• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How to win;
  1. Clear Classic Mode with everyone at 7.0 or Above until you unlock everyone except R.O.B.
  2. Play 75 VS Matches to unlock R.O.B.
or
  1. One Stock, Damage Ratio 2.0, 1 Minute, Bombs on Very High, go nuts for about 200 matches and you're set
Or just look it up online GameFAQs later. If you can be online here, you can be online there.

Seriously, since Melee, everyone can be unlock with enough VS matches. People should not act like they need the guide at all. At least not for characters.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
After you unlock every character, you must then beat classic mode on the highest difficulty with every character, the only other condition is that you must not lose one stock. If you do this, the Ice Climbers will be unlocked for use.
You must defeat 100 enemies in cruel Mii brawl, and defeat master icy core afterwards.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
.... Maybe they WILL be Wii U exclusive. Who really knows? Maybe Sakurai changed his mind after Icies didn't work on 3DS

There are usually multiple ways of unlocking smash characters, you know.
I am aware, but one said

Lucina: Beat the Classic mode with all 3 Fire Emblem characters
Dark Pit: Beat Classic Mode with Palutena

The other said
Lucina: Beat Marth's Classic mode
Dark Pit: Beat the classic mode three times

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I am aware, but one said

The other said
Or you could just do a bunch of normal fights, like everyone gets unlocked after like 115 matches anyway

D

Deleted member

It seems like it only takes about 120 vs. matches to unlock everyone. I'll probably end up doing that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I am aware, but one said

The other said
The latter conditions are the correct ones.

Lucina is unlocked by clearing Classic as Marth. Dark Pit is unlocked by clearing classic three times.

D

Deleted member

I've seen three different sources for unlocking methods in Smash 3DS all saying different things. Now I'm gonna have to buy the players guide for Smash 3DS to be absolutely sure what to do. I HATE THIS!!!!!!
I've seen the same thing. xD

Soul.

lol
ICs on Wii U but not 3DS. Please make them work on 3DS before you put them on the Weehee U again. If the Ice Climbers have a cheer on the game then that just means they left their data inside Smash 3DS' files. :troll:

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
After you unlock every character, you must then beat classic mode on the highest difficulty with every character, the only other condition is that you must not lose one stock. If you do this, the Ice Climbers will be unlocked for use.
You must defeat 100 enemies in cruel Mii brawl, and defeat master icy core afterwards.
Why you gotta be so ruuuude

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So not sure if you guys have seen this but...

Nana and Popo's cheer is heard within the game...
There's more and more evidence coming out that they're pretty much 70% in the game but not playable which absolutely kills me... There is probably so much of them in the game that they could be brought back with hacking, albeit probably crashing the game if multiple players play as them. Damn you Sakurai for actually make me care about these freakishly obscure characters to begin with...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Question about the unlockables, do the ones with the conditions "beat classic mode once/twice/thrice" take priority if I were to make my first runs with say Mii, Bowser, and Mario?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There's more and more evidence coming out that they're pretty much 70% in the game but not playable which absolutely kills me... There is probably so much of them in the game that they could be brought back with hacking, albeit probably crashing the game if multiple players play as them. Damn you Sakurai for actually make me care about these freakishly obscure characters to begin with...
However, this could mean something else. It could mean that maybe they're still in the game, just not at this moment.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
lol
ICs on Wii U but not 3DS. Please make them work on 3DS before you put them on the Weehee U again. If the Ice Climbers have a cheer on the game then that just means they left their data inside Smash 3DS' files. :troll:
What if they can't get the Ice Climbers to work on the 3DS?

I'd rather they put them in the wii u version than neither

D

Deleted member

Question about the unlockables, do the ones with the conditions "beat classic mode once/twice/thrice" take priority if I were to make my first runs with say Mii, Bowser, and Mario?
It would probably unlock Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr, and Dr. Mario. It's like in Brawl, where if you clear classic under 20 minutes (or whatever time would earn you Falcon) with Link, you'll get Ganondorf instead of Captain Falcon.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Character unlock conditions and stage they're fought on:
Character|How to unlock|Vs. Matches Required|Unlock location (3DS Version)
Ness|Beat Classic Mode 2 times|10|Magicant
Falco|Beat Classic Mode 1 time|20|Corneria
Wario|Beat 100-Man Smash|30|WarioWare, Inc.
Lucina|Beat Classic Mode with Marth|40|Arena Ferox
Dark Pit|Beat Classic Mode 3 times|50|Reset Bomb Forest
Dr. Mario|Beat Classic Mode with Mario|60|Mushroomy Kingdom
R.O.B.|Beat Classic Mode with Mr. Game & Watch on intensity 7.0 or higher|70|PictoChat 2
Ganondorf|Beat Classic Mode with Link|80|Gerudo Valley
Mr. Game & Watch|Beat Classic Mode with Duck Hunt|90|Flat Zone 2
Bowser Jr.|Beat Classic Mode with Bowser on intensity 7.0 or higher|100|3D Land
Duck Hunt|Beat Classic Mode with Mii Fighter|110|Battlefield
Jigglypuff|Beat Classic Mode with Charizard on intensity 7.0 or higher|120|Unova Pokémon League

Taken from SmashWiki: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Unlockable_character

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Best Combo
Mii unlocks Duck Hunt, Duck Hunt unlocks Mr. Game & Watch, Mr. Game & Watch unlocks R.O.B. at 7.0 or higher.
3 Characters right there.

D

Deleted member

R.O.B.|Beat Classic Mode with Mr. Game & Watch on intensity 7.0 or higher|70|PictoChat 2
Jigglypuff|Beat Classic Mode with Charizard on intensity 7.0 or higher|120|Unova Pokémon League

Falco isn't unlocked from 100 man mode in this game. Weird, but not unexpected. This game has broken so many traditions. Ness and Falcon not sharing availability, Marth and Luigi being promoted to starter, Luigi being demoted to hidden etc.

But yes, Ness is first unlock from vs. matches

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Best Combo
Mii unlocks Duck Hunt, Duck Hunt unlocks Mr. Game & Watch, Mr. Game & Watch unlocks R.O.B. at 7.0 or higher.
3 Characters right there.
Would Dark Pit take priority over ROB when unlocking if you beat the game in that order?

Because when you meet the requirements, only 1 character is going to be unlocked.

Or could you just do a 1v1 match and SD afterward to get the other person unlocked

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Smash Wiki also said this on that section, so idk.
image.jpg

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Okay; fine, you asked for it. Here are my presumed characters for Smash 4, this list is at the current time and I have not yet played the final retail version of the game; however, based on empirical knowledge (and prior experience), I believe the list is fairly accurate.

Ganon is my main.
Link is my secondary.
Zelda is my tertiary.
Lucina is my quaternary.
Dr. Mario is my quinary.
Dark Pit is my senary.
Jigglypuff is my octonary.

I am not sure about my nonary, perhaps Charizard or Zero-Suit Samus, I always wanted to play them more frequently; however, they had unfavorable mechanics attached to them.

It obviously depends on their changes which I have not been able to completely discern. A good potential denary would probably entail using a newcomer, such as Robin, Shulk, or Duck Hunt.

Anyways, we we ran into a problem. I am using these words, but I am not sure if they mean what I think they mean. :troll:
What? No septenary? :p

I knew that those numerous Latin numerical prefixes could be used for stuff beyond "trillion" and some other lists, but I thought that they stopped at "quaternary" (regarding variants of "primary"). >_> Huh..today I learned. XD 4 new vocabulary words!

(On a side-note, I'd love to see someone actually proficient with more than 2-3 characters that they can confidently call "mains"...not sure if Isai's Super Smash Bros. 64 gameplay counts. I mean, that Link combo! :laugh:)

At this point as most of us having played the game I think a lot of including myself are simply guessing at this point. People will narrow down their actual mains once that has actually happened.
I agree that some people may go this route, although there are also others that have their main fighter set in stone without even touching SSB4 (particularly for "favorite character" purposes). Even if Link is perceived as "the lowest of the lowest tier" in SSB4 (and beyond), I'm still going to main him (primarily out of dedication from the original Super Smash Bros. 64) throughout the Super Smash Bros., no matter who joins the roster (at least, out of all the gaming characters I know at the moment). The only thing that would probably encourage me to switch mains is if Link gets cut (which would be...not good. ;_;} I'm entirely open for more secondary+ characters, though..!

Last edited:

Soul.

What if they can't get the Ice Climbers to work on the 3DS?

I'd rather they put them in the wii u version than neither
I'd take them out and keep them as trophies instead of breaking the promise of having the same characters.
They were apparently cut, were low priority, and their series was unlikely to have a revival...so...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I hope I'm not the only one who's already moved on from the cut characters.

There's no point in dwelling in that anyway.

D

Deleted member

I'm just glad Sakurai outright stated that the character was planned but couldn't make it due to problems programming it.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
To quote a song
"You'll never know dear, how much I love you...
Please don't take my sunshine away."

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

It makes me wonder why bother offering to unlock via no. of matches when you can just do the easier/faster alternative.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I hope I'm not the only one who's already moved on from the cut characters.

There's no point in dwelling in that anyway.
Oh don't worry, you guys aren't the only ones. =D

You're just the vocal minority. ¦D

For now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd take them out and keep them as trophies instead of breaking the promise of having the same characters.
They were apparently cut, were low priority, and their series was unlikely to have a revival...so...
I'm not sure why the promise matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom