• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
必要に応じて、私は一日中漢字ができます。バカ .... バカ.....バカ!!!!!!

(三回バカ...私はそれがあなたのために十分環境省願っ言う...)
Anata wa, sono bubun no kenri o eta.

Josō wa kimyōna Emidatta. Watashi wa sore o wasurete shimatta. Sore wa chotto, sore no saigo ni, sono jūdai no rame dorama no fun'iki o eta. Kokoro no ōku no yōna 100-pāsento ga setsuzoku shimasu. Sono bangumi to watashi no omona fuman no hitotsu. To mainā 1 watashi ga Anohana to s-hite ita.

Iya hotondo. Mariodokutāmario hodo ryōkōde wanai. Chōdo pitto no yō ni dāku· pitto hodo yoku wa arimasen. Watashi wa dokutāmario, yori dākupitto ga sukidatta mae ni, shikashi, watashi wa Mario to pitto ga sukidatta.
*dramatic Music*
This is normally where I would say "I'm sorry, I don't speak Japanese." But actually, I speak very fluent Japanese and understand what you're saying completely.
Yes, I know that Sonic's Voice-Acting hasn't been the best over the years and that Sonic Adventure 3 probably isn't going to ever come out along with the rumored Sega Dreamcast 2, but you must stay strong and keep hope that Sega gets back on their feet and returns as a first party.

...And I also agree with you that Ridley SHOULD be Playable in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
New music. Just noticed this now... When I checked shortly after the pic updated last night I found nothing.

And if Brawl is chicken soup, then what is Smash 4? Or the original Smash 64? A TV dinner?

Last edited:

Soul.

Eh, Ganondorf is fine with his Smash moveset. Yeah, he could have moves from is games, but that's how they make him in Smash.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Josō wa kimyōna Emidatta. Watashi wa sore o wasurete shimatta. Sore wa chotto, sore no saigo ni, sono jūdai no rame dorama no fun'iki o eta. Kokoro no ōku no yōna 100-pāsento ga setsuzoku shimasu. Sono bangumi to watashi no omona fuman no hitotsu. To mainā 1 watashi ga Anohana to s-hite ita.
*pets and rubs your head* That'll do, Menma. That'll do. ¦D

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
必要に応じて、私は一日中漢字ができます。バカ .... バカ.....バカ!!!!!!

(三回バカ...私はそれがあなたのために十分環境省願っ言う...)
Anata wa, sono bubun no kenri o eta.

Iya hotondo. Mariodokutāmario hodo ryōkōde wanai. Chōdo pitto no yō ni dāku· pitto hodo yoku wa arimasen. Watashi wa dokutāmario, yori dākupitto ga sukidatta mae ni, shikashi, watashi wa Mario to pitto ga sukidatta.
すみません。私は日本語をわかりません。 :(

If you can't turn chicken soup into pizza, can you make a chicken soup flavored pizza?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
*dramatic Music*
This is normally where I would say "I'm sorry, I don't speak Japanese." But actually, I speak very fluent Japanese and understand what you're saying completely.
Yes, I know that Sonic's Voice-Acting hasn't been the best over the years and that Sonic Adventure 3 probably isn't going to ever come out along with the rumored Sega Dreamcast 2, but you must stay strong and keep hope that Sega gets back on their feet and returns as a first party.

...And I also agree with you that Ridley SHOULD be Playable in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS.

Anata wa motto machigatte iru koto ga dekimasendes-hita. Watashi wa hontōni ridorī no tame ni kinishinai. Rantō sonikku no koe wa watashinōkiniiri no hitotsudesu.

And if Brawl is chicken soup, then what is Smash 4? Or the original Smash 64? A TV dinner?
Watashi wa kiddoikarusu hōki no tame no saundotorakku ga daisukidesu. Watashi wa, karera ga soko ni uchū kaizoku-sen no uta o motte iru koto o nozomimasu.

Pāfekuto.

Watashi wa `s-hite' no yōna gomakashi no kotoba o ken'etsu shinakereba naranai koto ga kirai. Watashi wa shikashi, sore wa kanari omoshiroi mitsukeru

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Anata wa motto machigatte iru koto ga dekimasendes-hita. Watashi wa hontōni ridorī no tame ni kinishinai. Rantō sonikku no koe wa watashinōkiniiri no hitotsudesu.

Watashi wa kiddoikarusu hōki no tame no saundotorakku ga daisukidesu. Watashi wa, karera ga soko ni uchū kaizoku-sen no uta o motte iru koto o nozomimasu.

Pāfekuto.

Watashi wa `s-hite' no yōna gomakashi no kotoba o ken'etsu shinakereba naranai koto ga kirai. Watashi wa shikashi, sore wa kanari omoshiroi mitsukeru
Whoever pranked you must be having a field day.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
People don't like Dr. Mario because he's not even a different character. He's still just Mario with mostly the same moves.

People don't like Dark Pit because they assume Pit and Pittoo are 100% the same since they've never played Uprising. Poor fools.
Actually they don't like him, because in Uprising, he plays EXACTLY the same. If you'd played the game, you'd know this. In fact, there's one mission where you do play as him, and he has the same speed, the same attack power, the same weapons, everything. There's absolutely no reason for him to play differently.

People rightfully hate Smash Ganon because strength and darkness be damned, he still fights nothing like himself. Nevermind weapons, he doesn't even have a projectile. That and the fact that the only reaosn he hasn't changed is probably because Sakurai likes him as he is simply because "lolmahmain". Kinda makes him seem like a selfish and lazy ******...Which wouldn't be new for him, but I digress.
I don't know about you, but grabbing opponents by the throat and brutally crushing them is exactly how I'd imagine Ganondorf to play. He just emanates power. The only move that feels out of place to me is his kick, which I agree should be replaced with the Dark Tennis Ball of Death from OOT. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him use a sword (or two) for his A moves, but for the love of Nayru, leave most of his B moves the same, I'd hate for him to become another "guy with a sword".

Also, while I don't believe he's the one-man dev team demigod many people believe he is, Sakurai is probably one of the worst people on Earth to refer to as a "lazy ******".

Dark Pit and Lucina are actually just fine since they're very similar to the characters they're based off of, but they're still 2 entirely different people that are allowed to fight similarly to them because in light of who they are, it actually makes sense.
While I've already talked about Dark Pit, I do agree that it makes sense for Lucina to play like Marth and Roy, as they are all the same class, Lord (or Lady, I guess).

Also, f**k Toon Link. I had no problems with Young Link because he and Melee Link were actually the same person. With Tink, they try to pass him off as "TOTALLY DIFFERENT" but he's still just a smaller, fast, cartoonish version of Link with only his aerial attacks being the big difference. That and the slow, almost anti-gravity arrows. lol

Doesn't Tink have his own moves and tools he could use for a unique moveset? But I guess that'd take too much work.
I don't see how YungLonk was labeled any differently from TewnLonk.

Toon Link is lighter and shorter, and he's refered to as the Hero of Winds, it makes sense for him to be the lighter of the two. Toon Link also uses the most iconic items in the series, the bow, boomerang and bombs, and there's no reason for him not to, other than uniqueness for the sake of uniqueness. It would feel weird if he didn't have them. Link should always have a representation of his younger self, and from a gameplay standpoint, a lighter alternative. Simply having Adult Lonk be a medium weight wouldn't look right.

But I think they should go ALL OUT with the Custom Moves. Skull Hammer, Tornado Rod, Deku Leaf, Sand Rod, the whole lot. That way, they still both have the iconic Bombs, Boomerang, Bow while still representing their games.

It's as dumb as cutting Wolf but keeping Falco when Falco is still mostly a clone while Wolf is constantly labeled as a clone even though none of his moves work even remotely the same as Fox and Falco's outside of Down-B and his Final Smash.
1.Falco has been been in more than one Smash, he's never going to be cut (Eis Kletterinnen don't count because technical limitations)

2.Wolf is still a Fox clone, no matter what way you look at it, all of his B moves more than "remotely" resemble Fox's. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's true. A Blaster shot, a supersonic forward moving attack, a reflector and a drill-like move that can go in any direction.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tip 1 to being a villain

The hero cooperates because he learns your plan is to revive his half dead daughter, even though the plan is going to end his own life.

Tell the hero that Not only is it going to kill him, but it's also going to kill everyone in the city and turn half of them into monsters

Hero stops cooperating

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor

Pāfekuto.

...yes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are a couple adobe products you could use and making GIF's becomes simple

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Anata wa motto machigatte iru koto ga dekimasende****a. Watashi wa hontōni ridorī no tame ni kinishinai. Rantō sonikku no koe wa watashinōkiniiri no hitotsudesu.
Glad you're happy.
Actually they don't like him, because in Uprising, he plays EXACTLY the same. If you'd played the game, you'd know this. In fact, there's one mission where you do play as him, and he has the same speed, the same attack power, the same weapons, everything. There's absolutely no reason for him to play differently.

I don't know about you, but grabbing opponents by the throat and brutally crushing them is exactly how I'd imagine Ganondorf to play. He just emanates power. The only move that feels out of place to me is his kick, which I agree should be replaced with the Dark Tennis Ball of Death from OOT. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him use a sword (or two) for his A moves, but for the love of Nayru, leave most of his B moves the same, I'd hate for him to become another "guy with a sword".

Also, while I don't believe he's the one-man dev team demigod many people believe he is, Sakurai is probably one of the worst people on Earth to refer to as a "lazy ******".

While I've already talked about Dark Pit, I do agree that it makes sense for Lucina to play like Marth and Roy, as they are all the same class, Lord (or Lady, I guess).

I don't see how YungLonk was labeled any differently from TewnLonk.

Toon Link is lighter and shorter, and he's refered to as the Hero of Winds, it makes sense for him to be the lighter of the two. Toon Link also uses the most iconic items in the series, the bow, boomerang and bombs, and there's no reason for him not to, other than uniqueness for the sake of uniqueness. It would feel weird if he didn't have them. Link should always have a representation of his younger self, and from a gameplay standpoint, a lighter alternative. Simply having Adult Lonk be a medium weight wouldn't look right.

1.Falco has been been in more than one Smash, he's never going to be cut (Eis Kletterinnen don't count because technical limitations)

2.Wolf is still a Fox clone, no matter what way you look at it, all of his B moves more than "remotely" resemble Fox's. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's true. A Blaster shot, a supersonic forward moving attack, a reflector and a drill-like move.
Eh, I think that Wolf is the more "Unique" Fox Clone than Falco.
Plus he's a Villain. :3

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
You are taking a train across the middle of nowhere. The train is pretty crowded with people and luggage. Suddenly, a group of bandits come in to rob the train. What do you do?
A) Comply with the bandits
B) Do nothing. Sit still and observe how things go. Maybe they'll spare you
C) Jump out of the train and hope you survive
D) Stay calm and look around. Hopefully you find some way to stop the bandits whether through the use of random objects or others who will fight back with you
E) Spirit Tracks is a banned stage! If we are going to fight, it must be no items, legal stage or omega mode only, and 1v1. Either the bandits follow the rules or they get out.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You are taking a train across the middle of nowhere. The train is pretty crowded with people and luggage. Suddenly, a group of bandits come in to rob the train. What do you do?
D) Stay calm and look around. Hopefully you find some way to stop the bandits whether through the use of random objects or others who will fight back with you
E) Spirit Tracks is a banned stage! If we are going to fight, it must be no items, legal stage or omega mode only, and 1v1. Either the bandits follow the rules or they get out.
I choose F) Why are you asking me, I just wanted to buy a hotdog.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
When bandits attic the train, Alfonso is in charge of beating them up.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Results:
A) Probably get shot anyway
B) Probably get shot anyway
C) Ded
D) HIYAAAA-*shot*
E) "No." *bang*

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
F) Complain loudly about them delaying the train

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Where's the option to fight them HEEAAAD OOOOOOOONNN!!! (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom