• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I am so hyped for Hyrule Warriors. Can't wait to try out the characters, especially Midna and her fabulous killer hair.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Im currently having much fun with Hyrule Warriors. I was pretty sure I'l like the game, but its still much more fun then I expected it to be. Also dat soundtrack, iz gud. Rly gud.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. I wonder if Ridley was given that mentioned 'low priority.' I sure ****ing hope not! I wan't another Metroid so bad!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Makes sense since Dr. Mario appeared to be a costume plan similar to Lucina so his model was already designed to snapped on the exist Smash 4 model of Mario and when the conversion was done it didn't require anywhere near the kind of work that Mewtwo would have required as there is no direct clone

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Been awhile since I've posted in here. How's everything?
Its the best of times, it's the worst of times.

I just got back from my art appreciation class and finally managed to get better at drawing. But on the other hand, I can't play as Fox, Sonic, Yoshi, or ANY FIRE EMBLEM character in the demo, which sux, but I understand why it's fair.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's the first time I get mentioned twice without tags :)

I don't know, I just like the tag alerts (unless it's spam of course).

Speaking of alerts, this is actually my skype ringtone:

Warning: compressed audio listening can cause questioning, frustration and hating the art of VGM. Please, beware that this is not showing a close version of the original quality and should burn in fire, but the original is a fantastic experience on headphones. Just keep in mind that compressed audio is garbage. FLAC or ALAC encoded AAC from iTunes is great tough because it's lossless.

I like this ringtone :)

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Its the best of times, it's the worst of times.

I just got back from my art appreciation class and finally managed to get better at drawing. But on the other hand, I can't play as Fox, Sonic, Yoshi, or ANY FIRE EMBLEM character in the demo, which sux, but I understand why it's fair.
10 long days.. we're almost there, old friend.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Hyrule Warriors did well in the UK charts near Destiny of all things. This makes me wonder how it will do in the US by time we get the data next week.
From Joystiq said:
Top 10 UK Software Sales (All Formats); week ending September 20:
  1. Destiny
  2. Disney Infinity 2.0
  3. Hyrule Warriors
  4. Watch Dogs
  5. The Sims 4
  6. Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition
  7. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  8. Minecraft PS3 Edition
  9. The Last of Us: Remastered
  10. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
It's great Hyrule Warriors did well, but something tells me it's a short lived victory.

Just look at the other entries. There are people that are still buying Ghosts and Minecraft? And Watch Dogs? >.>

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
So here's what we know about popular users and their favorite characters

Arcadenik- Duck Hunt Dog
Aldelaro5- Paper Mario
Sehnsucht- Luigi
SmashRiver64- Dr Mario, R.O.B., Lemmy
skaaaa- Lucina, Ike, Palutena, Rosalina
R.O.B.- Roy Koopa, Takamaru, Selvaria Bles
MorbidAltruism- Dark Pit
Admiral Pit- Pit, Palutena
MSmariosonic- Snake, Mario, Sonic, Jigglypuff
CliffJumper- Lucina, Sonic, Krystal, Lucario, Rouge, Paper Mario
MisterViderGaming- Substitute
Backgammon- Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Zelda, Robin
Tewn Leenk- Toon Link
Diddy Kong- Impa
GoldenYuitusin- Shadow the Hedgehog, Entei, Derp Genie, Godzilla
Frostwraith- Ganondorf, Dark Pit
Kenith the Gatherer- Ghirahim, Lucina, Jigglypuff
Kermit the Ninja- Homura, Wario, Shulk, Greninja
CrusherMania1592- Fox, Lucina, Lucario, Bowser Jr, Marth
Scatmansworld25- Vaati, Lucina, Shrek
Rocket Raccoon- Lucario, Rocket, Shulk
legendofrob1- Proffesor Layton, Phoenix Wright
thekewlusername- MegaMan, MegaMan X

Am I missing anyone?
Hahaha this reminds me of the times when i used to matter to this thread.

Those were the days. ^__^

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
So today is Nintendo's 125th anniversary.

Pretty crazy I must say.
Technically it's not till tomorrow our time.

n.PNG

But yeah, it is pretty crazy. It blows my mind how old this company is and that they're still kicking *** to this day.
Here's to another 125 for the Big N!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This sadly explains the real reason why Melee cuts like Roy and Mewtwo couldn't return.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-says-bringing-characters-back-from-melee-is-hard
I understand the rest of the Melee cuts not making it back, but not Mewtwo. Honestly, he's basically saying here that making Mewtwo's data from scratch, or whatever character template they use, is not worth it, the only way he wanted to bring him back was with very minimal work effort. That's a very weak reason imo, especially when the guys making Project M was able to make him with a much smaller team with much less experience and much worse tools at their exposal.

I'm not even a Mewtwo fan, I hate him in Smash, but I don't feel like this justifies his exclusion at all.

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
I understand the rest of the Melee cuts not making it back, but not Mewtwo. Honestly, he's basically saying here that making Mewtwo's data from scratch, or whatever character template they use, is not worth it, the only way he wanted to bring him back was with very minimal work effort. That's a very weak reason imo, especially when the guys making Project M was able to make him with a much smaller team with much less experience and much worse tools at their exposal.

I'm not even a Mewtwo fan, I hate him in Smash, but I don't feel like this justifies his exclusion at all.
Not really, I think you're reading too deep into it.
He's just saying that putting Mewtwo in the game would involve recreating him from scratch as you can't just copypaste him from Melee to 4. Afterwards, time constraints and other intricacies too complex for our feeble minds during development were probably what really stopped Mewtwo from being in the game.

(Not that it matters anyway since they're going to put him as DLC one day or another.)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
He's just saying that putting Mewtwo in the game would involve recreating him from scratch as you can't just copypaste him from Melee to 4. Afterwards, time constraints and other intricacies too complex for our feeble minds during development were probably what really stopped Mewtwo from being in the game.

(Not that it matters anyway since they're going to put him as DLC one day or another.)
The most requested character the world over?

Yeah, if character DLC happens (which it probably will), Mewtwo is pretty much guaranteed.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Didn't Sakurai say that all the characters in Smash 4 were built from the ground up this time, though? I could've sworn this was said.

So why would it matter for Melee characters, if this were the case?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Didn't Sakurai say that all the characters in Smash 4 were built from the ground up this time, though? I could've sworn this was said.

He has said that on multiple occassions, yes.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman

I'm not sure whether or not it's entirely true, to be honest. Obviously, they're not going to just copypaste a Brawl character in 4 then call it a day, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took some assets to relatively speed up the process, then add some additional touches to them. Said process is probably way more difficult if you do the same with Mewtwo, who comes from a much older game and would need a lot more work.
That, and there are probably a lot of details being kept secret in the process, so it's kind of iffy to say that quote was the only reason Mewtwo was cut. There are probably a lot more of reasons Mewtwo isn't in the base game.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So here's what we know about popular users and their favorite characters

Arcadenik- Duck Hunt Dog
Aldelaro5- Paper Mario
Sehnsucht- Luigi
SmashRiver64- Dr Mario, R.O.B., Lemmy