• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
But why? If you already have trophies of the characters, why not just use those? They're there. Wouldn't it just be easier to use the renders from the already existing trophies? It just sounds like more work in the long run.

And it's not like they haven't been different. Melee had different renders and trophies. So it's still a possibility.
... I hate to repeat this: Trophies that can be obtained by normal means; it's more than sure many people will have them already; why playable characters renders should be that of common trophies?

Melee, not Sm4sh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mentioned this in another thread but I find it interesting that of all the cut characters, the Ice Climbers are right at the end of the playable characters and just before the Pikmin and ALTs. It makes me think that they were cut very late in development.
You're probably right. Ice Climbers were probably cut because there wasn't enough time to find a workaround for the 3DS issue. The only reason why they didn't look for a solution sooner was due to Sakurai giving them low priority.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The amount of awful Super Smash Bros. fanfics is staggering.

I'm still groaning over a "comedy" fic I just read where the entire "joke" was Dr. Mario's Megavitamins being lethal to his patients.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Watching your starter Pokémon evolve is an unforgettable experience. For many trainers, that first happened when Bulbasaur became Ivysaur. It might be difficult to say good-bye to cute little Bulbasaur, but before they know it, they'll be saying bye to Ivysaur, too, as it turns into a fully grown Venusaur!
This is too perfect to be a coincidence. There is no way they didn't do this on purpose. :laugh:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Apparently Tharja's trophy from the 3ds version of smash was removed? :urg:

Maybe it's cause she's an assist trophy that only appears on the wii u! :idea:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Apparently Tharja's trophy from the 3ds version of smash was removed? :urg:

Maybe it's cause she's an assist trophy that only appears on the wii u! :idea:
Yup, she is. I think ESRB used their banhammer.
And I don't think she is Wii U exclusive. I think the Wii U will have mainly PoR/RD trophies.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

I'm still groaning over a "comedy" fic I just read where the entire "joke" was Dr. Mario's Megavitamins being lethal to his patients.
Ugh, tell me about it. To me the main problem is, most of those are written by either fangirls or fanboys desperate to pair characters (mostly in either yaoi or yuri) that don't play the original games the characters come from, leading to horrible and OOC characterizations. Marth and Samus are hit really hard by this.

Also I personally loathe the Smash Mansion concept; it's overused to no end and most of the fics that use it are very generic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's a rumor that Master Core is the pink sphere in Melee and Brawl's battlefield.
After comparing,it seems legit.
I can't wait to fight a stage :troll:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
But Tharja isn't any more sexualized than the actions of some of the actual fighters...
Maybe it had something to do with the Awakening DLC? You know, the one that NoA censored that good so they made it look like Tharja was getting ready for some steamy action.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Fine then, if I'm wrong, why should they get new ones?

Because clearly they can't do it again, clearly.
Sakurai maybe is many things, but he's not lazy. He has shown dedication to make this game, even working with a injured arm, you can clearly see in the Smash Direct how he is struggling to make the Iwata salute. He has been working on every character, stage, items and other elements, making sure to give them unique characteristics, even with clones he added characteristics of their own. That makes me doubt he would just simply copy and paste poses of already existing trophies that are obtained simply.

Yep, we all know Melee character renders had those of common trophies alongside of those got in Classic anyways.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher

Here's one I wrote:
>I was only 9 years old
> I loved F-Zero so much
>I had all the merchandise and games
>I punch myself in the crotch everyday for Captain Falcon
>My dad hears me and calls me a dumb ****
>I knew he was just jealous for my devotion for Captain Falcon
>I called him a douche
>He slaps me an sends me to bed
>I'm crying now and my face hurts
>It's really cold, and I feel a warmth moving towards me
>it's Captain Falcon
>I'm so happy
>He whispers in my ear
>SHOW ME YOUR MOVES
>He grabs me with his powerful muscular hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>Captain Falcon then fires up his famous Falcon Punch and screams
>FALCON......PAWNCH
>He punches my butt and sends me hurdling towards the sun
>My dad walks in
>Captain Falcon looks him straight in the eye and says
>BLUEEEEEE FALCOOOOOOOON
>Captain Falcon leaves through my window
>Captain Falcon is Love, Captain Falcon is Life

Original fanfic DO NOT STEAL

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Here's one I wrote:
>I was only 9 years old
> I loved F-Zero so much
>I had all the merchandise and games
>I punch myself in the crotch everyday for Captain Falcon
>My dad hears me and calls me a dumb ****
>I knew he was just jealous for my devotion for Captain Falcon
>I called him a douche
>He slaps me an sends me to bed
>I'm crying now and my face hurts
>It's really cold, and I feel a warmth moving towards me
>it's Captain Falcon
>I'm so happy
>He whispers in my ear
>SHOW ME YOUR MOVES
>He grabs me with his powerful muscular hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>Captain Falcon then fires up his famous Falcon Punch and screams
>FALCON......PAWNCH
>He punches my butt and sends me hurdling towards the sun
>My dad walks in
>Captain Falcon looks him straight in the eye and says
>BLUEEEEEE FALCOOOOOOOON
>Captain Falcon leaves through my window
>Captain Falcon is Love, Captain Falcon is Life

Original fanfic DO NOT STEAL
I've read this one so many times and every time with someone else.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Hey, who here thinks Sakurai should direct the next Metroid game so he can have bias for that now?
No he should do Advance Wars ( with the classic Wars World cast ( Andy, Sami, Max, Olaf, Sturm)) Then maybe we could get some advance wars reps and music. Just listen to the soundtrack to dual strike, its amazing, especially the tag power theme.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Some of these trophy descriptions are kinda brutal...

This strange capsule contains a guest character who will aid you in your battle. Who will emerge? Grab it to find out! Maybe it'll be a famous character from a popular game, or perhaps a goofy sidekick here to prove his or her worth. Too bad you can't choose who shows up or control them...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No he should do Advance Wars ( with the classic Wars World cast ( Andy, Sami, Max, Olaf, Sturm)) Then maybe we could get some advance wars reps and music. Just listen to the soundtrack to dual strike, its amazing, especially the tag power theme.
I would love an Advance Wars 'revival'. As long as he keeps it TBS.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Ugh, tell me about it. To me the main problem is, most of those are written by either fangirls or fanboys desperate to pair characters (mostly in either yaoi or yuri) that don't play the original games the characters come from, leading to horrible and OOC characterizations. Marth and Samus are hit really hard by this.

Also I personally loathe the Smash Mansion concept; it's overused to no end and most of the fics that use it are very generic.
Ah, Yes, the mansion. My biggest pet peeve with SSB fics, but one that's so omnipresent that I have to tolerate it.

I've read this one so many times and every time with someone else.
The joke
---------->

Your head

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I have a question that has been itching on my brain for a while. How do importing Miis work? Like do you have to go to a different screen or is it random? How many do you get? How do you customize them? I'm really confused.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sakurai maybe is many things, but he's not lazy. He has shown dedication to make this game, even working with a injured arm, you can clearly see in the Smash Direct how he is struggling to make the Iwata salute. He has been working on every character, stage, items and other elements, making sure to give them unique characteristics, even with clones he added characteristics of their own. That makes me doubt he would just simply copy and paste poses of already existing trophies that are obtained simply.
All right, but then why do the common trophies exist?

Yep, we all know Melee character renders had those of common trophies alongside of those got in Classic anyways.
And yet last time I checked none of the characters were DLC.

Morbi

Scavenger

Dedication is certainly one word for it. :4jigglypuff:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I have a question that has been itching on my brain for a while. How do importing Miis work? Like do you have to go to a different screen or is it random? How many do you get? How do you customize them? I'm really confused.
I don't know for sure, but I think they show up on the roster after creating one in one of the customization menus.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I'm pretty sure you get Miis from other people similar to StreetPass. Not sure about the limit though

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know for sure, but I think they show up on the roster after creating one in one of the customization menus.
I hope so. I made one that I was specifically planning on using in Smash 4.
HNI_0026.JPG
And it would be nice to use him conveniently.

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Am I the only one who noticed this?
E3 2013: Character that can be boy or girl :4villager::4villagerf:, Third party male :4megaman:, Leaked female :4wiifit:
E3 2014: Character that can be boy or girl :4mii::4mii:, Third party male :4pacman:, Leaked female :4palutena:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom