• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Finish what you started, Sehn. That is an order.

Please please do continue. I was eagerly waiting for Act III but I decided not to bug you about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey I'm still here.
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht if you don't continue I̷̭͙͔̩̫̗͇͈͋̈́͐ͤͣ͌̀̀ ̵̳̺͖͈͚̠̭͗͗́ͅW̸̞͎̞̣̠̦̉́̋̋͌̈́̇̾̕͢Î̵̡̩̖̰͓̐ͦ̋̐̎͜L̨̙̺̘̰ͬ̊̔ͩ̃̀̀ͅḺ̷ͮ̑̓ͨ̇̓ͤ̈́ ̧̌̑͊̍ͥ͐̓̿͏̧̹̼T̷̷̩̥̠͇̙͕͚̘̲ͫ̊͘Ę̸̲͙̮͙͇̜̯̹̆ͨ̽́A̵̻̟͍̍ͤ̑͢R̈̎́ͥͤ̾̉͏̯̻͔͈ ̴̯̥̙̐̽ͫ̇͋Ỳ͈̥̰̭͇̇ͧ̒̈̐̾̀̚̕Ỏ̶̼͔Ų̫̱͇̗̭͚̠̞̈́̑͘ ͇̳̬̩̖̇ͩͦͪ͒̌̒̚͢F̧̘͋̄̂ͨͮ͟͟R̖͍̥̣͕͇̩̈͋̓̀͜O̵̘̻͖̔̽͡M̛͈͎͈̄̀̀̕͘ ̨͓̖̦͗̄͌̏͒̏͆͛Y̶̛̝̭͔̥̊͑͋O̴̧̦̰͙͌͛̑͛Uͯ̾̂ͣͬ̉͂̎҉̖̰̣̺̝̦̰̟R̡͔̼̭̒̇ ̢̠̹ͩ̀́͂̐ͤẸ̹͖̭͔̩̎̅̄̀͘͞Tͥ͛̐̚͏̛̠̥̺̼̞͉̯̫͙H̶̳̣͖͈̘̘̼̃̌̂̒̂̎ͦ̃̚E̡̧͇̖̘̥̫ͮ̾̄͊̐̍̊̅̍R̜͎̍͊ͯͯ͒̾̔ͤͅĒ͉̪͎̲͖̣͇̩͛̉͠A̻̰̳͎͓͎̙͋̎̉͑͒̓ͦ̃Ḻ̸̝̩̙̱̝͇͙ͩ̋̂ͣ̔̾͠ ̴̬̰̼́͟͠P͑ͧ͏̻L͓̗̮̰̼̝̦̔ͣ̀̕Ä̷̟͖̳͓̖͕̔̑̐̓ͥ̊̀̀I̠͈͉͓̟̅͘͡ͅŃ̥̮̲ͤ̌͐̄̀͡ͅ ̶̢̨̘̪͙ͫ̽̉̊Ą̯͖͍ͨ̔̉̾ͬŅ̱̗͚̝͇̝̈̆̈́ͧ̔͐́̚͢D̷̥̄̈́̌͒͐͑͑ͤ͝ ̴̫̤̝͍̾̄ͧͣ̿̈̅ͅSͫ̐̽͂̉̓̚͞͏̼̗͙̙̣͔̫̳̗͜E͖̳̭̝̙͒̕͡N̷̺͔̫̲͍̭̠̹̆ͣ̄̈́̚͡D̬̥̠̼̱̹̳͉ͥ͗̒ ̛͍̺͚ͫ́ͧ͗ͩ͊Ÿ̗̹̠̳̰̳͖̝́͂͐̿͟O̡͇̭̫̬͔ͥ̒ͫ̽̏̇ͪ͑Ṵ̻̲̻̭̳̬̞̓́͌͌͡ͅ ̵̠͙̺͓ͫ̅̔T͖͇̻ͪ̾̄̚ͅO̳̮̦͚̽ͩ̏̊̇ͧ̚͟͡͠ ̨̡̡̞̝͍̲̲͚̭̪̱̏̇͊̏̔̆T̢̧̳͔ͬ͢H̵͈̹̠͙̬̳̐͌̑E̸̺͖̭̭͔̲̠̓̅̋̄͐͊̍̆͞ͅ ̲̮̖̠̫͎̯ͭ̔ͪ̄͑͐̀́G̭̣̠̘̜̣͛ͅŲ͖ͭ̾̀̊͊̇͜T̷͎͗͋͆T̫̩͔ͨ̅̂ͬͤͦͪ͋͂͟E̴̢͈̅ͯͦ͟Ŗ̪̺̪͓̝̹͇ͥ̓̄̓͞.̠͈̘̝͚̘̻̯͌ͬ̍

*ahem*

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Finish what you started, Sehn. That is an order.

Please please do continue. I was eagerly waiting for Act III but I decided not to bug you about it.
If you had, I might have actually gotten off my divinely proportioned ass sooner. :glare:

@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht Look at how many people are interested in you continuing! You should continue! :p
It occurs to me that I had not factored in your username in the story back when I had mapped the story out. I'll consider working your name in somewhere.

Also, you should consider toning down your cheerleader optimism, lest your jailbait factor becomes even more unbearable.

Hey I'm still here.
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht if you don't continue I̷̭͙͔̩̫̗͇͈͋̈́͐ͤͣ͌̀̀ ̵̳̺͖͈͚̠̭͗͗́ͅW̸̞͎̞̣̠̦̉́̋̋͌̈́̇̾̕͢Î̵̡̩̖̰͓̐ͦ̋̐̎͜L̨̙̺̘̰ͬ̊̔ͩ̃̀̀ͅḺ̷ͮ̑̓ͨ̇̓ͤ̈́ ̧̌̑͊̍ͥ͐̓̿͏̧̹̼T̷̷̩̥̠͇̙͕͚̘̲ͫ̊͘Ę̸̲͙̮͙͇̜̯̹̆ͨ̽́A̵̻̟͍̍ͤ̑͢R̈̎́ͥͤ̾̉͏̯̻͔͈ ̴̯̥̙̐̽ͫ̇͋Ỳ͈̥̰̭͇̇ͧ̒̈̐̾̀̚̕Ỏ̶̼͔Ų̫̱͇̗̭͚̠̞̈́̑͘ ͇̳̬̩̖̇ͩͦͪ͒̌̒̚͢F̧̘͋̄̂ͨͮ͟͟R̖͍̥̣͕͇̩̈͋̓̀͜O̵̘̻͖̔̽͡M̛͈͎͈̄̀̀̕͘ ̨͓̖̦͗̄͌̏͒̏͆͛Y̶̛̝̭͔̥̊͑͋O̴̧̦̰͙͌͛̑͛Uͯ̾̂ͣͬ̉͂̎҉̖̰̣̺̝̦̰̟R̡͔̼̭̒̇ ̢̠̹ͩ̀́͂̐ͤẸ̹͖̭͔̩̎̅̄̀͘͞Tͥ͛̐̚͏̛̠̥̺̼̞͉̯̫͙H̶̳̣͖͈̘̘̼̃̌̂̒̂̎ͦ̃̚E̡̧͇̖̘̥̫ͮ̾̄͊̐̍̊̅̍R̜͎̍͊ͯͯ͒̾̔ͤͅĒ͉̪͎̲͖̣͇̩͛̉͠A̻̰̳͎͓͎̙͋̎̉͑͒̓ͦ̃Ḻ̸̝̩̙̱̝͇͙ͩ̋̂ͣ̔̾͠ ̴̬̰̼́͟͠P͑ͧ͏̻L͓̗̮̰̼̝̦̔ͣ̀̕Ä̷̟͖̳͓̖͕̔̑̐̓ͥ̊̀̀I̠͈͉͓̟̅͘͡ͅŃ̥̮̲ͤ̌͐̄̀͡ͅ ̶̢̨̘̪͙ͫ̽̉̊Ą̯͖͍ͨ̔̉̾ͬŅ̱̗͚̝͇̝̈̆̈́ͧ̔͐́̚͢D̷̥̄̈́̌͒͐͑͑ͤ͝ ̴̫̤̝͍̾̄ͧͣ̿̈̅ͅSͫ̐̽͂̉̓̚͞͏̼̗͙̙̣͔̫̳̗͜E͖̳̭̝̙͒̕͡N̷̺͔̫̲͍̭̠̹̆ͣ̄̈́̚͡D̬̥̠̼̱̹̳͉ͥ͗̒ ̛͍̺͚ͫ́ͧ͗ͩ͊Ÿ̗̹̠̳̰̳͖̝́͂͐̿͟O̡͇̭̫̬͔ͥ̒ͫ̽̏̇ͪ͑Ṵ̻̲̻̭̳̬̞̓́͌͌͡ͅ ̵̠͙̺͓ͫ̅̔T͖͇̻ͪ̾̄̚ͅO̳̮̦͚̽ͩ̏̊̇ͧ̚͟͡͠ ̨̡̡̞̝͍̲̲͚̭̪̱̏̇͊̏̔̆T̢̧̳͔ͬ͢H̵͈̹̠͙̬̳̐͌̑E̸̺͖̭̭͔̲̠̓̅̋̄͐͊̍̆͞ͅ ̲̮̖̠̫͎̯ͭ̔ͪ̄͑͐̀́G̭̣̠̘̜̣͛ͅŲ͖ͭ̾̀̊͊̇͜T̷͎͗͋͆T̫̩͔ͨ̅̂ͬͤͦͪ͋͂͟E̴̢͈̅ͯͦ͟Ŗ̪̺̪͓̝̹͇ͥ̓̄̓͞.̠͈̘̝͚̘̻̯͌ͬ̍

*ahem*
*ethereal plane

basic ******* with their basic spelling

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*ethereal plane

basic *****es with their basic spelling

S͑ͨ̃ͫͨ̏͆̾́̚҉̭̮̦ȍ̮̺̘̫͔̫̝̫͕ͯ̕͠r̴̻͈̯̗̺̺̱̼̒̅̑͝ͅŗ̯̫̲̜͉̩ͬ̅͐̿̾͛̄͘ẏ̗̺̥̝̱͇̟̯̀,̶̳̗͎̞̽̀͑̉͂͆̄̾ͯ͠ ̹̦̞̔͌ͣͩ͋į̺̰̥̞̮̉̚t͚̠̠̻̺̯̝̎̂́'͕̘̜̜ͭ͐͊̽̄̍̑s̘͍̦̘̺͈̘͛͂̊͗͘ͅ ̳͚̼̳͈̳͕ͩ͋͂ͧ̎͑̅͗͟͞j̨̖͚̪ͮ͆͋͑ͪ̀ͨu̓ͬ̔̆̾͊͠҉͖̗͈͉sͮ̉ͥͬ̍̏ͣ͑́͏͚̦̘͡t̸̤̳ͫ͐ͫ̆̀͌̂̚͡ ͫͥͥ͌̈̿̚͟͏̣̘o̼͈͐̇͆ͤ̆̔͠n̦͈̻̯̿̍̏ͫ͋ͣͪ͜͠e̠̬̿̄̍̿̂̚ ̟͖ͪͬ̅̊̐̓̚̕o̢͇̲̱͓̘͎͐̂͑̒͂͛̓̇ͅf̛͚͓̪̘̠̥̈̏̑͑ͥ ̡̢̋ͯ̾ͯ̄҉̰̞̠t̸̴̜̘̬̗̫̫̝̱̏ͬ̽̔h̡̻̼͆̈̋͒̂o̷̘̲̼͛̀̓͞s̵̘͍̺̠͔̋́͌̈ͯͫ̈́͠e̵̸̻͙̭̬̮͙̖̭͛̆ͮ̔ͦ̑ͨ̚ ̨̖͔̪̮͇ͧ̉ͤ̐͑̈͜w̵̞̅ͫ̌̆̔͐ͦͨo̴̩̤̻̠̞ͧͦ̓̅͜r̸̩̤̋̓ͥ́͢d̸̢̟̖͔̬͈͙͔̓ͤͥs̘̲͇ͨ͛ͭͫ̓̅̀ͅ ͙̬̲̰̤ͭ̉ͨ̽͂̌̉ͦ͢͠ț̥̝̳͖̰ͪ̈́̊ͩͫͩ̚͝h̹͈̝̜̱͓͙̙̓ͭ̒̋ͧ͛͊͛ͮ́a̹̹̻͎̣̹͓͎̾̈̚͞t̸͖̦̘͆̈́ͬ̈́ͦ͋̀̑ ̳̯̳̠̋͒̎̔̆̕Į̶̟̫̫̜͊̂̉ͩ̿͋̆ͭ͜ͅ ̵͕̞̻̬͓̞̠ͫͪ̉ͣc̑̚͏͏̹̩͍a̶̳͉̝ͭ̂̌̿͗̌ͦ̚n̸͖̞͎̬̻̪͈̈͒ͦ͟͠ ̡̖̪̫̎̀͑́̆͂̆ṉ̷̞͚͓ͭͪͪ̅ͥ̏́ͫ͟ȩ̴̜͉̻̎̽͐v̨͎̫ͮͣͣ͒ͯ̒͗͘͠e̛̹̠̰̣̞̲̲̣͆̏̃͒r̭̮ͨͪͥ̚͞ ̯͈ͥ͐͗́s̔̉̀̈́ͫ̈́ͣͬ҉͎̺̱̖̻͞e̹̳ͭ̏̇̈́͢͡ẽ̛̗̯̿̎̋m̨͓͇͍͖͍̯̩͍̩̉̇̔͊͐ͤ ̼̱̩̩̻̺̌͞ͅt̩̤̄͗͠ŏ͇̯͕͔̺̺̩͖̓́ͬ͆ͤ ̧̤͇̟͋ͫ̌ͫ́ͅs̱͙̓̈́ͥ͘͟p̡̲̹̤͇̘ͤͮ̊̑͝ȇ̴̴̪̺̿ͬ̀ͯͤ͆̂͗ḽ̷̴͈̞̲̰̖͔͔̫ͨͬͯ͂̈́̊̀l̵̟̝̫͚̤̼̠̑ ̟̱̯̝̗͚ͩ̈́ͨ̊̽̓ͤ͢ͅȓ̵͉͚̝͈̫͇̺͇̼̃ͥ̀̈́̈ͭ̑͢i̵̩̩̓̎ͦ̇ͬ́͊̀͘g̡͕͙͕͖̽̈ͣ͒͢h̵̴͚͔̭̘̉̾͗̈́̎̽̊͋̕ͅt̖͙ͦ̕͜͝,̰͇̖̟̠͛͊ͪ̽̅͜ ̡͈͉̥̹͍̗̼̰̏͑̋̓ͭͭͩ̃̚͝k̬̹͙̖͖̰̥̔ͅi̯̭̓̀ͬn̮̺̜̮̣̹̭̄ͧͫ͌͋͌dͩͤ͐͝ͅą̸̻̫̏͛̏̚̚͠ ͈̮̺̲̂͝l̞̥̹͓̒̒͗͟͞i̘͍̖ͨͤ͞k̓̊҉͕̥̻ȩ̥̫̻̰̋ ͖̞̻̖̥̇t̸̯̤̹͈͇͋̇͗͟͠ỏ̡͎̗̹̦̩̏͊͠m̸̢̦̳̙̹̟͛̂̏̍ͪ̄͆̚o̽͏̠̲̣͈r̜͍̟̩ͪ͂ͩͭ͜͝͝ͅr̷̝͍̣̈͗͂̇̅̈ͤ̂̕o̸̡̜̬͍̞̯͓̼ͯ̿̍ͯ͆̉͢w̟̑̀́͝ ̏ͣ́́̚͏̦̥̞̮̩̭̪a̘̩̻̔̈́ͯͫ͒̎̄̚ṋ̢̢̤̥͚̙͍ͧͩ̄͛͗ͧ̾ͫ͢ͅd̼̣̠ͩ̀̇̽̉̽͡ ̪̦̲̼̼̜̜̎ͭͧͬ̑͂̊̏͘ͅd͖̘ͥ̓͊͞ͅį͙͇ͪ̈́̎̏͆̉s̲̯̘̜̞͖̘̭ͦ̓ͪͣͩ̅͐̐̕͜ȁ̙̖͙̼̘̪̏̓ͫ̀͘p̝̗͍̲ͩ̐̎̂͌̓̕͠p̻͈̻̭̘̘̓̀̚ͅō̶͓͉͕̙̤͕̺ͭͅi͖̮̦ͣ̏͂́ͧ͗̚͡ń̶̛̪̮͕̜̜̣̜̫͂ͤ̚t̴ͥ̏ͬ͏̠͇̩̗͚̻̳ḿ̺̼͍ͣ̽ͮ͒͢͢͞ė̴̥͚͎̣̠̪͍̏̒ͩ̈́̏́͡͡ņ̬ͧ͋ͭ̃͂̽͘t̵̵̘̞̰̺̒ͮͨ͘.̷͓̫̀̍̓̓ P̡̬̻͊ͫ̋̍͒͒͆̀o͇̞̥͍͍̪̓ͤ͌̿̚͢͞i̒ͨ͗ͨͯ̏ͮͤ͘͏͉͖̥̫͚n̵̪̟̣͋̇̿t̆̎̇͋̚҉̠̭̤̺͕ ̪̻̤̥̣͖̣ͪs̵͚̰̳͚̠ͩ͗t̨̞̞̬̣̭̺̱͔̲ͩ̒̾̂ͥ̃ī̷̜͇̦͖̞̳͍̥ͧ̈͑͜l̲͉ͮ̇͂ͦ͘͢͡l̘̭̖̙̦̲̍ͤ͆͑̓͛̈̚͝ ̶̪̜̏ͧ̐ͩͬ͋́s̯̗͕͔̮̗̄̆̈͠ṭ̫̳͍͙̉̀̂̚aͣͮ҉҉̴̺̱͎̪n͚͍̙̙̫̭̳̩͂d̨͎̜̱̮̽̔ͩ̇ͩ̈̂ͅs̷̟͔̾̔ ̡̻͙͇̱͈͙̟̰̅́ͦt̹̩̞̯̯̳̘͕ͣͮ̌͌̓́͠ḧ̴̭̞͉̖̰͍̬͕́̍̄͗ͨ͡o̧̯̰͇͉͚̭̯̹̰͒͒͌͋̌u̵̇͆͑̽ͬ͌̎̓̊͘͏̜͉͉̝̝͙g͈͙̤͚̺͓͌͘ḧ̷̘͚͓̥̘̝ͪ͢ͅ.̤̱̦͉̻̣̏͋͛͋͆̀ͧ͟͝

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That Final Fantasy XV TGS trailer.... Looks like it's up to me to interpret then yet again because the trailers don't do a good job at telling me what the hell is going on

So here we go....

Basically what I saw was a gang that kinda screams Backstreet Boys at me for some reason except they wear black and they need to run away from authorities for stealing some diamonds or crystals or ****. I'm guessing the true objective of FF XV is to help Noctis go to his date before time runs out. He has some allies but I only know one of the guy's names. Basically, the guy who's showing of his abs is the tank of the group. Prompto, the gunner, is the ranged dps of the group. That other guy no one knows is probably the melee dps and Noctis is probably the versatile one who can use long range and short range

The gameplay is basically a slow and bogged down version of Kingdom Hearts with some scripted events from time to time. Depending on which character you play as, you might be playing two games. One being, like I said, Kingdom Hearts except slower while the other one is like Uncharted. Playing as Prompto will likely give you an experience similar to uncharted. Third person shooter with set pieces or scripted events which I love

It doesn't seem like there's a mana bar yet again. Brilliant. Even Kingdom Hearts has a mana bar/magic bar. I also noticed that a part of the HUD seen in the E3 2013 trailer is missing which probably means that the controls will a lot simpler. Will it be dumbed down? Who knows.

The graphics are holy and it was so good, I nearly gave this trailer a pass but I'm not that shallow. I had no idea what the hell was going on in the trailer. I need more info

The good thing? Final Fantasy XV is a game unlike FF XIII which isn't a game at all. It was a horrible movie where you press one button for some reason all the time
There's a wiki if you want to look up more information which is a main issue since there's so much gaps between info that people don't know or remember anything about FFXV like the fact it was supposed to be a spin-off along with Type-0 while FFXIII was the main game of Fabula Nova Chrystallis, hence, the action RPG gameplay.

The party shown a lot consists of Noctis, the protagonist, Prompto, a fugitive who was Noctis's childhood friend, Ignis, the driver and probably butler, and Gladiolus, the guy with the open shirt and big sword. There's also Cor would would be comparable to Auron or Basch as the old man with a military background. He's supposedly playable, but was never shown playable.

Anyway, basically everyone's a fugitive or refugee by the start of the story since another nation is invading other nations and destroying crystals. That girl, Stella, is supposedly going to be star-crossed with Noctis. Maybe not romantic, but they're probably not going to see each other live or become allies (until late game).

Here's the breakdown of the character's combat: Noctis can use every weapon and spell, but probably can't use them to their full potential or else he'd be broken as hell - he probably will have his own special abilities. So, the typical red mage that most games are using for the main character nowadays.

Prompto uses firearms and is the only one who can manually aim them - gameplay purposes -, so everyone else who can use firearms are just going to do the whole Bayonetta or Dante thing and shoot by locking on.

Ignis was said to have used katana and throwing knives, but the new trailer shows he uses two short swords or knives. Also, by his name, you can guess his element of choice kind of like how Snow, Lightning, and Tidus have preferred elements based on their names. Ignis is also the only character of the original four to not go through major cosmetic changes; he looks pretty much the same since the first trailers while Prompto now has a new face, Gladiolus gained tattoos and lost his undershirt, etc. I can't read Japanese, but the latest trailer had the party member's HP listed and considering the top is Noctis, the largest is probably Gladiolus, the other two are Prompto and Ignis. The least is probably Ignis since Prompto seems more like a typical ranger while Ignis might be the glass cannon, black mage of the group.

Gladiolus is the tank considering he's the most muscular and the tallest. Also, unlike Noctis, he can use greatswords with ease - maybe Noctis can get a skill to negate his slow, clumsy swings.

Cor is the other known party member. Considering he's from the same place as Noctis and therefore no firearms, he's probably going to use a lance - the other weapon not associated with anyone playable - or the sword which unless that's Noctis's weapon of choice - probably is - or Noctis's dad is playable for a tutorial. If shields are involved, it might be his main schtick where he's the real tank while Gladiolus can function as a tank, but is more the burst damage guy.

Gameplay is really weird since early trailers showed this wickedly fast action and trailers after that showed decent-speed gameplay - think, DmC: Devil May Cry or the first two Devil May Cry games. After that, it slowed down. I'm assuming they're showing off base-skilled characters to not spoil anything. It also doesn't help that they love to show Noctis swing the greatsword when they should should Gladiolus using it and the fact that Noctis looks incredibly clumsy - with his sword no less - compared to everyone else. I don't know who thought it'd be a great idea to animate Noctis like this, but early trailers showed him off as a fast, teleport-spammer.

Mana did exist in FFXIII, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Birth By Sleep, 3D Dream Drop Distance, and maybe a couple other KH games I'm missing. It seems that FFXV is going by Birth By Sleep's usage of magic where they're set on time limits since you rarely ever see Noctis shoot out anything but a giant fireball.

The HUD thing is an issue with FFXV. Look through all the trailers and you'll notice they keep changing. I'm not kidding. Each trailer that isn't extended or whatever shows a different HUD. The recent one reminds me of FFXIII's while the previous one was an updated version of the PS3 trailer where you can see the characters' faces. Unless it's customizable, they really need to make up their minds.

Finally, I would defend FFXIII, but I don't want to cause a flame war, so whatever.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
S͑ͨ̃ͫͨ̏͆̾́̚҉̭̮̦ȍ̮̺̘̫͔̫̝̫͕ͯ̕͠r̴̻͈̯̗̺̺̱̼̒̅̑͝ͅŗ̯̫̲̜͉̩ͬ̅͐̿̾͛̄͘ẏ̗̺̥̝̱͇̟̯̀,̶̳̗͎̞̽̀͑̉͂͆̄̾ͯ͠ ̹̦̞̔͌ͣͩ͋į̺̰̥̞̮̉̚t͚̠̠̻̺̯̝̎̂́'͕̘̜̜ͭ͐͊̽̄̍̑s̘͍̦̘̺͈̘͛͂̊͗͘ͅ ̳͚̼̳͈̳͕ͩ͋͂ͧ̎͑̅͗͟͞j̨̖͚̪ͮ͆͋͑ͪ̀ͨu̓ͬ̔̆̾͊͠҉͖̗͈͉sͮ̉ͥͬ̍̏ͣ͑́͏͚̦̘͡t̸̤̳ͫ͐ͫ̆̀͌̂̚͡ ͫͥͥ͌̈̿̚͟͏̣̘o̼͈͐̇͆ͤ̆̔͠n̦͈̻̯̿̍̏ͫ͋ͣͪ͜͠e̠̬̿̄̍̿̂̚ ̟͖ͪͬ̅̊̐̓̚̕o̢͇̲̱͓̘͎͐̂͑̒͂͛̓̇ͅf̛͚͓̪̘̠̥̈̏̑͑ͥ ̡̢̋ͯ̾ͯ̄҉̰̞̠t̸̴̜̘̬̗̫̫̝̱̏ͬ̽̔h̡̻̼͆̈̋͒̂o̷̘̲̼͛̀̓͞s̵̘͍̺̠͔̋́͌̈ͯͫ̈́͠e̵̸̻͙̭̬̮͙̖̭͛̆ͮ̔ͦ̑ͨ̚ ̨̖͔̪̮͇ͧ̉ͤ̐͑̈͜w̵̞̅ͫ̌̆̔͐ͦͨo̴̩̤̻̠̞ͧͦ̓̅͜r̸̩̤̋̓ͥ́͢d̸̢̟̖͔̬͈͙͔̓ͤͥs̘̲͇ͨ͛ͭͫ̓̅̀ͅ ͙̬̲̰̤ͭ̉ͨ̽͂̌̉ͦ͢͠ț̥̝̳͖̰ͪ̈́̊ͩͫͩ̚͝h̹͈̝̜̱͓͙̙̓ͭ̒̋ͧ͛͊͛ͮ́a̹̹̻͎̣̹͓͎̾̈̚͞t̸͖̦̘͆̈́ͬ̈́ͦ͋̀̑ ̳̯̳̠̋͒̎̔̆̕Į̶̟̫̫̜͊̂̉ͩ̿͋̆ͭ͜ͅ ̵͕̞̻̬͓̞̠ͫͪ̉ͣc̑̚͏͏̹̩͍a̶̳͉̝ͭ̂̌̿͗̌ͦ̚n̸͖̞͎̬̻̪͈̈͒ͦ͟͠ ̡̖̪̫̎̀͑́̆͂̆ṉ̷̞͚͓ͭͪͪ̅ͥ̏́ͫ͟ȩ̴̜͉̻̎̽͐v̨͎̫ͮͣͣ͒ͯ̒͗͘͠e̛̹̠̰̣̞̲̲̣͆̏̃͒r̭̮ͨͪͥ̚͞ ̯͈ͥ͐͗́s̔̉̀̈́ͫ̈́ͣͬ҉͎̺̱̖̻͞e̹̳ͭ̏̇̈́͢͡ẽ̛̗̯̿̎̋m̨͓͇͍͖͍̯̩͍̩̉̇̔͊͐ͤ ̼̱̩̩̻̺̌͞ͅt̩̤̄͗͠ŏ͇̯͕͔̺̺̩͖̓́ͬ͆ͤ ̧̤͇̟͋ͫ̌ͫ́ͅs̱͙̓̈́ͥ͘͟p̡̲̹̤͇̘ͤͮ̊̑͝ȇ̴̴̪̺̿ͬ̀ͯͤ͆̂͗ḽ̷̴͈̞̲̰̖͔͔̫ͨͬͯ͂̈́̊̀l̵̟̝̫͚̤̼̠̑ ̟̱̯̝̗͚ͩ̈́ͨ̊̽̓ͤ͢ͅȓ̵͉͚̝͈̫͇̺͇̼̃ͥ̀̈́̈ͭ̑͢i̵̩̩̓̎ͦ̇ͬ́͊̀͘g̡͕͙͕͖̽̈ͣ͒͢h̵̴͚͔̭̘̉̾͗̈́̎̽̊͋̕ͅt̖͙ͦ̕͜͝,̰͇̖̟̠͛͊ͪ̽̅͜ ̡͈͉̥̹͍̗̼̰̏͑̋̓ͭͭͩ̃̚͝k̬̹͙̖͖̰̥̔ͅi̯̭̓̀ͬn̮̺̜̮̣̹̭̄ͧͫ͌͋͌dͩͤ͐͝ͅą̸̻̫̏͛̏̚̚͠ ͈̮̺̲̂͝l̞̥̹͓̒̒͗͟͞i̘͍̖ͨͤ͞k̓̊҉͕̥̻ȩ̥̫̻̰̋ ͖̞̻̖̥̇t̸̯̤̹͈͇͋̇͗͟͠ỏ̡͎̗̹̦̩̏͊͠m̸̢̦̳̙̹̟͛̂̏̍ͪ̄͆̚o̽͏̠̲̣͈r̜͍̟̩ͪ͂ͩͭ͜͝͝ͅr̷̝͍̣̈͗͂̇̅̈ͤ̂̕o̸̡̜̬͍̞̯͓̼ͯ̿̍ͯ͆̉͢w̟̑̀́͝ ̏ͣ́́̚͏̦̥̞̮̩̭̪a̘̩̻̔̈́ͯͫ͒̎̄̚ṋ̢̢̤̥͚̙͍ͧͩ̄͛͗ͧ̾ͫ͢ͅd̼̣̠ͩ̀̇̽̉̽͡ ̪̦̲̼̼̜̜̎ͭͧͬ̑͂̊̏͘ͅd͖̘ͥ̓͊͞ͅį͙͇ͪ̈́̎̏͆̉s̲̯̘̜̞͖̘̭ͦ̓ͪͣͩ̅͐̐̕͜ȁ̙̖͙̼̘̪̏̓ͫ̀͘p̝̗͍̲ͩ̐̎̂͌̓̕͠p̻͈̻̭̘̘̓̀̚ͅō̶͓͉͕̙̤͕̺ͭͅi͖̮̦ͣ̏͂́ͧ͗̚͡ń̶̛̪̮͕̜̜̣̜̫͂ͤ̚t̴ͥ̏ͬ͏̠͇̩̗͚̻̳ḿ̺̼͍ͣ̽ͮ͒͢͢͞ė̴̥͚͎̣̠̪͍̏̒ͩ̈́̏́͡͡ņ̬ͧ͋ͭ̃͂̽͘t̵̵̘̞̰̺̒ͮͨ͘.̷͓̫̀̍̓̓ P̡̬̻͊ͫ̋̍͒͒͆̀o͇̞̥͍͍̪̓ͤ͌̿̚͢͞i̒ͨ͗ͨͯ̏ͮͤ͘͏͉͖̥̫͚n̵̪̟̣͋̇̿t̆̎̇͋̚҉̠̭̤̺͕ ̪̻̤̥̣͖̣ͪs̵͚̰̳͚̠ͩ͗t̨̞̞̬̣̭̺̱͔̲ͩ̒̾̂ͥ̃ī̷̜͇̦͖̞̳͍̥ͧ̈͑͜l̲͉ͮ̇͂ͦ͘͢͡l̘̭̖̙̦̲̍ͤ͆͑̓͛̈̚͝ ̶̪̜̏ͧ̐ͩͬ͋́s̯̗͕͔̮̗̄̆̈͠ṭ̫̳͍͙̉̀̂̚aͣͮ҉҉̴̺̱͎̪n͚͍̙̙̫̭̳̩͂d̨͎̜̱̮̽̔ͩ̇ͩ̈̂ͅs̷̟͔̾̔ ̡̻͙͇̱͈͙̟̰̅́ͦt̹̩̞̯̯̳̘͕ͣͮ̌͌̓́͠ḧ̴̭̞͉̖̰͍̬͕́̍̄͗ͨ͡o̧̯̰͇͉͚̭̯̹̰͒͒͌͋̌u̵̇͆͑̽ͬ͌̎̓̊͘͏̜͉͉̝̝͙g͈͙̤͚̺͓͌͘ḧ̷̘͚͓̥̘̝ͪ͢ͅ.̤̱̦͉̻̣̏͋͛͋͆̀ͧ͟͝
LOL those are the first two words they teach you in Kindergarten. XD

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
LOL those are the first two words they teach you in Kindergarten. XD
I assume Sehn was undergoing some super-secret training while he was in kindergarten.

Bowser Jr. Has a voice while Bowser has realistic sounds.

HOW DOES THAT WORK
The father should sound scarier than the child, of course. :troll:
Tbh, I don't get it either.

Last edited:
There's a wiki if you want to look up more information which is a main issue since there's so much gaps between info that people don't know or remember anything about FFXV like the fact it was supposed to be a spin-off along with Type-0 while FFXIII was the main game of Fabula Nova Chrystallis, hence, the action RPG gameplay.

The party shown a lot consists of Noctis, the protagonist, Prompto, a fugitive who was Noctis's childhood friend, Ignis, the driver and probably butler, and Gladiolus, the guy with the open shirt and big sword. There's also Cor would would be comparable to Auron or Basch as the old man with a military background. He's supposedly playable, but was never shown playable.

Anyway, basically everyone's a fugitive or refugee by the start of the story since another nation is invading other nations and destroying crystals. That girl, Stella, is supposedly going to be star-crossed with Noctis. Maybe not romantic, but they're probably not going to see each other live or become allies (until late game).

Here's the breakdown of the character's combat: Noctis can use every weapon and spell, but probably can't use them to their full potential or else he'd be broken as hell - he probably will have his own special abilities. So, the typical red mage that most games are using for the main character nowadays.

Prompto uses firearms and is the only one who can manually aim them - gameplay purposes -, so everyone else who can use firearms are just going to do the whole Bayonetta or Dante thing and shoot by locking on.

Ignis was said to have used katana and throwing knives, but the new trailer shows he uses two short swords or knives. Also, by his name, you can guess his element of choice kind of like how Snow, Lightning, and Tidus have preferred elements based on their names. He also has a new face and his hair is spikier. Ignis is also the only character of the original four to not go through major cosmetic changes; he looks pretty much the same since the first trailers while Prompto now has a new face, Gladiolus gained tattoos and lost his undershirt, etc. I can't read Japanese, but the latest trailer had the party member's HP listed and considering the top is Noctis, the largest is probably Gladiolus, the other two are Prompto and Ignis. The least is probably Ignis since Prompto seems more like a typical ranger while Ignis might be the glass cannon, black mage of the group.

Gladiolus is the tank considering he's the most muscular and the tallest. Also, unlike Noctis, he can use greatswords with ease - maybe Noctis can get a skill to negate his slow, clumsy swings.

Cor is the other known party member. Considering he's from the same place as Noctis and therefore no firearms, he's probably going to use a lance - the other weapon not associated with anyone playable - or the sword which unless that's Noctis's weapon of choice - probably is - or Noctis's dad is playable for a tutorial. If shields are involved, it might be his main schtick where he's the real tank while Gladiolus can function as a tank, but is more the burst damage guy.

Gameplay is really weird since early trailers showed this wickedly fast action and trailers after that showed decent-speed gameplay - think, DmC: Devil May Cry or the first two Devil May Cry games. After that, it slowed down. I'm assuming they're showing off base-skilled characters to not spoil anything. It also doesn't help that they love to show Noctis swing the greatsword when they should should Gladiolus using it and the fact that Noctis looks incredibly clumsy - with his sword no less - compared to everyone else. I don't know who thought it'd be a great idea to animate Noctis like this, but early trailers showed him off as a fast, teleport-spammer.

Mana did exist in FFXIII, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Birth By Sleep, 3D Dream Drop Distance, and maybe a couple other KH games I'm missing. It seems that FFXV is going by Birth By Sleep's usage of magic where they're set on time limits since you rarely ever see Noctis shoot out anything but a giant fireball.

The HUD thing is an issue with FFXV. Look through all the trailers and you'll notice they keep changing. I'm not kidding. Each trailer that isn't extended or whatever shows a different HUD. The recent one reminds me of FFXIII's while the previous one was an updated version of the PS3 trailer where you can see the characters' faces. Unless it's customizable, they really need to make up their minds.

Finally, I would defend FFXIII, but I don't want to cause a flame war, so whatever.
Well, you did a better job than what Square Enix did in telling me the gameplay so props to you

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, you did a better job than what Square Enix did in telling me the gameplay so props to you
There's also the whole teleport thing that probably works like DMC4's Devil Bringer, DmC: Devil May Cry's Ophion, and God of War's chain blades grabbing mechanic except it's a teleport instead of a grab. Also, the random moments of bro-attacks reminds me of The Bouncer where I think you could do that through taunts or something. They also never said anything about dodging and who it works - watch the part where Noctis dances around the enemies - and there's supposedly stealth and cover systems.

Vehicles, platforming, combat, and exploration; tons of stuff that FFXV is trying to do similar to what Metal Gear Solid V is trying to accomplish as an open-world stealth game.

Last edited:
There's also the whole teleport thing that probably works like DMC4's Devil Bringer, DmC: Devil May Cry's Ophion, and God of War's chain blades grabbing mechanic except it's a teleport instead of a grab. Also, the random moments of bro-attacks reminds me of The Bouncer where I think you could do that through taunts or something. They also never said anything about dodging and who it works - watch the part where Noctis dances around the enemies - and there's supposedly stealth and cover systems.

Vehicles, platforming, combat, and exploration; tons of stuff that FFXV is trying to do similar to what Metal Gear Solid V is trying to accomplish as an open-world stealth game.
If there was any JRPG I could think of that seemed to have tried to do the same thing, it's probably The Last Story.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Bowser should've gotten his real voice. Not this Godzilla in a blender with an amplifier voice he has now.
I don't know. I kind of heard a difference between Bowser's Brawl voice and the voice he had in Shulk's trailer. In the latter, I'd say Bowser's voice is more of a smooth blend of his real voice and his Brawl voice. I don't know if they actually did upgrade his voice in the new Smash, but it would be kind of weird if they completely revamped his method of vocalization for only a roar and two grunts.
And by the way, I don't want to know the truth right now. I think that if the answer was a disappointment, I'd be more forgiving if I could just play the damn game.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Don't know if this has been posted already. Basically Sakurai found it more realistic to have Bowser, DK characters, and Dedede to have animal sounds.

Edit: Also explains the KIU bias with Smash Run enemies and items.

Why some older characters haven't returned

- it's hard to bring over data from Melee, due to the game being quite old
Is this specifically hinting towards Mewtwo since ICs were in Brawl and the other ones not returning from Melee are clones? Either that or he took a lot of veteran data from Melee instead of Brawl for some reason...

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Bowser's Smash Bros. Voice- all of them- suck. He should have his Galaxy voice. Which I believe is his current voice. Don't understand why Sakurai continues to make up his voice. :v
Don't know if this has been posted already. Basically Sakurai found it more realistic to have Bowser, DK characters, and Dedede to have animal sounds.
EDIT: Just saw this.

I still disagree with the voice casting. These are toon characters. Realism with voices is irrelevant.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bowser's voice in Smash is far better than his actual voice. I can take him seriously for once, rather than laugh at him.
I don't understand why people dislike the awesome roars. :4bowser:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Bowser's voice in Smash is far better than his actual voice. I can take him seriously for once, rather than laugh at him.
The reason why I dislike them is because I like Bowser's official roars and snarls. They fit his toonish figure.

Same with Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Who ever said you're even meant to take Bowser seriously? :4dedede:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In regards to Bowser, most of my exposure with him was in Smash or Mario Kart 64, so I was never really bothered by his roars. If anything, him having a human voice sounded awkward to me even though I'm fine with Bowser Jr's voice being the way it is. With DK, same reasoning as Bowser. With Diddy, I'm pretty sure my biggest exposure to him was Mario Tennis where he made monkey noises, so I'm fine with that too. My only exposure to Dedede having a voice was the American dub of the Kirby anime, and there's no way I'm having any of that.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Who ever said you're even meant to take Bowser seriously? :4dedede:
I thought Bowser was quite the menacing figure in SMB1-3, World, and 64 (despite his hilarious model).

Then suddenly he became some joke. Fitting since he always fails... but he can actually win in Smash.
The reason why I dislike them is because I like Bowser's official roars and snarls. They fit his toonish figure.

Same with Donkey Kong.
See above.

Though nothing will ever beat Grant Kirkhope DK, Smash DK is still the best we can get since they won't get Grant.

Also, Dedede is Sakurai's creation, and he voiced him in Kirby 64 as well, so his voice actually is accurate.

Besides, I hardly think voices are what we should be worried about when we still have Old Manondorf.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
>Hard to port over data from Melee.
.....He seems to be referring to Mewtwo.

I'll disagree with Sakurai here. Bowser was a Godzilla in Melee and Brawl, so the animalist roars made sense, at least. Now that he's in-line with his modern appearance, they don't fit as well. Bowser's Galaxy voice was still evil and not something to take lightly despite sounding more human like.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seems to be the source of what MEWTWOMASTER2002 has if anyone is curious: http://nintendoeverything.com/more-...n-sounding-voices-difficulty-with-melee-data/
Last but not least, we have a somewhat strange tidbit that comes from the section of Sakurai addressing certain characters not being in the new games. Interestingly, he said that it’s difficult to transplant original data from Super Smash Bros. Melee since the game is so old.
Seems like it could be referring to Mewtwo, at least the last part. If that is the case, I had a feeling that there were some technical difficulties going on here and not just Mewtwo being "low priority".

What I'd really liked to know is who else Sakurai discussed aside from that tidbit if anything. Especially on King K. Rool (I don't believe in recency as a factor for any franchise aside from Pokemon so his exclusion very much shocked me).

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can understand why transplanting data from Melee would be hard - Anyone who has looked into Melee's filesystem knows that it's an absolute mess compared to what Brawl and Smash 4 use. It's far from impossible though, as Brawl hackers have imported data from Melee.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
>Had to port over data from Melee.
.....He seems to be referring to Mewtwo.
I already addressed it in the leaks thread, but since it's out here now.

I'm glad that we have this information straight from Sakurai. Many people tried to say that he makes everything from scratch.
Now there's direct proof that I was correct about them actually porting data from older games and reusing assets.

Also, forget Mewtwo, HD Fountain of Dreams.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Interestingly, he said that it’s difficult to transplant original data from Super Smash Bros. Melee since the game is so old.
He is definitely talking about Mewtwo.
I'm guessing they just didn't have the time to properly remake him and others just took priority, be it because of Game Freak or just because they were easier to implement. Man, that's one hell of an unlucky streak.

... but really, if we had to get stages from Melee back, give me Pokefloats, that one was fun.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone heard of this new craze in Japan called "Yokai Watch"?

Staarih

Smash Master
Whenever I think of Bowser I just hear the "harharharhar" laugh he has which is pretty close to a roar or random animal sound to me anyway haha.

Would kind of suck to see Mewtwo be "low priority", the poor Pokémon has been planned and scrapped for so many games already! Hopefully DLC happens for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom