• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The shareholder doesn't want high quality products, he wants money.
And, unfortunately, that's the problem with the industry nowadays. It's better to make the same crap rather than make quality products that take time and dedication.

Case in point: those series that get a sequel every year with little to no changes from the previous entry. Yet people buy those sequels every single time.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
People are mad about the comment the Nintendo shareholder made. They should not be. The shareholder has the company's best interests at heart, because their best interests are his best interests. Therefore, in the end, the shareholder would want high-quality products, no doubt.
What did this shareholder say exactly?

I want to know.
What is your biggest desire for 3DS and what's your biggest desire for WiiU?
Obviously Smash on both, but im really excited for the Wii U to get Hyrule Warriors, Zelda U, FExSMT, and Xenoblade. Im actually pretty excited for Splatoon too.

For 3DS, I actually am not really excited for much. They didnt say much or anything about 3DS titles at E3, so most of my focus is on Wii U. But with the rumored Metroid titles coming, thats what I will probably jump on. Smash bros for 3DS is all I will be playing once it comes out

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And, unfortunately, that's the problem with the industry nowadays. It's better to make the same crap rather than make quality products that take time and dedication.

Case in point: those series that get a sequel every year with little to no changes from the previous entry. Yet people buy those sequels every single time.
Yeah. That does seem like major issue these days. Though luckily they aren't always exclusive.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I can actually tell it's not double posting because of each other's mains
I want to know.
Majoras Mask 3D and some kinda Sonic HD collection with complete hd graphic remakes of Sonic Adventure, SA2, Heroes, and a FIXED UP Sonic 06

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I want to know.
3DS: For there to be a FE6 remake, fixing a lot of the things in the original game. Also, they would change the story a little to make Roy 1/4 dragon, and be able to transform into an Ice Dragon, basically making Eliwood x Ninian canon.

Wii U: A sequel to FE6, starring Roy. The game will also be bundled with the FE6 remake and FE7 GBA game. The sequel's story would be the most epic story ever in the FE universe, game will have amazing gameplay and replay value, and Roy would be older, more sexy, and still be able to turn into a dragon = badass. Famitsu would rate the game 100/40 and then Roy would be in all future installments of Smash because the FE6 sequel sold a bajillion copies and IS is rich forever. The End.

Oh, and all the games would be available worldwide, Mars and all other planets in our Solar System, and other galaxies.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Majoras Mask 3D and some kinda Sonic HD collection with complete hd graphic remakes of Sonic Adventure, SA2, Heroes, and a FIXED UP Sonic 06
Now this I would actually like to see, however it is a pipe dream.

Sonic 06 without the loading times and horrible glitches might not so bad. Though, personally, I think I would rather they just let that one lie; however, a remake of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 would be nice.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Now this I would actually like to see, however it is a pipe dream.

Sonic 06 without the loading times and horrible glitches might not so bad. Though, personally, I think I would rather they just let that one lie; however, a remake of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 would be nice.
But the horrible glitches is what made it so good.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Making quality money =/= making a quality product.
Breh do you even sales degree.
Quality is money, no doubt!

Of course, then there are those darn video game connoisseurs or something who criticize things like design and innovation, blech!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know the controversy surrounding the segregated esports tournament for hearthstone

well, it turns out even games like chess have segregated tournaments

Kind of strange

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
If it's the one I think you're referring to.
He got mad because the other business members were discussing video games.
Well thats dumb. Did he/she realize that Nintendi has to make ganes to make money? Or did they forget?

Pretty frustrating if you ask me.

I find it really funny how people (typically dudebros) claim all Ninty does is remakes of Mario and Pokemon and their tired of it, when in reality EVERY game company with a successful franchise will milk it for all its worth. And actually, the only game we will get once a year is a 2D Mario, which doesnt happen all the time either. At the rate theyre going, COD and AC are going to pass some Nintendo series in number because they pump a new one out every year.

While I actually like COD and AC to a point, I cant justify buying the new title every year, especially since there is little/no changes. AC had a fresh idea when they started, being free running, but now they are riding on the success of their previous installments.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That's not really true about chess. There are occasional women's events as an attempt to get more women involved. They are not really mainstream and do not represent standard competitive play; standard competitive play is fully integrated between the genders. This is the only sane way to run any competitive video game as well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Breh do you even sales degree.
Quality is money, no doubt!

Of course, then there are those darn video game connoisseurs or something who criticize things like design and innovation, blech!
"Innovative"? Is there really anything that could be considered innovation anymore? Nowadays people are too scared to try anything that's not a cover-based shooter.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
YO!! I wish everyone in the character sub-forum would read this before blindly saying character X should be in Smash.

Factors:
  1. Character individuality.
    1. What strategic options can they have to set them apart from the cast.
  2. Does their playstyle reference and/or call back to their respective games.
  3. Are they fun to play.
I love how sales and relevancy aren't even listed. It's moveset potential, individuality of the fighter and more importantly the entertainment value.
I hope this doesn't get perpetuated as rules to get into Smash just like that similar list by Sakurai.

Can the game please just come out and speculation just die :(

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"Innovative"? Is there really anything that could be considered innovation anymore? Nowadays people are too scared to try anything that's not a cover-based shooter.
Have you ever played an indie game? Maybe most of them aren't necessarily "innovative" but they are intuitive.

Also, here's an example of an innovative shooter

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty frustrating if you ask me.

I find it really funny how people (typically dudebros) claim all Ninty does is remakes of Mario and Pokemon and their tired of it, when in reality EVERY game company with a successful franchise will milk it for all its worth. And actually, the only game we will get once a year is a 2D Mario, which doesnt happen all the time either. At the rate theyre going, COD and AC are going to pass some Nintendo series in number because they pump a new one out every year.

While I actually like COD and AC to a point, I cant justify buying the new title every year, especially since there is little/no changes. AC had a fresh idea when they started, being free running, but now they are riding on the success of their previous installments.
Indeed, it's true. Every company has its milking franchise, sadly.

2D Mario has been milked lately and that's worthy of criticism. But then you have series like Smash Bros. and Zelda that only are released every few years with long development times and each installment feels different from the one before.

What I think is that a game series needs to be given time. When sequels get released nonstop, the series gets a big decrease in quality because there's not enough time to discuss new ideas for the series.

The ones at fault are both companies who don't take risks and the consumers that will buy anything, convincing companies to assume their actual philosophies.

I think even worst offenders are those sports games like FIFA or PES. Every single year, a game is released and each sequel hardly looks different from the previous game, yet those games sell like crazy. People are willing to buy the exact same game every single year. With such mentalities, no wonder the industry is in decline when it comes to quality and innovation.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wait, so in standard chess tourneys, men and women aren't separated? That's good to hear because I always thought they were (maybe it's a misconception?).

It just saddens me when segregation happens in eSports, because this is the perfect place to not have such restrictions.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well, one of their reasoning to separate guys and girls WAS "What if a girl beats a guy?"

...It'll crush his ego
this is a headscratcher

Indeed, it's true. Every company has its milking franchise, sadly.

2D Mario has been milked lately and that's worthy of criticism. But then you have series like Smash Bros. and Zelda that only are released every few years with long development times and each installment feels different from the one before.
Even then New Super Mario Bros. Wah series is only released once for every platform. Doesn't change they are generally...very similar.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want to know.

Wii U:

1. A new F-Zero, Metroid, Earthbound, and Starfox game. I've never played much of those series, I just want all NIntendo's fans to be happy.
2. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword remakes (mostly the latter for the GamePad integration)
3. An Ice Climbers & Mach Rider revival game
4. A HD port/sequel to FE Awakening
5. A MEGA MAN REVIVAL GAME.
6. A little bit less than the others, I want Dark Souls 1 & 2 to be ported to Wii U

3DS:

1. Majora's Mask 3D
2. A revival game for Mr. Game & Watch

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, one of their reasoning to separate guys and girls WAS "What if a girl beats a guy?"

...It'll crush his ego
Which is terrible because, at least in Western cultures, being beaten by a girl is basically taught to us as being the worst thing ever. I got a good lesson about this back in the Brawl when I used to host and participate in online tournaments. For whatever reason, Dabuz made me believe he was a girl and we ended up getting into the finals of a small tournament. Needless to say, I got my ass handed to me and I took it HORRIBLY. I was not only ashamed of losing but also ashamed that I was ashamed of losing to a girl. I remember talking to him about how deeply ingrained it was in me, growing up with the idea that you didn't lose to girls, period, and how I wish it didn't bother me so much. It literally took me days to finally get over but it left me with a lot to think about. Over the years I've come to realize how embarrassingly fragile the male ego is and how the ideal of "the perfect man" is just as destructive as that of "the perfect woman."

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm going to the dentist tommorrow. #scared

I won't be able to see the pic of the day untill later.
I dislike the dentist, especially since I have braces the procedure is a bit different and longer. But these things have to be done, and I'm thankful that I have such a nice dentist (I've had the same one and assistant since I was born lol).

Fix that,please.
The first line makes it seem like you wanted segregation.
Wha? I don't get it, but if you insist...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Going to the County Fair with my family today. I've been to it once already this month, but I mainly went that day just for this specific show that was only being performed on that one day, and we didn't really have the time to stay for much else after that.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Which is terrible because, at least in Western cultures, being beaten by a girl is basically taught to us as being the worst thing ever. I got a good lesson about this back in the Brawl when I used to host and participate in online tournaments. For whatever reason, Dabuz made me believe he was a girl and we ended up getting into the finals of a small tournament. Needless to say, I got my *** handed to me and I took it HORRIBLY. I was not only ashamed of losing but also ashamed that I was ashamed of losing to a girl. I remember talking to him about how deeply ingrained it was in me, growing up with the idea that you didn't lose to girls, period, and how I wish it didn't bother me so much. It literally took me days to finally get over but it left me with a lot to think about. Over the years I've come to realize how embarrassingly fragile the male ego is and how the ideal of "the perfect man" is just as destructive as that of "the perfect woman."
Wow, that's an interesting story.

Sometimes it sucks to be like me and not conform to male stereotypes (and social constructs in general) because I can't empathize with anybody.

In fact, because of the social stigma that girls can't play games (or are restricted in physical activities) the thought of a girl beating me horribly in anything actually excites me because it proves those stereotypes wrong.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Which is terrible because, at least in Western cultures.
My mother never let us beat her in games. She shrekt all of us in every board and card game ez all day every day. Muh sisters.

I guess I'm the exception that proves the rule, but none of my friends were raised the way thinking that being beaten by grills was a thing to be ashamed of!

If you ask me, it's pride. Pride is that which gives an inflated sense of self-worth, therefore that which causes frustration or shame at being humbled.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My mother can't get past the first level in super mario bros 3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, Nintendo released a KID'S game, mind you, in the eshop called "Bombing *******s"

Notice how SWF censors that word

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My mother never let us beat her in games. She shrekt all of us in every board and card game ez all day every day. Muh sisters.
Growing up, I was largely taught that getting beat in board and card games didn't really count because part of it had to with chance anyways. In my family, especially my grandmother, the women are significantly better than the men at cards. Sports, on the other hand, was entirely different. If you got beat by a girl, you wouldn't hear the end of it for a long time and I had friends who had dads who would kick the crap out of them if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom