• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The best way with those is to watch a few per day and not try to rush things. You will eventually catch up.
I've caught up on like 30 something live-action shows since I started watching TV more avidly by around 2008. Of them, about half are ongoing shows, which air at various points during the year.

And this doesn't include anime (of which I've seen a couple of dozen shows and movies thus far).

It's certainly doable, if you allow TV to consume a substantial chunk of your free time. ;)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I just hate it when people tell you to watch a show that has like 50 billion episodes. My response is always; "Ugh...there's so much crap to catch up on, it's not even worth it."
Yeah... I get that too lol.

Sometimes you don't have to watch all the episodes. Especially if there's a lot of fillers, you could skip them or just watch the most important episodes. Or you could do what I do and read the manga adaptations instead... I do this mostly cuz I like to speed read. :chuckle:

I'm gonna have to find some more anime to watch this summer as I mostly finished the ones I was currently watching. If only the manga I'm reading will receive anime adaptations. :/

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The people in my region like Madoka..... I haven't watched it myself.... And quite frankly some of the gifs they have posted a while back in the regional boards didn't encourage me to want to watch it.

D

Deleted member

The people in my region like Madoka..... I haven't watched it myself.... And quite frankly some of the gifs they have posted a while back in the regional boards didn't encourage me to want to watch it.
I'm just trying to imagine what gifs could have been posted. I can imagine quite a handful of gifs that could be a major turnoff to the anime...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This Fourth of July for me hasn't been exciting at all, YET. Pretty much all I did was do another Zelda binge for 3 hours straight, spend time with my cats, and lift. Heck I didn't even wash my car like I originally planned, at least there's a pizza I can cook up for tonight.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm just trying to imagine what gifs could have been posted. I can imagine quite a handful of gifs that could be a major turnoff to the anime...
The main one was one that involved some cute blonde girl getting bitten in half, or something like that, by some long black monster with a white mask.

D

Deleted member

I have work tomorrow, so all excitement that could potentially exist just doesn't exist. Bagging groceries and pushing carts is so dull...
Not to mention everything that was supposed to happen today was canceled because of a storm, which appears to be nothing more than a little rain.

The main one was one that involved some cute blonde girl getting bitten in half, or something like that, by some long black monster with a white mask.
Yup. Prime Suspect Number One.
"This episode features Mami! Keep your heads on!"

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd just like to say that if a user known as edlocke is trolling a thread of your favorite character report then Ignore him.

D

Deleted member

Just found the original gif.

Yea..... Not really interested.

Good thing it's spoiler'd.
If you ask me though, that's actually one of the tamer scenes. There is one scene in Episode 7 that still gives me chills. Maybe it's because I've played way too much Mortal Kombat to find decapitation disturbing.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Good thing it's spoiler'd.
If you ask me though, that's actually one of the tamer scenes. There is one scene in Episode 7 that still gives me chills. Maybe it's because I've played way too much Mortal Kombat to find decapitation disturbing.
It's not so much the decapitation just the... thing itself.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's more the way it was done then the decapitation.

I play Gears of War which has limb tearing, heads exploding when you get head shots, bodies being torn apart by explosions, getting cut in half and other various things.

It's just more of the way that gif was done......

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
MUST.
RESIST.
SPOILER.

I'll just say if you think it's appearance is disturbing...just don't watch...
Screw that I have to watch the Fricken thing now.
There's got to be a good reason that happened and why they're in that place.
Which one?
Hyrule Warriors Zelda.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*tries to use my Pokemon team on random matchup*

"There are more than 2 Pokemon that have the same held item"

:crying:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
C'mon guys, don't spoil one of the bigger twist in Madoka Magica. :p

Madoka Magica spoilers
Really, everything after episode 3 is chilling and unsettling. Homura backstory is heartbreaking and tragic for example. As for the decapitation scene, to me it wasn't the actual decapitation rather the build up of Mami being so happy and everything just crashing down. Madoka being heartbroken and learning what it truly means to be a magical girl.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah but have you ever changed an avy in one day no less than 10 times?
Nope that's only for people who are bipolar. :troll:
C'mon guys, don't spoil one of the bigger twist in Madoka Magica. :p

Madoka Magica spoilers
Really, everything after episode 3 is chilling and unsettling. Homura backstory is heartbreaking and tragic for example. As for the decapitation scene, to me it wasn't the actual decapitation rather the build up of Mami being so happy and everything just crashing down. Madoka being heartbroken and learning what it truly means to be a magical girl.
I haven't seen the show at all so if I spoiled anything I apologize.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tone down the spoilers, people. (I'm not saying as a mod, but as a Madoka fan.)

The gif mimgrim posted is when the show starts taking a serious turn, actually.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This is a good video for anyone trying to start playing Smash competitively. It gives a good view of a basic concept.

Don't worry if you think that wave dashing is cheating. This guy proves that it clearly isn't.

also I died laughing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tone down the spoilers, people. (I'm not saying as a mod, but as a Madoka fan.)

The gif mimgrim posted is when the show starts taking a serious turn, actually.
Aw... I was just gonna post the most disturbing scene in my opinion. I had even converted it to gif form myself.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It's not my fault if people click a spoiler tag.
whoops my bad:troll: I didn't realize you'd actually click this let me warn you with my next one

:troll: I see you clicked this one too. Clearly it was my fault

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do it I want to see it just warn everybody of MAJOR spoilers.
There are at least 5 spoiler boxes here; I give you fair warning;

If you don't want anything spoiled, do NOT open these boxes.

This scene scares the crap out of me every time.
My fingers are literally shaking. Only one way to cure this...

This probably would have been better as a PM...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There are at least 5 spoiler boxes here; I give you fair warning;

If you don't want anything spoiled, do NOT open these boxes.

This scene scares the crap out of me every time.
My fingers are literally shaking. Only one way to cure this...

This probably would have been better as a PM...
Ah that's pretty bad I was kind of expecting worse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom