. So I don't know where tat second sentence came from.
And to be fair, Captain Toad is also a recurring character as well.

Super Star Ultra - Dedede's right hand man in Revenge of the King
Return to Dreamland - Playable character like Dedede and Meta Knight
Dream Collection - Appears in the opening alongside Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight
Triple Deluxe - referenced in Kirby's Stone ability like Meta Knight, acts as the sort of Adeleine for this game
Rainbow Curse - Confirmed to be appearing

Heck, he was in Super Star as well, as the first opponent in Megaton Punch.
Fine then.
Now while Captain Toad only had a minor role in Mario Galaxy 1&2. 3D World however is where he really shined.
Not only being playable, but having an entire gameplay section dedicated to just him. Now being a playable character is one thing, but being part of a section made just for you goes leaps and bounds. And I think Treasure Tracker speaks for itself.

On top of that, we have the popularity of Toads themselves. Sure at first glance in doesn't seem like much. But what if you could not only appeal to that fanbase, but use a character that's unique in of himself. This is the same reason why Bandanna Dee is popular. And if it worked for him, why not the Captain?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The leaker has been correct on 8 of 11 characters, not even including the Sneak Spirits who've shown up in Smash Run and all but confirmed the Chorus Men. You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it. Deny all you want, but deep down you know it's true, just like Brawl's roster when it leaked. Disappointment is what Sakurai's rosters are made of.
It doesn't all but confirm anything.

It confirms there is a single enemy from a popular DS game ON the 3DS exclusive mini-game.
Don't be so sure of yourself.

Also, I don't appreciate you talking down to someone just because they disagree with you.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
With my probability manipulation powers, I can make the chance that YoshiSonic will ever find paper or writing utensils again 0%.

Checkmate.
I know this was a few pages back but I have to call you out dude.
Your signature:

I CAN NOT stop seeing a woman there:

for those that need help finding her:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What do you see Captain Toad doing that makes him better than the Inklings? Simply being around longer isn't really going to make C. Toad a better character.

As of right now I see Inklings being a way better character than C. Toad in terms of playstyle.
Everything Toad can do

Also

a cute headlamp

Your move.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Your signature:

Even after you posted the image showing the "woman"

I STILL can't find it looking at the Lucario pic

I'm not sure that's an appropriate place for Lucario's tongue though

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Your signature:

Well great, now I can't unsee it.
Thanks for that.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It doesn't all but confirm anything.

It confirms there is a single enemy from a popular DS game ON the 3DS exclusive mini-game.
Don't be so sure of yourself.

Also, I don't appreciate you talking down to someone just because they disagree with you.
Except we haven't seen enemies from a series not represented by a character yet. This would be the first and it's unlikely considering Sneaky Spirits aren't enemies in Rhythm Heaven to begin with.

And i'm not talking down to anyone- you're interpreting it that way because it's text and not vocal. I'm calmly sitting at my desk inquiring why you don't believe the leak when it's proven truthful many a time.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Except we haven't seen enemies from a series not represented by a character yet. This would be the first and it's unlikely considering Sneaky Spirits aren't enemies in Rhythm Heaven to begin with.

And i'm not talking down to anyone- you're interpreting it that way because it's text and not vocal. I'm calmly sitting at my desk inquiring why you don't believe the leak when it's proven truthful many a time.
The ghosts from Find Mii.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
...Okay? I didn't say anything about Bandanna Dee missing a game making his chances lower, nor I intended to. So I don't know where tat second sentence came from.
And to be fair, Captain Toad is also a recurring character as well.
See, the thing I'm trying to say is that HAL obviously doesn't see Bandana Dee as a slightly different mook. Appearing in the past 6 of 26 games alongside the main cast, more than practically any character minus Whispy, Kracko, and the generic enemies from Dream Land like Bronto Burt and Waddle Doo, and being brought back time and time again should say plenty.

As for what I quoted originally, that was the wrong post for what I was trying to say, and I apologize.

@ MSmariosonic MSmariosonic : Mii Fighters. Especially Swordsman.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

It's also proven wrong/sketchy many times, however you Gematsu supporters/apologists tend to gloss over that.

Also, assuming that Sneaky Spirits indicate a character is arbitrary.

If the Gematsu leak didn't exist, and I claimed that Sneaky Spirits being Smash Run enemies indicated a RH character, people would've called me delusional.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Everything Toad can do

Also

a cute headlamp

Your move.
C. Toad can't jump. :bee:

I did make a list of possible specials for inkling

Here is my tweaked special mock up:

Down special:
Ink splat - Can cause opponents to slip if they run/walk over ink and it functions as a teleporter point causing the inkling to immediately pop out of the ink puddle when the user uses down b again after laying it down. They will instantly zip from anywhere on the map and immediately pop out of the puddle if puddle hasn't been slipped on. Puddle disappears after use of teleporting so players would have to lay it down again. The Ink Splat also disappears once an opponent slips over it.

Side special: Ink Shot - Kinda like the FLUDD, but can temporarily slow down opponents, depends on the opponents percent, can be mashed out of.

Up special: Inkling Rocket - Inkling morphs into a squid and shoots strait up.

Neutral Special: Ink Bomb - Inkling throws out a Ink Ball, like the sticky bomb it will detonate once timer runs out can be passed on to opponents when passed. On detonation, ink bomb will go off and victim will be encased in a wrapping that will leave them immobilized. (Think Yoshi's Egg Lay) Victim can mash out of the move, though harder to do at higher percents.

Final Smash?
[collapse=Ink Nuke]
Upon activating the Final Smash a column of Ink will pour down and gradually expand in a dome. Think a cross between the Starfox Smart Bomb and Luigi's Negative Zone in Brawl. Those caught in the dome can be encased in an Ink wrapping as a finisher effect of the nuke.

[/collapse]

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I like to think the leak is legit, but I'm not going to fight with those who disagree.

Shulk and Chrom (I.E a 3rd FE character) are reasons for me to be extremely happy so I'd like to think its true

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never played Shulk's game, and Fire Emblem characters have a hard time impressing me when they are superficially the same

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Clearly Captain Toad is better because playing as characters is a sin.

Alternatively, because shut up.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
See, the thing I'm trying to say is that HAL obviously doesn't see Bandana Dee as a slightly different mook. Appearing in the past 6 of 26 games alongside the main cast, more than practically any character minus Whispy, Kracko, and the generic enemies from Dream Land like Bronto Burt and Waddle Doo, and being brought back time and time again should say plenty.

As for what I quoted originally, that was the wrong post for what I was trying to say, and I apologize.

@ MSmariosonic MSmariosonic : Mii Fighters. Especially Swordsman.
The Mii fighters don't represent the Find Mii universe.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just find it kinda silly when people don't believe the Gematsu leak when we're three characters away from it being right, with the entire first leak being proven correct.

All we're missing is Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men.

More power to you if you don't believe it, but I just find it a TAD silly.

@ MSmariosonic MSmariosonic : They're still Miis. Miis in Smash don't represent any series; their symbol is the Smash symbol. You can use the same Mii in both Find Mii and Smash. How do they not count?

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Wait I just noticed... Is that you Habanero? (I just NOW looked at the I.D thing) Long time no see, I was wondering who the new grumpy Shulk supporter was. But then I realized it was you :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And Nintendo is apparently seeing the same ideals with Captain Toad. Which is the thing I'm trying to say.

It's all right bro.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I just find it kinda silly when people don't believe the Gematsu leak when we're three characters away from it being right, with the entire first leak being proven correct.

All we're missing is Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men.

More power to you if you don't believe it, but I just find it a TAD silly.
There are alot of things that people should believe yet they don't. That's what I find silly.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I like to think the leak is legit, but I'm not going to fight with those who disagree.

Shulk and Chrom (I.E a 3rd FE character) are reasons for me to be extremely happy so I'd like to think its true
Yeah, I agree the leak appears to be legit. Especially, with hints of the sneaky spirits in smash run, i pretty am convinced.

I'm stumped. I really can't make a counter-point to something full of so much truth.

I yield.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Why!? Why do leaks exist!? Who do people search for leaks. I wanted to be surprised. Anticipation for Smash 4 has been ruined for me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm just waiting for the Mechon or something to start showing up.
That's fine but you don't have to make us non-Gematsu worshipers feel like idiots in the process.
I didn't. I said I thought it was a little silly, and that's it. Not sure why you quoted me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom