• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Don't they list ingredients? Also, I like spam...it might be an Asian thing though since it has a lot of sodium.
I guess. I mean, I've had some stuff others might question (I'm probably one of the five people that like diet soda). But it's always Spam that I could never get into.
Well, to each their own I guess.

Most Hot dogs are made up of stuff butchers can't sell to buyers.
So they mash it all together in a Sausage shape and sells it as hot dog meat.
So, like Spam?

Try some Musabi, it's great
If you say so (if I'm around Hawaii, of course).

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well I'm by the Name Rater, but there's that whole deal with "where do I draw the line, is this a one time exception," etc.

I honestly can't rename Carfox anymore since he just evolved. But I feel bad for Jetlife because my sister thinks they look like stoners.
Well obviously it's too late now, it's a Nuzlocke.
save it for the future (and save the trauma for the poor Pokemon, like what if your name was changed against your will sheesh).

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
How is everyone's Summers going?
Just found out I got accepted as a transfer student into my #1 university of choice yesterday, which is a miracle considering my previous GPA was bad + the school has a fairly low acceptance rate.

Getting ready to move back in with my dad, which is awesome since I'll get my car back.

Will be taking a week off of work soon to take a vacation to Virginia and spend time w/ family there.

Starting to get back into shape after being a lazy bum for years.

Recently became a moderator.

Needless to say my summer has been fantastic. :)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Just found out I got accepted as a transfer student into my #1 university of choice yesterday, which is a miracle considering my previous GPA was bad + the school has a fairly low acceptance rate.

Getting ready to move back in with my dad, which is awesome since I'll get my car back.

Will be taking a week off of work soon to take a vacation to Virginia and spend time w/ family there.

VA is where its at.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Cool, more better tasting soda for the rest of us, I guess.

The only sodas I really stay away from are diet sodas and any form of Pepsi.
Eh, it's not bad. You just have to get used to the taste.
...The tough part however is getting used to said taste.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

That sounds fantastic!

Personally, my summer consisted of juggling family issues (eh), a summer Math course at my university (which was fine), and working out renting my first house with a few friends (which is exciting!). In addition to that, I recently became the vice present of my university's Anime Club (which happens to be one of the biggest clubs on campus, surprisingly) so I've been doing club preview fairs during this past summer.

I suppose my summer has been good for the most part.
CONGRATS!
Hope it continues to go well for y'all.
My summer has been all work sadly.
But Winter will bring Smash and that's worth waiting for.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

That sounds fantastic!

Personally, my summer consisted of juggling family issues (eh), a summer Math course at my university (which was fine), and working out renting my first house with a few friends (which is exciting!). In addition to that, I recently became the vice present of my university's Anime Club (which happens to be one of the biggest clubs on campus, surprisingly) so I've been doing club preview fairs during this past summer.

Eh, it's not bad. You just have to get used to the taste.
...The tough part however is getting used to said taste.
Ehhh, I tried once. Never again.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I can't believe I did this but I had to at one point.

A few months after E3 (in this case, August), I was mostly lurking here and rarely posting. But I remember that I read some pages in the old general thread where it was the most hilarious thing I've read on this forum. As crazy as it sounds, I found them!

So, there was back then a let's say "unpleasant user" (quotes aren't here for nothing) that basically trolled a lot in the character discussion thread. There was so much nonsense in it that it was funny to read it but on one night, he tried to debate on the importance of fire emblem and mother with @Swampasaur (now that should remind you something).

It was so hilarious. Not just because of the arguments but because there was like 3 members that was making funny comments. While another just kept listening to zelda tp ost (btw, when I will decide to get this game? anyway...).

That's why I love those kind of threads but that was worth to read SO MUCH.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
CONGRATS!
Hope it continues to go well for y'all.
It was strange to see my post retroactively quoted like that. But thanks!
And hey, man. Work brings money and money brings happiness to Nintendo, so I guess there's that! :4pacman:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

A few months after E3 (in this case, August), I was mostly lurking here and rarely posting. But I remember that I read some pages in the old general thread where it was the most hilarious thing I've read on this forum. As crazy as it sounds, I found them!

So, there was back then a let's say "unpleasant user" (quotes aren't here for nothing) that basically trolled a lot in the character discussion thread. There was so much nonsense in it that it was funny to read it but on one night, he tried to debate on the importance of fire emblem and mother with @Swampasaur (now that should remind you something).

It was so hilarious. Not just because of the arguments but because there was like 3 members that was making funny comments. While another just kept listening to zelda tp ost (btw, when I will decide to get this game? anyway...).

It was the famous DivineDeity vs. Swampasaur debate. It's a rare gem, I'm telling you.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
VA is where its at.
Most def... Though I'm a bit biased since it's my birth home ;)

CONGRATS!
Hope it continues to go well for you.
Thank you! And indeed a new Smash Bros is always the perfect remedy for a broken spirit.

That sounds fantastic!

Very nice moving in with some buds sounds like a blast. I look forward to the day when I can move out on my own without having to rely on my parents, but living at home does have its advantages... like not having to pay rent. lol

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Ah, dang. Has it already been a year since Divine left? Time does go by fast. :ohwell:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh yeah, Happy Independence Day/Fourth of July! (I LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE THE ENTIRE WORLD IS IN THE FUTURE) [SwiftFox get at me]
First time in 3 years I won't be around there to see it. American patriotism is surprisingly Romantic on this one day of the year~

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
And this is the only thought you have which is dangerous. But it's a normal one.
No I wasn't referring to a cold war with Africa. If I was to put a big red box anywhere in the world right now, it would extend from the baltic (Ukraine) to Georgia, and all the way down to just above South Africa. A big red box which tends to care less and less about what harsh words/"sanctions" from the United Nations (NATO/USA), when the real super powers coming into this century don't care and are more than willing to financially support every nation which the US will not.

Iraq has so many layers. Not only am I fully supportive of the Kurd's self determinism/nationalism, I also sympathise with those of the Sunni faith who have been **** on by Iraq's current President who is now throwing a tantrum over the backlash and the lack of the world supporting his regime.

For the most part, the borders of the world weren't made naturally. Specifically Europe and West Asia are primarily set by the aftermath of World War I (the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire + "Oh no, RUSSIA"). These decisions were made with completely different perspectives to ones we have now ('oh we don't want Turkey getting that great piece of land even if the entire population is of Turkish culture/language/descent'). It took 100 years but the **** is hitting the fan, and the power brokers originally involved aren't really happy.
Dangerous? I don't think so. Self centered, obnoxious, and a little cowardly? Probably. And I'm at peace with that. I'll get to live my life with little to no struggle, in a year I'll have a BS in CS, which really can take you wherever you want in the us. It's an incredibly self serving point of view, but sometimes that's what it takes to get around in the world.

I know how most countries were formed, world history is actually an interest of mine, but an understanding of history isn't going to save the situation with Russia (not saying it isn't helpful, just, it isn't enough alone). It's hard to imagine a peaceful settling of the events in eastern Europe right now, but at the very least, it's in my thoughts.

The entire middle east is in a bit of a cluster**** right now, Saudi Arabia currently rich, but with some major human rights violations going on, and getting a pass from the world because of the oil, Iraq with endless conflict after conflict, and more bystanders are killed every day by extremists, Afghanistan, a country that only 30 years ago was a paradise for backpackers, now probably has more makeshift bombs than trusting households.

Globalization is hitting everywhere, rough and hard, and it's going to go down differently everywhere. But standard citizens are always going to want basic rights and freedoms, and hopefully general populations will be united in that sense, at least. I misread your comment on Africa, I think.

I dunno. I guess I'm just feeling a bit low right now. Sometimes, I only see the positives, the world for the first time, is taking its first steps towards a truly global community. Industrialization is happening everywhere, India, Indonesia, and South America are on facebook, and a sense of basic human rights is finally starting to take root in more places than ever before.

But then I see a headline about African war lords excusing themselves from war crimes, and I remember there's still so far to go, it'll probably take many, many generations to spread human rights overseas when America hasn't even finished the enlightenment yet, what with still restricting women's rights, gender identities, and tying church and state.

I'd love to discuss more specific points at any time (including dangerous thoughts, which seems to be the only real debate we're having), but I have to wake up really early tomorrow, so I'm going to have to throw in the towel here.

thanks for the invigorating discussion, though ^.^

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Very nice moving in with some buds sounds like a blast. I look forward to the day when I can move out on my own without having to rely on my parents, but living at home does have its advantages... like not having to pay rent. lol
I don't have to pay rent this way either cause I'm in a special circumstance, hehehe.

Anyway, I was also born in VA, and I still live here. It's nice to know there are others, haha.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh yeah, Happy Independence Day/Fourth of July! (I LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE THE ENTIRE WORLD IS IN THE FUTURE) [SwiftFox get at me]
First time in 3 years I won't be around there to see it. American patriotism is surprisingly Romantic on this one day of the year~
That is until the obnoxiously loud fireworks are used.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
So what's it gonna be tonight, gentlemen? Character reveal? Would make a pretty nice topic since I'll be featured on my bro's youtube channel this Sunday.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Lately I've been wondering if how an arcade stick would exactly effect Super Smash Bros. I know it works wonders for varies fighting games out there due to those types of controllers allowing more accurate movement and better handling of inputs, however Super Smash Bros. doesn't use the same type of button layouts with attacks and the general motion of the game is more organic towards analog control then digital.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is it the fourth where you live I still got an hour and a half...
And I'm in the central time zone.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Oh yeah, 4th of July.
That's the thing with the fireworks and the extreme patriotism, right?
I couldn't really care less, living here in Britain. (I should really be asleep right now)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They are extremely beautiful though.
I think it's the best thing to celebrate our independence...
Kinda reminds me of gunshots which reminds of how my first cousin died in the war on terrorism.
It makes me remember the best times I had with him and is the reason I'm such a Patriot.
I'd be dishonoring my cousin if I weren't.
Honestly, I couldn't care less either, and I live in America. :laugh:
It's a little disgraceful to not be a little Patriotic.
As people died to protect us and if we don't care then they died in vein.
I'm sorry for the giant post it's just a special time of the year for me.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The dangerous thought is "it doesn't matter to me" I suppose, even if in your case it's "it doesn't matter to me, yet".

I was being a bit of a devil's advocate on getting some juices flowing. It's really easy for the staff to feel "things are going fine" if there's at least a conversation of substance going along, even if there are the 'bad' posts mixed within. It's not too hard to bring up a news story, discuss all the sport, etc etc to get people off the one liners. I definitely find it interesting that more often than not, bringing up real news to Americans often results in sadness/depression or more worrying, shock. I think on an emotional level, Americans are kept a lot more sheltered by these things by their media than they should be/the rest of the world does. Arr well.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They are extremely beautiful though.
I think it's the best thing to celebrate our independence...
Kinda reminds me of gunshots which reminds of how my first cousin died in the war on terrorism.
It makes me remember the best times I had with him and is the reason I'm such a Patriot.
I'd be dishonoring my cousin if I weren't.
As people died to protect us and we don't care then they died in vein.
I respect this post.
Even if I don't particularly do anything on July 4th, I do feel a bit more patriotic.

I don't really mind the other countries being all "Americans are fat and lazy" and etc. because, really, everyone picks on each other the same and it would be silly to be sensitive about it (for me anyway). I don't even like a lot of my peers because they're obnoxious, but boy am I proud of this fat obnoxious nation sometimes.

Disclaimer: I wasn't trying to be offensive, I was trying to say I'm proud of this place even though it's not perfect.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
As people died to protect us and if we don't care then they died in vein.
I'm a little bit Patriotic, and definitely do respect the people who risk their lives for us. The reason why I don't care as much as I do is probably because my Dad and my little brother are extremely into politics, and it annoys me how much they complain about it, especially when there's a lot worse situations in a lot of different countries.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The dangerous thought is "it doesn't matter to me" I suppose, even if in your case it's "it doesn't matter to me, yet".

I was being a bit of a devil's advocate on getting some juices flowing. It's really easy for the staff to feel "things are going fine" if there's at least a conversation of substance going along, even if there are the 'bad' posts mixed within. It's not too hard to bring up a news story, discuss all the sport, etc etc to get people off the one liners. I definitely find it interesting that more often than not, bringing up real news to Americans often results in sadness/depression or more worrying, shock. I think on an emotional level, Americans are kept a lot more sheltered by these things by their media than they should be/the rest of the world does. Arr well.
I don't think it's that we're sheltered it's that our government has decided we're the world police and if anything happens we're gonna get dragged in with it...
At least that's how I feel.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Haha, I'm sure it is. I really enjoyed flying over Florida on the 4th of July one year. A sky view of entire cities going sparkle sparkle boom boom boom boom continually and all over the ****ing place for 2-3 hours of looking out a window was pretty awesome.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm a little bit Patriotic, and definitely do respect the people who risk their lives for us. The reason why I don't care as much as I do is probably because my Dad and my little brother are extremely into politics, and it annoys me how much they complain about it, especially when there's a lot worse situations in a lot of different countries.
I end up being middle of the line a lot and staying ignorant of a lot of subjects because I find the debates on such topics to be repetitive and unproductive.
I might have an opinion either way but I avoid political discussions like they were religious discussions. It would be perfectly fine if people weren't prone to offending other people and acting big and as if they were more intelligent than others especially when someone contradicts their opinion.

...Oh hey, that sounds a bit familiar. Hi Smashboards.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I don't think it's that we're sheltered it's that our government has decided we're the world police and if anything happens we're gonna get dragged in with it...

th.jpg

Our heads of office's mindset in a shellnut.

...Edit: (It's a joke please don't hurt me)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Haha, I'm sure it is. I really enjoyed flying over Florida on the 4th of July one year. A sky view of entire cities going sparkle sparkle boom boom boom boom continually and all over the ****ing place for 2-3 hours of looking out a window was pretty awesome.
Oh they're pretty that's for sure. I'm just kinda "eh" when it comes to loudness. I partially blame my hearing (I can't pick up other sounds when there's white noise).

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'm going to go to sleep in a moment (5 AM is a bad time to do so lmao, gonna get like 7 hours if I want to wake up late) but I just want to mention something from a Brit's point of view. Usually, we find you lot annoying. That I can admit freely without regret especially when the internet is reduced to "AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA" at times like this. But there always has been a lot of respect for you lot from what I've seen. Teasing, sarcasm and satire is just part of how we show it.
So yeah, have a happy America Day for when it is that for you. I'm going to sleep now. My sleep pattern is awful right now.
EDIT: though we are still a little bit pissed off at how you made the LoN and didn't join it, which caused it to fail spectacularly. I wasn't alive for that by a good 80 years of course, but just sayin
EDIT 2: Also, this is only minor but us in the EU get a tiny bit jealous of how you usually get games much earlier than us then we get annoyed when you complain when they come out earlier here. See: M&L Dream Team and Xenoblade Chronicles.
Ok, actually going to sleep now. happy 4th of july you glorious ********.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So are your thoughts "we're the world police but it shouldn't be our problem" or "wow our government thinks its the world police... lol they're creating more problems" that continue to arise over and over again due to the US not liking Russia/China?

I'd be very happy for you to be closer to the latter than the former. But I feel like the standard perspective is one of the former, and that it's all "the same ****", when each and every single problem is one within its own.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well obviously it's too late now, it's a Nuzlocke.
save it for the future (and save the trauma for the poor Pokemon, like what if your name was changed against your will sheesh).
I promise I won't let you down dayday-san. '^'

- Graduated from college following a couple months of an externship. Certificate pending.
- Got a Wii U.
- Played the Best Buy demo after burning in the sun for 4 hours.
- Insert full month of nothing of interest.
- Got set up for an interview, and wound up getting hired at this swanky place that usually doesn't have entry level positions/hires. Start next Monday.
- Did I mention sunburn? Entire right side, primarily my arm/face suffered enough UV radiation to kill the cancer I would've contracted.
- A dust storm knocked out the power as I was answering this. >:L

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So are your thoughts "we're the world police but it shouldn't be our problem" or "wow our government thinks its the world police... lol they're creating more problems" that continue to arise over and over again due to the US not liking Russia/China?

I'd be very happy for you to be closer to the latter than the former. But I feel like the standard perspective is one of the former, and that it's all "the same ****", when each and every single problem is one within its own.
It's "We think we're the world police so we should send some of our people to die in a war that doesn't affect us."
I've had enough deaths in my family due to war I wish it would just stop.
Vietnam is an excellent example of a war we should have never been in.
I don't agree with communism but I don't think it's our business y'know?
So I suppose I fall closer to the latter.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't get Spam.
I mean really, don't you know what they put in it? It's like the mystery meat of canned food. Why would people eat something when they don't even know 10% of the ingredients?
That's like every processed food ever.

It was the famous DivineDeity vs. Swampasaur debate. It's a rare gem, I'm telling you.
I think I kinda remember that. Unless I'm thinking of a different thing. That was back when I posted in the Character Roster thread.

Maybe I should revisit the discussion sometime................................. Nah.

Not gonna comment on China. But when it comes to Russia, the disliking is pretty much mutual.

Eh, kinda bland. Been trying to get a job, that is easier said then done when you are trying to get one in the summer and having to compete with College kids and are already 18 with no job experience in the past (I haven't had the chance to actually start applying for jobs until recently). >_>

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Eh, kinda bland. Been trying to get a job, that is easier said then done when you are trying to get one in the summer and having to compete with College kids and are already 18 with no job experience in the past (I haven't had the chance to actually start applying for jobs until recently). >_>
Yeah, I would imagine. I'm 18 with no job experience, but I'm a university student myself. I figure I'll just try to get internships to build up experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom