• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Ugh... My laptop just started shutting off randomly which I can only assume is because of dirty fans which have no way of fixing right now... And I finally lost the plastic covering for my circle pad. :facepalm:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I made a list and I have one custom move left. For 34 characters.

This is gonna take a lot of trophy rushes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is a punishment isn't it?
What did we do wrong?
WHAT?
TELL US SAKURAI!
It can be kind of annoying. But I'm making progress. I got about dozen characters completed. Not counting the 3 Mii styles and Palutena of course. I'm so close to finishing Robin, Pikachu, Charizard, Ike, Lucario, Toon Link and Rosalina.

(:4megaman::4peach::4fox::4ganondorf::4rob::4mario::4pacman::4samus::4gaw::4sonic::4zss::4littlemac:) I keep forgetting which characters I have finished. But adding this list is a good reminder.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is a punishment isn't it?
What did we do wrong?
WHAT?
TELL US SAKURAI!
Let's see.

KenithTheGatherer continually ran off Ghirahim for Smash propaganda
The whole Mario RPG fanbase never shut up about Geno, who I highly doubt will ever have anything to do with Smash
The whole Sonic fanbase wanted more playable representation, which I doubt unless Nintendo buys SEGA
People on Miiverse went off topic about Shrek
Scatmansworld25 never went a day without saying "Vaati"
BluePikmin11 wanted Dr Kawashima so badly
And of course Smash Daddy thought Waluigi being playable was even possible.

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Hey, hey. This is where suggestions for Smash 5 are posted, right? Well it is now. Here's what I've got.

New characters--

Prince of Sablé

Phosphora

Saki

Skull Kid

Takamaru

Waluigi

Bring back Ice Climbers and Mewtwo (but make Mewtwo different enough from what Lucario is now)

Mr. Resetti would be cool to have as an assist trophy again, too.

And that's what I've got. 'But guavadorf!' you might be saying, 'Those new characters are all assist trophies now!' Fair enough. But seeing them in play made me realize that they would probably make good full-fledged characters. Some of them seem to be better personalities and more unique and representative of their series than... well, I'm cool with the current roster. It just seems like those six (plus one if you read the second to last paragraph) seem to have both a better future and history with Nintendo than people like Shulk or Robin (or Pac-Man, even). And I know moves could be made with them, because a) some already have, and b) moves can be made with anyone.

Not to sound like I'm complaining. I dig the 3DS Smash, most definitely. I'm thinking way too far in advance, possibly.

Oh yeah, and the Flying Man, too. For the lulz. If he wasn't famous before, he is now.

Since I accurately predicted Robin and Lucina getting in the game with no Chrom, I'll say that at least four out of those seven will make it into the next game, for a safe bet, when and if a next game exists. We'll see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai's punishing this fanbase for their misdeeds.

He has partnered with the RNG goddess to laugh at the players' misery.
Little does he know I have become one with RNGeesus, and I will beat his challenge!
It can be kind of annoying. But I'm making progress. I got about dozen characters completed. Not counting the 3 Mii styles and Palutena of course. I'm so close to finishing Robin, Pikachu, Charizard, Ike, Lucario, Toon Link and Rosalina.

(:4megaman::4peach::4fox::4ganondorf::4rob::4mario::4pacman::4samus::4gaw::4sonic::4zss::4littlemac:) I keep forgetting which characters I have finished. But adding this list is a good reminder.
I'm about halfway through, about 250 out of 500 something I believe? It's just more tedious than anything.
EDIT: Did the correct math, there's a total of 423 custom moves in the entire game excluding Palutena and the Miis. I'm closer than
EDIT AGAIN: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING SOMEONE TELL ME HOW MANY CUSTOM MOVES THERE ARE

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's see.

KenithTheGatherer continually ran off Ghirahim for Smash propaganda
The whole Mario RPG fanbase never shut up about Geno, who I highly doubt will ever have anything to do with Smash
The whole Sonic fanbase wanted more playable representation, which I doubt unless Nintendo buys SEGA
People on Miiverse went off topic about Shrek
BluePikmin11 wanted Dr Kawashima so badly
And of course Smash Daddy thought Waluigi being playable was even possible.
I wanted Robin and Dark Pit and got both.

(I wanted Mewtwo and Ghirahim too, though.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All i need is :4metaknight: and :4gaw: and i'm done with custom moves...

Only two characters to go? You're putting in work. Or you're super lucky. Now that I think of it, I still have a ton of those hats to get. I want my damn Captain Falcon Helmet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I need only one more move to have all Ganondorf specials. Same for Robin.

I have all specials for: :4pit::4darkpit:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Characters huh? I only wanted Palutena, and previously wanted Jr (during the Brawl times), so I was lucky on Jr.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
47 characters times 8 custom moves is 376 custom moves.
If that's the case, I'm more than half-way done with the moves. I got a bit over 250. It's usually the best to go at it with one character at a time in Smash Run. That's how I was able a ton of moves in like, two days.

Falco and Villager are gonna take a while I think. Because I've only gotten a single move of theirs. Everybody else, I've gotten at least 3 moves for I think.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do ... I just ****in' hate this world. And the human worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance and no life is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill. And it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins here.
Have you ever heard of a thing called happiness? :D

Seriously though, that was pretty dark....

The biggest annoyances I'm having are:
  1. People who leave straight after the first match, whether they win or lose. Gives me the impression they're running away or they want to face "a better challenge." I only accept it if the lag between us is bad.
  2. When I face a guy who beats me the first couple of rounds, but the instant I win a match, they immediately leave. It's dumb. >.>
My thoughts exactly....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder what happened to Special Smash in the 3DS version.

There is an unused announcer clip found in the game and unlike other unused clips, this one can be heard in the Sound Test.

Plus, Smash Run's final battles sometimes use options found in Special Brawl such as flower, stamina, 300%, giant size and so on.

So, if the game can handle all that stuff, why wasn't Special Smash? Time constraints? Maybe it will be patched into the game later?

It really makes me think...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Have you ever heard of a thing called happiness? :D

Seriously though, that was pretty dark....
But I wasn't quoting myself. I was quoting Mr. Notem Portant, protagonist from the most edgiest game of all time, Hatred.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've got a few complete characters now:
:4pacman::4gaw::4olimar::4ness::4kirby::4palutena::4sonic::4fox:

Though what really bothers me is that I have five Smash Run Powers left and the game refuses to give me any new ones...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have no idea of how many moves I have, but my priorities are getting all of Robin and Ganondorf's special moves.

Fortunately, both only have one move remaining: Down 3 for Ganondorf, Up 2 for Robin.

Characters huh? I only wanted Palutena, and previously wanted Jr (during the Brawl times), so I was lucky on Jr.
I wanted Bowser Jr. back in the Brawl days too. lol

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
At least we're getting customs ahead of time.
I wonder what the players who don't have the 3DS version will be like when they finally start unlocking stuff on the WiiU ver--
Oh.
Oh lawd.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Hey, hey. This is where suggestions for Smash 5 are posted, right? Well it is now. Here's what I've got.

New characters--

Prince of Sablé

Phosphora

Saki

Skull Kid

Takamaru

Waluigi

Bring back Ice Climbers and Mewtwo (but make Mewtwo different enough from what Lucario is now)

Mr. Resetti would be cool to have as an assist trophy again, too.

And that's what I've got. 'But guavadorf!' you might be saying, 'Those new characters are all assist trophies now!' Fair enough. But seeing them in play made me realize that they would probably make good full-fledged characters. Some of them seem to be better personalities and more unique and representative of their series than... well, I'm cool with the current roster. It just seems like those six (plus one if you read the second to last paragraph) seem to have both a better future and history with Nintendo than people like Shulk or Robin (or Pac-Man, even). And I know moves could be made with them, because a) some already have, and b) moves can be made with anyone.

Not to sound like I'm complaining. I dig the 3DS Smash, most definitely. I'm thinking way too far in advance, possibly.

Oh yeah, and the Flying Man, too. For the lulz. If he wasn't famous before, he is now.

Since I accurately predicted Robin and Lucina getting in the game with no Chrom, I'll say that at least four out of those seven will make it into the next game, for a safe bet, when and if a next game exists. We'll see.
Thisi is random, but I love the selections. So, good job, I guess...

D

Deleted member

At least we're getting customs ahead of time.
I wonder what the players who don't have the 3DS version will be like when they finally start unlocking stuff on the WiiU ver--
Oh.
Oh lawd.
I have the 3DS version and I'll still end up like that.

Soul.

I wonder what happened to Special Smash in the 3DS version.

There is an unused announcer clip found in the game and unlike other unused clips, this one can be heard in the Sound Test.

Plus, Smash Run's final battles sometimes use options found in Special Brawl such as flower, stamina, 300%, giant size and so on.

So, if the game can handle all that stuff, why wasn't Special Smash? Time constraints? Maybe it will be patched into the game later?

It really makes me think...
At the very best, Special Smash will come back in a future update, just like amiibo coming to Smash 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom