• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Meh, Digimon has a better shot at that then this, and digimon is waaaaaaaaaaay behind Pokemon still. Then again who can really tell whats gonna be popular in 5 years.
A fortune teller might be able to discern what is going to be popular in five years; someone clairvoyant is my final answer. :4jigglypuff:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think the game would get much popularity outside of Japan

Which is a major problem with it

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
So did anyone read that interview in famitsu with Sakurai? here are the highlights: http://nintendoeverything.com/more-...n-sounding-voices-difficulty-with-melee-data/

Now something bothers me in what Sakurai says. He claims he did not bring back certain past characters because he could not import Melees old data...but didn't Sakurai claim that he made EVERY character in Smash 4 from scratch including veterans? So why would him not being able to import Melees data prevent him from bringing back a certain someone? Was Sakurai lying about making veterans from scratch? Did he really just use Brawls data? would explain so much actually. And noticeably every returning stage was in Brawl. Makes me think Sakurai is a lazy POS. what if he did not even bother to make ICE CLimbers work after he saw he could not just simply import them from Brawl without making certain tweaks?

Morbi

Scavenger
So did anyone read that interview in famitsu with Sakurai? here are the highlights: http://nintendoeverything.com/more-...n-sounding-voices-difficulty-with-melee-data/

Now something bothers me in what Sakurai says. He claims he did not bring back certain past characters because he could not import Melees old data...but didn't Sakurai claim that he made EVERY character in Smash 4 from scratch including veterans? So why would him not being able to import Melees data prevent him from bringing back a certain someone? Was Sakurai lying about making veterans from scratch? Did he really just use Brawls data? would explain so much actually. And noticeably every returning stage was in Brawl. Makes me think Sakurai is a lazy POS. what if he did not even bother to make ICE CLimbers work after he saw he could not just simply import them from Brawl without making certain tweaks?
Whoa, the Sakurai is a lazy POS card... too bad those only come out once the game launches. Not before, never before.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, the Sakurai is a lazy POS card... too bad those only come out once the game launches. Not before, never before.
We don't often get interviews about content that is NOT in the game until people know what content is in the game. Which is usually post release. The "Lazy POS" card only applies if what he said about making every character from scratch is a lie. He had no reason to say this if it were not true. His comments about not bringing a certain vet back because melees data was to old contradicts what he said. Like he wanted people to think that he was working harder than he actually was or something.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
You can call Sakurai many things: crazy, biased, wierd, but you cant really call him lazy. I mean its not like he makes the entire game all by himself, yet he's very involved in testing out each character to the point on physical pain, to make sure everything is as close to perfect as it can get. Something about this quote is off, or lost in translation. Maybe he was just adressing the "why cant you just pull those characters out of melee" people, who knows.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Game & Watch Gallery 3 is on the European eShop now, which means it's probably on its way to the U.S., and I'm way more excited than I should be about it.

:4gaw::gw::4gaw::gw:

Morbi

Scavenger
We don't often get interviews about content that is NOT in the game until people know what content is in the game. Which is usually post release. The "Lazy POS" card only applies if what he said about making every character from scratch is a lie. He had no reason to say this if it were not true. His comments about not bringing a certain vet back because melees data was to old contradicts what he said. Like he wanted people to think that he was working harder than he actually was or something.
There was that whole Subspace Emissary ordeal that everyone overlooked (or they ignored it because they ****-ride Sakurai harder than I try to like every post). The one where he decided to cut the single-player mode citing that internet videos spoiled the game.

You can call Sakurai many things: crazy, biased, wierd, but you cant really call him lazy. I mean its not like he makes the entire game all by himself, yet he's very involved in testing out each character to the point on physical pain, to make sure everything is as close to perfect as it can get. Something about this quote is off, or lost in translation. Maybe he was just adressing the "why cant you just pull those characters out of melee" people, who knows.
Dat physical pain. Only Sakurai is incompetent enough to develop a game to the detriment of his health because he really wanted Dark Pit in the game.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
There was that whole Subspace Emissary ordeal that everyone overlooked (or they ignored it because they ****-ride Sakurai harder than I try to like every post). The one where he decided to cut the single-player mode citing that internet videos spoiled the game.
Ugh I try to forgot that nonsense. The 3DS version could have really benefited from a mode like sse even if there were no cut scenes.

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Why do people always take these "quotes" so seriously? I can imagine him saying it like this: "People say we have so much memory to work with, so we could just import characters from previous games, but it isn't that easy. That'ts why I made everyone from scratch, and don't quite have time for Mewtwo, Wolf, Snake, Ice-Climbers, etc."

The only thing we have to go on is that some one said that he said that it was hard to import data from old games. Unless you have a direct quote, you shouldn't make any assumptions.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why do people always take these "quotes" so seriously? I can imagine him saying it like this: "People say we have so much memory to work with, so we could just import characters from previous games, but it isn't that easy. That'ts why I made everyone from scratch, and don't quite have time for Mewtwo, Wolf, Snake, Ice-Climbers, etc."
The only thing we have to go on is that some one said that he said that it was hard to import data from old games. Unless you have a direct quote, you shouldn't make any assumptions.
Also, it really is irrelevant to anything since the game is done.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'll be getting it physical. I'm used to getting games physical, the box art's cool, and I find downloading full retail games takes forever to download. >_> I'll also be at University the day it comes out so I can walk into town to get it.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Physical for me. I dunno, digital would probably be better, but I'm gettin' physical anyway.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Physical copy for the win.

Will likely buy the double pack that will release here in Europe so me and my brother can play.

So many Ganondorf/Olimar/Greninja/Dark Pit/Robin vs. Mr. Game & Watch matches incoming. And Smash Run beatdowns.

It's really sad how little people seem to actually enjoy games now. People always seem to be complaining about one thing or another.
The sad, sad truth, unfortunately.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I'm getting physical because I always get physical copies of games I REALLY care about.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to get the mental version

Then I can truly play it wherever I go

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Digital has so many more advantages to me.

1. I switch between games very often, and I don't want to have to fumble around for the next cartridge.

2. I have very, very limited opportunities to go to the store. If I don't get digital, I won't be able to get it at all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are you getting Smash Red or Smash blue?

Smash blue doesn't seem to be launching at the same time for some reason so I may just get Smash Red

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm buying the physical copy because
1. My internet is terrible.
2. I want to show off the box.

D

Deleted member

Are you getting Smash Red or Smash blue?

Smash blue doesn't seem to be launching at the same time for some reason so I may just get Smash Red
Neither, as N3DS happened (and as Europe has the red one only).

(Thanks for Nintendo for lengthening the life of my budget for upgrading my 3DS by the way. :estatic:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I'm still debating on whether or not I should get physical or digital. Each has its benefits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom