• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Why have Noss when you can have Locust?
He's a little too cloney for my tastes. That, and he keeps destroying our crops without remorse. Yeah yeah, I know he has to eat for his survival, but what about the rest of us? The poor Chorus Kids might not survive the winter if he keeps up at this rate.

But I can't really complain since I got Chairzard.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't really care about the Miis either way because 1. I got Palutena, the only newcomer I really cared a lot about, and 2. It just means their inclusion is out of the way next game.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Considering the amount of effort he put into them (way too much), I think it's understandable.
I suppose, but he should know that fans are really expecting to see more of other characters, even the confirmed characters, more skin alts, moves, something.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh hey, I just remembered that today is my two year anniversary to this site.

Not including the one account I made here back when I was in 6th/7th grade that I didn't use at all.

Anyway, happy smashboards birthday to me.
*sad party whistle*

EDIT: Found that profile. Made it in the summer between 6th and 7th grades. 7 years ago. I was 11. Yeesh.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I suppose, but he should know that fans are really expecting to see more of other characters, even the confirmed characters, more skin alts, moves, something.
sakurai likes keep things hidden until the last min it's in his nature to show something was either already shown or we already known

If I can't have Lucina, we can't have Kumatora either.
lucina is in the game technically

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Please....somebody give me another box.
First, I would advise you not to seek consolation in whether a given character is in a video game or not, for the things of this earth are fleeting, and no human dealings are certain.
So here's a box for you :3

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
First, I would advise you not to seek consolation in whether a given character is in a video game or not, for the things of this earth are fleeting, and no human dealings are certain.
So here's a box for you :3

I figured you for another wanderin' spirit...
How many yearz has it been since a physical bein'
wandered into this world...? Very strange indeed...

Rightly so,
the world is controlled by chance and chaos.
Anythin' can 'appen as quick as a wink.
Nobody knowz.
Somethin' you 'ave today may be gone tomorrow.
Just like this berry I'm 'oldin'.

Important stuff, irreplaceable stuff:
all theze may come to 'arm with superlative eaze.

And wot'z frightenin' is...
There be absolutely no meanin'
to wot 'appens in our
daily livez...

Meanin' is non-existent.
No matter wot'z born, lost or changed...
It'z beyond calculation.
There be no one
or nothin'
watchin' over you...
Such is life.

-- Sprigg, Chrono Cross

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I figured you for another wanderin' spirit...
How many yearz has it been since a physical bein'
wandered into this world...? Very strange indeed...

Rightly so,
the world is controlled by chance and chaos.
Anythin' can 'appen as quick as a wink.
Nobody knowz.
Somethin' you 'ave today may be gone tomorrow.
Just like this berry I'm 'oldin'.

Important stuff, irreplaceable stuff:
all theze may come to 'arm with superlative eaze.

And wot'z frightenin' is...
There be absolutely no meanin'
to wot 'appens in our
daily livez...

Meanin' is non-existent.
No matter wot'z born, lost or changed...
It'z beyond calculation.
There be no one
or nothin'
watchin' over you...
Such is life.
I disagree completely, sir!
First, there are many things which are of great certainty. The universe is an absolutely consistent and cogent whole in its laws which can be examined to extract the general that accurately reflects the particular. There is in a sense no chaos, as everything is causal in nature.
Second, if you proclaim that nobody can know, if it's beyond calculation, then you contradict yourself insofar as you imply that you can know that you cannot know, but if what you say is true then you cannot know that you cannot know.
To more accurately reflect my sentiment, I should say 'all humans will be presented with the temptation to break the confidence and trust others place in them. One should be wary and ready to forgive if they choose so', and further, 'the concerns of whether a character is in a video game or not should not be significant as to create a loss of sleep, for the teleological fulfillment of man is of much greater scope than our own satisfaction in recognition of taste being accepted by a larger group.'
:D
Cynical? That's exactly what happened?
All the DLC characters are just rehashed Avatars, with the exception of Marth, who uses Lucina's model without the mask.
Yes, but, that does not necessitate sloth or laziness. Unless you have some privy knowledge, you have insufficient information to determine the intent and character of the decision to simply mix-and-match the Avatar choices rather than to create unique models for all.

Edit: Now, I must sleep. goodnight, dear friends!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, but, that does not necessitate sloth or laziness. Unless you have some privy knowledge, you have insufficient information to determine the intent and character of the decision to simply mix-and-match the Avatar choices rather than to create unique models for all.
Are you trolling?

They made new artwork for all the DLC characters, but didn't create models for any of them.
There's no way that's anything but a lack of effort.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
More like if they had specified budgets for DLC (IIRC they're all free, aren't they?), that time in the modelling departments was best left for other things.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Whoops, I just assumed it was all free seeing as the 5 or so days I was nearby someone playing it they had it all and I didn't think they were the type to care. Seeing as they didn't use any of them at all either I just assumed it was a superfluous extra content.

If their DLC model was "New Official Character Art" with meagre in-game representation (when model archetypes exist), it isn't a fault of laziness/misplaced effort (the effort of new art =/= the effort of any other form of production). A scope was set and a cost for it was calculated and it was executed with those two things in mind.

A company cannot just afford to go all out on every venture. I'm sure the standard will only go up over the years (seeing it's initial success), and the thing worth complaining about will be whether the costs of these DLC are equated to the work involved. But when you have to consider a company context, in which investments are more often than not giving negative returns, can't really blame them.

Once capitalism dies (any day now :p) and the economy shifts into crowd sourcing/transparent ventures (that or extreme right fascism/totalitarianism happens first [*shock and horror* 1984 is actually set in 2034 and just because we have portable telescreens doesn't mean they aren't telescreens]) all these problems will die with it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom