• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's so great to see all this R.O.B. support. The guy gets hated on far too much.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's so great to see all this R.O.B. support. The guy gets hated on far too much.
I've never seen anyone "hate" him per se but yes there are too many people suggesting that he wasn't "good" or "important" enough to appear in this one.
R.O.B has too many fans at this point if he were to get cut there'd be another Mewtwo Uprising.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
In the spirit of Independence Day...
Meet Metal Wolf Chaos, where the President fights in a giant mech suit.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do any of you expect a veteran reveal sometime next week or this month, or hopefully a direct?
I think we'll get one character sometime this month. Just not sure when exactly. I doubt we'll get a direct one month after E3, but who knows? It could happen. If anything, I feel like we'll get one in August.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be fair, I think the ROB hate has died down for the most part... to point that it was a post in the unpopular opinions thread. :laugh: We've come a long way.
Look what I found...

I can recognize Hawking, Einstein, Marie Curie, Tesla, Darwin, Newton and Galileo.

Don't know the rest.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I expect a veteran reveal this month, and a newcomer reveal next month.
I'm hopeful for Snake on Monday since that's his anniversary but I'm not holding my breath though.
If anyone is revealed it should definitely be someone who is speculated to be cut like The Jiggs, or Lucas, or Hell maybe even R.O.B.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm hopeful for Snake on Monday since that's his anniversary but I'm not holding my breath though.
If anyone is revealed it should definitely be someone who is speculated to be cut like The Jiggs, or Lucas.
I don't think anyone's ever been revealed on a Monday...

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think anyone's ever been revealed on a Monday...
You're right but Sakurai breaks his own "Patterns" all the time.
I'm not gonna be let down if he's not revealed then though as it is quite a long shot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it is coincidence, not a pattern.

The only true "pattern" we've seen is characters getting revealed alongside game releases.
Even that "pattern" was broken though; Marth, Peach, and Ike were revealed on completely random dates. In addition, what everyone thought was the ideal time to reveal Yoshi didn't come with a Yoshi reveal.

Just remember; the veterans can attack us anytime, anywhere. Unless it's a weekend.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Even that "pattern" was broken though; Marth, Peach, and Ike were revealed on completely random dates. In addition, what everyone thought was the ideal time to reveal Yoshi didn't come with a Yoshi reveal.

Just remember; the veterans can attack us anytime, anywhere. Unless it's a weekend.
That's the point we were both trying to make.
Sakurai breaks his patterns all the time.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I keep hearing good things about Madoka Magica...

Looks like I know what will be the next anime I'll watch during summer alongside Baccano!, Shaman King and Fullmetal Alchemist (2003).

D

Deleted member

Oh you people who can actually manage to watch something; I'm so bad at watching TV, I can't finish a show that has more than 20 episodes.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
...And I lived mine grinding up Reviver Seeds and hoping that this time I'd beat Primal Dialga. Seriously was I the only one who had a tough time with him?
He's kind of a pushover if I recall in special episode 5 since you're playing as Grovyle and you have Dig. Which is funny since the Dialga of the future is supposed to be stronger.

The one in the main game however...yeah. It's hard.
Even with me being a Treecko with Detect and having a Charmander as a partner with Smokescreen and super-effective moves like Flamethrower. I remember Rock Slide working well, despite not being super-effective against Steel. Strange.

Agreed. In fact, I think everyone in general should have beards. Even women. Especially women.
If not, you lack something as a person.
I don't like having facial hair. I shave every few days.

Not to mention these people may be completely irrelevant to a particular person's life or a person may never have had enough education to learn who they are. As you said, knowing noteworthy scientists (and one psychologist but that's another can of worms in itself) doesn't exactly change anything about a person. They may know the people but they may not understand the scientific principles that these people put forth. For example, I'm completely clueless when it comes to physics.
I image someone saying "Einstein is that dude who says E equals MC square a lot. Ohohoho." :awesome:

And speaking of scientists, are James Watson and Francis Crick anywhere on that pic?

Some wise words from @ Rebellious Treecko Rebellious Treecko .

Hmmm, that was a bit random, but cool. What made you post this? Are you a fan of PMD2?

----

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't like starting shows that are already finished. :p
I just hate it when people tell you to watch a show that has like 50 billion episodes. My response is always; "Ugh...there's so much crap to catch up on, it's not even worth it."

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just hate it when people tell you to watch a show that has like 50 billion episodes. My responses is always; "Ugh...there's so much crap to catch up on, it's not even worth it."
Yeah I only really watch shows if I started them when they first premiered. I only watch 4 shows. No wait 5. Thankfully they are all relatively spaced out. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I keep hearing good things about Madoka Magica...

Looks like I know what will be the next anime I'll watch during summer alongside Baccano!, Shaman King and Fullmetal Alchemist (2003).
You should. As a bonus, it's from Studio Shaft, too.

Oh you people who can actually manage to watch something; I'm so bad at watching TV, I can't finish a show that has more than 20 episodes.
That's why I prefer the internet. You can watch at your own pace.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
He's kind of a pushover if I recall in special episode 5 since you're playing as Grovyle and you have Dig. Which is funny since the Dialga of the future is supposed to be stronger.

Even with me being a Treecko with Detect and having a Charmader as a partner with Smokescreen and super-effective moves like Flamethrower. I remember Rock Slide working well, despite not being super-effective against Steel. Strange.

I don't like having facial hair. I shave every few days.

I image someone saying "Einstein is that dude who says E equals MC square a lot. Ohohoho." :awesome:

And speaking of scientists, are James Watson and Francis Crick anywhere on that pic?

Hmmm, that was a bit random, but cool. What made you post this? Are you a fan of PMD2?

----
I just stumbled upon it. I never really played a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
He shouldn't have inserted the Miis, as they are editable.

Looking closely, Ike looks taller than Palutena or Samus.
That's what I was thinking Ike must be a tall son-of-a-gun in this game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got sick today after witnessing a rabbit getting ran over. Bleh... Not the best way to start the 4th of July. Well at least it'll end better. I'm going to watch some fireworks, party, probably get drunk, pass out.

Happy 4th of July, everyone. Well if it applies to you anyways. ;)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
...And I lived mine grinding up Reviver Seeds and hoping that this time I'd beat Primal Dialga. Seriously was I the only one who had a tough time with him?
I found that putting him to sleep or stunning him helped, it made sure that you could bulk up your team a bit before you had to deal with his attacks. Even so, he nearly killed me in the main game as I only barely won that with a lucky Spark.

With the 5th special though, I agree with Rebellious Treecko as Grovyle and Dusknoir could handle him pretty easily.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Even with me being a Treecko with Detect and having a Charmader as a partner with Smokescreen and super-effective moves like Flamethrower. I remember Rock Slide working well, despite not being super-effective against Steel. Strange.

----
The only way I've been able to beat it is getting Charmander and giving hm Flamethrower, and then making it to where he uses just that.
Then I pray and hope that I win.

I found that putting him to sleep or stunning him helped, it made sure that you could bulk up your team a bit before you had to deal with his attacks. Even so, he nearly killed me in the main game as I only barely won that with a lucky Spark, with Special 5 Grovyle just wrecked him.
I think I used a few. But mostly because they were there.
Though admittedly, I still find the last boss of the post-story much worse.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You should. As a bonus, it's from Studio Shaft, too.
Yeah, I know it's by Shaft. They did the animation of Palutena's Revolting Dinner and the Palutena trailer.

Looking closely, Ike looks taller than Palutena or Samus.
He grew up in three years. :p

I just hate it when people tell you to watch a show that has like 50 billion episodes. My response is always; "Ugh...there's so much crap to catch up on, it's not even worth it."
The best way with those is to watch a few per day and not try to rush things. You will eventually catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom