• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ridley for Chrizard. Since we're clearly listing characters that couldn't be a clone of another.
Too bad Ridley can't learn Rock Smash.

But at least he has the Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw setup.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Oh why does 3DS MAX take forever to download? (rhetorical question) :/

EDIT: on an unrelated note, I'll give out 150 000 bells to the person who can get me the entire Rococo series in AC: New Leaf. PM me if interested.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Suteppu 2 ni ue itazuradesu. Kore wa iraira natte iru. Watashi wa nani o subeki ka wakaranai. :c to. Ima, watashinidekirukoto wa subete, mazushī nihongo de tōkō wa ari

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ridley for Chrizard. Since we're clearly listing characters that couldn't be a clone of another.
Wait, are you saying Dixie CAN'T be a Diddy clone?

I'm pretty sure she can be. Sure, I'd rather her be unique, but she could totally be a clone if they run out of time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I could see Dixie as a simi (see what I did there?) clone of Diddy. I could see a lot of Diddy's moves being done with her hair. Her recovery would be different, obviously, but the peanut popgun could easily be swapped out with the bubblegum gun.

I can't say that I'm surprised by Dr. Mario, Lucina, or Dark Pit because I originally predicted that they were going to be DLC clones. I also thought Bowser Jr was going to be a Bowser clone (thank god he isn't) and also predicted that Tetra (Sheik clone) and Roy (Marth clone, although Lucina has pretty much squashed his chances) were also strong DLC candidates.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm really looking forward to Lucina, despite that what we know about her tells us she'll basically play like Roy.

For some reason, I hold up hope she'll have a couple more tricks to differentiate herself.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
1. I don't understand the hate clones get, especially when considering the circumstances of their inclusion.
2. I've witnessed people bashing Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, yet defending Lucina. Hypocrisy much? Methinks so.
3. Point 1 is coming from someone who mains Ganondorf and would like it if Ganondorf had a revamped moveset. Still, I don't mind his current moveset at all. He still has his trademark brutal strength and dark magic incorporated in the moveset, after all.
4. There's absolutely no reason why I'm doing this post on a numbered list format.
People don't like Dr. Mario because he's not even a different character. He's still just Mario with mostly the same moves.

People don't like Dark Pit because they assume Pit and Pittoo are 100% the same since they've never played Uprising. Poor fools.

People rightfully hate Smash Ganon because strength and darkness be damned, he still fights nothing like himself. Nevermind weapons, he doesn't even have a projectile. That and the fact that the only reaosn he hasn't changed is probably because Sakurai likes him as he is simply because "lolmahmain". Kinda makes him seem like a selfish and lazy asshat...Which wouldn't be new for him, but I digress.

Dark Pit and Lucina are actually just fine since they're very similar to the characters they're based off of, but they're still 2 entirely different people that are allowed to fight similarly to them because in light of who they are, it actually makes sense.

Well, that's how I view those two, anyway.

Also, **** Toon Link. I had no problems with Young Link because he and Melee Link were actually the same person. With Tink, they try to pass him off as "TOTALLY DIFFERENT" but he's still just a smaller, fast, cartoonish version of Link with only his aerial attacks being the big difference. That and the slow, almost anti-gravity arrows. lol

Doesn't Tink have his own moves and tools he could use for a unique moveset? But I guess that'd take too much work.

Meh. I still think he should've been cut. It's as dumb as cutting Wolf but keeping Falco when Falco is still mostly a clone while Wolf is constantly labeled as a clone even though none of his moves work even remotely the same as Fox and Falco's outside of Down-B and his Final Smash.

In all seriousness though, I don't think there's anything wrong with the concept of clones itself. It's who the clones are and the reasons behind them that's the real issue.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I could see Dixie as a simi (see what I did there?) clone of Diddy. I could see a lot of Diddy's moves being done with her hair. Her recovery would be different, obviously, but the peanut popgun could easily be swapped out with the bubblegum gun.

I can't say that I'm surprised by Dr. Mario, Lucina, or Dark Pit because I originally predicted that they were going to be DLC clones. I also thought Bowser Jr was going to be a Bowser clone (thank god he isn't) and also predicted that Tetra (Sheik clone) and Roy (Marth clone, although Lucina has pretty much squashed his chances) were also strong DLC candidates.
While I agree on Dixie, having Tetra as a Sheik clone is kinda ridiculous.

Pirates =/= Ninjas.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It seems people's biggest problem with Dark Pit is because he looks like Pit with a different color. I'm glad I'm not one to see characters from such a superficial point of view.

Not that I care.

Anyway, something I've done in previous Smash games is to beat down every character using Ganondorf. Playing as one of the best villains in video games ever and beat the crap out of the goody characters and out-evil the other villains is just satisfying.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
People don't like Dr. Mario because he's not even a different character. He's still just Mario with mostly the same moves.

People don't like Dark Pit because they assume Pit and Pittoo are 100% the same since they've never played Uprising. Poor fools.

People rightfully hate Smash Ganon because strength and darkness be damned, he still fights nothing like himself. Nevermind weapons, he doesn't even have a projectile. That and the fact that the only reaosn he hasn't changed is probably because Sakurai likes him as he is simply because "lolmahmain". Kinda makes him seem like a selfish and lazy ******...Which wouldn't be new for him, but I digress.

Dark Pit and Lucina are actually just fine since they're very similar to the characters they're based off of, but they're still 2 entirely different people that are allowed to fight similarly to them because in light of who they are, it actually makes sense.

Also, **** Toon Link. I had no problems with Young Link because he and Melee Link were actually the same person. With Tink, they try to pass him off as "TOTALLY DIFFERENT" but he's still just a smaller, fast, cartoonish version of Link with only his aerial attacks being the big difference. That and the slow, almost anti-gravity arrows. lol

Doesn't Tink have his own moves and tools he could use for a unique moveset? But I guess that'd take too much work.

Meh. I still think he should've been cut. It's as dumb as cutting Wolf but keeping Falco when Falco is still mostly a clone while Wolf is constantly labeled as a clone even though none of his moves work even remotely the same as Fox and Falco's outside of Down-B and his Final Smash.

In all seriousness though, I don't think there's anything wrong with the concept of clones itself. It's who the clones are and the reasons behind them that's the real issue.
I don't mind Pittoo or Lucina either

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't mind Lucina, I don't especially LIKE her

I don't think she matters at all since the game has Robin anyway

She's like filler

I don't like Dark Pit

He's just evil Pit

He can equip different weapons in the game just like Pit

Just have Pit with a Dark color, same thing

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Captain Falcon's moveset is created from scratch for Smash, which makes Ganondorf's moveset also a Smash original thing (except side tilt and side special which are taken from Twilight Princess).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
When ever I hear that Dark Pit is an edgy version of Pit, I can't help thinking of him as "Coldsteel Pit".

Thanks a lot, now I won't get him saying "pssh...nothing personnel...kid..." out of my head.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Watashi wa, dāku· pitto hakase Mario yaku shinken ni manzoku s-hite imasu. Watashi wa sudeni pitto o ais-hitaga, kare no kurōn wa hontōni subarashīdesu. Watashi wa sumasshu 64 de Mario o ais-hitaga, konsen no Doc ni son'nani sugurete ita. Watashi wa chōdo kantan ni manzoku s-hite iru to omoimasu.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Anyway, something I've done in previous Smash games is to beat down every character using Ganondorf. Playing as one of the best villains in video games ever and beat the crap out of the goody characters and out-evil the other villains is just satisfying.
Well it's a good thing he's a fictional character and not another real world dictator.

Otherwise you may end up looking up to a horrible man.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It seems people's biggest problem with Dark Pit is because he looks like Pit with a different color. I'm glad I'm not one to see characters from such a superficial point of view.

Not that I care.

That's pretty much the reason, yeah.

Also, let it be known that what I have an issue with is that Ganon's fighting style and animations still mirror those of Captain Falcon's.

If he were to fight with his bare hands and use darkness with moves and animations of his absolute very own, even if they're just new to Smash, I'd be perfectly okay with Ganon from a technical and development standpoint..Let it also be known, however, that I only have a problem with his moveset from a technical and development standpoint.

Gameplay wise? Ganon is one of my absolute favorite characters to play as. Especially in Project M. <3

Watashi wa, dāku· pitto hakase Mario yaku shinken ni manzoku s-hite imasu. Watashi wa sudeni pitto o ais-hitaga, kare no kurōn wa hontōni subarashīdesu. Watashi wa sumasshu 64 de Mario o ais-hitaga, konsen no Doc ni son'nani sugurete ita. Watashi wa chōdo kantan ni manzoku s-hite iru to omoimasu.
Let it be known that I understood absolutely everything you said.

...And that I absolutely HATE the anime that your current "persona" originates from.

Uuuuuuuuuuugh.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yesterday's moe was better.
tumblr_n1f9u6cgK11qbtloio1_500.gif

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ganon doesn't represent his character from the games at all

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ah, another day, another extremely one-sided argument over the literal clone that is Dark Pit.
:rolleyes:

We really need new information. Or leaks. Whichever comes first.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

People rightfully hate Smash Ganon because strength and darkness be damned, he still fights nothing like himself. Nevermind weapons, he doesn't even have a projectile. That and the fact that the only reason he hasn't changed is probably because Sakurai likes him as he is simply because "lolmahmain". Kinda makes him seem like a selfish and lazy ******...Which wouldn't be new for him, but I digress.

I actually like Toon Link more. I find him a little bit more fun to use. But I did hope he'd get a couple of new moves. Like the Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, maybe even Iron or Pegasus Boots. Maybe have one of the elemental arrows as his default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom