• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Captain Falcon's moveset is created from scratch for Smash, which makes Ganondorf's moveset also a Smash original thing (except side tilt and side special which are taken from Twilight Princess).
Yeah, no. Doesn't work that way.

Falcon's is Smash original, sure. Ganon's is still a carbon copy of an existing thing, thus making his moveset unoriginal.

Don't try to "semantics" your way outta this one.

I actually like Toon Link more. I find him a little bit more fun to use. But I did hope he'd get a couple of new moves. Like the Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, maybe even Iron or Pegasus Boots. Maybe have one of the elemental arrows as his default.
That's exactly the problem with Toon Link in my eyes. He is better to use the normal Link. From an enjoyment standpoint and a design standpoint.

There's literally no reason to use Link when Toon Link is so much better.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Ah, another day, another extremely one-sided argument over the literal clone that is Dark Pit.
:rolleyes:

We really need new information. Or leaks. Whichever comes first.
What Samus flavour do you want?

NEW Black Licorice, NEW White Vanilla, NEW Lemon-Lime Combo, or NEW Bubblegum Blackberry?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Watashi wa, dāku· pitto hakase Mario yaku shinken ni manzoku s-hite imasu. Watashi wa sudeni pitto o ais-hitaga, kare no kurōn wa hontōni subarashīdesu. Watashi wa sumasshu 64 de Mario o ais-hitaga, konsen no Doc ni son'nani sugurete ita. Watashi wa chōdo kantan ni manzoku s-hite iru to omoimasu.
Are....Are you insulting my dog? I don't even have a dog! You can be a real headcase you know that?

I was originally planning on doing an Ice Bucket Challenge after dinner tonight, but it looks like a storm.
So? You're either going to get wet by the bucket or the storm. Might as well do it. Unless there's this magical tornado that you're near.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's pretty much the reason, yeah.

Also, let it be known that what I have an issue with is that Ganon's fighting style and animations still mirror those of Captain Falcon's.

If he were to fight with his bare hands and use darkness with moves and animations of his absolute very own, even if they're just new to Smash, I'd be perfectly okay with Ganon from a technical and development standpoint..Let it also be known, however, that I only have a problem with his moveset from a technical and development standpoint.

Gameplay wise? Ganon is one of my absolute favorite characters to play as. Especially in Project M. <3
Ganondorf is a really odd case.

I would like to see him get a full revamp. Or at least have some attacks to be completely changed and resemble stuff from his actual games. He could keep some of the "Falconness" and gameplay style, by having some unchanged moves. For example, some of his A moves could be altered to have sword attacks, but keeping the same general purpose and damage output (but maybe having longer range).

I am not, however, very fussy about it. Like I said, his moveset still reflects the kind of character he is and his abilities (super strength and dark sorcery), even though not to the extent of other characters. It also helps that I learned about the Zelda series through the Smash series, so the first time I saw Ganondorf in action was in Melee in all his Falcon clone glory (even more clone than in Brawl).

Characters like Mario, Kirby, Pit or Robin look a lot like they're taken from their own games, having attacks that resemble what they do in their games. Of course, a few liberties were taken too, but they're very much in-character.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Watashi wa, dāku· pitto hakase Mario yaku shinken ni manzoku s-hite imasu. Watashi wa sudeni pitto o ais-hitaga, kare no kurōn wa hontōni subarashīdesu. Watashi wa sumasshu 64 de Mario o ais-hitaga, konsen no Doc ni son'nani sugurete ita. Watashi wa chōdo kantan ni manzoku s-hite iru to omoimasu.
Pffff, not even using kanji. You have no moe

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Let it be known that I understood absolutely everything you said.

...And that I absolutely HATE the anime that your current "persona" originates from.

Uuuuuuuuuuugh.

Dono yō ni s-hite Anohana o nikumudarou ka? Soreha...Node yokatta anata ga naitanode, sorehades-hita ka? Hahaha JK. Demo, watashi wa sore ga suki. Sos-hite, dekiru koto ni kodōgu wa kore o yonde iru.
Yesterday's moe was better.
View attachment 23987
Sore ga seikaku ni narimas-hita itazura o suru koto mo naidaroudarou yori mo, subete no hito no tame ni yokatta mā baai wa dō narimasu ka?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Dat dark samus looks so close to the real thing, it's a shame THAT wasn't a clone character! :ohwell:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, no. Doesn't work that way.

Falcon's is Smash original, sure. Ganon's is still a carbon copy of an existing thing, thus making his moveset unoriginal.

Don't try to "semantics" your way outta this one.

That's exactly the problem with Toon Link in my eyes. He is better to use the normal Link. From an enjoyment standpoint and a design standpoint.

There's literally no reason to use Link when Toon Link is so much better.
Toon Link's a real man. No denying that. I really wish that his moveset did take some advantages the many items in the Zelda series. Hammers, Iron Boots, and Pegasus boots are common enough to be worth using right?

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
All I understood was that you like Mario from Smash 64... :/ Probably way off though.

EDIT: I wish I'd get off my lazy butt and start using that Pimsleur Japanese learning audio. >.>

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If I'm in the mood to use alternate colors and not just stick with default, I would probably try the Light Suit and Dark Samus colors more than the others.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dat dark samus looks so close to the real thing, it's a shame THAT wasn't the a clone character! :ohwell:
I really would have liked for that to happen. But alas, it simply hasn't. Oh well. Doctor Mario will still be the best clone.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Kawaii baka desu desu ching chong nacho taco chimichanga. :troll:

Translate didn't bring much, but it sounds like it's about "Pitto" and Dr. Mario. Maybe something about Mario 64. And I suddenly want to look up the lyrics for "Circle of Life"
Edit: the lyrics are in Zulu, not Swahili. ...I think.

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Personally I'm against giving Toon Link iron boots. Mostly because i associate them more with adult Link, but also because his small feets.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As far as these alternates for Samus go, my only dissapointment is the complete lack of Metroid Prime 3 Corruption material.
Personally I'm against giving Toon Link iron boots. Mostly because i associate them more with adult Link, but also because his small feets.
Anyone have any better ideas of keeping Toon Link from getting blown all the way to Timbuktu?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ganondorf is a really odd case.

I would like to see him get a full revamp. Or at least have some attacks to be completely changed and resemble stuff from his actual games. He could keep some of the "Falconness" and gameplay style, by having some unchanged moves. For example, some of his A moves could be altered to have sword attacks, but keeping the same general purpose and damage output (but maybe having longer range).

I am not, however, very fussy about it. Like I said, his moveset still reflects the kind of character he is and his abilities (super strength and dark sorcery), even though not to the extent of other characters. It also helps that I learned about the Zelda series through the Smash series, so the first time I saw Ganondorf in action was in Melee in all his Falcon clone glory (even more clone than in Brawl).

Characters like Mario, Kirby, Pit or Robin look a lot like they're taken from their own games, having attacks that resemble what they do in their games. Of course, a few liberties were taken too, but they're very much in-character.
We're the same in that regard. Melee was also my first time encountering Ganondorf and learning about who he was. That only made it more confusing for me, however. Especially once I did my research and learned what he was really capable of.

But...Eh. In the end, this is the real question we should all ask ourselves:

Which if more important? For a character to be an accurate representation of their original canon selves from their series? Or for them to have some small traits of them while being simply be fun to play as?

The ideal answer is obvious. "Why not both?" But in this case, we aren't getting it. So, if you had to choose one or the other, which would it be? A brand new Canon Ganon that you'd have to make and learn from scratch or the old and familiar Smash Ganon with slight modifications who we already know how to play as and can adjust to easily?

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Could you imagine if the motive for Danganropa 2 Chapter 1 was early access to the new Smash Bros

Monokuma: The first person to kill someone gets to play Super Smash Bros: 3DS & WiiU!
Chiaki: EVERYBODY STAY AWAY FROM ME

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Toon Link's a real man. No denying that. I really wish that his moveset did take some advantages the many items in the Zelda series. Hammers, Iron Boots, and Pegasus boots are common enough to be worth using right?
That's why I'm pissed about Toon Link in Smash 4. No unique Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks specific moves.
I'm gonna main Little Mac this time around or maybe Ridley

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We're the same in that regard. Melee was also my first time encountering Ganondorf and learning about who he was. That only made it more confusing for me, however. Especially once I did my research and learned what he was really capable of.

But...Eh. In the end, this is the real question we should all ask ourselves:

Which if more important? For a character to be an accurate representation of their original canon selves from their series? Or for them to have some small traits of them while being simply be fun to play as?

The ideal answer is obvious. "Why not both?" But in this case, we aren't getting it. So, if you had to choose one or the other, which would it be? A brand new Canon Ganon that you'd have to make and learn from scratch or the old and familiar Smash Ganon with slight modifications who we already know how to play as and can adjust to easily?
Well, there's a little bit of hope. Maybe he can have custom moves that really stand out from Falcon. His Warlock Puch could get swapped for a slow projectile.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That's why I'm pissed about Toon Link in Smash 4. No unique Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks specific moves.
I'm gonna main Little Mac this time around or maybe Ridley
Oh quit gripin', we got the Spirit Train as a stage, and maybe, JUST MAYBE that engineer outfit as an alternate.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Dono yō ni s-hite Anohana o nikumudarou ka? Soreha...Node yokatta anata ga naitanode, sorehades-hita ka? Hahaha JK. Demo, watashi wa sore ga suki. Sos-hite, dekiru koto ni kodōgu wa kore o yonde iru.
I'm one of the few heartless ******** who didn't cry even a single drop at the anime because I was too busy seething, groaning and cursing the cast of the show behind the palm of my hand on my face most of the time.

Seriously, I was too annoyed with the dumb decisions of the clearly drama obsessed teenagers of the show to actually enjoy or like anything about it save for...Well, Menma herself. She was a little air-headed, but not stupid.

Anaru needed to make up her mind and stop being a dumb tsundere.
Jinta needed to quit being such a hypocritical dip**** and man up.
The fat guy...Uh, existed, I guess?
The even more hypocritical crossdresser needed to just kill himself.
And the glasses chick...

...She really needed to get some new friends and a new love interest. My god.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't fully understand it, but I think you are saying you're satisfied with the clones. While you already like Pit, you think clones are a good idea. You liked Mario in Smash 64, and you think Doctor Mario in Melee is superior. You are satisfied with them. Please correct me with what I got wrong. Also, this reminds me of when someone used to write in French in the old social thread...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hi I'm back
I hope I wasn't pranked while I was at school.
...I'm honestly wondering weither I'm gonna use Yellow or Purple Villager.
Yellow is my personal favorite, but Purple looks more like my Villager, -Blush.
My sister said she's gonna use the creepiest Villager possible, so she's probably gonna use the Tiny-Eyed female with the blue/yellow shirt.

...Pikachu, you're getting new hats.
Heavy will be jealous.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pffff, not even using kanji. You have no moe
必要に応じて、私は一日中漢字ができます。バカ .... バカ.....バカ!!!!!!

(三回バカ...私はそれがあなたのために十分環境省願っ言う...)
All I understood was that you like Mario from Smash 64... :/ Probably way off though.

EDIT: I wish I'd get off my lazy butt and start using that Pimsleur Japanese learning audio. >.>
Anata wa, sono bubun no kenri o eta.
I'm one of the few heartless *******s who didn't cry even a single drop at the anime because I was too busy seething, groaning and cursing the cast of the show behind the palm of my hand on my face most of the time.

Seriously, I was too annoyed with the dumb decisions of the clearly drama obsessed teenagers of the show to actually enjoy or like anything about it save for...Well, Menma herself. She was a little air-headed, but not stupid.

Anaru needed to make up her mind and stop being a dumb tsundere.
Jinta needed to quit being such a hypocritical dip**** and man up.
The fat guy...Uh, existed, I guess?
The even more hypocritical crossdresser needed to just kill himself.
And the glasses chick...

...She really needed to get some new friends and a new love interest. My god.
Josō wa kimyōna Emidatta. Watashi wa sore o wasurete shimatta. Sore wa chotto, sore no saigo ni, sono jūdai no rame dorama no fun'iki o eta. Kokoro no ōku no yōna 100-pāsento ga setsuzoku shimasu. Sono bangumi to watashi no omona fuman no hitotsu. To mainā 1 watashi ga Anohana to s-hite ita.
I don't fully understand it, but I think you are saying you're satisfied with the clones. While you already like Pit, you think clones are a good idea. You liked Mario in Smash 64, and you think Doctor Mario in Melee is superior. You are satisfied with them. Please correct me with what I got wrong. Also, this reminds me of when someone used to write in French in the old social thread...
Iya hotondo. Mariodokutāmario hodo ryōkōde wanai. Chōdo pitto no yō ni dāku· pitto hodo yoku wa arimasen. Watashi wa dokutāmario, yori dākupitto ga sukidatta mae ni, shikashi, watashi wa Mario to pitto ga sukidatta.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If that is real, the collar that connects to the open flap implies it's a skin colored suit rather than skin

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Watashi wa reditt kono in'yō o mitsuketa. Puriti yōki. Sos-hite, ma.

Imagine that Melee is pizza. People love it, it's got all of this flavor and depth.

Then Brawl comes out and it's chicken soup.

Obviously, a lot of people would prefer pizza over chicken soup, but then you hear some of the complaints: "What the hell is this? This tastes all wrong!" people declare. "I'm trying to pick up a slice but my hands just get all wet, and I try to eat it with a fork but I barely get anything!"

But there are people who are eager to "prove" that chicken soup is fine, and all it takes is finding and adding the right key ingredients. "Hey, it might be chicken soup now, but if we add some mozzarella and some tomato sauce, you'll see that it's great!" No matter what they do, though, it just doesn't taste like pizza, it doesn't feel like pizza, and people are disappointed in it even more.

In the end, it's not wrong to like pizza more than chicken soup, and it might even be possible argue that pizza is a superior food in general. Hell, maybe Brawl wasn't even a particularly good chicken soup and was just soup in a can. However, because people were unable to see or accept the fact that chicken soup isn't pizza, they also failed to approach it on its own terms. Instead of trying to add the right seasoning that would match the flavor profile of chicken soup or using a spoon, all they had were hands dripping with broth, and a look of dissatisfaction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom