• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So, I think because of sticker star craziness, I completely forgot the point I was making earlier: Paper Mario is recognized as not the same mario.

Remember that the series rep got talked for his case a lot and now, we hae the answer. First, it obviously got more rep, that is a big improvment on brawl with the stage and the music (Rogueport yay!). That alone sows that the series is quite important enough to get there. I still want to remind that there's a lot of characters fans that would give a lot to get a stage and even more for a stage repping 3 games out of all 4 (PM64 got repped with the whale as random hazards). So, that may actually be a good sign for the series future.

Where it gets really interesting is the trophy description. In brawl, it was basically like the copy paste of SPM...but for just the playable characters. Every other trophies was mostly just referencing the game and most was SPM, the latest game as brawl came out. Here we do see only sticker star (and for some reasons, a SPM mention on a non Paper Mario trophy), but did anyone paid attention to how they name Paper Mario?

Here's Paper Luigi description:

Paper Luigi is Paper Mario's younger brother. He shows up from time to time during Paper Mario's quest for the Royal Stickers, but he doesn't stick around for long. Such a modest guy... I wonder what he's getting up to now!

I want you to look what I underlined...

Did they just mentioned Paper Mario instead of just Mario?

That might look normal, but it actually is telling something else. See, it shows that Paper Mario would be his own character and so, they don't consider him just being the exact same Mario, in paper. This was never present in brawl and in fact, it sounded more like he was the same mario, but let's just say it was never clear. Here, it is clear twice in the same description.

But wait, that's not all. Here;s his description:
The paper-thin Mario from the Paper Mario series recently quested for the wish-granting Royal Stickers. These magic stickers are for more than just collecting, though. Mario can use them to change his paper world, and nothing helps him in battle more than a sticker!

Now, it might sound to contradict what I said, but it does the opposite.

I said he wouldn't JUST be mario in paper form. Being JUST that implies he's perceived as not even different in identity. Here, let me restate the description with some underlining:
The paper-thin Mario from the Paper Mario series recently quested for the wish-granting Royal Stickers. These magic stickers are for more than just collecting, though. Mario can use them to change his paper world, and nothing helps him in battle more than a sticker!

They did mentioned Mario, but here;s the thing: they already made the context for Paper Mario and not mario. They said the Paper Mario SERIES. That is really revelating and corelating to Paper Luigi description being that mario is NOT THE SAME EXACTLY as Paper Mario. They are viewed like 2 separate identity even tough he;s viewed like A mario, he's just viewed like he had his own series that the normal mario would not have. As for the series symbol, it's confusing: he's not the same as maio, but he's viewed to be apart on his own while still being in the mario spectrum which would explain the stage being a mario rep. The second is just pushing it even further: not only he has his own identity, his own series, but also his own world.

I think it's more than enough to say that he;s not THE mario but A mario. It;s completely different and it means that by putting mario and Paper Mario apart, it shows that they acknowledged the series on its own. They linked the series from the mario spectrum instead of annexing it to the standard series.

Those descriptions crudhes the brawl rep and now, the another mario argument is no longer relevant because it's now viewed as a different mario and not the same character. It;s more of he was based on Mario, but isn't mario himself.

Wow, this was confusing to explain, but you should get that I'm happy he's perceived like this now. This might just be an indication Sakurai considered him (imo, it's likely with the stage honestly, animal crossing got a series and no character in brawl...just that was suspicious in my eyes and it was because villager was considered).
Even if Nintendo backtracks and says Paper Mario's the same character, there's still the fact that :4drmario: is playable.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Even if Nintendo backtracks and says Paper Mario's the same character, there's still the fact that :4drmario: is playable.
I was more talking about how he's perceived, not his deconfirmation.

Like, getting this is really good playable or not and it's those thing that might push him playable in an unknown future.

Btw, now, I expect the WiiU rep to be different from 3ds, but at a similar level and that would mean that he would have gotten eveything but playable.

Which is why I'm positive even if [deconfirmed] for now.

And please, no dr mario as cause. He has nothing to do with this and I just don't want to see bashing on dr because of that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They paint him as his horrible person beyond redemption or remorse, yet he's a beloved leader of his nation

Are we only seeing half the picture?

The half that would kill his own son and wife for his gain

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
when am I gonna be able to put custom music on mario kart 8

i need city escape on toad harbor damnit

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you ever watched a show and thought to yourself

"That joke is too subtle, I don't think the audience for this show is going to get it"

or something along those lines

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So, I think because of sticker star craziness, I completely forgot the point I was making earlier: Paper Mario is recognized as not the same mario.

Remember that the series rep got talked for his case a lot and now, we hae the answer. First, it obviously got more rep, that is a big improvment on brawl with the stage and the music (Rogueport yay!). That alone sows that the series is quite important enough to get there. I still want to remind that there's a lot of characters fans that would give a lot to get a stage and even more for a stage repping 3 games out of all 4 (PM64 got repped with the whale as random hazards). So, that may actually be a good sign for the series future.

Where it gets really interesting is the trophy description. In brawl, it was basically like the copy paste of SPM...but for just the playable characters. Every other trophies was mostly just referencing the game and most was SPM, the latest game as brawl came out. Here we do see only sticker star (and for some reasons, a SPM mention on a non Paper Mario trophy), but did anyone paid attention to how they name Paper Mario?

Here's Paper Luigi description:

Paper Luigi is Paper Mario's younger brother. He shows up from time to time during Paper Mario's quest for the Royal Stickers, but he doesn't stick around for long. Such a modest guy... I wonder what he's getting up to now!

I want you to look what I underlined...

Did they just mentioned Paper Mario instead of just Mario?

That might look normal, but it actually is telling something else. See, it shows that Paper Mario would be his own character and so, they don't consider him just being the exact same Mario, in paper. This was never present in brawl and in fact, it sounded more like he was the same mario, but let's just say it was never clear. Here, it is clear twice in the same description.

But wait, that's not all. Here;s his description:

Now, it might sound to contradict what I said, but it does the opposite.

I said he wouldn't JUST be mario in paper form. Being JUST that implies he's perceived as not even different in identity. Here, let me restate the description with some underlining:

They did mentioned Mario, but here;s the thing: they already made the context for Paper Mario and not mario. They said the Paper Mario SERIES. That is really revelating and corelating to Paper Luigi description being that mario is NOT THE SAME EXACTLY as Paper Mario. They are viewed like 2 separate identity even tough he;s viewed like A mario, he's just viewed like he had his own series that the normal mario would not have. As for the series symbol, it's confusing: he's not the same as maio, but he's viewed to be apart on his own while still being in the mario spectrum which would explain the stage being a mario rep. The second is just pushing it even further: not only he has his own identity, his own series, but also his own world.

I think it's more than enough to say that he;s not THE mario but A mario. It;s completely different and it means that by putting mario and Paper Mario apart, it shows that they acknowledged the series on its own. They linked the series from the mario spectrum instead of annexing it to the standard series.

Those descriptions crushes the brawl rep and now, the another mario argument is no longer relevant because it's now viewed as a different mario and not the same character. It;s more of he was based on Mario, but isn't mario himself.

Wow, this was confusing to explain, but you should get that I'm happy he's perceived like this now. This might just be an indication Sakurai considered him (imo, it's likely with the stage honestly, animal crossing got a series and no character in brawl...just that was suspicious in my eyes and it was because villager was considered).
Speaking of Luigi in Sticker Star... I know I probably should just drop the sticker star hate, but Luigi only ever shows up in the background, and like Bowser, he also never speaks. It annoys me to no end, since Luigi was always my favorite in SPM.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Luigi in Sticker Star... I know I probably should just drop the sticker star hate, but Luigi only ever shows up in the background, and like Bowser, he also never speaks. It annoys me to no end, since Luigi was always my favorite in SPM.
So that's means in sticker star, Luigi is just silent... Interesting.

Soul.

Because why would you want to make nude mods hack the 3DS version when you've got HD the "superior" one.
Because who's going to get a Wii U just for one game rofl. There is no superior version. There will be people who are still going to play the 3DS version. I'm not even interested on getting a poorly selling better Wii. lol
People just can't get used to the 3DS' controls.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because who's going to get a Wii U just for one game rofl. There is no superior version. There will be people who are still going to play the 3DS version.
You're right! Why only mod SSBWiiU? We should make nude mods for MK8! It's genius!

T

Trick or Treat

I downloaded the demo thinking it'd be really difficult to get used to the controls.

It wasn't. I got it right away and won a match with 3 level 9's. Only thing I'd switch are the grab and roll buttons.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Because who's going to get a Wii U just for one game rofl.
Smash WiiU
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Wooly World
Upcoming Star Fox
Upcoming Metroid
Pokken somewhere down the line
NES Remix 1 and 2
Ducktales Remastered
Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8
Mario Party 10
Upcoming Zelda game
Wind Waker HD
Hyrule Warriors

Sure. One game. Okay.

Last edited:

Soul.

...I think you've missed the joke.
.....Oh. :urg:

Smash Wii U
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Wooly World
Upcoming Star Fox
Upcoming Metroid
NES Remix 1 and 2

Sure. One game. Okay.
Not interested in all of those. They are good games, but meh. I kinda prefer handhelds over consoles.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Smash WiiU
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Wooly World
Upcoming Star Fox
Upcoming Metroid
NES Remix 1 and 2
Ducktales Remastered

Sure. One game. Okay.
Don't forget Splatoon.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Smash WiiU
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Wooly World
Upcoming Star Fox
Upcoming Metroid
NES Remix 1 and 2

Sure. One game. Okay.
Don't forget

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Smash WiiU
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Wooly World
Upcoming Star Fox
Upcoming Metroid
NES Remix 1 and 2
Ducktales Remastered

Sure. One game. Okay.
How dare you forget the new Zelda game?! :surprised:

.....Oh. :urg:

Not interested in all of those. They are good games, but meh. I kinda prefer handhelds over consoles.
What about the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, and Sonic Boom?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ironically, I bought my 360 just to play Sonic 06. Which I bought first.

That said, Hyrule Warriors is yet another amazing game. There's a lot of options. And people will buy a system just for one game if they find the game worth it. And sometimes they won't even if they want that game. I want to play Sonic Free Riders, but I don't want the Kinect. So I avoided that one. I never much liked that particular sub-series anyway, so...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ironically, I bought my 360 just to play Sonic 06. Which I bought first.

That said, Hyrule Warriors is yet another amazing game. There's a lot of options. And people will buy a system just for one game if they find the game worth it. And sometimes they won't even if they want that game. I want to play Sonic Free Riders, but I don't want the Kinect. So I avoided that one. I never much liked that particular sub-series anyway, so...
HOW DO I KEEP FORGETTING GAMES

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Because who's going to get a Wii U just for one game rofl. There is no superior version. There will be people who are still going to play the 3DS version. I'm not even interested on getting a poorly selling better Wii. lol
I think you missed the quotation marks. "Superior."

And the joke.

I bought a 360 for just one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom