• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Hey, hey. This is where suggestions for Smash 5 are posted, right? Well it is now. Here's what I've got.

New characters--

Prince of Sablé

Phosphora

Saki

Skull Kid

Takamaru

Waluigi

Bring back Ice Climbers and Mewtwo (but make Mewtwo different enough from what Lucario is now)

Mr. Resetti would be cool to have as an assist trophy again, too.

And that's what I've got. 'But guavadorf!' you might be saying, 'Those new characters are all assist trophies now!' Fair enough. But seeing them in play made me realize that they would probably make good full-fledged characters. Some of them seem to be better personalities and more unique and representative of their series than... well, I'm cool with the current roster. It just seems like those six (plus one if you read the second to last paragraph) seem to have both a better future and history with Nintendo than people like Shulk or Robin (or Pac-Man, even). And I know moves could be made with them, because a) some already have, and b) moves can be made with anyone.

Not to sound like I'm complaining. I dig the 3DS Smash, most definitely. I'm thinking way too far in advance, possibly.

Oh yeah, and the Flying Man, too. For the lulz. If he wasn't famous before, he is now.

Since I accurately predicted Robin and Lucina getting in the game with no Chrom, I'll say that at least four out of those seven will make it into the next game, for a safe bet, when and if a next game exists. We'll see.
Needs more Vaati.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Hey, hey. This is where suggestions for Smash 5 are posted, right? Well it is now. Here's what I've got.

New characters--

Prince of Sablé

Phosphora

Saki

Skull Kid

Takamaru

Waluigi

Bring back Ice Climbers and Mewtwo (but make Mewtwo different enough from what Lucario is now)

Mr. Resetti would be cool to have as an assist trophy again, too.

And that's what I've got. 'But guavadorf!' you might be saying, 'Those new characters are all assist trophies now!' Fair enough. But seeing them in play made me realize that they would probably make good full-fledged characters. Some of them seem to be better personalities and more unique and representative of their series than... well, I'm cool with the current roster. It just seems like those six (plus one if you read the second to last paragraph) seem to have both a better future and history with Nintendo than people like Shulk or Robin (or Pac-Man, even). And I know moves could be made with them, because a) some already have, and b) moves can be made with anyone.

Not to sound like I'm complaining. I dig the 3DS Smash, most definitely. I'm thinking way too far in advance, possibly.

Oh yeah, and the Flying Man, too. For the lulz. If he wasn't famous before, he is now.

Since I accurately predicted Robin and Lucina getting in the game with no Chrom, I'll say that at least four out of those seven will make it into the next game, for a safe bet, when and if a next game exists. We'll see.
But you forgot two shoe-ins: 8th Gen Psychic Movie Pokémon and Blue-Haired Fire Emblem Lord with a Sword #6.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just got a notification for 250 special moves. Well, slowly but surely...

Still haven't gotten a single new Smash Run Power or hat in hours.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
How many hats are there in total? Any tips on the best way to get them?

Either the game doesn't like me, or I'm doing it wrong.
I counted 54 might need to recount but yeah, Smash Run does the trick.

It is honestly a matter of luck with these things

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I counted 54 might need to recount but yeah, Smash Run does the trick.
I have 35... 19 left to go. Come on game. I have way more custom moves left, but at least I'm steadily getting them.

Still not getting any Smash Run Powers, so close to finishing that challenge too.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
About hats, there's 55. I'm missing 6 of them.

After I get those and the two random trophies I'm missing, I've 100%'d this game.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Just got a notification for 250 special moves. Well, slowly but surely...

Still haven't gotten a single new Smash Run Power or hat in hours.
I have 47 headgears...haven't gotten any new ones in days. I have 13 more headgears to get that are listed on the SmashWiki that I haven't got yet.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mew dropped a custom item off the edge of Pictochat...it could have potentially been a new hat. :(

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Captain Falcon is so satisfying to use in Smash Run, it's insane. So many knees...

The Knee causes knockback to everything. You can take down a Reaper in three hits before it even has a chance to spot you.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm honestly not too focused on getting all the customs. I'm casually playing through the game at this point. I already have all the customs for my mains anyway. If I continue playing casually, I'll unlock them all eventually. Maybe not soon, but someday.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon is so satisfying to use in Smash Run, it's insane. So many knees...

The Knee causes knockback to everything. You can take down a Reaper in three hits before it even has a chance to spot you.
Not sure if you unlocked this yet, but Mega Falcon Punch is insanely broken. All that damage and knockback can plow entire crowds of enemies (dat cannonball effect though.)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Does it cause knockback to the Smash Run map itself?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That Mario Kart Moment when;
The Top 3 Racers (in this case, me as Shy Guy, another Shy Guy and a Mii) are in a ball together, and someone throws a Blue Shell, causing everyone to hit the brakes and back up constantly to try and get the other players hit.
It's Chaos.

D

Deleted member

That Mario Kart Moment when;
The Top 3 Racers (in this case, me as Shy Guy, another Shy Guy and a Mii) are in a ball together, and someone throws a Blue Shell, causing everyone to hit the brakes and back up constantly to try and get the other players hit.
It's Chaos.
I always try that.
It never works

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
What do you guys think of these? Sound a little too similar?

Relevant to Mega Man, another Capcom game from the era, Final Fight, had characters named Axl and Slash, as in from Guns N' Roses. Few other band references too, including the character Poison.
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/ffonline/final_fight_page_000032.htm
It's interesting how game developers use rock music to influence their music and characters. Guilty Gear is choc full 'o' them.

Example 1: One of I-No's victory animations in GGX2 has her play a 6-second guitar solo taken from that of Metallica's "One".
Example 2: Potemkin's theme, "Burly Heart", has riffs that sound strikingly similar to those in Led Zepplin's "Kashmir" almost down to the chords.

As far as Guns 'n' Roses goes, Axl Low is also the name of a playable character. Obvious reference to Axl Rose.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

Apperently you for posting it here :troll:

Anywho, what game mode is best for farming custom moves? I haven't completed a singe one (thought I'm just one short for a few characters?
IMO Smash Run. No matter what you are guaranteed to get at least 5 custom parts without having to do any home menu trick on the Classic roulette, and on average most Smash Run games are about as long as your standard Classic run on 9.0.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Apperently you for posting it here :troll:

Anywho, what game mode is best for farming custom moves? I haven't completed a singe one (thought I'm just one short for a few characters?
Treasure chests, enemy drops, and otherwordly doors are guaranteed to be encountered at least once and the randomly-generated layout of these facets can yield a huge influx of customs in 5 minutes depending on your path. If you play one character in roster order until you get the notification that all their customs are unlocked, then its more efficient to manage.

Just be mindful of who you're currently trying to complete. For example, I got all of Mario's moves within under a couple days except his Explosive Jump Punch, which is unlocked through a challenge. This can make completing his customs a drag if you aren't aware of this.

ARE YOU READY FOR MONDAY?

YO YO WHO'S ****IN' HYPED FO' SUM MENUS!?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I made a friend with a Japanese Shy Guy player
we're helping eachother out on the WW
Too bad you can't add people to your Friends List from WW :(

Status
Not open for further replies.