• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It is 100% Official
I have NOTHING to do.
All I find myself doing over the past few days is sitting on my buttox and playing the Demo of Smash 3DS, waiting for the day I finally get the game.

That being said, I usually find myself playing Mario VS a Level 9 Villager simply because it's the most fun "Matchup" I've played, especially if you know how to use Mario's Cape at the right time when Villager is trying to recover.

Speaking of, quick Question.
Does Doctor Mario have any sort of Spiking Move? I've heard his DAir does that, but I'd like some confirmation.

Last edited:

Soul.

It is 100% Official
I have NOTHING to do.
All I find myself doing over the past few days is sitting on my buttox and playing the Demo of Smash 3DS, waiting for the day I finally get the game.

That being said, I usually find myself playing Mario VS a Level 9 Villager simply because it's the most fun "Matchup" I've played, especially if you know how to use Mario's Cape at the right time when Villager is trying to recover.

Speaking of, quick Question.
Does Doctor Mario have any sort of Spiking Move? I've heard his DAir does that, but I'd like some confirmation.
Doc has no spikes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Back when I had the demo I couldn't beat level 9's easily

Not I run circles around them

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
So I just found out yesterday this guy is sm4sh's announcer:

His name is Xander Mobus and he's only 22. Its so weird that I'm the same age as him and I don't sound anywhere nearly as epic. Also I thought the announcer was like 40 :laugh:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A character without a spike/meteor...that's really a predicament.
For me, it kind of is.
I LOVE how Mario plays in this game, and Doc being back is basically a godsend for me (Thank you based Mario Tornado + Up B Angling), but my favorite part of most characters is their Meteor Smash.
Even with Game & Watch's Key, it's SO satisfying to slam an enemy down to their doom and joke about it all happily (mostly with me yelling "BANANA SLAMMA!"), but Doc doesn't have that, so I'll most likely find myself in such a predicament where I can't get much satisfying kills.

Last edited:

Soul.

Suddenly, I am presented with a Problem.
Just use Mario if you want to meteor smash someone. Doc is like, slow but powerful with the drill DAir.
I'm at the point where I'm constantly rage quitting. Man, computers can be so fricken spammy with items.
Lol tell me about it. Even For Glory players taunt, do a cheap attack and win. Though if I end up losing there I wouldn't care.

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I went into the Trophy Shop with 633 trophies, purchased the Pauline and Mute City trophies because I didn't have them, went to the gallery to view them, only to find that I only actually got the Mute City trophy. I should have 635, but I only have 634. Pauline is nowhere to found in my gallery, but it says I purchased it in the shop.

In other words, it bugged up. Good. I wonder how long it'll be before I come across that trophy again...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Lol tell me about it. Even For Glory players taunt, do a cheap attack and win. Though if I end up losing there I wouldn't care.
Speaking of Cheap Attacks and my Mario VS Villager pandamonium...
HOW TO BEAT VILLAGER
  1. Pick Mario/Doctor Mario
  2. Get Villager off the edge
  3. If they Double-Jump, Cape 'Em so they're further away.
  4. If they Balloon Trip, Cape 'em so they're left with only 1 Balloon and can't do anything
  5. Watch them slowly fall to their demise with nothing they can do
  6. ???
  7. PROFIT

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just use Mario if you want to meteor smash someone. Doc is like, slow but powerful with the drill DAir.
I wanna stay as Doc though.
I like the some of the more Powerful Characters, plus I have Childhood Hero memories of Doc. :3

Soul.

Speaking of Cheap Attacks and my Mario VS Villager pandamonium...
HOW TO BEAT VILLAGER
  1. Pick Mario/Doctor Mario
  2. Get Villager off the edge
  3. If they Double-Jump, Cape 'Em so they're further away.
  4. If they Balloon Trip, Cape 'em so they're left with only 1 Balloon and can't do anything
  5. Watch them slowly fall to their demise with nothing they can do
  6. ???
  7. PROFIT
I don't know how could you do that with Doc when his recovery is a lot worse than Mario's.
I wanna stay as Doc though.
I like the some of the more Powerful Characters, plus I have Childhood Hero memories of Doc. :3
Then you can do other strategies with Doc. His back air is more powerful than Mario's, I think.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Picked up shiny Gengar codes from Gamestop for both X and Y. I've been trying to get most of my Pokemon be male unless they are no-gendered or female only since gen 2. Once you download an event Pokemon, the gender is set. Both of my Gengar are female...Both of my event Pumpkaboo are female as well. I am frustrated that most of my event Pokemon in gen 6 has been female. >_>

Nothing against females in general...it's just how I play Pokemon.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So yeah, that's about it. I had a pretty good weekend minus teh Typhoon that rolled in yesterday.

I went to Costco with my wife and friends on Sunday. There is only one Costco on Kyushu so it is quite the trip for us. About 2 hours away but it was a lot of fun. My area has some international food but not much so I picked up some bagels, Dr. Pepper, packs of chicken wings, taco seasoning, jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers, jars of nutella and peanut butter, and a huge freaking pumpkin pie. My wife and I used some of the wedding money and bought a non-oil frier, a new Christmas Tree, and a fondue pot so we are looking forward to using that.
They already have Christmas trees up? Christ, Halloween hasn't even arrived yet. Couldn't we just wait a few weeks?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't know how could you do that with Doc when his recovery is a lot worse than Mario's.
You just gotta Cape the Villager.
That's all ya gotta do.
Just Cape 'em so they have 1 Balloon and are away from the edge so they can't do nothin' about it to get back.
They just fall.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't care about the pokemon's gender unless they have a physical difference in appearance or I want a name that works better with a specific gender

such as my hippo thing named "Opera"

Because it's all over when the fat lady sings

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys, what's up?
The Roof.
The Sky.
Skyworld.
Space.
Galaxy.
Universe.
Rosalina's Dress.
Mushroom Kingdom.
Smash Universe.
Kyoto, Japan.
Sakurai's Mind.

That is what's up.
In Chronological Order.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Around here the stores do Halloween, then completely skip Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas.
I understand that. But if you're gonna bring Christmas early at least have the decency of bring eggnog with you. Which sadly none of the stores close to me have at this moment.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For the most part though, I find female pokemon more valuable since they can breed and pass down personalities and pokeballs! and only need male pokemon during the situations when I need an egg move

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Well, here where I live we got an earthquake some minutes ago. Thanks God me and my family are fine.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Well, here where I live we got an earthquake some minutes ago. Thanks God me and my family are fine.
Do you know the magnitude of it? Usually you can look that stuff up online too. I live in California so we're prone to such things but that's good that everything's okay.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
That's good to hear that you're alright.

Gosh darn. I just fought three different Lil Macs on For Glory in a row. .__.
It was pretty strong, but I live in a mostly safe place.

Can't tell for the rest of the country though...
Do you know the magnitude of it? Usually you can look that stuff up online too. I live in California so we're prone to such things but that's good that everything's okay.

As far as I know, it's getting national and international cover now.

Well, not college tomorrow again it seems.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And what's down? :troll:
Ţ̃ͩͭ͆͏͇̥͝Hͥ̋͒҉̢͎̤̯͔̩̳̜͍Ẽ̴̥̪͎͌ͤ̐͋ͥ̆ͫ̄͠ ̨̻̘̠̩̫̆͒̓̌D̩̙͔̳̘̖͇͒͌͋ͮ̂̄͊͢E̙͙̮͓̞͙̰͚̥̒ͤ̀̚P̭̻͉̪͇̄̓̇͌ͤ̄̋ͮ̀͟T͔̤̥̜̞̂ͮ͂͐͌̾̒̍͂͘H̲͖̬̥̊̆ͦ͞Š̳͔̼͉͙̘̙ͦ͒̍́̑̆ͪ͜ ͓̝ͭͧ̈̄͒ͣͣ́O̗̪̽̄͜F̜̯̙͙̽ ̴̴͚͇ͭ̓̂ͥH͓̰ͦ͛͑ͦ̅͂ͪ̇Ȅ͓̠̠̓ͥ͛ͭ̚L̫͌̐ͫͮ͜Ļ̶̹͚̬̌ͨ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom