• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Though Marth did it first.
So they're all actually Marth clones. Lucina has brothers! D:
What? No, Lucina is entirely brotherless. Just like Richie Cunningham. There's never been any other Marth clones. Ever.
Nope I don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
1. I don't understand the hate clones get, especially when considering the circumstances of their inclusion.
2. I've witnessed people bashing Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, yet defending Lucina. Hypocrisy much? Methinks so.
3. Point 1 is coming from someone who mains Ganondorf and would like it if Ganondorf had a revamped moveset. Still, I don't mind his current moveset at all. He still has his trademark brutal strength and dark magic incorporated in the moveset, after all.
4. There's absolutely no reason why I'm doing this post on a numbered list format.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm absolutely fine with Lucina, Dr. Mario, Falco, Toon Link, etc. Heck, I'm even glad Ganondorf has his old moveset back. I just don't like Pit or Kid Icarus in general, and because of that I just dislike Dark Pit, he just seems like a typical edgy character, so meh.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm absolutely fine with Lucina, Dr. Mario, Falco, Toon Link, etc. Heck, I'm even glad Ganondorf has his old moveset back. I just don't like Pit or Kid Icarus in general, and because of that I just dislike Dark Pit, he just seems like a typical edgy character, so meh.
You dislike Kid Icarus because of the insane difficulty of the NES game, right? :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's no way Donkey wouldn't be George Costanza. 2/10.

I actually find him to be one of the more tolerable examples of that character trope. That might have to do with him having a few good lines.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
2. I've witnessed people bashing Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, yet defending Lucina. Hypocrisy much? Methinks so.
Because Lucina was shown off with Robin and the other clones were shown off post-leak/(reveal?)

And probably also because KI gets a third character while series like DK and Metroid get no newcomers, and Dr. Mario comes back but not the other Melee clones and Mewtwo.

It's just post-release pissyness in general. (if that's even a word)

----

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
on the topic of clones, i like dark pit in game but i just wish dr mario and dark pit werent in this game as clones, where other series like pikmin could easily have clones and they need more reps, thats my only quarrel with them really

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

He totally looks like what would happen if Han Solo and Marty Mcfly had a kid, and it somehow produced a combination of their clothing on that kid

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
on the topic of clones, i like dark pit in game but i just wish dr mario and dark pit werent in this game as clones, where other series like pikmin could easily have clones and they need more reps, thats my only quarrel with them really
We haven't even seen Dark Pit's moves yet. I understand that it's likely he'll be a clone, don't get me wrong. But Kid Icarus Uprising has a ton of weapons to pull from and make a moveset out of. And I normally reserve judgement on a character when I actually get my hands on them.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
We haven't even seen Dark Pit's moves yet. I understand that it's likely he'll be a clone, don't get me wrong. But Kid Icarus Uprising has a ton of weapons to pull from and make a moveset out of. And I normally reserve judgement on a character when I actually get my hands on them.
if he has custom moves or is at least like lucas i'll be fine with him for sure!
but if he's just a black pit im gonna be sad we didn't get louie or the like instead

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
if he has custom moves or is at least like lucas i'll be fine with him for sure!
but if he's just a black pit im gonna be sad we didn't get louie or the like instead
I can understand that. But I'd rather not jump the gun yet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Most characters in KIU are deconstructions, subversions and/or parodies of stock character tropes, especially those found in Japanese media.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since he's next to Dr Mario and Lucina, I bet he's going to be a Pit they painted black

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
It's the modeling that I'm talking about, the characters in that game are awful.

Particularly Spyro, he looks like a deformed lizard that was run over by the ugly bus.

As above, I haven't played the game so I don't know if it's good or not. But from a modeling standpoint... yeah.
Blame the artists, not the modelers. They screwed everything up aesthetically.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1. I don't understand the hate clones get, especially when considering the circumstances of their inclusion.
3. Point 1 is coming from someone who mains Ganondorf and would like it if Ganondorf had a revamped moveset. Still, I don't mind his current moveset at all. He still has his trademark brutal strength and dark magic incorporated in the moveset, after all.
4. There's absolutely no reason why I'm doing this post on a numbered list format.
My issue with Dr. Mario is that it's a costume change and my issue with Dark Pit is that he literally began life as a palette swap. Given how this game is supposedly giving us all the Koopalings and Alph as ALTs, they both are really unnecessary. I have no issue with clones but I like clones that have a decent amount different from their counterparts. Lucas and Wolf are great examples of this. They're both semiclones but they play much differently than their counterparts. Chances are the three clones we already know about won't be back for Smash 5 and they were largely added to be +1s for the roster. In regards to Lucina, I'm more accepting of her because just having her be an ALT of Marth would have been really weird and, let's face it, we all knew they game was going to have new clones of some kind.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They need more clones. Dixie of Diddy,

....uh, that's the only one I could think of.
Black Knight as an Ike clone?

My issue with Dr. Mario is that it's a costume change and my issue with Dark Pit is that he literally began life as a palette swap. Given how this game is supposedly giving us all the Koopalings and Alph as ALTs, they both are really unnecessary. I have no issue with clones but I like clones that have a decent amount different from their counterparts. Lucas and Wolf are great examples of this. They're both semiclones but they play much differently than their counterparts. Chances are the three clones we already know about won't be back for Smash 5 and they were largely added to be +1s for the roster. In regards to Lucina, I'm more accepting of her because just having her be an ALT of Marth would have been really weird and, let's face it, we all knew they game was going to have new clones of some kind.
I guess that's why I'm neutral on Dark Pit right now. I know he has potential to be a unique fighter. But aesthetically, he's the most disappointing addition to the roster so far. Because, like you said, he's just a palette swap.

I'm cool with Dr.Mario though. His asthetic design is different enough for me. And chances are he'll have the Tornado, if we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom