• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I really want to be excited about this game, but I'm finding it hard to.
Then I have a great idea. If you have friends that own Smash 4 or a store has a demo of it, try it and see for yourself. If you like it, then get it. If not, then ignore it

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Oh, OK.

what, it worked for me
I only just started Xenoblade.

I was lucky that my brother got it day one of its extremely limited run.

So nothing else gets you excited?, i mean the concept of seeing your favorite characters duking it out, awesome stages paying homage to the series, great soundtrack, quirky and ridiculous visuals and just... well FUN.
Whatever floats your boat, but do keep in mind that in the end there's no point in moaning about it, videogames are supposed to be just fun next to whatever else we do with our lives, if you don't think this will entretain you then don't buy it, but at least analyse the reasons you like the previous Smash games, wich i assume you do seeing that you're a member on this boards in the first place, and see if you can find that in the new Smash.
I have a confession to make – I'm mainly into the series for stress relief. If the game turns out to be campy, that's hardly stress-relieving.

D

Deleted member

How can people not be excited about this being in the game:
I'm more excited about the possibility of Engage the Enemy being in the game.

And this being in Smash Run:

You Will Know Our Names is pretty hype though, especially hearing it during Shulk's trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
In Twilight Princess, Link is as tall as Ganondorf's crotch. Think about that for a second.
Funny enough, Midna looks to be tall (or long) enough to be Ganondorf's dong.

Can't be a threatening villain without that threat.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Then I have a great idea. If you have friends that own Smash 4 or a store has a demo of it, try it and see for yourself. If you like it, then get it. If not, then ignore it[/quote
Good job with the quote[/Cave Story character]
I do my best! :awesome:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm more excited about the possibility of Engage the Enemy being in the game.

And this being in Smash Run:

You Will Know Our Names is pretty hype though, especially hearing it during Shulk's trailer.
I love you will know our names too much.

I'm in Satoral marsh currently. Doing a couple of quests before moving onward.
In the LP I was watching before I got the game for my birthday, I was up to:
The part where Shulk gets the monado 2

I don't know what happens after that, so I'm avoiding things like mechanical rhythm into I beat the game.

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
So I just noticed something.
Mega Man's Metal Blade not only travels faster when you pick it up and throw it, but it also does more damage than if Megaman directly uses it.

No seriously, was the guy who worked on him that frustrated that he couldn't beat Air Man? His B Set seems to work directly against him, for christ's sake!

Tepip

Smash Rookie
I predict inklings from splatoon and a Simon Belmont for the heroes.

Glass joe, Medusa or Hades,Eggman or dr. Wily, N as a pokemon trainer, Ridley, King k roll, new legend of Zelda villain, and admins from miiverse for bad guys.

Retro is Mike from star tropics.

Have of these are probably wrong most likely.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I have a confession to make – I'm mainly into the series for stress relief. If the game turns out to be campy, that's hardly stress-relieving.
The problem is that stress relieving is pretty subjective, some people enjoy getting down the game mechanics and worj with whatever works best, even if that involves camping or playing defensively, this even happened in Melee with characters like peach who were more defensive. In the end it comes down to you, if the ONLY reason you play these games is for stress relieving, and you can only get that with competitive fast paced 1 vs 1 gameplay, then i guess there's no reason you should buy this game, and i would recommend other fighters instead.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Mega Man's Metal Blade not only travels faster when you pick it up and throw it, but it also does more damage than if Megaman directly uses it.

No seriously, was the guy who worked on him that frustrated that he couldn't beat Air Man? His B Set seems to work directly against him, for christ's sake!
Am I the only one who found Quick Man more annoying than Air Man?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I mean, the metal blades are super effective against metal man himself, so...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Pic of the day. Link and Isabelle are chatting while waiting for the race to start.
Link: Isabelle, what is this?
Isabelle: It's a Koopa shell. They're items in smash, where have you been?
(Both laugh)
image.jpg

:troll:

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The problem is that stress relieving is pretty subjective, some people enjoy getting down the game mechanics and worj with whatever works best, even if that involves camping or playing defensively, this even happened in Melee with characters like peach who were more defensive. In the end it comes down to you, if the ONLY reason you play these games is for stress relieving, and you can only get that with competitive fast paced 1 vs 1 gameplay, then i guess there's no reason you should buy this game, and i would recommend other fighters instead.
At the same time, though, I feel like either a traitor or a stereotype if I don't buy it... I can name a couple of users on here and people I know in real life that would gladly torture anyone "stuck in the past".

I basically have to play SSB4 against my will.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Oh wait, maybe they aren't translated and I've been played like a darn fiddle:

'Pop quiz! What do Misty, Brock, Cynthia, Iris, and Ash all have in common? That's right—they're all Pokémon Trainers! This Pokémon Master in the making is the same. Back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, he fought to be the very best—like no one ever was. To smash them was his real test—to launch them was his cause!'

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Here's Wolf's,
"Wolf used to fight in Andross's army, tangling with Star Fox in battle after battle. After Andross's exile, he went his own way and formed a mercenary team called Star Wolf. He and his eternal rival, Fox, have even fought on the same side from time to time...but inevitably, they always meet again as enemies."

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

'Pop quiz! What do Misty, Brock, Cynthia, Iris, and Ash all have in common? That's right—they're all Pokémon Trainers! This Pokémon Master in the making is the same. Back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, he fought to be the very best—like no one ever was. To smash them was his real test—to launch them was his cause!'
Actually, I think I remember something about Ash being mentioned in one of the trophies way back. Might be misremembering though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

*reads it over*
1) I thought his name was Red
2) what even

Weeman

Smash Crusader
At the same time, though, I feel like either a traitor or a stereotype if I don't buy it... I can name a couple of users on here and people I know in real life that would gladly torture anyone "stuck in the past".

I basically have to play SSB4 against my will.
For the record, this game is far from campy, it can actually reward both offensive and defensive play.
But again, this is based fully on your enjoyment, if you don't think there's a reason for you to enjoy the game, then i guess it's just not worth buying,if it just doesn´t meet you standards then i don't see why you should feel obligated to buy a game based on other people's standards. I could give you tons of reasons of why i will buy this game or why i love this franchise, but if it's not your thing then it's not your thing.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

I think the Krystal description is the same as in the leak, if it is a fake then this guy is both amazing for creating all those fake descriptions and a massive troll, but I think these are legit.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
*reads it over*
1) I thought his name was Red
2) what even
Another odd one:

'This pair of adventurers starred in an action game released in 1985. Popo wears blue, and Nana wears red. The goal of their adventure was to reach the top of the mountain, collecting vegetables and defeating animals along the way. Grabbing the condor earned them a nice bonus too!'

Yeah, sorry guys, but I think I've been rused and therefore rused you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom