• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
It's "We think we're the world police so we should send some of our people to die in a war that doesn't affect us."
I've had enough deaths in my family due to war I wish it would just stop.
Vietnam is an excellent example of a war we should have never been in.
I don't agree with communism but I don't think it's our business y'know?
So I suppose I fall closer to the latter.
This is a respectful, intelligent mindset.
Why must I mention this?
Because here on the Internet there's few like that.
The best of luck to you good sir.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm going to go to sleep in a moment (5 AM is a bad time to do so lmao, gonna get like 7 hours if I want to wake up late) but I just want to mention something from a Brit's point of view. Usually, we find you lot annoying. That I can admit freely without regret especially when the internet is reduced to "AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA" at times like this. But there always has been a lot of respect for you lot from what I've seen. Teasing, sarcasm and satire is just part of how we show it.
So yeah, have a happy America Day for when it is that for you. I'm going to sleep now. My sleep pattern is awful right now.
EDIT: though we are still a little bit pissed off at how you made the LoN and didn't join it, which caused it to fail spectacularly. I wasn't alive for that by a good 80 years of course, but just sayin
EDIT 2: Also, this is only minor but us in the EU get a tiny bit jealous of how you usually get games much earlier than us then we get annoyed when you complain when they come out earlier here. See: M&L Dream Team and Xenoblade Chronicles.
Ok, actually going to sleep now. happy 4th of july you glorious *******s.
That really sucks because most of us love you guys. :c
And Japan and South Korea.
And the Netherlands and India.
Should I go on?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's "We think we're the world police so we should send some of our people to die in a war that doesn't affect us."
Yeah. I've always had a mindset of "we should fix ourselves before we even think of fixing other people". And hopefully by the time we "fix ourselves" we wouldn't feel the need to fix other people.

Nevertheless, I respect all veterans. I think people who take anger out on veterans for fighting wars are sick, to be honest. Direct the anger at the people who start the wars for them to risk their lives in, I think.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
EDIT 2: Also, this is only minor but us in the EU get a tiny bit jealous of how you usually get games much earlier than us then we get annoyed when you complain when they come out earlier here. See: M&L Dream Team and Xenoblade Chronicles.
Ok, actually going to sleep now. happy 4th of july you glorious *******s.
Hey, be lucky.
You guys not only (for the most part) get the better pre-order stuff, you got Super Dodge Ball months before us.
I was waiting for that game since forever.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Vegemite is the greatest spread of all time. Just letting you all know.
Jeeze, with your signature I swore you were making a DBZ joke but then I realized you were talking about that.
I heard it was pretty bad for non-Australian people, haha.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
My cat just died after 12 long years, ahh I've been bracing myself for this, but nothing can prepare you for death. I never want another pet again, to go through illness with a pet and all that worry is traumatizing.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I can't believe I did this but I had to at one point.

A few months after E3 (in this case, August), I was mostly lurking here and rarely posting. But I remember that I read some pages in the old general thread where it was the most hilarious thing I've read on this forum. As crazy as it sounds, I found them!

So, there was back then a let's say "unpleasant user" (quotes aren't here for nothing) that basically trolled a lot in the character discussion thread. There was so much nonsense in it that it was funny to read it but on one night, he tried to debate on the importance of fire emblem and mother with @Swampasaur (now that should remind you something).

It was so hilarious. Not just because of the arguments but because there was like 3 members that was making funny comments. While another just kept listening to zelda tp ost (btw, when I will decide to get this game? anyway...).

That's why I love those kind of threads but that was worth to read SO MUCH.
I don't think TheDivineDeity was a troll...

I won't lie though, his arguments against FE and Mother were stupid. When he first joined, he removed the Mother characters from his roster because "he didn't care for them and thought the series was boring" or something like that.

I've considered asking the admins or mods to unban him on occasion, but I've decided not to.

It'd be kinda like taking a bullied kid back to his old school. People have gossiped about him and tend to see him as this "guy who should not be named", so I think he'd only be getting more annoyances from the crowd than anything.

Vegemite is the greatest spread of all time. Just letting you all know.
Noh, that honor goes to Nutella.

My cat just died after 12 long years, ahh I've been bracing myself for this, but nothing can prepare you for death. I never want another pet again, to go through illness with a pet and all that worry is traumatizing.
I know that feel.
I had a cat like that who got old and had to be put down in May of 2013. He was only a year or two younger than me, so he was around 20 years old at the time.

----

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah, I would imagine. I'm 18 with no job experience, but I'm a university student myself. I figure I'll just try to get internships to build up experience.
Heh. I'll be going into my last year of high school after this Summer.

I had a really ****ed up 7th grade lol, that was the only year that I was full home-"schooled" and it went badly as my dad had gotten a new job and me and my mom had to travel back and forth from Houston to San Antonio to visit him and we would end up forgetting to take the books and my mom got surgery that year as well which was turmoil, it was just a busy busy year and I was unable to grasp anything that grade year due to all the **** going on so I had to repeat 7th grade because of it, which was when I was put into an online public school. Haven't had any problems since though.

Xenoblade isn't quite a good comparison. It's doubtful we would have even gotten that game, and The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, if it weren't for Project Rainfall, I don't care what Nintendo said about petitions but Rainfall was the reason we did get those games. And they were direct ports of what the English got, accent and all.

Otherwise yea, I can agree. I just don't see Xenoblade in the same light.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh good. Yes, Vietnam was obnoxious which lead on from the Korean War, which lead from the US' post-WWII policies within south east Asia.
Current Iraq is almost a complete clone. "The US came, it saw, it probably kicked some ass and blew up some ****, and then left people to pick up the pieces. Then when the **** hits the fan, presidents needing to remain populist will never publicly admit America ****ed up while at the same time never willing to take responsibility because "wars aren't popular". The average American considering these problems as "all the same ****" or "another war we shouldn't be involved in" is pretty favourable propaganda for the American government.

If America actually acted in interests other than its own over the past 70 years (i.e. mess up Russia/control oil or trade routes throughout the Pacific/Indian oceans), we wouldn't have had Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Vietnam, North Korea, conflict rising in Ukraine (Russians wanting nationalism but European Union/Nato are against it because ITS RUSSIA), Egypt continually having civil revolution (Egypt relies on US aid to survive, and hold the country's leadership on ransom, so the people just revolt against the current government on a rinse repeat every year until they give up or kill themselves: US POLICY) [US economic involvement with other Middle East countries is more obfuscated than Egypt]. ETC ETC ETC ETC

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Jeeze, with your signature I swore you were making a DBZ joke but then I realized you were talking about that.
I heard it was pretty bad for non-Australian people, haha.
I could almost live off Vegemite. The secret is, cook some toast, then have about 70% butter to 30% Vegemite.

I don't understand why it's not a standard thing across the world.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh good. Yes, Vietnam was obnoxious which lead on from the Korean War, which lead from the US' post-WWII policies within south east Asia.
Current Iraq is almost a complete clone. "The US came, it saw, it probably kicked some *** and blew up some ****, and then left people to pick up the pieces then when the **** hits the fan it's presidents needing to remain populist must never publicly admit America ****ed up while at the same time never willing to take responsibility because "wars aren't popular". The average American considering these problems as "all the same ****" is pretty favourable to the American government.

If America actually acted in interests other than its own over the past 70 years (i.e. mess up Russia/control oil or trade routes throughout the Pacific/Indian oceans), we wouldn't have had Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Vietnam, North Korea, conflict rising in Ukraine (Russians wanting nationalism but European Union/Nato are against it because ITS RUSSIA), Egypt continually having civil revolution (Egypt relies on US aid to survive, and hold the country ransom, so the people just revolt against the current government on a rinse repeat every year until they give up or kill themselves: US POLICY) [US economic involvement with other Middle East countries is more obfuscated than Egypt]. ETC ETC ETC ETC
Usually we try to help but it sometimes falls on its face meaning a lot of meaningless deaths.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
How is everyone's Summers going?
I feel like I'll just get lazy and fat waiting for the game to come out in Japan in September. I don't mind spoilers. I don't even consider them spoilers for Smash 4.
I'm working summer job and don't know what to do next.
Video games but not that much.

Even if I wanted to embellish my summer this far I couldn't, it has been terrible. when I consider throwing myself into animal crossing again I know it's bad

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sorry to hear that :( I had to get my dog of 14 years put down last year. I've been to a few funerals in my life, but saying goodbye to Pepper was the hardest thing I ever had to do.

Noh, that honor goes to Nutella.

----

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hear Vegemite is made out of meconium. Is that true?
It vegemite.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i'm very sorry.
I could almost live off Vegemite. The secret is, cook some toast, then have about 70% butter to 30% Vegemite.

I don't understand why it's not a standard thing across the world.
I suppose if what's on my toast is mostly butter than I'm fine with it.

Thanks!, and I know posting that can attract a pity party but I'd like to avoid that, no offense..
Perfectly understandable.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sorry for your loss.
But you should definitely get another just because one part of that cat's life was bad doesn't mean you didn't enjoy the rest of its life.
What I'm saying is the good definitely weighs out the bad and you'll have a lot of joy in another animal if you love it like you did (place cats name here).

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Sorry for your loss.
But you should definitely get another just because one part of that cat's life was bad doesn't mean you didn't enjoy the rest of its life.
What I'm saying is the good definitely weighs out the bad and you'll have a lot of joy in another animal if you love it like you did (place cats name here).
Thanks,it's worth a try
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Usually we try to help but it sometimes falls on its face meaning a lot of meaningless deaths.
Define "help". All I think of when I hear "America helping nations on the other side of the globe" is Jarvan or Anivia in league of legends griefing their team mates by ulting/walling your team within enemy fire. America removes a dictator and finds something they find most appropriate to take over (P.S. they did this in Ukraine mere MONTHS ago, it's a lot to do with the reason why the Russian separatists started acting), which is literally another dictator or other form of totalitarianism. The people persecuted start to revolt and our killed by their governments (or put into prisons and are never seen again) and discontent continue to grow year by year until things pop, and then, ONLY THEN is there suddenly a realisation by the Western world there's a problem and through sheer ignorance of the general public the response is "it's not our responsibility, it isn't our fault and we aren't willing to do anything".

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Alternative ending:
I appreciate the Loony Toons reference in the first one.
Either way, in Mario Maker i'll probably make things like that to try and challenge myself to beating impossible levels...
Just like I did in Lunar Magic.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I appreciate the Loony Toons reference in the first one.
Either way, in Mario Maker i'll probably make things like that to try and challenge myself to beating impossible levels...
Just like I did in Lunar Magic.
I'm just waiting for the guy who attempts to recreate Kaizo Mario.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Define "help". All I think of when I hear "America helping nations on the other side of the globe" is Jarvan or Anivia in league of legends griefing their team mates by ulting/walling your team within enemy fire. America removes a dictator and finds something they find most appropriate to take over (P.S. they did this in Ukraine mere MONTHS ago, it's a lot to do with the reason why the Russian separatists started acting), which is literally another dictator or other form of totalitarianism. The people persecuted start to revolt and our killed by their governments (or put into prisons and are never seen again) and discontent continue to grow year by year until things pop, and then, ONLY THEN is there suddenly a realisation by the Western world there's a problem and through sheer ignorance of the general public the response is "it's not our responsibility, it isn't our fault and we aren't willing to do anything".
The western masses are ignorant sheep for the most part, unwilling to think or act for themselves unless it is to take. The average American is spoonfed and coddled by society.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"Help" is a word I use loosely as I don't think we're helping but apparently that's what the government thinks we're doing so.
Personally I think unless we are asked to "help" we should mind our own business.
But if we are the ones that caused the problem we should definitely help out in whatever way we can.
The western masses are ignorant sheep for the most part, unwilling to think for themselves unless it is to take.
Whoa man that's harsh and something you really shouldn't post on such a culturally diverse website.
Someone might take sincere offense to that even if you are American.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The western masses are ignorant sheep for the most part, unwilling to think for themselves unless it is to take.
I uh... :urg:
That's a bit much.

I generally give the "people just lean towards being unpleasant by nature, that's why it's easier to be an asshole than to be a philanthropist" talk, though, so it's not like I don't understand what you're saying. I find people around here rather ignorant and sheepish too.

It's another thing when people generalize to the point where I actually feel the need to defend myself in that regard though. But it's alright.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"Help" is a word I use loosely as I don't think we're helping but apparently that's what the government thinks we're doing so.
Personally I think unless we are asked to "help" we should mind our own business.
But if we are the ones that caused the problem we should definitely help out in whatever way we can.
But it will result in "needless" deaths.

Whoa man that's harsh and something you really shouldn't post on such a culturally diverse website.
Someone might take sincere offense to that even if you are American.
It's known as human nature.
You shouldn't be upset. If you're never provoked to think about consequences, you will always choose to remain ignorant and will always make choices that benefit yourself.

I WILL SAY THOUGH, that it's a tone I don't think we should devolve into, as people will likely get a bit upset at that. So perhaps it's best we wrap this up, or at the very least steer ourselves away from uber negatives (albeit it's my fault).

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But it will result in "needless" deaths.

It's known as human nature.
You shouldn't be upset. If you're never provoked to think about your consequences, you will always choose to remain ignorant and will always make choices that benefit yourself.
Why all of a sudden are we being attacked I thought we were having a civilized discussion I apologize if I offended you I mean...
I don't understand this hostility.
I didn't know I was being "Ignorant".
I thought I was having a civilized discussion with a civilized person?
I...
Goodnight everyone.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So perhaps it's best we wrap this up, or at the very least steer ourselves away from uber negatives (albeit it's my fault).
Right, so I like pie, who else likes pie?:lol: Needless to say, I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom