• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But gais, Eren is too big to be plaeable! He maight taeke up all of the screen with his nude appearance. :troll:

D

Deleted member

So who here's gonna be drinking all the tears of the salty fans who set their expectations way too high for an EVO character reveal? :troll:

But gais, Eren is too big to be plaeable!
Eh, he's smaller than Ridley.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Skyward Sword discussion? Things I liked:

1. I loved Skyloft. I liked the fact that it was a community that actually cared about Link and that he had a relationship with just about everyone there. Twilight Princess sort of tried this but it wasn't convincing enough and Ilia was the only character that seemed to have any real attachment to him.

2. The orchestrated music. Don't lie, even if you hated the game, the boss theme for Moldarach/Koloktos got your blood pumping.

3. Adding the stamina meter. I liked the fact that you could actually run and it made climbing a little more tricky. It made things a little more realistic in my eyes. I also liked the fact that your shield could break and you didn't get an unbreakable shield until nearly the end of the game.

4. Great cast of characters. Groose and Ghirahim were obviously the best new additions while the incarnations of Zelda and Impa in this game were easily the best in the franchise. Like many people, I also found Fi annoying but I didn't find her any worse than Navi.

5. Made aspects of exploring and fighting more like puzzles. I liked that if you swung your sword mindlessly that you'd get wrecked most of the time.

6. Boss rush mode and Hero mode. Both were long overdue for Zelda in my opinion and I've wanted both since Ocarina of Time.
1. I actually like Skyloft a lot too, it's definitely the best hubworld in Zelda, mainly because unlike Kokiri Forest, or Ordon, or Outset Island, it actually stays relevant for the whole game.

2. I did enjoy the music a lot, but I did feel it lacked the charm of previous Zelda games' music. Like many orchestral soundtracks, I enjoyed the tracks while I was hearing them, but I couldn't recall many of them outside of the gameplay.

3. The Stamina meter is definitely a good addition, though I feel like it should have been able to be upgraded like health as there were parts were it drained too fast for my liking (like the underwater sequences). The Shield meter is a good additon as well, and I also love how versatile the Shield Bash is.

4. No complaints here, obviously. :p Though while Fi was somewhat annoying, I ultimately liked her because while she did nag you, she was also extremely useful at times.

5. No complaints.

6. Yes. Both of these features are good additions and Lightning Round was really intense (but getting the Shield is worth it :)). I do wish Hero Mode actually had remixed dungeons though.

Things I didn't like:

1. Not a lot of creative items aside from the beetle. I did like that you could upgrade most of the items though.

2. Fi was annoying. She could have been a great character but I don't understand why they decided to make her so cold and emotionless.

3. Motion controls were only annoying for some of the parts for me like fitting the boss door keys exactly in the right spot.

4. I thought Demise was a terrible final boss. They basically just smashed Ganondorf and Akuma from Street Fighter into one character.

Overall, I'd rate the game a B. It's the worst 3D Zelda but definitely not the worst Zelda game (that title would go to Phantom Hourglass). I think time will be a lot more forgiving of it because I remember how a lot of people were equally outraged by Wind Waker and Twilight Princess but now they're considered classics. I think it added a lot of new elements that could easily be improved upon in future Zelda games and it took far more risks than most previous Zelda games. Some things worked while others didn't but I still think it was a solid title, just not totally up to snuff with typical Legend of Zelda standards.
1. This is true. Although the Bow and Bombs did become a lot more versatile in this game, which was cool. The upgrading was good, but the fact you couldn't steal crafting materials from enemies with the Whip (like Wind Waker's Grappling Hook) is sorely disappointing.

2. Personally, if they'd exaggerated her robotic emotions more fore comic relief I would've thought she was perfect. "I can't let you do that, Link". Alas, she is quite bland with little character development. She is pretty, imo, and the dancing sequences were cool, to me at least.

3. My biggest gripe with Motion Controls was flying and swimming. Other than that they were fine, though the Boss Key thing is also somewhat annoying, especially in the later dungeons.

4. I didn't have an issue with Demise himself, it's the lack of Ghirahim that disappointed me. It would have been cool to fight Demise and then Ghirahim to to break out of the sword super pissed and be the real Final Boss.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeeeeaaahh...

no

Any "leak" telling us something will be revealed at a very specific time is full of ****.

And, somewhat knowing Sakurai, 50 bucks says the remaing newcomers will barely cover the biggest fan requested characters (I bet Shulk, Chrom, & Chorus Men are still in but besides that I have extremely low expectations of other most wanteds).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I have a childish sense of humour. I changed every song so far into fart jokes.

On Tomodachi Life... I guess I forgot to mention this. lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeeeeaaahh...

no

Any "leak" telling us something will be revealed at a very specific time is full of ****.

And, somewhat knowing Sakurai, 50 bucks says the remaing newcomers will barely cover the biggest fan requested characters (I bet Shulk, Chrom, & Chorus Men are still in but besides that I have extremely low expectations of other most wanteds).
The sad thing is that while this is obviously fake, people will worship it if by some small chance, Wario is revealed this week.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What disturbing video?
I'm assuming he's referring to this one:

My thoughts pretty much verbatim.
Well done. Seems very unbiased, too, I could never accomplish that. Also, the point about Skyloft is something I sort of knew, but didn't really know how to explain, so thanks for that.
You're welcome. I liked the sense of community that Skyloft created that made Link feel a part of something bigger. Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game that wasn't "here's a sword, you're a hero, go hit stuff" at the beginning but I didn't find the awakenings of Link in Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess all that convincing. With Ocarina of Time, here you have a community that raised him from a baby and everyone talks to him like a gas station clerk. Hell, there's really no point in talking to any of the Kokori aside from Saria, the shop keeper, and Mido. Twilight Princess had much of the same problem and, aside from Ilia and the Mayor, you could largely ignore the other villagers, including Colin who idolizes you. Wind Waker did it a little bit better because there are several side quests that involve a few of the villagers later in the game but there wasn't all that much of a connection aside from your grandma and Orca. It's weird to say but I felt like Link had more of connection with the people of Windfall than Outset which I didn't think was right.

For Skyward Sword, I felt like "Link's awakening" was genuine and the quest was something that actually interrupted his perfectly average life. He was going to school where he had friends and even bullies (which I found great for a number of reasons). He had upper classmen that he looked up to and, despite being good at flying, he wasn't the top of his class or super special. I liked that there was romantic tension between him and Zelda but that bubble never really burst because there wouldn't have been much of a point to it story wise (whether his friend or girlfriend, it was obvious that Zelda was important enough to him to risk trying to save). I like that nearly all the villagers have their own problems and Link tries to help with them. I like that each of their homes has their own sort of flair. I like that it felt like an actual town where you actually don't mind exploring it and randomly barging into people's houses just to see what you can find. You really got a sense that Link had lived here all his life and that everybody knew him, just like in a real small town.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This drink has too many seeds.
"That lemon has three seeds in it. THAT'S AN ODD NUMBER! You know I can't eat anything odd-numbered!"
"Well, then I'll just take it out."
"NO! IT'S ALREADY TAINTED BY THE BAD LEMON! It won't work."

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'll only believe leaks when everything on them is revealed. Not before.

Though I do find the Gematsu supporters rather biased, in a funny way. When other leaks get something wrong but another thing right it automatically gets screamed fake, but when the Gematsu Leak does the same thing a plethora of excuses are made.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

Though I do find the Gematsu supporters rather biased, in a funny way. When other leaks get something wrong but another thing right it automatically gets screamed fake, but when the Gematsu Leak does the same thing a plethora of excuses are made.
Except Gematsu was never wrong- the original post said "My unlikely predictions:" It never said at E3. It was in an E3 speculation thread, yes, but Sal himself never said they all had to come at the same time during the 2013 E3. He's been correct so far,

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Exactly.

There are a lot of discrepancies for the leak, such as the fact he claims that they're deciding between cutting Lucas or Ness, when A) Ness isn't going anywhere, and B) they wouldn't be deciding that now, the game's practically finished.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Except Gematsu was never wrong- the original post said "My unlikely predictions:" It never said at E3. It was in an E3 speculation thread, yes, but Sal himself never said they all had to come at the same time during the 2013 E3. He's been correct so far,
Wait, I thought it was for E3.
SmashWiki even confirms it.
"Before E3 2013, the owner of the gaming site Gematsu, Sal Romano, claimed to have received an email from an anonymous source claiming to know which newcomers would be introduced at E3 2013."
Oh hey, will you look at that.

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Well, I remember in the E3 discussion thread, roughly 10 minutes before Nintendo's Digital E3 event started when the Mii Fighters were revealed, someone posted that there was another Gematsu leak containing Mii Fighters. Specifically called Mii Fighters, not just Miis like everyone predicted.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
No no... I mean... you are ranting.. and Kratos looks like a dude who would rant....

Yeah.. I don't know what 'irony' is.
Well, he does yell alot...most of them time its unneeded.

He likes to blame people for things he did. Tis why I sympathize with the Olympians and not Kratos c:

"Hey Kratos, can you stop killing people for a little bit please?"
"NO. -kills more family members-

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, I love that any post that even slightly suggests something somewhat negative about Ghirahim will always get a Like from CliffJumper.

Always.

EDIT: Does that even count as negative?

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Also, I love that any post that even slightly suggests something somewhat negative about Ghirahim will always get a Like from CliffJumper.
Every post that says something negative about Krystal always gets a like from me.
inb4 someone likes negative comments about Snake.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I actually doubt we'll get anymore Zelda characters except Ganondorf.
With Tingle going down in flames, I could see Tetra being made into DLC and somehow being a semi-clone of Sheik but I feel like that's the only possible Zelda related addition at this point. If Hyrule Warriors does well, I could see Impa being in the running for the next Smash but I strongly doubt the initial release of SSB4 will see anyone new Zelda wise.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Wait, I thought it was for E3.
SmashWiki even confirms it.
"Before E3 2013, the owner of the gaming site Gematsu, Sal Romano, claimed to have received an email from an anonymous source claiming to know which newcomers would be introduced at E3 2013."
Oh hey, will you look at that.
>believing a wiki
>2014
Didn't you go to school? Wikipedia isn't a valid source.

Either way, Shulk and Chrom were super likely anyways and Rhythm Heaven is insanely popular in Japan. Those are the only 3 left on his list.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I guess I started it, I should give my opinion.

Without leaks and considering DLC, the most likely newcomers (in no particular order):

- Ridley
- Shulk
- King K Rool / Dixie Kong
- Robin
- Shulk
- Ghirahim (come at me)
- Krystal
- Captain Toad
- Mewtwo (with Mega evos, of course)

I feel like I'm missing someone, but I can't recall...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Prime example of what I was talking about, right here.

>believing a wiki
>2014

Either way, Shulk and Chrom were super likely anyways and Rhythm Heaven is insanely popular in Japan. Those are the only 3 left on his list.
Hey lookie there, another prime example.

Sal's "leaker" has indeed been wrong, this is even ignoring E3 2013 (even though Sal later did say that the leaker told him they would have all been at E3) as proof of this post http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ano-gematsu-leak.353570/page-52#post-16866157.

- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
If that ain't partially correct and partially incorrect then this is world is in trouble.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Without leaks and considering DLC, the most likely newcomers (in no particular order):

- Ridley
- Shulk
- Robin
- Shulk
- Commodore Norrington
- Prowl
- Krystal
- Captain Toad

Fixed! :troll:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

- Ridley
- Shulk
- Robin
- Shulk
- Ghirahim (come at me)
- Krystal
- Captain Toad

Inkling should fit the bill for DLC.

Better then Captain Toad anyway. Way way way way way better.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
>believing a wiki
>2014

Well I'm sorry to have offended you. I'll be on my way then.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Inkling should fit the bill for DLC.

Better then Captain Toad anyway. Way way way way way better.
Sorry, going to have to disagree on that.
Captain Toad's been around way longer than Inklings. Unless the DLC is coming out, like, a year after the game's release, I can't see that happening.

Plus, Captain Toad is Toad with a headlamp.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Sorry, going to have to disagree on that.
Captain Toad's been around way longer than Inklings. Unless the DLC is coming out, like, a year after the game's release, I can't see that happening.

Plus, Captain Toad is Toad with a headlamp.
Captain Toad didn't even officially exist until E3 2014, he was just a fanmade character until them. So no, he has not been around longer and would have had no consideration before E3 2014.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Wait... You're actually resorting to talking about Smash? What happened to this thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom