• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I've been wondering this for quite awhile, what if Smash Bros. had a rival system like other fighting games do? You know, like before going against MH you get some kind of cutscene of the character you're using against an specific character.

I can imagine some rivalries, for example:
Mario vs Sonic (obvious one)
Link vs Marth (young men that carry sacred swords and are regarded as heroes even centuries later)
Palutena vs Ganondorf (pretty much a light vs darkness theme)
Lucina vs Meta Knight (mysterious masked swordsmen who also carry a sacred sword)
Mr. Game & Watch vs Pac-Man (older characters in the cast who attack by summoning items from retro games)
Villager vs Robin (both customizable avatars in their respective series who can stablish relations with other people)
Sheik vs Greninja (since ninjas are awesome except Naruto)
King Dedede vs Wario (both greed, fat b**tards)

What do you guys think?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't see why would it be. The game (both versions) will be good, so.
Well, to keep it blunt, I'm still not over the underwhelming roster, and now it looks like the engine's another disaster, too.

The face that we're even considering a two stock ruleset is a massive red flag.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
woah Theatrhythm final fantasy: curtain call is out.

I know what i'm gonna play to kill time till smash...

D

Deleted member

So who else is going to do a team battle of Shulk and Lucina vs. Ganondorf and Charizard on Yoshi's Island once they unlock Lucina and Ganondorf? :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Well, to keep it blunt, I'm still not over the underwhelming roster, and now it looks like the engine's another disaster, too.

We'll get used to the engine. I take it you're saying it will be a waste of money because of the characters surviving longer than usual, and that's fine. We all have opinions.
I know, the 2 stock ruleset is weird, but I think it's like that to get new players into the competitive stuff, be it online or no online.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I don't see how the roster is underwhelming, we got a 49 roster of almost unique characters, with only a few clones, that is quite a feat for any fighting game. Sure we could complain about who didn't make it in for the 50 millionth time, but i think we should instead concentrate on the ones we did got.
And i think the engine is fine, i mean yes it's not perfect but it works well.
Besides was the only reason you were going to buy this game the 1 vs 1 matches?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Random shift of topic!

Predict Smash 5 to the best of your ability. Then, we have something to look back upon years later to see how ignorant we were.

3!
2!
1!
GO!

View attachment 25782
>Cut Shulk with no X character thus eliminating the Xenoblade universe entirely.
>Cut Shulk

Ooh I can't wait until 10 years from now so I can prove you wrong!

I mean, it's not like there's any valid reason to cut Shulk unless his Monado Arts can't be programmed on future consoles, which makes no sense at all.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Random shift of topic!

Predict Smash 5 to the best of your ability. Then, we have something to look back upon years later to see how ignorant we were.

3!
2!
1!
GO!

View attachment 25782
It's become apparent to me that Sakurai doesn't just cut characters because they're outdated.
He has only cut clones, with the one exception of Mewtwo, Ice Climbers (technical reasons), and Snake (has nothing to do with Nintendo).
I highly believe that Greninja is coming back for Smash 5.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well then while you're still wallowing. I'll be enjoying a video game.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

Isn't Palutena atleast twice the size of Pit in Uprising?
She looks very small compared to Pit.

kylexv

Smash Master
>Cut Shulk with no X character thus eliminating the Xenoblade universe entirely.
>Cut Shulk

Ooh I can't wait until 10 years from now so I can prove you wrong!

I mean, it's not like there's any valid reason to cut Shulk unless his Monado Arts can't be programmed on future consoles, which makes no sense at all.
Completely my mistake. Completely forgot him.

@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof The clones and Greninja could come back. I'm just thinking if they cut characters, it would probably be them first (Unless Greninja still proves popular in 5 years).

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's really sad how little people seem to actually enjoy games now. People always seem to be complaining about one thing or another.
In this day in age, we have the internet; an anonymous recluse where people can fester and argue/troll to their hearts content, and be 100% safe in real life. (Unless they're incompetent enough in leaving evidence of their identity and contact information. Or famous.)

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Also, the Pale Tuna's head is very tiny in comparison to non-salt Pit. Plus the fact that if you unbend his knees, he is her height.

D

Deleted member

The thing is, with me, I'll complain and forget about it later. I mention it a few times and laugh at it and go back to what I was doing.
That's what I'll do sometimes. Someone will activate a glitch or something and I'll be like "my god this game sucks, did they even beta test it?" completely non seriously.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't see how the roster is underwhelming, we got a 49 roster of almost unique characters, with only a few clones, that is quite a feat for any fighting game. Sure we could complain about who didn't make it in for the 50 millionth time, but i think we should instead concentrate on the ones we did got.
And i think the engine is fine, i mean yes it's not perfect but it works well.
Besides was the only reason you were going to buy this game the 1 vs 1 matches?
Yes.

Anything else, there's too much going on onscreen. That's the stance I took even when I was strictly casual.

And who we got was just... not exciting. Villager and Duck Hunt, that's all that got any reaction out of me at all. And Mii Fighters, but knowing this fandom, they'll be banned day one.

It's really sad how little people seem to actually enjoy games now. People always seem to be complaining about one thing or another.
Money, dear boy. We're more aware of our limited finances now and we want to be absolutely sure we've spent it wisely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Money, dear boy. We're more aware of our limited finances now and we want to be absolutely sure we've spent it wisely.
Complaining doesn't regenerate money.

oh my god someone got my gender right

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Also, the Pale Tuna's head is very tiny in comparison to non-salt Pit. Plus the fact that if you unbend his knees, he is her height.
If we talk Uprising, there's a chapter where Palutena and Pit are almost of the same height. In the original NES-game, they didn't differ much as well. I can't find a video with Palutena on the Game Boy one, but I think they are almost of the same height as well.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Complaining doesn't regenerate money.

oh my god someone got my gender right
Well, why should I spend $140 if I'll enjoy P:M more without spending a dime?

That wasn't a rhetorical question, by the way. I need reassurance that getting 4 is a good idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, why should I spend $140 if I'll enjoy P:M more without spending a dime?
Then don't and take your whining elsewhere. It's okay to enjoy something else, but I really hate seeing pointless negativity. If you're not going to buy it then don't. I just don't want to hear useless complaining. Why complain about something if you're not going to buy it?

oh great, it's exactly what the PM Team didn't want...

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
If we talk Uprising, there's a chapter where Palutena and Pit are almost of the same height. In the original NES-game, they didn't differ much as well. I can't find a video with Palutena on the Game Boy one, but I think they are almost of the same height as well.
Head size mah boi
the same logic can be applied to Ridley and Samus, and many other characters.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
And who we got was just... not exciting.
Yes, a ninja frog, a goddess of light with a trollish personality, a tactician of an army who was born to be the vessel of a demonic dragon, a blue robot who can use the abilities of others he has defeated, a yellow glutonous spherical being that summons many retro game elements, a guy with a technological like sword who grants him many abilities from more speed to see the future and a little turtle-dragon kid in a clown car that attacks with stuff like boxing gloves or cannons sounds not exciting at all.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Then don't and take your whining elsewhere. It's okay to enjoy something else, but I really hate seeing pointless negativity. If you're not going to buy it then don't. I just don't want to hear useless complaining. Why complain about something if you're not going to buy it?

oh great, it's exactly what the PM Team didn't want...
I edited my post right before you replied.

That wasn't a rhetorical question, by the way. I need reassurance that getting 4 is a good idea.
I really want to be excited about this game, but I'm finding it hard to.

Yes, a ninja frog, a goddess of light with a trollish personality, a tactician of an army who was born to be the vessel of a demonic dragon, a blue robot who can use the abilities of others he has defeated, a yellow glutonous spherical being that summons many retro game elements, a guy with a technological like sword who grants him many abilities from more to see the future and a little turtle-dragon kid in a clown car that attacks with stuff like boxing gloves or cannons sounds not exciting at all.
I'm sorry that I don't care about those characters, but I really don't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes, a ninja frog, a goddess of light with a trollish personality, a tactician of an army who was born to be the vessel of a demonic dragon, a blue robot who ca use the abilities of others he has defeated, a yellow glutonous spherical being that summons many retro game elements, a guy with a technological like sword who grants him many abilities from more to see the future and a little turtle-dragon kid in a clown car that attacks with stuff like boxing gloves or cannons
It's all subjective. I love the roster personally, but if he's unsatisfied, that's fine.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Yes.

Anything else, there's too much going on onscreen. That's the stance I took even when I was strictly casual.

And who we got was just... not exciting. Villager and Duck Hunt, that's all that got any reaction out of me at all. And Mii Fighters, but knowing this fandom, they'll be banned day one.

So nothing else gets you excited?, i mean the concept of seeing your favorite characters duking it out, awesome stages paying homage to the series, great soundtrack, quirky and ridiculous visuals and just... well FUN.
Whatever floats your boat, but do keep in mind that in the end there's no point in moaning about it, videogames are supposed to be just fun next to whatever else we do with our lives, if you don't think this will entretain you then don't buy it, but at least analyse the reasons you like the previous Smash games, wich i assume you do seeing that you're a member on this boards in the first place, and see if you can find that in the new Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom