• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Great! I'll take two!
Well great! If you call right now, we'll double the offer, and send you 2 Rock Smashes for the low price of $19.99. BUT I'M STILL NOT DONE! To make this the best scam offer on the web, I'll triple the offer, and send you 3 Rock Smashes for the same low price of $19.99!

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Well great! If you call right now, we'll double the offer, and send you 2 Rock Smashes for the low price of $19.99. BUT I'M STILL NOT DONE! To make this the best scam offer on the web, I'll triple the offer, and send you 3 Rock Smashes for the same low price of $19.99!
(I read this in Billy Mays voice) I don't know, it doesn't have the option for 12 easy payments of 19.99 like the guy behind Home Depot was offering me...

D

Deleted member

Oh god, whoever made this Ridley Lombardi hack is the best. This looks so funny ingame!

Though this song doesn't quite work for a platforming segment...

Last edited by a moderator:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm not going to keep arguing this because you sound like one of those pre-Brawl anti-35 roster types, but looking at what Sal posted, there's nothing wrong with it- Palutena's name in Japan does have the Goddess in front of it, just like how in America, Pit constantly refers to her as "Lady Palutena", just like he did in her reveal trailer. On the official US Brawl website, it says "Pikmin and Olimar" but in the US version of the game, it only says Olimar. Are you going to tell me that he's not in the game because his name was wrong? Of course not. And the second part was Sal himself speculating the others would be announced. That's not a fact, that was speculation. It's common theory that Sal's leaker got his hands on this information super early, as evident by the "Pokemon from X/Y" character. Sakurai himself said it was a placeholder. The leaker has been correct on 8 of 11 characters, not even including the Sneak Spirits who've shown up in Smash Run and all but confirmed the Chorus Men. You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it. Deny all you want, but deep down you know it's true, just like Brawl's roster when it leaked. Disappointment is what Sakurai's rosters are made of.
Which one is the fool.

The one who is skeptical and will not believe anything until it is factually proven.

Or the one who believes things blindly, whether they are false or not.

And you are assuming I actually care if the leak is legit or not. News flash, I don't give a damn if those are the characters. Most of the characters I would even want have literally no chance in the 9 depths of hell to get in. The only minor bug about it is Chrom, but that is very low and I could honestly care less in the long run. I'm anti-any leak, until it is proven without a doubt to be true. Which in this case, it hasn't and won't be until every character that has been "leaked" is revealed. I also wasn't around for the Brawl leaks, but I would not have believe any of them if I was until they were proven true (aka when all the info on them was offically revealed before them are the game is out and confirms them itself).

Fine, you believe the leak. Good for you. Want a cookie? I don't care.

What I don't appreciate is how you, and other, try to shove it down others throats who refuse to believe it till everything is confirmed.

I'll give you this much however, there is a good chance that the leak might be true, but that still doesn't mean I believe it to be true. Deep down I do not know if it is true or not and there is no reason for me to be disappointed if it does end up being true.

Basically it is a case a guilty till proven innocent beyond a questionable doubt.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I always say that I want the chorus men to get in to make people think the leak is "100% true" for some reason, and then have the rest of the unannounced newcomers have nothing to do with the leak so it turns out to be wrong anyway.

I will laugh the greatest laugh that there ever was.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I always say that I want the chorus men to get in to make people think the leak is "100% true" for some reason, and then have the rest of the unannounced newcomers have nothing to do with the leak so it turns out to be wrong anyway.

I'd prefer Chrom and Shulk get confirmed then Chorus Men revealed as assists

kylexv

Smash Master
The only problem with this though...
"He also said that he was connected with the user on the Brawl board who had leaked Brawl’s character roster."

If he's referring to Chaos Zero, he already said he doesn't know anything this time around.
Well, if we get Wario soon, people will start to believe. Or it will just be that other leak with Falco all over again.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The general rule is that if someone predicts a particular character will be revealed in a certain time frame, it won't be that character if anyone is revealed at all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just remembered when I had these two black girls as customers and their dogs name was "White girl"

D

Deleted member

The general rule is that if someone predicts a particular character will be revealed in a certain time frame, it won't be that character if anyone is revealed at all.
"And if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." - probably the mentality these fakers use regarding which characters will be revealed next in order to dupe people.

D

Deleted member

I would drink so many tears if that happened...

"WTF! WE WAIT SO LONG FOR A DK STAGE AND YOU GIVE US THIS?!"
"THIS STAEG SUX"
"WHES K ROOL?"
"#BANNED!"
"NOT A CHARACTER = FILLER"

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I would drink so many tears if that happened...

"WTF! WE WAIT SO LONG FOR A DK STAGE AND YOU GIVE US THIS?!"
"THIS STAEG SUX"
"WHES K ROOL?"
"#BANNED!"
"NOT A CHARACTER = FILLER"
DONKEY KONG IS PART OF THIS STAGE, SO HE"S NOT IN SMASH! PANIC!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Too bad anniversaries are extremely undependable for PotD reveals.

In fact, it's been MONTHS since the last PotD that was celebrating a game's release. So I expect nothing big tomorrow.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As the one person who actually doesn't hate the stage, I'd be completely fine with that.
I don't "hate" anything in Smash.
If I don't particularly care for it, I won't play on it.

I never hated any stage, but I didn't care for the the vertical scrollers.
I never played on those, but I did like playing on 75m.

I'm not in 24/7 EVERY DAY IS A TOURNAMENT LOLOLOL mode like a lot of people

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
You forgot one.

"75m? That's a funny way to spell Gangplank Galleon"
The K. Rool thread would explode if Sakurai reveals a Gangplank Galleon stage tomorrow.

In fact, it's been MONTHS since the last PotD that was celebrating a game's release. So I expect nothing big tomorrow.
I know. I don't expect anything big either. The most we will get of the anniversary is probably a pic of Mario and DK with the comment referring to their birthdays.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't "hate" anything in Smash.
If I don't particularly care for it, I won't play on it.

I never hated any stage, but I didn't care for the the vertical scrollers.
I never played on those, but I did like playing on 75m.

I'm not in 24/7 EVERY DAY IS A TOURNAMENT LOLOLOL mode like a lot of people
That's the best part; the give you the option to remove stages from random. They give you the option to disable specific items, or not play with them at all. We just need random character switch, and we'll be all set.

Speaking of which...anyone think Mii will be able to be chosen from the random box? I think no.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

The last one was Diddy's reveal celebrating Tropical Freeze's release. So yeah, we probably might not get what we're expecting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Two things I want to talk about. Type about? I don't even know.

One,I got a feeling Mother 3 would still get major representation (even if Lucas is cut.) Mainly because if Smash 3DS gets a new Mother stage,it's going to most likely be a Mother 3 stage. Cause,you know,the handheld stages and the whatnots.

Secondly,I'm just waiting for someone to say (type? eh.) that Gematsu is from the future. If there is that one person,I will laugh if I see it.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is the topic 75m?

I used to play on it sometimes, due to walkoff shenanigans, but never in a serious match.

I like the stage less than New Pork City, actually.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Even then, I still wouldn't believe till all the character are confirmed. Because frankly, I find Chorus Men more like then Chrom.

I predicted that Marth was going to be the next reveal before he was revealed. I didn't predict the time he would be revealed though lol.

75m is actually one of my more favorite stages from Brawl when just playing for the heck of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom