• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What do you get when you cross a vulture and a wasp

IDK what THEY Call it

But it's a BuzZzzzZard in my book

Last edited:

Soul.

How dare you forget the new Zelda game?! :grrr:

What about the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, and Sonic Boom?
1. Eh.
2. Eh.
3. Eh.
4. Not bad, but still eh.
5. Same as no. 5.
The thing is that I'm not interested on the Wii U. As I said, I kinda prefer handhelds over consoles.
I think you missed the quotation marks. "Superior."

And the joke.

I bought a 360 for just one game.
Yes, I missed them. I just had to say that lol.
Hey, at least I was right.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not interested in all of those. They are good games, but meh. I kinda prefer handhelds over consoles.
That's your opinion, which might not be shared by another person. Someone else likes those games, and will buy the console so they can play them. And looking briefly at the list given by Poppy, there's a lot of people who will buy the Wii U due to these games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
HOW DO I KEEP FORGETTING GAMES
Like Kirby, you have a whole universe inside of you. A few snips of information escape now and again. :p

From what I've heard. It's not very good.
Nor have I. A big reason I refuse to buy that alone for it. I'm a huge Wario fan too. I'm not buying the Virtual Boy for his game. Limits exist. Minus the 32x, practically all my consoles/handhelds has at least 2 Sonic games on 'em I can play. If the copy works, anyway.

Soul.

That's your opinion, which might not be shared by another person. Someone else likes those games, and will buy the console so they can play them. And looking briefly at the list given by Poppy, there's a lot of people who will buy the Wii U due to these games.
I know it is. It's just an opinion.
They can buy the Wii U and I'd still respect them. Same for handhelds.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You keep all your gags in your mouth?
Christ, I'm really worried for your digestive system.
Ah, yes, because eating things made of fire, rock, explosives, sharp needles, swords, cutting blades, and plasma is so much better. Not to mention live birds, missiles, and ghosts. :troll:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, even so, it's not really that different from the Magic ability in Squeak Squad, I would think.
Well, I don't know, eating lava is one thing. But somehow getting the ability to manipulate space and attacking foes using animals and a fuel for gambling all because I ate something do have their differences.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, I don't know, eating lava is one thing. But somehow getting the ability to manipulate space and attacking foes using animals and a fuel for gambling all because I ate something do have their differences.
Well, I moreso meant the gags, not the nutrition values in all the weird stuff I eat. :laugh:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's exactly the kind of healthy lifestyle you want to live by going with the same diet I have.
Well I mean, I'd sure make a killing in the circus. But other than that (and hiding from government forces), what else is there to it?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well I mean, I'd sure make a killing in the circus. But other than that (and hiding for government forces), what else is there to it?
It makes you healthy and may make your goal of living to be 1000.

Fun fact: I was secretly born in 1566, was there to see live dodo birds before they went extinct. It's been a charmed life, living all these years in a youthful state while being able to breath fire at any threat.

...nah, I'm just kiddin'. But eating lava does increase your wit at least. How else do you think I could have come up with a fake story like that?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Gah. Trying to hunt down a brstm file of Simple and Clean, either original or Rising Sun Remix, is a pain in the ***. ;-;
Is this version fine? I hunted a DL link down in the request thread.

Edit: oops, link.
(this song brings me back, really.)
edit edit: is this the rising sun remix you were asking for as well? Hope it works fine.
edit edit edit: The last link's preview was taken down on youtube, so i'm not sure if it's the correct file.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Is this version fine? I hunted a DL link down in the request thread.

Edit: oops, link.
(this song brings me back, really.)
Yea. that'll do. Rising Sun Remix would have been the best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmhl2W-kuBc) but the single brstm file I was able to find of it, on Brawl Vault, was taken down, but the tempo it has would fit the best. Still, this version will fit Smashville well enough.

Thanks~

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm going to try something.

This is the first segment of Act III of TWOTT. It's going almost on two months since I lasted posted. Blockages, as well as engrossment in other projects with greater priority, have steered me further away from this little side-project.

If, after reading the following, there is still interest for me to continue, then I surely will. Otherwise, I'll put it to rest for good.

[collapse=Act III Preview]
The New Generica Market was a sight to behold. Shame this isn’t a visual medium, or you’d have been in for a treat. I guess you’ll have to make due with your stunted imaginations.

Upon descending the great rock where sat the Asylum of the Banned, the Bandwagoners made their misbegotten way to the Market, located on the North-By-Northwest Side (represent). The streets cut through the district like spokes of a wheel, and there, many shops, stands, and kiosks were arranged. Signs and panels extravagant and humble alike clustered to building facades like so many barnacles, and the streets were bustling at this early hour of the night.

“Let’s get going, then,” said Cliff, pushing up his glasses.

At the outer rim of the Market, many a vendor called out to them as they passed, displaying their generic wares (for New Generica was a major center of the Indistinct Goods industry, drawing peddlers of the forgettable from all corners). Larger stores cropped up as they wandered further into the district. There was Golden Yuniidtusiturassdown, a so-called “correctional massage parlour” where one went to be disabused of their misguided notions. Nearby, Scat Man’s World advertised itself as the one-stop shop for all of your scat-related needs. Before a Peacock Emporium (one of the many they passed) flashed signs promoting the latest deals (8 Bucks For 8 Peacocks! Buy Now And We’ll Throw In A Pheasant!).

Along the way, they came across purveyors of foodstuffs. Their sojourn to and from the Asylum had left them wanting for nourishment, so the sirensongs of the vendors were more entrancing than they otherwise would have been.

Bidoof bought some nuts and berries, only to chuck them at the mouth of his costumed head, causing them to fall uselessly on the ground. Kermit expressed interest in the contents of a barrel, which was too tall for Kermit to peer inside. Tewn, for his own amusement, got him a bag of the stuff. He suppressed a grin as Kermit unknowingly slid anchovy after pickled anchovy into his mouth flap (though Tewn was one to laugh, having bought kebabs which actually contained leenk).

Cliff partook of nothing, for being a critical and informed consumer, he was decidedly unimpressed with the options available to him. Conversely, Nielicus gradually assembled a veritable smorgasbord—alpaca jerky, salted cud, dàt phud thô. After a swig of Diet Beetus, Nielicus offered some of his grub to Vegito, but the latter declined; he wanted to be the very best that no one ever was (:4myfriends:), so he preferred to eat healthily. As such, he continued to munch on his homemade "Veggie Skittles"—bits of dried broccoli, Brussels sprout, squash, turnip, and eggplant lacquered in Vegemite.

The Market was a difficult place to navigate, with concentric rings and crisscrossing lanes. The Bandwagoners assembled around a bench in the Market Dodecagon, looking to gain their bearings.

“You know,” said Mega Bidoof, “it might have been useful if that Slapaswami guy had told us where this place is supposed to be.”

“Oh, hey!” exclaimed Vegito. “I have my laptop with me. I can look it up.”

He unslung his backpack and extracted his laptop.

“A PLATINUM7,” noted Tewn. “Nice.”

They gathered around Vegito like children of lesser privilege hovering around the kid with a Game Boy at recess. Vegito accessed Bing—the preeminent search engine, and let no one tell you otherwise—and typed in Kapnkrust and Totserbine.

Did you mean Cap’nChreest & ToasterBrains?

The first page in the search results brought them to a ****ty Web 1.0 homepage. Vegito squinted to make sense of the cancerous colour scheme.

THE CAP’NCHREEST AND TOASTERBRAINS ARMORY
FOR WEAPONS, EQUIPMENT, GEAR, ITEMS, AND LOOT (+MINIGAMES!)
VISIT US TODAY AT NEW GENERICA, JUST ACROSS FROM THE BENCH IN THE MARKET SQUARE!​

The Bandwagoners looked up from where they sat. And indeed, the towering building before them was labelled clearly as the Cap’nChreest and ToasterBrains Armory, the name flashing in oversized neon lights.

“Well, would you look at that,” said Nielicus, ingesting the last of his paninininini.

Vegito closed the browser, and Kermit peered closer. “Hey, Vegito. What’s in that folder there? Blue-Footed Boo—”

In a flash, Vegito slammed his laptop shut. “—Nothing!”

Kermit blinked, then slid off the bench. Vegito breathed out in relief, glad that his secret kinks would remain secret, at least for now.

After the Bandwagoners had entered the Armory, however, the people in the Market Square finally let out their repressed chuckles and snickers, and proceeded to disseminate Vegito’s embarrassing truth on social media platforms.
[/collapse]

I continue to feel a bit bad for not seeing this thing through; the desire to finish creative projects is a pathology of mine, you see (as is my being a lecher).

In order for me to continue, I need to know that people still want to read this stuff, because it is just a random fic written for the ****s and the giggles. So I leave the fate of this misbegotten project to you, the Social Thread denizens.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Yea. that'll do. Rising Sun Remix would have been the best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmhl2W-kuBc) but the single brstm file I was able to find of it, on Brawl Vault, was taken down, but the tempo it has would fit the best. Still, this version will fit Smashville well enough.

Thanks~
I tried to find the other song, and put the link in my edited post. (not sure if it's the correct version as the preview has been taken down)
If that doesn't work out, you can drop by this thread or the subreddit and request it.
The OP of the thread also has a rudimentary file converter that you can make the brstm on yourself if you don't mind it just repeating when it finishes.
So who here is getting the digital copy of the game?
I feel like i will be able to play the game sooner if i go to the midnight release, and i am an impatient man.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm going to try something.

This is the first segment of Act III of TWOTT. It's going almost on two months since I lasted posted. Blockages, as well as engrossment in other projects with greater priority, have steered me further away from this little side-project.

If, after reading the following, there is still interest for me to continue, then I surely will. Otherwise, I'll put it to rest for good.

[collapse=Act III Preview]
The New Generica Market was a sight to behold. Shame this isn’t a visual medium, or you’d have been in for a treat. I guess you’ll have to make due with your stunted imaginations.

Upon descending the great rock where sat the Asylum of the Banned, the Bandwagoners made their misbegotten way to the Market, located on the North-By-Northwest Side (represent). The streets cut through the district like spokes of a wheel, and there, many shops, stands, and kiosks were arranged. Signs and panels extravagant and humble alike clustered to building facades like so many barnacles, and the streets were bustling at this early hour of the night.

“Let’s get going, then,” said Cliff, pushing up his glasses.

At the outer rim of the Market, many a vendor called out to them as they passed, displaying their generic wares (for New Generica was a major center of the Indistinct Goods industry, drawing peddlers of the forgettable from all corners). Larger stores cropped up as they wandered further into the district. There was Golden Yuniidtusiturassdown, a so-called “correctional massage parlour” where one went to be disabused of their misguided notions. Nearby, Scat Man’s World advertised itself as the one-stop shop for all of your scat-related needs. Before a Peacock Emporium (one of the many they passed) flashed signs promoting the latest deals (8 Bucks For 8 Peacocks! Buy Now And We’ll Throw In A Pheasant!).

Along the way, they came across purveyors of foodstuffs. Their sojourn to and from the Asylum had left them wanting for nourishment, so the sirensongs of the vendors were more entrancing than they otherwise would have been.

Bidoof bought some nuts and berries, only to chuck them at the mouth of his costumed head, causing them to fall uselessly on the ground. Kermit expressed interest in the contents of a barrel, which was too tall for Kermit to peer inside. Tewn, for his own amusement, got him a bag of the stuff. He suppressed a grin as Kermit unknowingly slid anchovy after pickled anchovy into his mouth flap (though Tewn was one to laugh, having bought kebabs which actually contained leenk).

Cliff partook of nothing, for being a critical and informed consumer, he was decidedly unimpressed with the options available to him. Conversely, Nielicus gradually assembled a veritable smorgasbord—alpaca jerky, salted cud, dàt phud thô. After a swig of Diet Beetus, Nielicus offered some of his grub to Vegito, but the latter declined; he wanted to be the very best that no one ever was (:4myfriends:), so he preferred to eat healthily. As such, he continued to munch on his homemade "Veggie Skittles"—bits of dried broccoli, Brussels sprout, squash, turnip, and eggplant lacquered in Vegemite.

The Market was a difficult place to navigate, with concentric rings and crisscrossing lanes. The Bandwagoners assembled around a bench in the Market Dodecagon, looking to gain their bearings.

“You know,” said Mega Bidoof, “it might have been useful if that Slapaswami guy had told us where this place is supposed to be.”

“Oh, hey!” exclaimed Vegito. “I have my laptop with me. I can look it up.”

He unslung his backpack and extracted his laptop.

“A PLATINUM7,” noted Tewn. “Nice.”

They gathered around Vegito like children of lesser privilege hovering around the kid with a Game Boy at recess. Vegito accessed Bing—the preeminent search engine, and let no one tell you otherwise—and typed in Kapnkrust and Totserbine.

Did you mean Cap’nChreest & ToasterBrains?

The first page in the search results brought them to a ****ty Web 1.0 homepage. Vegito squinted to make sense of the cancerous colour scheme.

THE CAP’NCHREEST AND TOASTERBRAINS ARMORY
FOR WEAPONS, EQUIPMENT, GEAR, ITEMS, AND LOOT (+MINIGAMES!)
VISIT US TODAY AT NEW GENERICA, JUST ACROSS FROM THE BENCH IN THE MARKET SQUARE!​

The Bandwagoners looked up from where they sat. And indeed, the towering building before them was labelled clearly as the Cap’nChreest and ToasterBrains Armory, the name flashing in oversized neon lights.

“Well, would you look at that,” said Nielicus, ingesting the last of his paninininini.

Vegito closed the browser, and Kermit peered closer. “Hey, Vegito. What’s in that folder there? Blue-Footed Boo—”

In a flash, Vegito slammed his laptop shut. “—Nothing!”

Kermit blinked, then slid off the bench. Vegito breathed out in relief, glad that his secret kinks would remain secret, at least for now.

After the Bandwagoners had entered the Armory, however, the people in the Market Square finally let out their repressed chuckles and snickers, and proceeded to disseminate Vegito’s embarrassing truth on social media platforms.
[/collapse]

I continue to feel a bit bad for not seeing this thing through; the desire to finish creative projects is a pathology of mine, you see (as is my being a lecher).

In order for me to continue, I need to know that people still want to read this stuff, because it is just a random fic written for the ****s and the giggles. So I leave the fate of this misbegotten project to you, the Social Thread denizens.
I would continue reading it for teh lulz, but if there are other things in your life with higher priority, I wouldn't mind if you stopped it for those. After all, it is a side project of yours that you are doing for fun.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I would continue reading it for teh lulz, but if there are other things in your life with higher priority, I wouldn't mind if you stopped it for those. After all, it is a side project of yours that you are doing for fun.
That's not quite the case. It's more that I'd begun to lose enthusiasm and motivation, since more and more time was passing since I had last updated. My lack of consistency compounded my drive with every day that passed, which didn't sit well with the writer's ethic I've always wanted to cultivate (i.e. finish what you start).

Naturally, Smash hype and other stuff has impinged on my productivity over the last month. But still. I'm fully willing to continue with this project, since it was much fun.

The question is whether anyone else still actually cares about TWOTT (and by "anyone", I mean those who had been reading along back in Social Thread 2.0).

Hence today's referendum. Please Understand.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That's not quite the case. It's more that I'd begun to lose enthusiasm and motivation, since more and more time was passing since I had last updated. My lack of consistency compounded my drive with every day that passed, which didn't sit well with the writer's ethic I've always wanted to cultivate (i.e. finish what you start).

Naturally, Smash hype and other stuff has impinged on my productivity over the last month. But still. I'm fully willing to continue with this project, since it was much fun.

The question is whether anyone else still actually cares about TWOTT (and by "anyone", I mean those who had been reading along back in Social Thread 2.0).

Hence today's referendum. Please Understand.
I read it back in Social Thread 2.0, and I care enough to read it if it continues getting updated. I understand if it doesn't continue due to loss of interest from both writer and past audience, and it will not be a huge loss if that happens.

That Final Fantasy XV TGS trailer.... Looks like it's up to me to interpret then yet again because the trailers don't do a good job at telling me what the hell is going on

So here we go....

Basically what I saw was a gang that kinda screams Backstreet Boys at me for some reason except they wear black and they need to run away from authorities for stealing some diamonds or crystals or ****. I'm guessing the true objective of FF XV is to help Noctis go to his date before time runs out. He has some allies but I only know one of the guy's names. Basically, the guy who's showing of his abs is the tank of the group. Prompto, the gunner, is the ranged dps of the group. That other guy no one knows is probably the melee dps and Noctis is probably the versatile one who can use long range and short range

The gameplay is basically a slow and bogged down version of Kingdom Hearts with some scripted events from time to time. Depending on which character you play as, you might be playing two games. One being, like I said, Kingdom Hearts except slower while the other one is like Uncharted. Playing as Prompto will likely give you an experience similar to uncharted. Third person shooter with set pieces or scripted events which I love

It doesn't seem like there's a mana bar yet again. Brilliant. Even Kingdom Hearts has a mana bar/magic bar. I also noticed that a part of the HUD seen in the E3 2013 trailer is missing which probably means that the controls will a lot simpler. Will it be dumbed down? Who knows.

The graphics are holy and it was so good, I nearly gave this trailer a pass but I'm not that shallow. I had no idea what the hell was going on in the trailer. I need more info

The good thing? Final Fantasy XV is a game unlike FF XIII which isn't a game at all. It was a horrible movie where you press one button for some reason all the time

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Before a Peacock Emporium (one of the many they passed) flashed signs promoting the latest deals (8 Bucks For 8 Peacocks! Buy Now And We’ll Throw In A Pheasant!).
Clever... Oh so clever...

Anyway, I'd still be willing to read TWOTT. It's always fun to see what happens to the rag-tag group.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I read it back in Social Thread 2.0, and I care enough to read it if it continues getting updated. I understand if it doesn't continue due to loss of interest from both writer and past audience, and it will not be a huge loss if that happens.
It's not a lack of enthusiasm for the material itself that I have, but whether it's still worth pursuing after all this time.

And it would be a great loss, in that my material is hilarious. I can say this without pretense, especially with the reception of the prior installments.

I guess what I'm trying to get across is that I'd like to continue with this project, but I'd also like it if people were cool with how the overdue continuation would be extremely late by all standards.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's not a lack of enthusiasm for the material itself that I have, but whether it's still worth pursuing after all this time.

And it would be a great loss, in that my material is hilarious. I can say this without pretense, especially with the reception of the prior installments.

I guess what I'm trying to get across is that I'd like to continue with this project, but I'd also like it if people were cool with how the overdue continuation would be extremely late by all standards.
Then by all means, continue it. People will be happy if it continues even with how late the update is. Sometimes it takes me months to update my blog. However, the difference between my blog and your project is that you have a guaranteed audience with the people who always come to the thread and my blog's audience is limited to me telling friends to check it out.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Then by all means, continue it. People will be happy if it continues even with how late the update is. Sometimes it takes me months to update my blog. However, the difference between my blog and your project is that you have a guaranteed audience with the people who always come to the thread and my blog's audience is limited to me telling friends to check it out.
Tell you what.

I'll try to finish this damn thing, if you direct me to your blog.

Also, I see that @Warchamp7 is lurking. I was planning on name-dropping him at a certain point during this story. It's a most fitting cameo, as one may eventually see.

@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht I would like that you continue.
I need to know my porpoise.
Here he is.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Tell you what.

I'll try to finish this damn thing, if you direct me to your blog.

Also, I see that @Warchamp7 is lurking. I was planning on name-dropping him at a certain point during this story. It's a most fitting cameo, as one may eventually see.

Here he is.
I sent the link to my last post in a PM. The last post was written in May, but I forgot to click publish until now. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom