• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be off topic for a sec, a guy on Reddit noticed something about Master Core.

Looks like Gigyas in a way doesn't it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's what happens when something with a swirling energy texture goes into a solid red color.
Just a coincidence.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Listen kid, making a game takes lots of time. You have to make each character and item model, scenario, animations, program the music, textures and a very large list of things to do. Not only that, but he had to make a game for two consoles at the same time and with an injured arm.
Unfortunately there will be people unsatisfied with the roster no matter which characters are added/excluded. Even putting resources into other areas of the game such as Story Mode would have drained resources from elsewhere, but people will fail to realize that as well. Stay salty haters.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Guys, I need to be frank.... We need a nintendo direct. We haven't got one since E3! It should be a nintendo direct that hyped up the wii u for holiday season. Like showing off more of Zelda Wii U, Star Fox U, Smash for Wii U, Yarn Yoshi, Mariokart 8 Dlc, Hyrule Warriors DLC, Xenoblade X, and Splatoon would be a real kick starter for the system. I am sorry and people will probably disagree with me, but not having a direct since E3 is ridiculous considering Nintendo has always been doing a direct about once every 2 months.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Guys, I need to be frank.... We need a nintendo direct. We haven't got one since E3! It should be a nintendo direct that hyped up the wii u for holiday season. Like showing off more of Zelda Wii U, Star Fox U, Smash for Wii U, Yarn Yoshi, Mariokart 8 Dlc, Hyrule Warriors DLC, Xenoblade X, and Splatoon would be a real kick starter for the system. I am sorry and people will probably disagree with me, but not having a direct since E3 is ridiculous considering Nintendo has always been doing a direct about once every 2 months.
We have gotten some directs, we just had not had global ones yet.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Am I the only one who's still jaw dropped at the new Final Destinations (the original ones)? Like holy s*** the 3DS one is beautiful but then there's the Wii U verison

The images of the sun and earth with them rotating around each other with meteors coming out of the center is just f***ing breathtakingly beautiful and I love how much work they put into it (unlike brawl's which was just kinda lame tbh lol. the platform looked so stale...)

Can you imagine grand finals of evo with the final match of grand finals being on this stage with the new melee song playing in the background? Sorry, I don't mean to fangasm all over FD but its mind numbingly beautiful and I was playing on 3DS version and its just a little taste of what's to come in term of stage graphics

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Does that include Fox? I want to use his Japanese voice. xD
Sadly no unless you're in Asia. The settled languages depend on region.

For example, here in America is english, spanish, portuguese and french.

Even so his voice didn't change when I tried it.

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Sadly no unless you're in Asia. The settled languages depend on region.

For example, here in America is english, spanish, portuguese and french.

Even so his voice didn't change when I tried it.
Now that's a dying shame. Oh well.. I'm slowly getting used to it.. But I think that's a bad thing.. ^^;

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Lol, yesterday I asked when's the next Direct as I really would love to see one. Yeah, doesn't Nintendo Directs happen every 2 months? If so, then I'd expect one soon. They really should hype Wii U Smash as much as possible too (there's so many unknown things and I'd love to hear new info). And give us something, ANYTHING, on SMT x FE.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is this referencing Mother 1 because of the the aforementioned Giygas discussion or am I being a dumb?
Considering what I replied to, correct. Mewtwo was probably inspired by him(or some say they have similarties, at least). The same company made both, after all. Creatures Inc became GameFreak. Dragonite is also something that first came from the Mother series as a name, too.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Stage bosses are a cop-out for real bosses, and even worse, this game does have an amazing bossfight with Master Core, imagine how much more they could've done without crappy stage bosses.

Nice, Pikachu should get a Mystery Dungeon alt costume, would it really be that hard to give him a bandanna and a badge?
I also love how you people think that quoting things that are about a month old about me and talking about me as if I don't exist somehow makes you count as decent human beings.

I only see people who are angry because the top-requested characters were dropped in favor or no-ones like Duck Hunt Dog and Greninja.

The Lunar Sanctum's far worse with probably the cheapest Dark Pit battle on the game, a bunch of cheap Forces Of Nature enemies like those goddamn unbeatable megontas and the ones that shoot lasers from afar, unfair exotank sections and just being a REALLY long level.
I tell ya D-idara is freakin' Beetlejuice in disguise.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Considering what I replied to, correct. Mewtwo was probably inspired by him(or some say they have similarties, at least). The same company made both, after all. Creatures Inc became GameFreak. Dragonite is also something that first came from the Mother series as a name, too.
Another Mother fan! Cool!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

OMG Giygas has returned and reincarnated as Master Core.

We must try and get all the Mother games localized so we could stop Giygas from taking over the world. We need to warn everyone and prepare for battle! Don't let Master Core/Giygas control your mind, and if the monster tries to win you over to the dark side by offering you the ultimate power, say "NO!!" Fight it! Stand up and fight!

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
has anyone tried classic mode on 0.0 intensity? I can't help but wonder what it does....
That was pretty much how I passed it first.

The difficulty is called Effortless and it really lives up to the name.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Man... I am terrible at dealing with projectiles... It really doesn't help that I can rarely even reflect them because of the lag. It also doesn't help when all your opponent does is spam them...

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
OMG Giygas has returned and reincarnated as Master Core.

We must try and get all the Mother games localized so we could stop Giygas from taking over the world. We need to warn everyone and prepare for battle! Don't let Master Core/Giygas control your mind, and if the monster tries to win you over to the dark side by offering you the ultimate power, say "NO!!" Fight it! Stand up and fight!
Pray.

Who are we kidding? Mother 1 and 3 are never going to be localized ;~;

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pray.

Who are we kidding? Mother 1 and 3 are never going to be localized ;~;
Funny thing is that Mother 1 just has to be put on the VC. It already is fully translated and ready. I could see them going over it for any potential jokes to modify or bump the rating slightly at best, I guess.

D

Deleted member

It kills me that they know we want it desperately while even acknowledging that, and yet they still refuse to give it to us.
Honestly they probably think that it just wouldn't be profitable enough. Can't really blame them after the dismal sales of Earthbound in the US (initially anyway).

Last edited by a moderator:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Funny thing is that Mother 1 just has to be put on the VC. It already is fully translated and ready. I could see them going over it for any potential jokes to modify or bump the rating slightly at best, I guess.
Yeah. I've known about that. Sucks, man. .-.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While the Social is a bit more relaxed than most areas of the Smash 4 category, it does have its rules and I am here to crash it to remind everyone of them:

1) Double posting: Just edit your posts if you want to reply to someone after you initially post. You can do this by hitting Reply to the user you want to quote, copy, and paste it into your post you are editing. This will save you warnings and/or infractions.

2) Trolling other members. You may disagree with them but there isn't a need to go out of the way to try and ruin their day. Responding to trolling with flaming can also be considered an offense so if someone trolls you, just look the other way or better yet, report their asses.

3) And on the topic of asses, please do not censor dodge. Adding a star or @ or anything else that may be used to bypass the censors is grounds for a warning and/or infraction. So basically: @ss, b*tch, or fking are considered censor dodging. Just let the censor do it's work. (and please don't come crying to me that I just technically censor dodged.)

So yeah, that's about it. I had a pretty good weekend minus teh Typhoon that rolled in yesterday.

I went to Costco with my wife and friends on Sunday. There is only one Costco on Kyushu so it is quite the trip for us. About 2 hours away but it was a lot of fun. My area has some international food but not much so I picked up some bagels, Dr. Pepper, packs of chicken wings, taco seasoning, jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers, jars of nutella and peanut butter, and a huge freaking pumpkin pie. My wife and I used some of the wedding money and bought a non-oil frier, a new Christmas Tree, and a fondue pot so we are looking forward to using that.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kept going over posts trying to figure out what Venus was investigating

But I think it's a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom