• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
But even then, that still doesn't mean they're fake necessarily. It just means they use the renders of their trophies.
I'm not saying it's not possible, but if they do appear as DLC, I highly doubt their renders would be those of trophies already in the game that can be obtained by normal means.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm starting to worry that SSB4 will be a waste of money again. Someone slap me out of it.
Character roster wise, there's always the possibility of DLC, so I'm kinda waiting on that, or at least until the Wii U version comes out to make my judgment.

It's understandable on the money thing -- I try to save money as much as possible when it comes to gaming. And honestly, gaming can get expensive, especially if you want to become a serious player and actively go to tourneys. In fact, I need to purchase new GC controllers because the ones I have are too worn down or broken (can't wait until the Wii U adapters woo!). And now we have those Amiibo figures coming it's like there goes more money. I'm probably only going to buy a few though

One of the reasons I'm getting both versions is because I'm a huge Smash Bros. nerd and I want to collect all the games (and of course play both versions. I'm genuinely interested in them, and competitive Smash). No other series does this to me, so I'm okay with spending more money.

Anyway, I could give you reasons why I think the game won't be a waste of money, but I think the only person who will exactly know if it won't or will be a waste of money would be yourself. If you're don't like how things are shaping up, I'd suggest at least trying the game out (sometimes we say things, but could change our minds if we actually experience them). Have you tried the demo? If you know a person who's going to get the full version (3DS/Wii U, whatever game you're looking at), perhaps also ask the person try it out.

If all else fails, no one's forcing you to like and buy the game. Perhaps there's other fighting games out there for you. Save the money and spend it on manga and anime!!... I'm joking, I'm joking. :laugh: I love Project M, so I have something I'll fall back on if things don't turn out too well. For now, I'm liking them. So, I don't have any major problems with the game yet.

Btw, one reason the game won't be a waste of money for me:

:troll:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lucas's English trophy description:

"Before adventuring, Lucas was a timid, cautious boy. His journey has made him a stronger person. Maybe he met someone to spend his life with... Hang on—we're moving way too fast! For now, remember that Lucas and Ness are favorites in the hearts of EarthBound fans."

Ouch... way to twist the knife...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Whereas Mario often squares off against Bowser, Donkey Kong must fight against King K. Rool. He's a big croc with a big attitude...and a tiny crown. He probably could have been Donkey Kong's most trustworthy animal friend. Think he'll ever have a change of heart? Not likely.
...Tiny crown.

R.I.P. Rare K. Rool. Damn Paon design...

kylexv

Smash Master

"Before adventuring, Lucas was a timid, cautious boy. His journey has made him a stronger person. Maybe he met someone to spend his life with... Hang on—we're moving way too fast! For now, remember that Lucas and Ness are favorites in the hearts of EarthBound fans."

Good way to rub salt in the wound.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Remember earlier today when I talked about those wasps
One of them found it's way into my house
it's dead now
So startled

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Well, I cannot say I am a fan of EarthBound despite playing it... maybe I haven't played it on the Wii U long enough? Either way, Ness and Lucas are some of my favorite characters in Brawl.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

If you think that's bad, Pokemon Trainer's trophy directly mentions the fact that he was playable in Brawl and runs with it.

"Hey guys, remember how awesome it was to play as Pokemon Trainer? Well you can't anymore!"

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
But don't they already have trophies? Why not use those?
Maybe because, again, they're normal trophies that can get by normal means and aren't obtained by clearing Classic and so if DLC ever comes out many people would already have them? Besides it's not like all the playable characters have only one trophy.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If you think that's bad, Pokemon Trainer's trophy directly mentions the fact that he was playable in Brawl and runs with it.

"Hey guys, remember how awesome it was to play as Pokemon Trainer? Well you can't anymore!"
That... hurts.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm honestly and pleasantly surprised that Mewtwo's trophy stuck to his own games instead of laughing at his fans.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Mewtwo's Trophy Bio said:
Created from modified Mew DNA, Mewtwo was designed to be the ultimate Pokémon. It didn't take on any of Mew's kinder traits and only uses its intelligence to destroy its enemies. Or...so it seems. Perhaps it just feels frightened or even tormented, and that's why it lashes out. Whatever the reason, Mewtwo is not to be messed with.
Or...so it seems. Perhaps it just feels frightened or even tormented, and that's why it lashes out.
...That is deep.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Maybe because, again, they're normal trophies that can get by normal means and aren't obtained by clearing Classic and so if DLC ever comes out many people would already have them? Besides it's not like all the playable characters have only one trophy.
Well, for one. They technically aren't in the game, so then how could you collect them through characters that aren't there?

And, you're right, they do get more than one trophy. They could easily get a new trophy. So it's possible to get a trophy by clearing Classic mode with them, just not the ones their renders use.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Well, for one. They technically aren't in the game, so then how could you collect them through characters that aren't there?

And, you're right, they do get more than one trophy. They could easily get a new trophy. So it's possible to get a trophy by clearing Classic mode with them, just not the ones their renders use.
Which pretty much proves my point, they are not in the game yet the trophies are available, so if they do get DLC it would be different ones from those.

Yep, you're right, it's not like both Brawl and Sm4sh character renders poses are all the same as their actual trophies from Classic Mode. Wait...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
'Whereas Mario often squares off against Bowser, Donkey Kong must fight against King K. Rool. He's a big croc with a big attitude...and a tiny crown. He probably could have been Donkey Kong's most trustworthy animal friend. Think he'll ever have a change of heart? Not likely. Will he ever receive another chance to get his revenge? Likely.'

I'm a evil little piece of ****. :troll:

D

Deleted member

"In Xenoblade Chronicles, this young lad's colony is attacked by the Mechon, so he and his friends set off to take them down. In Smash Bros., his Monado Arts let him change his specialization during battle. You can choose to boost a stat—his jump or attack, for example—but other stats might drop as a result, so choose wisely."

Thank you Based Sakurai for not spoiling anything like you did with Lucas's trophy in Brawl. <3

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
For a complete non sequitur, I have come to the conclusion that I hate almost every single child on commercials. Why are they always so ugly and obnoxious?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Which pretty much proves my point, they are not in the game yet the trophies are available, so if they do get DLC it would be different ones from those.
But why? If you already have trophies of the characters, why not just use those? They're there. Wouldn't it just be easier to use the renders from the already existing trophies? It just sounds like more work in the long run.

Yep, you're right, it's not like both Brawl and Sm4sh character renders poses are all the same as their actual trophies from Classic Mode. Wait...
And it's not like they haven't been different. Melee had different renders and trophies. So it's still a possibility.

D

Deleted member

So Mewtwo's trophy doesn't reference his Smash Bros. appearance in Melee? Just like Brawl, I suppose.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wonder why Rayman's trophy isn't in the 3DS version... Perhaps there's merit to the idea of more characters on the Wii U. :troll:

Seriously though, I really want to know what his trophy description will say.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I mentioned this in another thread but I find it interesting that of all the cut characters, the Ice Climbers are right at the end of the playable characters and just before the Pikmin and ALTs. It makes me think that they were cut very late in development.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mentioned this in another thread but I find it interesting that of all the cut characters, the Ice Climbers are right at the end of the playable characters and just before the Pikmin and ALTs. It makes me think that they were cut very late in development.
Well, hopefully they might have a chance on the Wii U (or New 3DS).

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
The hero of the Mega Man X series is a Reploid—a type of robot with the same thought capacity as a human. Built for combat, his powerful X-Buster is capable of Charge Shots. He also upgrades himself with parts he finds. In Smash Bros., he appears as part of Mega Man's Final Smash.
The 14-year-old star of the Mega Man Legends series was found as a baby by Barrell Caskett, a Digger (someone who explores ancient ruins), who then took him in and raised him. He uses a wide array of weapons to fight his foes, the Reaverbots. In Smash Bros., he appears in Mega Man's Final Smash.
One of the main characters of the Mega Man Battle Network series. He's a NetNavi—a program with a unique personality stored in his real-world operator Lan Hikari's PET (Personal Terminal). He busts viruses in the virtual world and helps Lan deal with day-to-day issues. He's in Mega Man's Final Smash.
In the Mega Man Star Force series, young Geo Stelar and his alien partner merge to become the powerful fighter Mega Man. They've saved the planet on many occasions, but very few people know this Mega Man's true identity. He appears as part of Mega Man's Final Smash.
I'm not sure... but I think these guys might be in Mega Man's Final Smash. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom