• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Heh heh. Gotta love old cartoons.

Also, I've heard enough negative judgement for that gtame to not give it a chance.
Well here's one positive judgement for ya.

I tried assault, and I honestly found it really good. It had the best Star Fox soundtrack and the controls aren't really that bad for me. One thing I don't like about the game itself, is that the game is short.

Never tried Adventures before, but even though the reviews are so negative, you can still give it a chance.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be off-topic here for a sec (inb4SocialThreadHasATopic?), did you know Furret (5'11'') is taller than Charizard (5'07'')?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've heard StairFax Adventures is pretty bad. It's the only Starfox game I haven't played, and I don't plan on it.
Assault is pretty meh too. I hope Miyamoto can pull the series out of the crapper.

Also, nice avatar. The animation in the Popeye reboot looked incredible.
Star Fox Adventures isn't bad as much as it is a giant disappointment. It was pretty much the beginning of the end for Rare too, further rubbing salt in the wound for people who were running off the high of Rare's seemingly nonstop run of smash hits from 1994-2001 and, of course, the giant boots left to fill by Star Fox 64. Granted, Star Fox 64 was a tough act to follow but Rare dropped the ball in a big way.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'm sure if you gave it a chance, you would like it.
I don't think so. I'm not into furries.
Also, I just played Mario Galaxy recently. Any other 3D platformer after that is going to feel significantly inferior.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah Sticker Star was an absolute train wreck. All that is needed to be said has been said.

Another game I regretted buying was Star Fox Command. Awful 100% touch screen controls that were over complicated and should've used the buttons, missions were extremely repetitive with nothing to make them stick out, all endings sucked ass, and giant jumps in difficulty as you progress. A ****ty game indeed.

Whoever stole my copy of that game, I can't thank you enough.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't think so. I'm not into furries.
Also, I just played Mario Galaxy recently. Any other 3D platformer after that is going to feel significantly inferior.
When I was young
The jump from Galaxy 1 to Galaxy 2 was a huge difficulty spike.
Simple "Get from Point A to Point B with Yoshi and Drills ect, maybe fight a boss" Missions were easy for me, I'm comfortable with those.
But the second it gets more complicated I find myself struggling
Stars were hard to collect
and I had a hard time getting through World 3 to the point where I returned the game to my game store at the time
I'vent seen the game since. R.I.P. SMG2

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Heh heh. Gotta love old cartoons.

Also, I've heard enough negative judgement for that game to not give it a chance.
It's not bad persay, it's actually one of the best looking GCN games, and it has some cool music.
However it is nothing like a Star Fox game, and even as an adventure game, it's pretty mediocre, so even if you don't care about Star Fox shenanigans, it's still a meh adventure Zelda-like game, not bad, but just meh.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
You do NOT have to be a furry to play StarFox Adventures and like it. That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.
Psst. Hey. CliffJumper. Come here for a sec.
Okay?
Psssst.

It was a joke.

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
It's not bad persay, it's actually one of the best looking GCN games, and it has some cool music.
However it is nothing like a Star Fox game, and even as an adventure game, it's pretty mediocre, so even if you don't care about Star Fox shenanigans, it's still a meh adventure Zelda-like game, not bad, but just meh.
Not trying to argue with you, but IMO Assault has the best Star Fox soundtrack here. And Assault is actually pretty good, just really underrated, just like Super Mario Sunshine, Kirby Air Ride, Etc.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Not trying to argue with you, but IMO Assault has the best Star Fox soundtrack here. And Assault is actually pretty good, just really underrated, just like Super Mario Sunshine, Kirby Air Ride, Etc.
I agree, but Adventures is not bad either.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Star Fox, eh? I liked Assault. I especially enjoyed the Star Wolf arrangement/remix/whatever. Like that one person said a few posts ago, the music's pretty good in that game. I also played a lot of the multiplayer, which was nice because the game was kinda short. That at least gave it a bit more longevity. Or something.

*shrug*

Different strokes, I suppose. What I really want out of a SF game is to be able to play co-op in the main campaign. Hope they do that for the next one.

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
Adventures was bad because it spawned that hideous freak Krystal. It also had a stupid finale. And Prince Tricky.

Assault was actually rather decent, but still tainted by Krystal's presence.

Command was...flammable...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Adventures was bad because it spawned that hideous freak Krystal. It also had a stupid finale. And Prince Tricky.

Assault was actually rather decent, but still tainted by Krystal's presence.

Command was...flammable...
Son, I must say, beware the jumpers of cliffs. You'll understand later...

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I think because of sticker star craziness, I completely forgot the point I was making earlier: Paper Mario is recognized as not the same mario.

Remember that the series rep got talked for his case a lot and now, we hae the answer. First, it obviously got more rep, that is a big improvment on brawl with the stage and the music (Rogueport yay!). That alone sows that the series is quite important enough to get there. I still want to remind that there's a lot of characters fans that would give a lot to get a stage and even more for a stage repping 3 games out of all 4 (PM64 got repped with the whale as random hazards). So, that may actually be a good sign for the series future.

Where it gets really interesting is the trophy description. In brawl, it was basically like the copy paste of SPM...but for just the playable characters. Every other trophies was mostly just referencing the game and most was SPM, the latest game as brawl came out. Here we do see only sticker star (and for some reasons, a SPM mention on a non Paper Mario trophy), but did anyone paid attention to how they name Paper Mario?

Here's Paper Luigi description:

Paper Luigi is Paper Mario's younger brother. He shows up from time to time during Paper Mario's quest for the Royal Stickers, but he doesn't stick around for long. Such a modest guy... I wonder what he's getting up to now!

I want you to look what I underlined...

Did they just mentioned Paper Mario instead of just Mario?

That might look normal, but it actually is telling something else. See, it shows that Paper Mario would be his own character and so, they don't consider him just being the exact same Mario, in paper. This was never present in brawl and in fact, it sounded more like he was the same mario, but let's just say it was never clear. Here, it is clear twice in the same description.

But wait, that's not all. Here;s his description:
The paper-thin Mario from the Paper Mario series recently quested for the wish-granting Royal Stickers. These magic stickers are for more than just collecting, though. Mario can use them to change his paper world, and nothing helps him in battle more than a sticker!

Now, it might sound to contradict what I said, but it does the opposite.

I said he wouldn't JUST be mario in paper form. Being JUST that implies he's perceived as not even different in identity. Here, let me restate the description with some underlining:
The paper-thin Mario from the Paper Mario series recently quested for the wish-granting Royal Stickers. These magic stickers are for more than just collecting, though. Mario can use them to change his paper world, and nothing helps him in battle more than a sticker!

They did mentioned Mario, but here;s the thing: they already made the context for Paper Mario and not mario. They said the Paper Mario SERIES. That is really revelating and corelating to Paper Luigi description being that mario is NOT THE SAME EXACTLY as Paper Mario. They are viewed like 2 separate identity even tough he;s viewed like A mario, he's just viewed like he had his own series that the normal mario would not have. As for the series symbol, it's confusing: he's not the same as maio, but he's viewed to be apart on his own while still being in the mario spectrum which would explain the stage being a mario rep. The second is just pushing it even further: not only he has his own identity, his own series, but also his own world.

I think it's more than enough to say that he;s not THE mario but A mario. It;s completely different and it means that by putting mario and Paper Mario apart, it shows that they acknowledged the series on its own. They linked the series from the mario spectrum instead of annexing it to the standard series.

Those descriptions crushes the brawl rep and now, the another mario argument is no longer relevant because it's now viewed as a different mario and not the same character. It;s more of he was based on Mario, but isn't mario himself.

Wow, this was confusing to explain, but you should get that I'm happy he's perceived like this now. This might just be an indication Sakurai considered him (imo, it's likely with the stage honestly, animal crossing got a series and no character in brawl...just that was suspicious in my eyes and it was because villager was considered).

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So, I think because of sticker star craziness, I completely forgot the point I was making earlier: Paper Mario is recognized as not the same mario.

Remember that the series rep got talked for his case a lot and now, we hae the answer. First, it obviously got more rep, that is a big improvment on brawl with the stage and the music (Rogueport yay!). That alone sows that the series is quite important enough to get there. I still want to remind that there's a lot of characters fans that would give a lot to get a stage and even more for a stage repping 3 games out of all 4 (PM64 got repped with the whale as random hazards). So, that may actually be a good sign for the series future.

Where it gets really interesting is the trophy description. In brawl, it was basically like the copy paste of SPM...but for just the playable characters. Every other trophies was mostly just referencing the game and most was SPM, the latest game as brawl came out. Here we do see only sticker star (and for some reasons, a SPM mention on a non Paper Mario trophy), but did anyone paid attention to how they name Paper Mario?

Here's Paper Luigi description:

Paper Luigi is Paper Mario's younger brother. He shows up from time to time during Paper Mario's quest for the Royal Stickers, but he doesn't stick around for long. Such a modest guy... I wonder what he's getting up to now!

I want you to look what I underlined...

Did they just mentioned Paper Mario instead of just Mario?

That might look normal, but it actually is telling something else. See, it shows that Paper Mario would be his own character and so, they don't consider him just being the exact same Mario, in paper. This was never present in brawl and in fact, it sounded more like he was the same mario, but let's just say it was never clear. Here, it is clear twice in the same description.

But wait, that's not all. Here;s his description:

Now, it might sound to contradict what I said, but it does the opposite.

I said he wouldn't JUST be mario in paper form. Being JUST that implies he's perceived as not even different in identity. Here, let me restate the description with some underlining:

They did mentioned Mario, but here;s the thing: they already made the context for Paper Mario and not mario. They said the Paper Mario SERIES. That is really revelating and corelating to Paper Luigi description being that mario is NOT THE SAME EXACTLY as Paper Mario. They are viewed like 2 separate identity even tough he;s viewed like A mario, he's just viewed like he had his own series that the normal mario would not have. As for the series symbol, it's confusing: he's not the same as maio, but he's viewed to be apart on his own while still being in the mario spectrum which would explain the stage being a mario rep. The second is just pushing it even further: not only he has his own identity, his own series, but also his own world.

I think it's more than enough to say that he;s not THE mario but A mario. It;s completely different and it means that by putting mario and Paper Mario apart, it shows that they acknowledged the series on its own. They linked the series from the mario spectrum instead of annexing it to the standard series.

Those descriptions crudhes the brawl rep and now, the another mario argument is no longer relevant because it's now viewed as a different mario and not the same character. It;s more of he was based on Mario, but isn't mario himself.

Wow, this was confusing to explain, but you should get that I'm happy he's perceived like this now. This might just be an indication Sakurai considered him (imo, it's likely with the stage honestly, animal crossing got a series and no character in brawl...just that was suspicious in my eyes and it was because villager was considered).
Holy wall of text, Batman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom