• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I love Mr. Jafari you don't even know.
No, that is a thing Jon says.

A lot. Especially when he was on Game Grumps.
That was another Game Grumps reference in one episode EgoRaptor said something about the JonTron show and Jon replied with.
"Don't go be hating on JonTron now... Y'dig?"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Alright, you guys are now giving me a list of things to watch :4pacman:
Sword Art Online is mediocre, so don't expect much quality from that. Interesting premise, but poor execution. This, of course, is my opinion. I'm not trying to detract you from watching it.

Death Note is great. A must-watch.

Attack on Titan is one of the big names of recent anime. Based on a still ongoing manga.

Soul Eater is interesting and was the first anime I watched. Action series with comedy as well as surreal horror. The manga and anime have diverging storylines. I recommend the manga better.

D

Deleted member

This is my favorite

SILENCE.

*organ plays*

I am counting!
GREETINGS, IT IS I, THE COUNT. DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY CALL ME THE COUNT?
*scrolls over*

I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS!

um, okay?

Attack on Titan is one of the big names of recent anime. Based on a still ongoing manga.
Ugh, is the anime still ongoing then? If so, I'll just wait until it ends. I'm terrible at keeping up with things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Alright, you guys are now giving me a list of things to watch :4pacman:
Haruhi. Higurashi. Clannad(pretty much all Key anime). Angel Beats. Steins Gate. The World God Only Knows. Toradora. Anohana. And Haruhi for good measure.

I could tell you why you should watch each of these but my post would be too long.

D

Deleted member

Haruhi. Higurashi. Clannad(pretty much all Key anime). Angel Beats. Steins Gate. The World God Only Knows. Toradora. Anohana. And Haruhi for good measure.

I could tell you why you should watch each of these but my post would be too long.
But how many of the above contain disturbing and/or tragic elements :troll:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
But how many of the above contain disturbing and/or tragic elements :troll:
Steins Gate.

Clannad(pretty much all key anime), Angel Beats, Anohana, and Toradora will make you cry. Every single one of them. So I guess thats pretty tragic :awesome:

If you're looking for horror anime. Higurashi is one. Also Another is pretty creepy. like dang... Its pretty weird. A lot of blood in that one....

Why do all of these terrible things take place in Japanese high schools... I'll never know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why do all of these terrible things take place in Japanese high schools... I'll never know.
I'm still wondering how dubbed anime works; all text is Japanese but everyone speaks English.

It's like Ace Attorney;

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm still wondering how dubbed anime works; all text is Japanese but everyone speaks English.
Its pretty confusing. Especially when one character doesn't speak Japanese originally. Then they talk about how they are bad at speaking Japanese but they are all speaking English.... That actually happened in a dub if I remember correctly.

D

Deleted member

Its pretty confusing. Especially when one character doesn't speak Japanese originally. Then they talk about how they are bad at speaking Japanese but they are all speaking English.... That actually happened in a dub if I remember correctly.
Well of course they're bad at speaking Japanese. That goes without saying :4pacman:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Totally off the anime topic but...
Am I the only one excited for Devil's Third?

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
Talking about tragic anime, I found Sunday Without God pretty depressing, mainly the beginning and of course elfen lied (not sure if someone listed that already). An anime coming out now called Tokyo Ghoul seems pretty dark, but there's only one episode out.. Its hella good!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Talking about tragic anime, I found Sunday Without God pretty depressing, mainly the beginning and of course elfen lied (not sure if someone listed that already). An anime coming out now called Tokyo Ghoul seems pretty dark, but there's only one episode out.. Its hella good!
I really liked Sunday Without God. I wish they'd say something about a second season. Maybe I missed it if they did say something.

The ending was kinda weird though.
The way that [I forgot his name] just showed up at the end??? A lot of shows have been doing that lately... Its kinda dumb that things like that go with no explanation. If theres no second season then thats kind of a dumb ending. Its a good story though. Pretty interesting concept.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I've read some disturbing horror manga in the past, and some tragedies as I'm a bigger manga fan. The first manga I've cried reading was Watashi-tachi no Shiawase na Jikan (Our Happy Hours), which is a slice-of-life tragedy. I've read another manga which I cried, however, it wasn't a tragedy -- I just really related to the protag and the troubles she had to overcome. I NEVER KNEW MANGA COULD BE SO POWERFUL!! *cries*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It can't get any weirder in Sora no Woto. Especially because it doesn't have a dub.

The characters speak japanese, but read and write in French, and can't read Japanese.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Am I the only one who doesn't watch anime?
My avatar is probably a little bit misleading, but I do not watch anime either. I have only seen a couple: Needless, Death Note, Soul Eater, and Full Metal Alchemist. I might be missing one. But I suppose that that is probably more than you have seen. Haha.

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
I really liked Sunday Without God. I wish they'd say something about a second season. Maybe I missed it if they did say something.

The ending was kinda weird though.
The way that [I forgot his name] just showed up at the end??? A lot of shows have been doing that lately... Its kinda dumb that things like that go with no explanation. If theres no second season then thats kind of a dumb ending. Its a good story though. Pretty interesting concept.
I completely agree with you, for me the ending made no sense..maybe too confusing for me hah. I hope there's a second season, i feel it left really empty. The animation is probably my favorite at least, all the characters look amazing.

Hambart (white haired dude) is pretty hot...full homo.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My avatar is probably a little bit misleading, but I do not watch anime either. I have only seen a couple: Needless, Death Note, Soul Eater, and Full Metal Alchemist. I might be missing one. But I suppose that that is probably more than you have seen. Haha.
I watched Inuyasha and Sailor Moon. lol

Does Cardcaptors and Hamtaro count... cause then those aswell.

D

Deleted member

Despite my involvement in the earlier conversation, I have only seen one anime; Madoka. Yes, I haven't even seen Pokemon.
unless Palutena's trailer counts

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It can't get any weirder in Sora no Woto. Especially because it doesn't have a dub.

The characters speak japanese, but read and write in French, and can't read Japanese.
What in the world.... I don't remember if Black Butler was like that. It takes place in Europe (somewhere) So everything is in English. I think they just read everything out loud to cover themselves. I don't think they ever interacted with anything japanese in it. There was a Chinese guy though... (I think he was Chinese)
Because otherwise not enough characters would be wearing sailor suits.
I know right? :awesome:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
It depends if "american dubbed anime on cable" counts. I have also seen Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh. I do not usually consider those "anime" though, I will always interpret them as cartoons.

D

Deleted member

Despite my involvement in the earlier conversation, I have only seen one anime; Madoka. Yes, I haven't even seen Pokemon.
To add to this post, please don't ask how I came across Madoka and decided to watch it...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I watched Inuyasha and Sailor Moon. lol

Does Cardcaptors and Hamtaro count... cause then those aswell.
They count.

Entered with a bang, I see. :laugh: No, seriously, that's hardly one you'd recommend to first-timers.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I watched anime quite frequently when I was a mid-teen, but now I've kind of stopped. However, I still look at Studio Ghibli's filmography every now and then.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It depends if "american dubbed anime on cable" counts. I have also seen Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh. I do not usually consider those "anime" though, I will always interpret them as cartoons.
I've watched about 500 episodes of One Piece in Japanese, and it's probably my favorite anime.
Haha.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I read a manga called Uzumaki, once. I just decided to burn through it in 1 or 2 sittings.

I dare anyone reading this to do the same.

Uzumaki very much tickled my sensibilities, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom