• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is leaking the Ice Climbers really that big a deal?

We already have the Polar Bears in Smash Run, and they've been in two Smash games already. The Ice Climbers have as much chance to be cut as Wario and G&W.
It's a big deal because it's obviously fake :troll:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
You know what would be so hype, if they modified the fludd.

See the fludd has 2 other modifications

Fludd hover nozzle
(In Sunshine when your Fludd is filled with water you would use this while in mid air to shoot water outward from under you to hover for a small period of time for better footing)

and fludd rocket nozzle

(In Sunshine you charge this up till it's at full capacity then release to shoot in the air)

Yes the original use can still be possible. But what if you charge it up then save it for later and use down b when your in the air. It could be the hover nozzle or the rocket nozzle kind of recovery.

Or to make it a little more balanced, a charged up fludd would automatically do the hover nozzle (Down B) when used mid-air

And the rocket nozzle can only happen when you charge down b while in mid air then when you release he rockets upwards but does a helpless fall afterwards (same with hover nozzle), cannot charge rocket nozzle on the ground because that's the regular fludd move.

This would give more originality to Mario instead of just copying the fludd over from brawl.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Fludd hover nozzle
(In Sunshine when your Fludd is filled with water you would use this while in mid air to shoot water outward from under you to hover for a small period of time for better footing)

and fludd rocket nozzle

(In Sunshine you charge this up till it's at full capacity then release to shoot in the air)

Yes the original use can still be possible. But what if you charge it up then save it for later and use down b when your in the air. It could be the hover nozzle or the rocket nozzle kind of recovery.

Or to make it a little more balanced, a charged up fludd would automatically do the hover nozzle (Down B) when used mid-air

And the rocket nozzle can only happen when you charge down b while in mid air then when you release he rockets upwards but does a helpless fall afterwards (same with hover nozzle), cannot charge rocket nozzle on the ground because that's the regular fludd move.

This would give more originality to Mario instead of just copying the fludd over from brawl.
Mario is a pretty original character to begin with... Aren't you describing a recovery almost exactly like, say, Diddy Kong's?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Fludd hover nozzle

and fludd rocket nozzle

They DO have a cool customization variation in Smash Bros where Mario sprays scalding water out of the F.L.U.D.D. instead. Also a High Pressure variation too.

smash_mario_moveset-524x295.jpg

I like the idea of spraying scalding water all over people. It's so mean and nasty but oh so perfect.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Sup' guys! Got my Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle on Friday! I am loving it! First good race I have had so far:
Mind you, I'm building up to the harder stuff. I'm about to start my 150cc Cups and then once that's complete, I'll advance on to online lol because if there is one thing I've discovered today, I have some training to do. lol

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Sup' guys! Got my Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle on Friday! I am loving it! First good race I have had so far:
Mind you, I'm building up to the harder stuff. I'm about to start my 150cc Cups and then once that's complete, I'll advance on to online lol because if there is one thing I've discovered today, I have some training to do. lol
I did 150cc first.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
you should do mirror after 150cc and show off the gold kart online

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Mario is a pretty original character to begin with... Aren't you describing a recovery almost exactly like, say, Diddy Kong's?
Yeah..

But the rocket nozzle only goes straight upward and down-b instead of up-b. :urg:

I know Fludd is already original but they could of made it a little more gimicky like in Sunshine. It was like Squirtle's water gun.

I do like the customizations though, but I was thinking on lines of recovery.

Bleh, I just want to make fludd a little more likable, and get used more often then just being a forgotten move like Zelda's down b in Melee.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I did 150cc first.
With any Mario Kart game. I tend to start with 50cc then work my way up.
...Not because I can't handle it. But it's the compulsive completionist in me that makes me do it all. Because I have to make sure everything completed, everything. Can't miss a single cup.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I did 150cc first.
It's been a while since I've played anything, I wanted to build up to it. Plus, 150cc is overall more fun than 100cc and 50cc so I'm pretty much saving the best for last.
you should do mirror after 150cc and show off the gold kart online
Oh, is that how you get it? Awesome, I'll definitely do that (I totally forgot about Mirror mode).

ALSO, me and my brother (who has an account on here he never uses @Wolfen McGunz ) have just recorded a video talking about Smash stuff. It'll be on in a couple of days but you should check out his channel, me and him have been Nintendo nerds our whole life (him more so).

But subscribe to his channel, watch his videos, and look out for mine and his thoughts on the upcoming Smash game based on all the rumors and reveals up to now.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgzkhQFdif0AasZ2riyDAxg

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's been a while since I've played anything, I wanted to build up to it. Plus, 150cc is overall more fun than 100cc and 50cc so I'm pretty much saving the best for last.

Oh, is that how you get it? Awesome, I'll definitely do that (I totally forgot about Mirror mode).

ALSO, me and my brother (who has an account on here he never uses @Wolfen McGunz ) have just recorded a video talking about Smash stuff. It'll be on in a couple of days but you should check out his channel, me and him have been Nintendo nerds our whole life (him more so).

But subscribe to his channel, watch his videos, and look out for mine and his thoughts on the upcoming Smash game based on all the rumors and reveals up to now.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgzkhQFdif0AasZ2riyDAxg
Well to get the gold kart you need to get at least a star rank on every cup including the mirror ones

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
With any Mario Kart game. I tend to start with 50cc then work my way up.
...Not because I can't handle it. But it's the compulsive completionist in me that makes me do it all. Because I have to make sure everything completed, everything. Can't miss a single cup.
In Mario Kart 8, doing, say, 150cc with 3 stars will also get 50cc and 100cc with 3 stars, so THERE IS NO EXCUSE

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I won't move on to the next cup until I've gotten 3 in the previous.
Good luck with that. Short of dumb luck, the bots will almost certainly be breathing down your neck with Red/Green/Blue Shells during the last stretch.

Every. Single. Time.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Good luck with that. Short of dumb luck, the bots will almost certainly be breathing down your neck with Red/Green/Blue Shells during the last stretch.

Every. Single. Time.
I'm having the worst of luck trying to 3 Star everything in Mirror Mode. MK8 stirs up so much rage within.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I got to play MK8 at a Smashfest today, actually.

I wasn't all that impressed by it, however. It's a fun distraction for a little bit, but that's as far as it could ever go for me.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I got to play MK8 at a Smashfest today, actually.

I wasn't all that impressed by it, however. It's a fun distraction for a little bit, but that's as far as it could ever go for me.
I don't see how people are playing this particular one competitively. The random item distribution irks me. Getting a Crazy Eight in 2nd place shouldn't happen...ever

Still great for fun though. All the raging gets the adrenaline going :p

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X

Every. Single. Time.
I'm not new to the disadvantages that the came throws at the players with their OP bots and dreaded blue turtleshells so I know what to expect lol. But the challenge is what makes the game fun. I've got one more cup to beat on 100cc and then it's off to the big 150cc.

I did just order a Wii U Pro controller as I played with my brother today who was using it and I felt like he had a much better advantage at the game than I did with my crappy Wii Wheel lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After rewatching There Will Be Brawl, I'm definitely excited for the possible prequel that might happen. All that needs to happen is for the former crew to take what they can from Smash Wii U and 3DS a year after both titles' launch. There are a few reasons why I think a prequel is more likelier than a sequel:

• Rosalina a newcomer despite being canonically killed off by the Game & Watch Octopus in the climax
  • Mac is a newcomer, though his actor has to be changed to reflect his Punch Out Wii appearance.
  • The Villager could intentionally influence Kirby to be the monster he was in the story.
  • There was a Wii Fit advertisement in the first episode and Miss Fit could easily be an antagonist that would influence in the Mushroom Kingdom going downhill.
  • The Miis could also be the counterpart to "The Old Ones" as the creatures that could cause to the kingdom's destruction.
So much potential they could do with the content and characters that could appear in the next Smash titles and there is many gaps to fill in like how did Nintendo's new ways lead to the Mushroom Kingdom's downfall and why Kirby had become the monster he was. Here's to hoping that Matthew Mercer and Kyle Herbert are aware of the game's growing hype and the fans' yearn for a new iteration to There Will Be Brawl.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The only acceptable circumstance is that they get someone besides Matt to play Chrom, because that would be too obvious.

And if they just paint the Kirby costume yellow to make Pac-Man.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The only acceptable circumstance is that they get someone besides Matt to play Chrom, because that would be too obvious.

And if they just paint the Kirby costume yellow to make Pac-Man.
Oh, just imagine how frightening a psychotic Pac Man would look. That makes me wonder if Pac Man would be the one who would convince Kirby to be evil from the start, just the idea that foreigners are not meant to be trusted.

Mercer as Chrom would be a downer, just have someone more "pretty boy-esque" play him instead for even more irony and have him be Roy's lover (obviously before he gets murdered by Kirby).

I'm more interested to see who would play the Chorus Men and what role they would play. I'm pretty much sold on Wii Fit Trainer and the Miis being potential antagonists that would screw with the Mushroom Kingdom. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom