• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There are at least 5 spoiler boxes here; I give you fair warning;

If you don't want anything spoiled, do NOT open these boxes.

...Honestly I expected worse.

D

Deleted member

Thats why you need to link videos.

Same, disappointed. I want a refund.
Too lazy to get a video. I can't refund you, because I have no money. How am I supposed to refund you?

It also probably helps if you watch the thing so that the atmosphere and such can build up, then not only does the scene have context, it also has audio. I think it's a combination of the aforementioned that causes me to find it terrifying. It's also even worse if you hated the character, because then you feel like an asshole. -former hater

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Too lazy to get a video. I can't refund you, because I have no money. How am I supposed to refund you?

It also probably helps if you watch the thing so that the atmosphere and such can build up, then not only does the scene have context, it also has audio.
I've tried to find a video of that part but I can't find it.
But at least there's no freaking creepy bunny like in Donnie Darko.
Don't open Spoiler if you are easily scared.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am TOTALLY late to this discussion, but... yeah, it's one of my favorite Sonic games too.

Alot of people call it one of the worst but.... eh. I enjoy it. It's one of my favorite games. And one thing I'd like to point out is that while it's not perfect, I STILL never had anywhere near as much trouble with it as I have had with Sonic Adventure 2. Now, keep in mind, Sonic Adventure 2 is ALSO one of my favorite games, and just like Shadow the Hedgehog, I usually replay it once a year, but I typically have more trouble with Sonic Adventure 2 than Shadow. The Lethal Highway in Shadow with the motorcycle is a bit clunky, but not enough to make me ragequit. To me, that's the clunkiest part of the game. I was fine with the rest of it..

Meanwhile in Sonic Adventure 2... when I do my annual replay of that game, I always DREAD Mad Space and Cannon's Core. ESPECIALLY Mad Space. In Mad Space, if you're not fighting the camera, you're getting stuck, and if you're not getting stuck, you're trying to play a level that's trying to be Mario Galaxy before Mario Galaxy was even possible, and if you're not doing that, you're reading upside down clues and travelling all over this wreck of a level trying to find them. Sometimes I'm at that level for over an hour. And after I finally get done with that level and the boss fight with Knuckles afterwards, I have to quit for a bit, since I get a bit mentally fried with that level.

Then the Cannon's Core is really irritating, where you have to play as all the characters for a short segment each. IF YOU DID NOT GET THE AIR NECKLACE AS KNUCKLES, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME! Then of course Sonic's segment has that fork in the road right at the beginning that requires you to go right and fight the Artificial Chaos, THEN fight against the camera angle to go left. Did I mention that all the segments with the characters count as one level, so if you get a game over as Sonic at the final leg of the level, you have to start over and replay all the characters again. Once you get to the boss battle of Shadow vs the Biolizard, it's good again, but Cannon's Core has some really clunky design... clunky enough to make me ragequit.

Shadow the Hedgehog to me had some minor annoyances (mainly Lethal Highway Hero Mission and Circus Park Hero Mission), but never enough to make me want to take a break. I like it!
Yeah, if there was a Sonic game I'd remake, it would be one of the Genesis games, or Shadow.
There's very little you would have to actually change to make it campy, but really fun.

Some changes I would make (using an Xbox 360 Controller as the example):

- The Hero and Dark gauges work differently. When you perform good or evil actions, they fill up respective gauges on the left and right that can be used as abilities on the go. L1 is Chaos Control, which slows time as long as hold the button, and R1 is Chaos Blast, an area-of-effect explosion that becomes stronger the longer you charge it. When either gauge fills, pressing L1/R1 lets you go into a frenzy mode where you are invincible and have infinite ammo as the respective gauge depletes rapidly.

- Other Controls: A - Jump, B - Attack, Y - Pick Up/Discard Weapon, X - Slow Down. It's hard to control Shadow because he moves so fast, so holding X will stop his jet boots and run at a leisurely pace. L2 - Lock-On, lets you lock on to enemies or objects. R2 - Spin Dash, self-explanatory.

- A single game now contains 13 levels. However, instead of following a linear series of levels that change depending on your actions, you simply visit different existing levels depending on your actions, as the game now has a cohesive, and interconnected World Map.

- Characters have a few changes to their personalities. Shadow is now much more melodramatic, which annoys everyone else. Black Doom is mostly the same, but can sometimes get really sassy.

- Most levels do not have a definite endpoint, they are more open-world. Which means that time bonuses are less strict, and S Ranks are determined by other factors.

- Shadow keeps his equipped gun and ammo after a level.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've tried to find a video of that part but I can't find it.
But at least there's no freaking creepy bunny like in Donnie Darko.
Don't open Spoiler if you are easily scared.
Ha ha ha, I was expecting something much worse :troll:

I can make a video, but it might take a bit; all I have on my computer is freaking movie maker.

D

Deleted member

Well, knowing how TVTropes defines it as "Neon Genesis Evangelion with Magical Girls". Kinda.
Having never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, I wouldn't get that :p

Old video is old. And funnier if you've seen the original music video.
Of course I've seen the music video. That CGI is state of the art.

You should start with something mild, to ease you into the genre.

Maybe Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island. Or Audition.
Scooby-Doo?
2spooky4me

In other news, I have that video that was apparently needed :troll:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You should start with something mild, to ease you into the genre.

Maybe Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island. Or Audition.
You can't ease in you got to go and dive right in to the scariest series off all time...

GOOSEBUMPS!

D

Deleted member

Let's just say from what I've heard is as disturbing as anime can get.
Sold.
The disturbing-ness/tragic aspect was easily my favorite part of Madoka

But seriously, why does Pokemon Showdown have an option for MissingNo. if you can't even use it?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let's just say from what I've heard is as disturbing as anime can get.
I like that.

Anime in general is so bright, colorful, and usually has a very light tone, so when you throw in some deep gore or psychological horror (or both, which is often the case) it can really catch people off guard and, more to the point, scare the hell out of them.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The most disturbing anime I've watched so far is Attack on Titan.

Although Sword Art Online and Death Note also feature some disturbing stuff, especially from a real-life point of view.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Soul Eater. Especially the manga.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom