• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Why all of a sudden are we being attacked I thought we were having a civilized discussion I apologize if I offended you I mean...
I don't understand this hostility.
I didn't know I was being "Ignorant".
I thought I was having a civilized discussion with a civilized person?
I...
Goodnight everyone.
You just took that personally for no reason whatsoever.
Human nature applies to all of us. LOL. Everyone is unbelievably ignorant (emphasis on unbelievably). If you see two options of a meal and you're hungry; one larger and the other smaller, you will never not pick the larger option. But wait a second, what if the other serving was given to the starving/sick/poor and I was told about that? Suddenly you have a different perspective on your choices.

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Whoah, I can smell trouble brewing a mile away. I mean yeah its true we Americans should tend to our own for the most part instead of poking our noses in other countries business all the damn time, but if there's something that's known to get people riled up on forums, its definitely politics!

On a different note, is it me or is the Online Tournaments section of our forums all but confirmed to be deceased? When I joined this site back in 09, it was hopping with Brawl tourney after Brawl tourney! Now? It's like a ghost town up in there since Brawl is practically being prepared to be cremated following the rise and success of Project M and with Smash 4 on the horizon!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yes! Agitha looks amazing! She even uses the parasol. <3

Anyway, people are already setting off fireworks where I'm at...Despite, the fact it's not the forth of July yet where I live. :glare:
i'm waiting for the inevitable time people will set off fireworks tomorrow where I live..... I live in a RV park, which is not a good place to set them off.

Last year people did they started falling on our RV. Friggen morons.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Whoah, I can smell trouble brewing a mile away. I mean yeah its true we Americans should tend to our own for the most part instead of poking our noses in other countries business all the damn time, but if there's something that's known to get people riled up on forums, its definitely politics!

On a different note, is it me or is the Online Tournaments section of our forums all but confirmed to be deceased? When I joined this site back in 09, it was hopping with Brawl tourney after Brawl tourney! Now? It's like a ghost town up in there since Brawl is practically being prepared to be cremated following the rise and success of Project M and with Smash 4 on the horizon!
Nintendo WFC services being halted could've contributed also..

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You just took that personally for no reason whatsoever.
Human nature applies to all of us. LOL.
Maybe you should have used WE instead of YOU.
It seemed as if you were pointing it directly at me.
I'm sorry I over-reacted but the way you said it was implying that I was ignorant.
I don't think I'm at fault for this. y'know.
Again sorry for over-reacting.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why all of a sudden are we being attacked I thought we were having a civilized discussion I apologize if I offended you I mean...
I don't understand this hostility.
I didn't know I was being "Ignorant".
I thought I was having a civilized discussion with a civilized person?
I...
Goodnight everyone.
I don't think he meant "you" as in you specifically, I think he was talking about people in general. I didn't even think he was talking about you until you seemed to take it that way.

Personally, I only slightly took offense to the comment because he generalized it to "Western civilization", of which I am a part of. My point is generalizing to one part of the world is kinda unnecessary when it applies to a lot more than just that, anyway.

Either way it wasn't a big deal and I'd prefer to talk about my dislike for the sacreligious fried oreo

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
No.
You can't dip them in milk if they're fried. That sounds gross.
Neither have I, just curious.
i'm waiting for the inevitable time people will set off fireworks tomorrow where I live..... I live in a RV park, which is not a good place to set them off.

Last year people did they started falling on our RV. Friggen morons.
Also I'm curious nice to meet you, if you don't mind me asking what's it like living in a RV?

pickle962

Smash Lord
Yeah I figured with Wi-Fi services being dropped for the original DS and the Wii, it would be a pain to find alternate ways that involve hacking and not to mention Brawl's final nail on its "competitive" coffin was around the time Project M started taking off ;)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wasn't around for Brawl's online tournaments. I played mostly with friends. I'm excited to play online in tournaments with people from SB.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I uh... :urg:
That's a bit much.

I generally give the "people just lean towards being unpleasant by nature, that's why it's easier to be an ******* than to be a philanthropist" talk, though, so it's not like I don't understand what you're saying. I find people around here rather ignorant and sheepish too.

It's another thing when people generalize to the point where I actually feel the need to defend myself in that regard though. But it's alright.
It wasn't right generalizing everyone in the West but it was merely exaggeration, it didn't sound like it however

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok, so I haven't gotten any replies back from my EO thread about it. So I'll just ask here now, hopefully some of you people have played Etrian Odyssey.

I'm gonna do another run through EO IV and I know what party goal I want to go for, I/B F/B I/B in the front and a M/A in the back (unsure on the last character, Sniper sounds like a good idea for Eagle Eye to stack with the M/A's Star Drop and Atrophic Eye, not sure). The thing is, I can't decide what I want to use before that. So I figured I would ask you guys to tell me a party to use, something fun with good synergy, until I get the Imperial class. I'll go with the one I like best.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Happy Independence Day Americans!!
I'm from Alabama so I may be a few hours ahead of some of you though.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Just wait till October folks. THAT is gonna be when the Online Tournaments section of the forums will be alive and kicking once more ;) Also, is it just me or will the competitive scene for the 3DS version of Sm4sh be mostly online tournaments and the occasional friendlies at real life tournies? To clarify, I've heard its generally more of a pain than its worth to properly set up handheld games for big tournaments and when it comes to streaming since all the little kiddies who didn't grow up in the era of 240p which is when no one cared whatsoever HOW the video quality looked or even cared if it was being recorded with a potato or not so long as they got what they wanted to see are spoiled with all this fancy shmancy 1080p and 60fps crap ;)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Maybe you should have used WE instead of YOU.
It seemed as if you were pointing it directly at me.
I'm sorry I over-reacted but the way you said it was implying that I was ignorant.
I don't think I'm at fault for this. y'know.
Again sorry for over-reacting.
Well, no offense, but you are~
But we all are.
Some more than others. I have an opinion about America's corruption that runs very deep. While loving the country, loving the people, loving the culture (well, not all of it ;), your cheese ****ing sucks and mostly makes me gag/vomit without fail~_~), but despising its politics/capitalist oligarchy (P.S. Australia isn't much better) which for the most part I'm sure the majority of people aren't even conscious of. Somewhere between naive and ignorance, people get overly emotional over THE TRUTH purely because of those words. iono, it's a lot easier to accept being an idiot than pretending otherwise, hence why I use such words liberally (actually, I'd say "literally", but meh).

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, no offense, but you are~
But we all are.
Some more than others. I have an opinion about America's corruption that runs very deep. While loving the country, loving the people, loving the culture (well, not all of it ;), your cheese ****ing sucks and mostly makes me gag/vomit without fail~_~), but despising its politics/capitalist oligarchy (P.S. Australia isn't much better) which for the most part I'm sure the majority of people aren't even conscious of. Somewhere between naive and ignorance, people get overly emotional over THE TRUTH purely because of those words. iono, it's a lot easier to accept being an idiot than pretending otherwise, hence why I use such words liberally (actually, I'd say "literally", but meh).
I thought we were over this?
I even apologized for getting "emotional".
Yes I took it personal because I misread your post.
And again I'm sorry for that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I just believe everything has its pros and cons...like Pichu. People mainly focus on his cons, but I focus on his pros which includes being the cutest character in Melee in my opinion.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I got really close to unlocking EVERYTHING in Brawl. For a really long time the whole "trophy cabinet"/achievement thing was a big focus for me, then I started practising competitively and within a really short period of time all such factors (I even loved homerun contest) left me forever :[
probably had a bit to do with the people I was learning the game from were both melee-goers who weren't too interested in my excitement about unlocking a song or something :p

"when I was young it seemed that life was so wonderful, a Miracle"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom