• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Shulk for newcomer. I honestly don't care too much about the new characters, because I know I'll grow to like them eventually, but I really hope Shulk is playable.
For veteran; Lucas. The only other vets I care about are either Wario (who is practically confirmed) or are already confirmed. Lucas is the one character I want to see mainly because the majority seem to think he's cut. Ike's reveal was easily the most hype veteran reveal for me for the same reason, except I have much stronger feelings regarding Lucas because I used to play him.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I may have asked this already once but what's your most wanted newcomer and your most wanted veteran?
Newcomer: Take a guess. No, really.

Veteran: Meta Knight or Jigglypuff. Meta Knight is my favorite veteran and will likely be my main again, but there's no doubt he's back, so part of me would rather see Jigglypuff sooner just so I can finally feel a sense of relief regarding my mains (Ivysaur is out anyways.) I know the chances of Jiggs getting cut are very slim, but the fact that she might not be guaranteed still makes me uneasy.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Newcomer: Ridley. Although Isaac would be great too.
Veteran: Jigglypuff, the only one that feels like she's in danger. Mewtwo is cool and all, but the Oriignal 12 should live on. It can come back too, but I'd rather we get two new Pokemon this game at the very least.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Newcomer : Skull Kid Ridley

Veteran : Falco. Personally, I prefer his b-air.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I may have asked this already once but what's your most wanted newcomer and your most wanted veteran?
Newcomer: Paper Mario. Didn't see that coming huh?

Veteran: Ice Climbers. I am confident we'll see them again and that the possible difficulties have been overcome. I need my Popo and Nana! And Mewtwo. And Snake.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of Snake, I retouched an artwork of Snake from MGS1 to have the mullet and facial hair.

My version is on the right. This is basically how I want him to look for Smash.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Shulk for newcomer. I honestly don't care too much about the new characters, because I know I'll grow to like them eventually, but I really hope Shulk is playable.
For veteran; Lucas. The only other vets I care about are either Wario (who is practically confirmed) or are already confirmed. Lucas is the one character I want to see mainly because the majority seem to think he's cut. Ike's reveal was easily the most hype veteran reveal for me for the same reason, except I have much stronger feelings regarding Lucas because I used to play him.
I don't think you have to worry about Lucas that much.
As Sakurai said that the roster was decided over 2 years ago so they wouldn't be in a disagreement at this point in time.
If Sal was saying that as far as time constraints well the game got delayed a couple months so those time constraints wouldn't apply anymore.
Lucas is most likely back.
Oh yeah and most wanted vet is Snake and most wanted newcomer is Takamaru.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think you have to worry about Lucas that much.
As Sakurai said that the roster was decided over 2 years ago so they wouldn't be in a disagreement at this point in time.
If Sal was saying that as far as time constraints well the game got delayed a couple months so those time constraints wouldn't apply anymore.
Lucas is most likely back.
Oh yeah and most wanted vet is Snake and most wanted newcomer is Takamaru.
You've got me wrong; I think Lucas is back, but he's not nearly as safe as say, Wario. Wario's basically a lock at this point.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Speaking of Snake, I retouched an artwork of Snake from MGS1 to have the mullet and facial hair.

My version is on the right. This is basically how I want him to look for Smash.
That looks awesome! In my opinion, Snake always needs a beard.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You've got me wrong; I think Lucas is back, but he's not nearly as safe as say, Wario. Wario's basically a lock at this point.
I didn't mean for that to be directly pointed at you I was kind just running off what you said.
In other words I was trying to prove to the Naysayers why it's entirely possible (and Likely) for him to return.
That looks awesome! In my opinion, Snake always needs a beard.
If Snake's not in I'll have the right to say that there is not enough beards in Smash.
We NEED a glorious beard in Smash.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Only reason you won that war was becuz my team waz all n00bz, bad game report all my nooobteam plz
I'm not being serious, happy 4th of July to you guys

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Bayonetta or Shulk :crazy:or Issac I can't choose for veterans hopefully Lucas with a less clone like move set although for reasons I preferred him instead of Ness

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Bayonetta or Shulk :crazy:or Issac I can't choose for veterans hopefully Lucas with a less clone like move set although for reasons I preferred him instead of Ness
Speaking of Bayonetta if she's not in do you think we'll get some kind of representation?
Trophy? Stage? Asist Trophy? Sticker?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Speaking of Bayonetta if she's not in do you think we'll get some kind of representation?
Trophy? Stage? Asist Trophy? Sticker?
Of course but assist trophy or bust, I was hoping for Wonder Red to be an assist but alas.... However I have three mains Lucas, Link and Kirby, although I sometimes branch out because Other characters appeal to me I.e Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Metaknight but when Sm4sh comes out I just want to stick with my mains Link, Megaman, and Kirby and have like two alt characters, but there are soooooooooooo many options already and I love all the characters and franchises. Pit looks really good with his new move set. Ahhh! decisions, decisions.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Disclaimer: I actually love Shadow The Hedgehog, it's one of my favorite Sonic games.
I am TOTALLY late to this discussion, but... yeah, it's one of my favorite Sonic games too.

Alot of people call it one of the worst but.... eh. I enjoy it. It's one of my favorite games. And one thing I'd like to point out is that while it's not perfect, I STILL never had anywhere near as much trouble with it as I have had with Sonic Adventure 2. Now, keep in mind, Sonic Adventure 2 is ALSO one of my favorite games, and just like Shadow the Hedgehog, I usually replay it once a year, but I typically have more trouble with Sonic Adventure 2 than Shadow. The Lethal Highway in Shadow with the motorcycle is a bit clunky, but not enough to make me ragequit. To me, that's the clunkiest part of the game. I was fine with the rest of it..

Meanwhile in Sonic Adventure 2... when I do my annual replay of that game, I always DREAD Mad Space and Cannon's Core. ESPECIALLY Mad Space. In Mad Space, if you're not fighting the camera, you're getting stuck, and if you're not getting stuck, you're trying to play a level that's trying to be Mario Galaxy before Mario Galaxy was even possible, and if you're not doing that, you're reading upside down clues and travelling all over this wreck of a level trying to find them. Sometimes I'm at that level for over an hour. And after I finally get done with that level and the boss fight with Knuckles afterwards, I have to quit for a bit, since I get a bit mentally fried with that level.

Then the Cannon's Core is really irritating, where you have to play as all the characters for a short segment each. IF YOU DID NOT GET THE AIR NECKLACE AS KNUCKLES, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME! Then of course Sonic's segment has that fork in the road right at the beginning that requires you to go right and fight the Artificial Chaos, THEN fight against the camera angle to go left. Did I mention that all the segments with the characters count as one level, so if you get a game over as Sonic at the final leg of the level, you have to start over and replay all the characters again. Once you get to the boss battle of Shadow vs the Biolizard, it's good again, but Cannon's Core has some really clunky design... clunky enough to make me ragequit.

Shadow the Hedgehog to me had some minor annoyances (mainly Lethal Highway Hero Mission and Circus Park Hero Mission), but never enough to make me want to take a break. I like it!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Newcomer - Used to be Starfy, but then he was deconfirmed. MERRY CHRISTMAS, STARFY FANS! #Christmas2013 #NeverForget

That spot now, however, belongs to Bandana Dee, because I'm a huge Kirby fan, Bandana Dee has become a recurring character in his series, and I'd like to see a spear-based moveset.

Veteran - R.O.B. or Jigglypuff. Basically the two characters that people seem to think will definitely be cut for whatever reason, despite both having unique movesets. I'd like to see Lucas, too, but I played as Jiggs and R.O.B. a lot more.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Found this.

What do you think of this video?

Just got to 1:30 and already I hate this.
Look, I respect Pat, but this is ridiculous.
The other guy on the other hand has a few decent points.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just had a dream there was a secret organization, codename "The Plumbers" that fought supernatural forces

Lead by Mario and Luigi

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Look what I found...

I actually could name most of the people on the left (Tesla is was such an awesome person by the way), but I just couldn't put my finger on those boobs - uh, on who those boobs are. I mean, who those boobs belong to. Yeah...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom