• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I always find it weird when people list 5-6 characters as their mains and then the rest of the cast as their secondaries. You all keep using those words...I don't think they mean what you all think they mean...
At this point as most of us having played the game I think a lot of including myself are simply guessing at this point. People will narrow down their actual mains once that has actually happened.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
As of right now, it looks like Ness will be my main, and my secondaries will be Greninja and Charizard. It may change to Greninja being my main once the game comes out and I feel like he's a better character than expected.

Morbi

Scavenger
I Pretty much want to use everyone but the Miis, like even if i have a go to character (Wario), i'm legitimately excited to use everyone... except the Miis.
I am the same exact way minus the part about the Miis! I just want to use everyone!

Ashley Williams for Smash. If only we could supplement the Mii Swordfighter's sword for a chainsaw... or Mii Gunner's canon arm for a boomstick. :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I Pretty much want to use everyone but the Miis, like even if i have a go to character (Wario), i'm legitimately excited to use everyone... except the Miis.
THAT'S WHO WAS MISSING FROM THE ROSTER THING! I knew I had one more person I wanted to use for that last slot that I threw Falco into as filler. The Miis! =D

Miis need to be added. Get on it Based @Warchamp7

Last edited:

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
There's also an extended version of the 3DS' Boxart, have that on hand?
I'm not sure about that extended version; this image is the best-quality version I can find for the Super Smash Bros. 4 (Nintendo 3DS) key artwork, which seems to be a slightly-adjusted version of the standard SSB4-3DS box art (I don't sight any extra characters, though..). Nintendo Europe Media was apparently the source for the "full" SSB4-Wii U key artwork that I linked to, although I'll keep an eye out on PidgiWiki's uploads.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone got the chance to play Shiek and Samus in Smash 3DS?

I didn't like them in Brawl

Have they been buffed from Brawl?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
You're just upset because you can't play 8+ characters well like the rest of us can.
There are few characters I can play as. There are plenty of characters I like to play as. I just don't get those two confused like most of the people here.

*bang *bang.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Okay; fine, you asked for it. Here are my presumed characters for Smash 4, this list is at the current time and I have not yet played the final retail version of the game; however, based on empirical knowledge (and prior experience), I believe the list is fairly accurate.

Ganon is my main.
Link is my secondary.
Zelda is my tertiary.
Lucina is my quaternary.
Dr. Mario is my quinary.
Dark Pit is my senary.
Jigglypuff is my octonary.

I am not sure about my nonary, perhaps Charizard or Zero-Suit Samus, I always wanted to play them more frequently; however, they had unfavorable mechanics attached to them.

It obviously depends on their changes which I have not been able to completely discern. A good potential denary would probably entail using a newcomer, such as Robin, Shulk, or Duck Hunt.

Anyways, we we ran into a problem. I am using these words, but I am not sure if they mean what I think they mean. :troll:
Would you main Black Shadow if he was a Ganon clone? :awesome:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Has anyone got the chance to play Shiek and Samus in Smash 3DS?

I didn't like them in Brawl

Have they been buffed from Brawl?
Sheik's Changes from Brawl
  • Short hop is much faster.
  • Needle Storm air no longer has its landing lag.
  • Up aerial is now a multi-hit attack.
  • Down aerial is now a meteor smash. It also leads into a second hit on grounded opponents.
  • Forward throw appears to have been sped up. It also deals 1% more damage than in Brawl, and sends foes at a slightly higher trajectory.
  • Neutral infinite now transitions into a finisher.
  • Forward aerial is much faster, and deals 2% more damage.
  • Forward smash has been strengthened again, now being able to KO under 100% when fully charged.
  • Sweetspotted dash attack deals 1% less damage.
  • Falling speed is faster.
  • Sheik has two new special moves.
    • Burst Grenade appears similar to the previous side special of Chain, except that the chain now has an explosive on the end instead of dealing damage itself. Her side taunt has changed to reflect this, where she pulls out the string from Burst Grenade as opposed to her Chain.
      • Due to Burst Grenade's function, Sheik cannot use this move as a tether recovery.
    • Bouncing Fish is her new down special move, an acrobatic kick attack.
  • Sheik can no longer transform into Zelda.

Samus's Changes from Brawl
  • Grapple Beam is much faster and has landing lag reduced.
  • Forward smash appears to have gotten much faster and now has a small fire charge that blasts out of it, similar toMario's forward smash.
  • Screw Attack now does more knockback.
  • Neutral attack's second hit appears to have more vertical range.
  • Zero Laser is more narrow, and comes out faster. It doesn't break the Power Suit.
  • Up smash deals drastically more knockback to the point where it can KO. The hits are also much closer together.
  • Down tilt appears to have gained more KO power.
  • Dash attack's early hit deals slightly more damage than in Brawl.
  • Charge Shot claimed to have "drastically improved" speed and power.
    • However, it has less damage potential, dealing 23% instead of 25% when fully charged.
  • Missiles have a new design and do not take as long to reach their maximum speed but otherwise have no obvious changes.
    • Samus now has landing lag if she lands while firing a missile.
  • Down aerial is now quicker, and appears to have a larger hitbox.
    • However, it deals less damage, dealing 13% as opposed to Brawl's 15%, and appears to have a sourspot.
  • Down smash and up tilt have been sped up. The former also appears to have strengthened.
    • However, her down smash has less damage potential.
  • Forward tilt is much faster.
    • However, it deals slightly less damage.
  • Samus' bombs, when used airborne, don't stop falling speed as much as in Brawl.
  • Neutral aerial is now a quick kick in front of her and behind her.
  • Charge Shot changes color depending on Samus's palette swap.
  • Grab aerial now has two hits.
  • Her down tilt produces much more intense lighting effects.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are few characters I can play as. There are plenty of characters I like to play as. I just don't get those two confused like most of the people here.

*bang *bang.
Denial is the first step to acceptance.
ACCEPT THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS US.
ACCEPT IT.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I always find it weird when people list 5-6 characters as their mains and then the rest of the cast as their secondaries. You all keep using those words...I don't think they mean what you all think they mean...
I like to play as the entire roster, though there are certain characters I like the most, and some characters I like less than those, but more-so than others. Though Ness has been the face of my mains, Kirby and Falcon too due to perfect attendee status.

If going by most played character in Brawl, it would be Snake/Olimar.

If just "go-to" character that I play as the best, then the list would still be larger than one.

If picking a favorite character... well then it just ends up being the large group of "mains" again.

Main is just an easy word to use, like how other words become slang in certain cases.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You guys can main a lot of characters

I usually main 1 and have a secondary, maybe 2 secondaries
I dislike people that insinuate you're only "allowed" to have fun/be good with one character.

Thankfully they usually shut up after losing to Random 6 times in a row.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Denial is the first step to acceptance.
ACCEPT THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS US.
ACCEPT IT.
I guess I'd be good with a bunch of characters too if I played free for alls with items on high.

^me in a 1v1
casual scrub :troll:

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
It's like he's wearing nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

NOTHING AT ALL!

stupid sexy wario

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, I'm a little late, but here's who I want to try out and why

-Lucario was a main of mine for a really long time in brawl. also light blue is cool.
-I like orange. This Shulk alt is Orange. Also, I like Shulk now.
-Inverted Game & Watch seems interesting to me.
-Ness is cool. Also, :015:.
-Melee main.

D

Deleted member

Well, I'm a little late, but here's who I want to try out and why

-Lucario was a main of mine for a really long time in brawl. also light blue is cool.
-I like orange. This Shulk alt is Orange. Also, I like Shulk now.
-Inverted Game & Watch seems interesting to me.
-Ness is cool. Also, :015:.
-Melee main.
Orange Shulk = Reyn

NOW IT'S REYN TIME

I'd use the orange Shulk if white Shulk wasn't a thing

D

Deleted member

I guess I'd be good with a bunch of characters too if I played free for alls with items on high.

^me in a 1v1
casual scrub :troll:
Oh you're never going to win a fight just flailing around like that.
Maybe that's why you lose so much

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My mains in 64 were Luigi, Ness, Link, Pikachu
My mains in melee Zelda, Ness, Young Link and Dr. Mario
My mains in brawl were Zelda, Ike, Ness and G/W.
The more I watch the more I think Ike, Zelda, Ness, Palutena and Greninja will be mine for 4.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So not sure if you guys have seen this but...

Nana and Popo's cheer is heard within the game...

D

Deleted member

I enjoy playing Roy and Mr. Game & Watch in Melee. I'm terrible at Melee though.
I play Mr. Game & Watch and Wario mostly in Brawl, though I'll sometimes play R.O.B. or Ness.
In Smash 4 I plan to play Shulk as well as Greninja, Wario, and Ness.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
.... Maybe they WILL be Wii U exclusive. Who really knows? Maybe Sakurai changed his mind after Icies didn't work on 3DS

I've seen three different sources for unlocking methods in Smash 3DS all saying different things. Now I'm gonna have to buy the players guide for Smash 3DS to be absolutely sure what to do. I HATE THIS!!!!!!
There are usually multiple ways of unlocking smash characters, you know.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
So not sure if you guys have seen this but...

Nana and Popo's cheer is heard within the game...
After you unlock every character, you must then beat classic mode on the highest difficulty with every character, the only other condition is that you must not lose one stock. If you do this, the Ice Climbers will be unlocked for use.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
My mains in 64 were Luigi, Ness, Link, Pikachu
My mains in melee Zelda, Ness, Young Link and Dr. Mario
My mains in brawl were Zelda, Ike, Ness and G/W.
The more I watch the more I think Ike, Zelda, Ness, Palutena and Greninja will be mine for 4.
Mines are:
64: :mario64::falcon64::kirby64:
Melee: :gawmelee::mariomelee::icsmelee::marthmelee:
Brawl: :pt::mario2::rob::gw::samus2:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I've seen three different sources for unlocking methods in Smash 3DS all saying different things. Now I'm gonna have to buy the players guide for Smash 3DS to be absolutely sure what to do. I HATE THIS!!!!!!
How to win;
  1. Clear Classic Mode with everyone at 7.0 or Above until you unlock everyone except R.O.B.
  2. Play 75 VS Matches to unlock R.O.B.
or
  1. One Stock, Damage Ratio 2.0, 1 Minute, Bombs on Very High, go nuts for about 200 matches and you're set

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Even the game is upset about the Ice Climbers. The poor crowd is latching onto Villager and calling him Nana and Popo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom