• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Hey Everyone, this is Hidden Arwing~ I've joined a couple of days ago and you probably haven't noticed me coming in, but I've been hanging around the Fox Character Discussions lately~

I thought I'd explore around everywhere else.. Nice to meet you all~

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Hey Everyone, this is Hidden Arwing~ I've joined a couple of days ago and you probably haven't noticed me coming in, but I've been hanging around the Fox Character Discussions lately~

Whoo! I'm another newbie over here who just joined today! c: Nice to meet you, Arwing.

Last edited:

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Not exactly today, but Tuesday~ Nice signature! It resembles mine a bit!

Hopefully I get to fight you all when Wii U version comes out~ xD

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Well, welcome cadet. Enjoy your stay.

If you have any questions you can ask anyone. Especially @Frostwraith as he's a moderator. Though @FalKoopa also has a notable pressence.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Take in mind it only appears in your first post per page.
Aren't you one of those guys that were overly b*tching in the Ridley thread?
Overly ********? More like well-justified rage.
B-But... I-I like Greninjaaaa. ;~;
I like Greninja as well, that doesn't mean he deserved to make it in. There was virtually no demand for him, he's as bland and generic Ninja as bland, generic Ninjas get, and he has yet to make a name for himself like...say...RIDLEY!?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I stuck with Lucario, but as of late, I've been using everyone. Mainly because I'm trying to beat this game 100%.

And hey- black ninja frog forever. Just saying.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I like Greninja as well, that doesn't mean he deserved to make it in. There was virtually no demand for him, he's as bland and generic Ninja as bland, generic Ninjas get, and he has yet to make a name for himself like...say...RIDLEY!?
Greninja's quite popular in the pokemon community.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I stuck with Lucario, but as of late, I've been using everyone. Mainly because I'm trying to beat this game 100%.

And hey- black ninja frog forever. Just saying.
Yeah, shiny Greninja sure looks-Oh wait! Oh right, Sakurai! Not even getting palette swaps right for the Pokemon characters, I simply love how we get 8 colors per character yet we STILL don't have Shiny Greninja, Shiny Charizard, and they even had the nerve to remove Shiny Jigglypuff.
Greninja's quite popular in the pokemon community.
He's a textbook example of flavor of the month, he'll be forgotten as soon as something else comes along and Gamefreak wants to shoehorn them into Smash rather than bringing back the most requested cut veteran.
I think our meanings of justified differ a bit.
Verb: Justify
an outburst justified by extreme provocation; drastic measures not warranted by the circumstances.
"An enemy from Samus past might appear at any second, did I mention that particular enemy's one of the most requested characters and one of the only Nintendo All-Stars missing?"
"Boss characters will appear on other stages as erratically-moving shadows, totally a mature way to handle the expectations of one of the biggest character fanbases, it's not like I'm tormenting them constantly with stupid teasing"

Last edited:

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see a base starter Pokemon like Treecko be playable~ Treecko is a great pokemon! He's green, and he's a gecko~ xD

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What a ****ing shame. Let's go kill women and children and pillage villages over it and we'll have the happy ending we've always wanted.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The base forms of the starters are just an end to a means as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get a squirtle strictly because I love squirtle itself

I love Blastoise

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

You've come to the wrong neighborhood, ************.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Censor Dodging Warning Received
Overly *****ing? More like well-justified rage.

Justified rage? You were insulting a person who has pulled his a*s off and worked with an arm injury, sacrificing holidays and rest times to get this game finished in time. Not getting the character you want in? It's okay to be upset. Blaming it on other characters and threating said person like trash? I don't personally know Sakurai, but very spoiled from you.

A bipedal blue ninja frog Pokémon with a tongue scarf is generic? Not to mention it's one of the most popular Gen VI Pokémon.

Yeah, 'cuz giant dragons aren't anything generic...

Virtually there weren't requests for Snake in Brawl or Ice Climbers in Melee and now everyone misses them.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Good to meet Ya. I've already pointed out that I'm a StarFox fan too much on these boards, but warning: things get silly in this thread

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Last edited by a moderator:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Good to meet Ya. I've already pointed out that I'm a StarFox fan too much on these boards, but warning: things get silly in this thread
Oh, then I guess you've already visited the Fox Discussion Threads? It'd be great to see more people take an interest in Fox~

Though I guess some people are already tired of seeing him in past games.. lol

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Are you an artist? You can do art commissions. That's what I'm currently doing. And I'm getting a lot of cash~
Damn straight, commissions4life.
Justified rage? You were insulting a person who has pulled his a*s off and worked with an arm injury, sacrificing holidays and rest times to get this game finished in time. Not getting the character you want in? It's okay to be upset. Blaming it on other characters and threating said person like trash? I don't personally know Sakurai, but very spoiled from you.

A bipedal blue ninja frog Pokémon with a tongue scarf is generic?

Yeah, 'cuz giant dragons aren't anything generic...

Virtually there weren't requests for Snake in Brawl or Ice Climbers in Melee and now everyone misses them.
Most of the reactions to Greninja were 'not Mewtwo, meh...' that should give you a clue. Also, sure, Sakurai worked his ass off? How about working his ass off on: Actually-requested newcomers that the fanbase wanted, refraining from adding useless clones, giving us more alternate costumes that were requested like Outset Link and Skyloft Zelda? How about actual boss battles or a story mode? Perhaps a decloned Ganon? Or unique fighters not being cut to make room for a mess of C-Listers and clones?
Oh don't get me wrong, giant dragons are generic, you know...

Now, a DRAGON SPACE PIRATE WHO COMMANDS AN ENTIRE ARMY AND IS KNOWN NOT ONLY FOR HIS BRUTALITY AND STRENGTH, BUT FOR HOW CUNNING AND SMART HE IS!?
Now that's pretty interesting. Not to mention, grass dinosaurs and little gangster turtles are miles better than generic orange dragons as well.
What a ****ing shame. Let's go kill women and children and pillage villages over it and we'll have the happy ending we've always wanted.
That would actually be less outrageous than adding Dark Pit and Dr. Mario.

Last edited:

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Anyone up for a 1v1 right now? 2 stocks? :?
I would play you.. But I don't own a 3DS.. It's a terrible feeling~ Watching everyone play your favorite game and not being able to play.. But I must have patience~ My time will surely come~ Mwahaha~

In anycase, I am very sad Wolf did not make it into the game. Very sad. :C

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Nice to meet you. When I hear "Hidden Arwing", I think "Wolf", not Fox. :p Well, have a fun time and try to ignore some... less than reasonable messages people sometimes sent out. This happens everywhere in general. People complain, live goes on, etc. I got a ton of characters that never made it in. I'll admit I'm not pleased with some of the choices. But I can say with honesty after playing many of them they still feel pretty good anyway. My most hatee was Palutena as a choice. She's actually pretty fun!

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I would play you.. But I don't own a 3DS.. It's a terrible feeling~ Watching everyone play your favorite game and not being able to play.. But I must have patience~ My time will surely come~ Mwahaha~

In anycase, I am very sad Wolf did not make it into the game. Very sad. :C
Sorry, man. :/ At least you'll have tons of fun with the Wii U version! Which I won't have. ;c

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Nice to meet you. When I hear "Hidden Arwing", I think "Wolf", not Fox. :p Well, have a fun time and try to ignore some... less than reasonable messages people sometimes sent out. This happens everywhere in general. People complain, live goes on, etc. I got a ton of characters that never made it in. I'll admit I'm not pleased with some of the choices. But I can say with honesty after playing many of them they still feel pretty good anyway. My most hatee was Palutena as a choice. She's actually pretty fun!
Wolf's ship is actually called the Wolfen~ But yeah, I guess you're right. I made this name up a long time ago, and I've been stuck with it ever since I signed up on another site called Smash Domain. I don't really go on that site as much as this one. I'm actually more active here. There are a lot of people here I can actually speak and communicate with. Another Character I'd like to see in the game was Krystal, or Red from Solatorobo~ They'd have made nice additions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wolf's ship is actually called the Wolfen~ But yeah, I guess you're right. I made this name up a long time ago, and I've been stuck with it ever since I signed up on another site called Smash Domain. I don't really go on that site as much as this one. I'm actually more active here. There are a lot of people here I can actually speak and communicate with. Another Character I'd like to see in the game was Krystal, or Red from Solatorobo~ They'd have made nice additions.
Twas a joke. I then realized he uses a Landmaster in Smash. :facepalm:

I want all 3 SF characters in general along with Krystal myself. I find they're all great representations of the series.

Then again, the lack of a Sea Bass in all of Smash alos annoys me. Cause Sea Bass. It is awesome.(it has its own meme image, and I submitted all of 'em. >_>)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Damn straight, commissions4life.

Most of the reactions to Greninja were 'not Mewtwo, meh...' that should give you a clue. Also, sure, Sakurai worked his *** off? How about working his *** off on: Actually-requested newcomers that the fanbase wanted, refraining from adding useless clones, giving us more alternate costumes that were requested like Outset Link and Skyloft Zelda? How about actual boss battles or a story mode? Perhaps a decloned Ganon? Or unique fighters not being cut to make room for a mess of C-Listers and clones?
Oh don't get me wrong, giant dragons are generic, you know...

Now, a DRAGON SPACE PIRATE WHO COMMANDS AN ENTIRE ARMY AND IS KNOWN NOT ONLY FOR HIS BRUTALITY AND STRENGTH, BUT FOR HOW CUNNING AND SMART HE IS!?
Now that's pretty interesting. Not to mention, grass dinosaurs and little gangster turtles are miles better than generic orange dragons as well.

That would actually be less outrageous than adding Dark Pit and Dr. Mario.
Yes, working on which is basically the Nintendo milestone celebration game on two consoles after doing the comeback of a dead franchise making sure for it to be succesful sounds like a simple job to do.

Listen kid, making a game takes lots of time. You have to make each character and item model, scenario, animations, program the music, textures and a very large list of things to do. Not only that, but he had to make a game for two consoles at the same time and with an injured arm.

You're comparing, a Pokémon (which by the way is the 2nd best selling video game franchise of all time) who has appeared in the anime, making it recognizable to most part of the world since he's from Gen I he isn't dragon type either, to a Metroid character (That has sold only 1/10 to what Pokémon has), which hasn't had a game in 4 years and the last one received lots of criticism. They're obviously gonna prioritize in what's most likely to sell and even so that's most likely obligated by the company than the programers will.

By how many dragons exist in all kinds of media, that's still pretty generic.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
He's a textbook example of flavor of the month, he'll be forgotten as soon as something else comes along and Gamefreak wants to shoehorn them into Smash rather than bringing back the most requested cut veteran.
That's what they said about Ike and Lucario...

Welcome to the fray @ Hidden Arwing Hidden Arwing !

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The Lunar Sanctum's far worse with probably the cheapest Dark Pit battle on the game, a bunch of cheap Forces Of Nature enemies like those goddamn unbeatable megontas and the ones that shoot lasers from afar, unfair exotank sections and just being a REALLY long level.
I've beaten Lunar Sanctum on 9.0, irrc. I found it easy to abuse Staves most of the time and not get close to many of the enemies.

Chapter 9 is longer.
And, I believe, has four Clubberskulls which need to be defeated to advance, and, in total, five boss fights. (Granted, Pandora is pretty easy to defeat on any intensity.)
And a Tempura Wizard at very end of the chapter along with Orne's during half of the enemy waves. :urg:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Woah, how'd you quote me like that? Actually.. How do you quote multiple quotes/mention users? That'd be helpful.
Click the Reply button next to the Like button to quote users. You can repeat markup as well for quotes to reply to specific bits of a paragraph.

Use the @ symbol while putting someone's exact Username right after it. So @[Name] would tag [Name] so they can see you wanted to talk to them. This will only work for some people, as they can turn the ability to be tagged off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom