• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Of course they will, of course they will. They are a staple to Smash, amiright? There is no way that they are going anywhere. Clearly, they are of the highest priority.
I'm not all that torn up about them but feel free to keep making fun of me.
If you even are, it's hard to tell with you.
So.

Villager = Popo
THEY HAVE THE SAME HAIRSTYLE AND EVERYTHING
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The ICs crowd cheer is still in Smash 4.
Apparently it's a glitch where if there is a Villager in the game, they will use the cheer for the Climbers instead of Villager.
It seems like they have so many finished assets at this point that it wouldn't surprise me if they showed up as DLC if it happens, even if it's unlikely.
That glitch will probably will be fixed with a patch or something.

Maybe DLC could bring some characters back.

This shows once again they were meant to return, but limited development time is a *****.

I don't believe it would be impossible to implement them on the 3DS version. They would have to find one hell of a workaround for it, though.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Apparently it's a glitch where if there is a Villager in the game, they will use the cheer for the Climbers instead of Villager.
It seems like they have so many finished assets at this point that it wouldn't surprise me if they showed up as DLC if it happens, even if it's unlikely.
Conspiracy theory: Ice Climbers were being developed until they realized it was impossible. Sakurai, being fed up with Animal Crossing requests, put Villager there and simply forgot to take away the chant.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
They probably will, but I really hope they don't patch this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At what point did someone wearing black become emo instead of goth

D

Deleted member

So it seems Sakurai explicitly stated Icies were planned. I called it. 3DS did cause their removal. not that that's a bad thing

WAT?

I have school. And yesterday I had work right after school. WHADDYA WANT

Morbi

Scavenger
So it seems Sakurai explicitly stated Icies were planned. I called it. 3DS did cause their removal. not that that's a bad thing

WAT?

I have school. And yesterday I had work right after school. WHADDYA WANT
It is a "bad" thing though, the limitations of the 3DS had a direct effect on the Wii U version. Something that the 3DS ****-riders claimed would never ever happen because it could load over 700 Pokemon.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So all the reviews of Hyrule Warriors have come out today, with a Metacritic average of 73%.

I want to play it, but I might hold off for later, probably for Christmas. I've already bought 4 LoZ games from the Zelda Sale on eShop that I need to finish a couple of 'em first. >.<

(I.e. Legend of Zelda NES, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening DX, and Minish Cap.)

Anyone gonna buy it?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
So all the reviews of Hyrule Warriors have come out today, with a Metacritic average of 73%.

I want to play it, but I might hold off for later, probably for Christmas. I've already bought 4 LoZ games from the Zelda Sale on eShop that I need to finish a couple of 'em first. >.<

(I.e. Legend of Zelda NES, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening DX, and Minish Cap.)

Anyone gonna buy it?
Apparently "Hyrule Warriors" is about as "good" as Destiny. Oh, how I love arbitrary review scores. :troll:

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Don't listen to meta-critic. They are biased up the nose with "famous reviewers" that make a huge impact by about 10-15%

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
High school
I still find this strange - I grew up in the Bay Area in California, and a lot of those prescribed labels were held onto by kids who really had nothing else to go off of other than TV.

The surfer bros were by far the worst, most vile, cliche jock types, while the football players were mostly people of color or dorks and/or both that I actually got along with. All of the baseball players were kinda weird and aloof, the cheerleaders were all on honor roll, and the band geeks were higher than anyone you'd ever meet as an adult.

I had a denim vest with patches, hair down to my shoulders and used to getting tossed around at thrash shows which were more like house parties than something depressive, and yet some weird people obsessed with degrassi considered me an emo kid who listened to screamo. If emo kids got hit by couches while moshing at Municipal Waste shows, I think this whole thing would be turned on its ear.

At this point, I live in New York - everyone wears black. Everyone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It is a "bad" thing though, the limitations of the 3DS had a direct effect on the Wii U version. Something that the 3DS ****-riders claimed would never ever happen because it could load over 700 Pokemon.
Well, would you live to have your online lagged severely because of one character, or would you rather have severely smooth play and no problems with anyone?

Also, you should remember no console version was originally planned. The idea for that came up after a new Smash was suggested, and while I never can remember if it was Iwata or Sakurai's idea to be handheld only, the other said the other version would be made. We're lucky we got a console version. That was a decision that was made after the idea of the handheld one. As is.

Just because I don't like the cuts doesn't mean I don't realize we're being a bit entitled here.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I still find this strange - I grew up in the Bay Area in California, and a lot of those prescribed labels were held onto by kids who really had nothing else to go off of other than TV.

The surfer bros were by far the worst, most vile, cliche jock types, while the football players were mostly people of color or dorks and/or both that I actually got along with. All of the baseball players were kinda weird and aloof, the cheerleaders were all on honor roll, and the band geeks were higher than anyone you'd ever meet as an adult.

I had a denim vest with patches, hair down to my shoulders and used to getting tossed around at thrash shows which were more like house parties than something depressive, and yet some weird people obsessed with degrassi considered me an emo kid who listened to screamo. If emo kids got hit by couches while moshing at Municipal Waste shows, I think this whole thing would be turned on its ear.

At this point, I live in New York - everyone wears black. Everyone.
Who the **** thinks a thrash concert would be depressive? Are they mentally challenged? Thrash metal is THE metal.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Don't listen to meta-critic. They are biased up the nose with "famous reviewers" that make a huge impact by about 10-15%
Oh I don't worship Metacritic. I just look at a couple of reviews if I'm unsure about buying a particular game. Or look at comments and see what the crowd thinks.

In the end, it's all about gut instinct.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, would you live to have your online lagged severely because of one character, or would you rather have severely smooth play and no problems with anyone?

Also, you should remember no console version was originally planned. The idea for that came up after a new Smash was suggested, and while I never can remember if it was Iwata or Sakurai's idea to be handheld only, the other said the other version would be made. We're lucky we got a console version. That was a decision that was made after the idea of the handheld one. As is.

Just because I don't like the cuts doesn't mean I don't realize we're being a bit entitled here.
Get your pathetic straw-man fallacy out of my face; that was not my argument in the slightest. My argument was that those pretentious 3DS owners that vehemently asserted that the 3DS version would not influence the Wii U version were blatantly incorrect.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528

Anyone gonna buy it?
I played Hyrule Warriors over at the Nintendo World Store yesterday -

I don't pay attention to numeric values for game reviews (after all, what the hell is the number 8 when it comes to your feelings and experiences? Gross) but I have to tell you, it's a well made flimsy game. I don't really get the appeal of just endlessly mobbing through hordes of enemies that seem to have the weight of a ripped tissue when you slice through them - but I never played Dynasty Warriors either. Seems good for a power trip, but there's no substance there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom